Are these the best writers Marvel could offer to write these characters on their nostalgia project...

Are these the best writers Marvel could offer to write these characters on their nostalgia project? Most especially Mar-Vell and Thor Odinson?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you seen their Glassdoor reviews? Who the fuck would want to work for Marvel?

No they are the writers who wanted the job.

It's just the people who were writing these characters anyway.
Stop thinking whatever Marvel advertises is actually worth being advertised. It never is.

They're basically just side-stories for writers of the current legacy characters.
And it should be Thunderers, not Thunder.

no they are the writers already on their respective ongoing

What can you expect from these series, Sup Forums?
Obviously they're going to be non-canon and obviously they're gonna be shit and obviously the old characters will support the new ones replacing them.

This nostalgia project is basically going to be a bunch of "the new generation is better and you're terrible for not loving them" so does it really matter who we get writing it?

Bendis can do empty and substanceless Miles wank as good as anyone else.

>those names
let let out a physical groan

Yes

Pretty much this. All the good writers have gone to other companies or indie. You don't need to suck up to the Big 2 nowadays in order to get a chance at making a comic.

Along with the shared stories of how shitty working for Marvel is this chases off most possible GOOD new talent. Do you see most new writers saying 'Man I've got this sick Marvel comic idea'? No, its ten times easier to make your own shit these days.

And thank god for that

>Obviously they're going to be non-canon
Captain America, Thor, and Wolverine have done time travel stories before. Bendis is just going to the Spider-Men 2.0 and I really don't know that much about Mar-Vell or Stohl to make a prediction.

Lel, it's not to see someone "caring"

Taylor and Stohl are fine.
But when are they finally going to get rid of Bendis?

I'll check out The Bravest for Based Mar-Vell and The Thunder for more Thor vs. Apocalypse action. Don't give a fuck about the rest.

These are so redundant.

priest is doing an inhumans thing, so there's that

of course it is its a series about people with the same name and powers teaming up

> Taylor and Stohl are fine
> Recycled Logan narratives basically making Laura what Kyle and Yost was avoiding her to be - an exact duplicate of Logan down to her stories and KSD Lite slice-of-life Carol
> fine

This is how Marvel sets their benchmark.

>fine
I see this word in every Marvel defense post and it's never true. Never. Pretty amazing.

>Taylor and Stohl are fine.
No. No they're not. At best they're mediocre.

You know, what the fuck is with Marvel always going nostalgic for the Avengers? It feels like every single Avengers run has to do issues about the original 60's team. Whether it be Kang or some other form of time travel, they have to keep reminding you about the team's origins over and over.

This whole event screams that Marvel doesn't know what to do with their characters. They assumed that legacies would have been big bucks, but they never had any stories planned out for them. Where's the mystery? Where's the development? Instead we just get a new character fighting the previous rogue's gallery.

It's not even that, it's the fact that we've already seen these people do team up shit multiple times with their legacies. Shit, Thors and and Spider-men literally could do it even now any day they wanted to.

>You know, what the fuck is with Marvel always going nostalgic for the Avengers?

Because it's their original A-list characters teaming up for the first time. Who to this day are the lynchpin of Marvel universe.

Gonna sell like condoms to a nun

>it's their original A-list characters teaming up for the first time

That's not true a tall. Avengers was basically the C-Listers. It wasn't until Bendis that they started putting A listers on the team and until the movie that people other than Avengers fanboys gave a shit about the team.

>This whole event screams that Marvel doesn't know what to do with their characters.
They know what to do with them. It's just not about writing good comics anymore, just dishing out political messages.
They don't have to have a compelling storyline or good action of superheroes vs. supervillains they just want to have them say stupid shit about feminism, diversity, and all that other crap.
Their main selling point is that they are black or brown, they have vaginas or prefer to take it up the butt. That's what they got these characters for. That's what Marvel is interested about and nothing else.

No one says "Well, I was just laid off/quit my job and will now go out of my way to give my former employer a good review." It's all pissed off people and shills.

>27% Recommend to a friend
>17% Approve of CEO (no image) Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter
lol

t. shill

t. Adult Child

Ant-Man and Wasp weren't considered A-List at all, and again, why is it that every Avengers run never feels like it's progressing forward? I feel like the team keeps regressing.

Do SJW's ever get bored of their own message?

>Do SJW's ever get bored of their own message?
That's all they exist for

>Do SJW's ever get bored of their own message?
They have a conviction and a perspective that they are right. That whatever they are doing or advocating is righteous and worthy of their antics.

In short, no, they're no where near bored.

>mfw SJWs have more fun than us real men

not everyone's a petty manbaby like you

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
>Is this self-contained? Is this an alternate timeline?
>In one word: No.
>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.
>This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it. Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all in one

The most recent arc of Thor literally had Jane and Odinson team up. Carol and Mar have teamed up countless times, as have Laura and Logan. Sam and Steve were literally partners for years and Spider-men II is going to be starting the same month as this so it won't even be the only Miles + Peter team-up happening at that time.

The only mildly interesting ones are Carol and Kamala, since Kamala never met Carol during her Ms. Marvel days, only Captain Marvel; Jean + Jean since "meeting your younger self from the future" is a weird twist on the whole thing, and Bruce + Cho since despite knowing each other and having teamed up plenty of times, it's never happened while they were both Hulk.

The only one I was looking forward to was Nova because I wanted Sam to meet teen Rich but that's gone and frankly the rest of this looks bad.

t. uncreative shill

On the other hand the negative reviews vastly outweigh the positive ones so there's a common thread there. Even DC doesn't have that vast ratio of negativity compared to Marvel, which is funny because considering all the hostility directed toward DC by bloggers and journalists years ago you'd think that was the case.

Why is Peter/Miles and Logan/Laura being sold as if it was a new thing? They've teamed up plenty of times before.

I have no idea. With Logan, it's a dead character on a team up (for the nth time) with his clone/legacy who Taylor writes as Logan's mini me giving her Logan's narratives - Enemy of the State for one. Giving her a kid side kick is alsoa Logan thing...