Why he fuck college life depicted in webcomics are so carefree and charming while in the real life we all know that...

Why he fuck college life depicted in webcomics are so carefree and charming while in the real life we all know that it's nothing but a debt-ridden hellish experience?

It's called 'wish fulfillment'.

>being american

That and college is the new high school setting.

Alot of cartoons in the early 00s portrayed college as the hell ride it is.

Because most artists get a free ride from mommy and daddy, and don't really know what any kind of real suffering is.
>Implying college is difficult enough to be called "hellish"

Because you're not chad and slaying college pussy

Because webcomic writers are often manchildren and crybabies who enroll in liberal colleges/artschools and never met a serious challenge in their lives.

/thread

>Being part of the biggest shit show of an education system,
>Dealing with lard asses and liberals for more than 8 hours a day
>Dream of getting a BFA.
Why the fuck am I this retarded?

>the dead silence of a campus finals week except for the drunks at 3AM

School education is shitty in everywhere albeit it's shittier in particular places.

Because of those same retards who treat college as high school.

>forgetting Funland

Man, I'm going to go on a tangent. Sorry in advance.
Wanna be an animator, suck at it, work hard to improve, work 55 hour week on a job I hate, barely make enough money to get to college, (I refuse to go in debt,) I've got one more month until I can pay for the first few years, but i just don't know if I can do it. I'm a fucking pussy, scared of failure and success. Half tempted to give the money to charity, and off myself. What the hell is my problem?

>going to school to animate
Why? There's nothing there that they can do for you that you couldn't do yourself except for competent criticism.

>There's nothing there that they can do for you that you couldn't do yourself
College is easier for making a career and connections with key people.

>Work 30 hours while taking 18 credits
>Graduate
>Try to fuck me out of my diploma by trying to force more money out of me to retake a course
>Get it when I call out their bullshit
>Now have monthly payments to pay off loans (not crazy bad thankfully)
>Job market is fucking shit and impossible to get experience
Should have stuck with precision machining, but I fucking hate factory work

Unfortunately, this. Even worse is the fact I'm as charismatic as Hitler's corpse. I still need to"gitgud" and so on as well, but I know if I keep working hard, I can make it.

Dude, I've wanted to kill myself for the past two and a half years of college, and I'm still here.

There's a considerable distance between wanting to die and killing yourself. Just fucking go to college so you don't have to live hating yourself until you finally muster the motivation to an hero.

Also, try meditation. No spiritual bullshit, just slow breathing with a cleared mind, every day. Helped me pass my exams.

This here. There's a difference in going through biology, physics, or computer science, and going through an art or english degree. One involves tons of work and effort, the other involves being good at bullshitting. Hence why every artist and writer always depicts college as being an idyllic life where you spend most of your time going to parties and trying to get a date, and every character looks like a Hot Topic reject.

>every character looks like a Hot Topic reject
Yeah, same webcomic artists also think university as a punk concert. It's the trope which I hate most.

Same reason adult life is always just peachy (how in the fuck does DD have time to be a lawyer and a super hero?) and High School athletes have time for a part time job and an active social life in addition to their training schedule.

This. Fictional characters always live beyond their means.

Comics are wish fulfillment fantasies and some people have really lame wishes.

Because the people who draw comics are living off of patreon donations

>There's a difference in going through biology, physics, or computer science, and going through an art or english degree.
There is indeed, the latter two are much more likely to get you a job. At least here in Canada.

(Of course, "more likely" means you'll probably still end up begging on the streets, but yeah.)

>Alot of cartoons in the early 00s portrayed college as the hell ride it is.
Examples? Vids?