So what's the consensus on Terry McGinnis as Batman?

So what's the consensus on Terry McGinnis as Batman?

Not nearly as good as Terry Bogard as Superman.

Only acceptable Batman besides Bruce

He was a Mary Sue

Schway

This.

he was fun

Dickbats best bats

Is it bad that I actually like Terry more than Bruce?

Pure and best

Not at all

>Mary Sue
>caused his father to get killed due to his anger issues
>is seen as a thug by his girlfriend's father and constantly has falling outs with her
>spends the whole series getting his ass kicked
>is only a good Batman initially because of a state of the art suit

What the fuck are you talking about?

>Dickbats best bats

Terry was superior.

Literally not true in any way. Dick was so good because he didn't want the job and obviously he was more skilled.

>He was a Mary Sue
Even after he got the suit he was mostly a loser who couldn't get his life together and mostly got his ass kicked even with a high-tech suit. If anything, the show loved dumping on him a bit too much.

Being Terry is suffering.

And it is delicious.

He was definitely fun, and a nice change to the usual stuff. A bit Dickbats, but with extra of dickery.

I, too, enjoy Spider-man.

bretty gud

Please tell me this is a thing

Another shitty white male teenager.

Black Batman when?

Soft, rich, white boy who never had any hardship

Kek what. Do you even Batman Beyond?

He was middle class at best.

He was nice, he used to whine a bit much but he was a teen and ultimately he did the job. He's slipping now though, he has some pretty good excuses but he's clearly gotten soft.

There was one, he was kind of shit at it.

>Wanting a Goddamn BatNig
Not even once

God I fucking hate duke

I like him more than Bruce and Dick is cool but he should be his own hero and fuck Damian

Damian just became Ra's Al Ghul

He makes more sense, he has much less control over his life so it makes him a hell of a lot more interesting than billionar playboy that can rule the city if he wanted.

Terry was basically a batman version of spiderman. A mixed up teen given an incredible opportunity due to circumstance who tries to balance his regular life with crime fighting, usually at the expense of the latter while fighting villains with clever quips

I think he's pretty schway

Terry is great because hes his own Batman and not trying to be an imitation of Bruce. Possibly my favorite heir to the cowl.

Would make a better spideman than batman

What the fuck is even with Duke's costume? Its yellow because artistically it looks alright on a dark skinned character, but in universe its fucking retarded. Its the most SHOOT ME bat family costume ever, far surpassing the old Robin getup, and doesnt make a bit of sense. No camouflage, its the exact opposite of what Batman's armored target logo tired to do, and all around ugly. The guy walking around Gotham like hes a speedster instead of a street level vigilante

Like that wasn't the point of all Bat sidekicks

Because Terry wasn't effectively raised by Bruce like Dick, Jason and Tim were. Sons always try to emulate their fathers.

Depends. Do he fuck Dee Dee? If they weren't his catwoman then he's terrible.

You're expecting a black person to be intelligent, stop that

>Sons always try to emulate their fathers.

OH GOD
Is that why I'm a failure?

>What the fuck are you talking about?
Just a buzzword, user. You can always just safely ignore the posts of anybody who uses specific words.

I have some criticism about Terry both as a hero and a character, but all the same I find this kind of in-world future (which will never be because Batman will never die) of the Batman brand to feel the most authentic.

Bruce Wayne cannot be replaced. But he can be succeeded. And that's what Terry is. I like that he's watered down compared to Bruce and I think it's important that he comes from outside the Bat family (i.e. no history as a sidekick).

Never read the comics, did Terry ever get on Max?

According to JLU, he married Dana. I dunno if he and Max ever had a one-off thing, though. Probably not, given that she's Dana's friend.

>So what's the consensus on Terry McGinnis as Batman?

He's great. The true heir to the Bat-mantle.

Yea Max was just that one hot girl we all knew that was a total bro. I mean, yea, she was funny, smart and really attractive but you just didn't because you were best friends. And who wants a meaningful relationship with their best friend, am I right? You keep that shit platonic.

oooKKKKAAYYYYY

The true Son of Bruce Wayne

>Killed all his rouges
>Killed the Joker

How was he not a Mary Sue

Most of his foes killed themselves, either by intention or through blind stupidity.

Dick was best Batman.

ding

Terry was a third rate batman who literally got the job because Dick didn't want it and Damian didn't exist in this universe.

Tied with Dick for my favorite of Batman's supporting cast.

>Pulled into center of the earth

nopenopenope

I really dislike that Justice League episode where Terry was revealed to be some weird half-clone of Bruce Wayne.

Stupid chink batman

Schway.

That was his destiny since birth. And there is nothing wrong with it.

terry is chink?

Several of his rogues like Inque and Shriek are still alive. And he destroyed a microchip with a joy buzzer.

Is Tim Drake a Mary Sue for killing the actual Joker?

>some weird half-clone of Bruce Wayne.
Technically that's what one would call biological son.

It's not.
I mean, unless his mother is, which I doubt.

Damian shouldn't exist in any universe.

He's his own character instead of just a younger Bruce, and he was a fun hero to watch as a kid.

>white mom
>two white dads
>chink

Bruce was the one who made Duke's costume, user.

Yes kid clearly couldn't be that good of a shot in that emotionally traumatized state

I really enjoyed him.

Worse Batman than Bruce,but better character

>Any hero that defeats their villain is a mary sue

Some of that shit was truly fucking horrific. Hell I remember being scared of the "radioactive earth elemental" guy when I was a kid.

Hell, that episode is one of my favourites. So bittersweet, so dark. Amazing series.

you dont understand mary sue

Go on.

>Revenge surgery
I always thought that one was the most fucked up one.

Does Duke even have a superhero name? Does he seriously just go by Duke in costume?

Also, that is one of the worst Batfamily costumes to date. It looks like it doesn't know what it's supposed to be.

What part of that is a Mary Sue? The whole point of him beating the Joker was that was essentially his final Batman test. Proof that he was a worthy successor. It's like when a new Ultraman beats a monster like Birdon or Zetton.

I really liked him in the main series
LOVED his fight with the joker
especially how he does the one thing that Bruce never could, break the joker by just laughing at him

He was a cyber punk.

I'm not paying you for this kek.

He's not even a chemist.

I liked him and I'd be open to seeing a live action movie of Batman Beyond.

>spent enough time in Juvie to be warned that if he screws up again it's jail next.
>Soft
>single mother raising two kids after husband dies
>Rich
>aformentioned along with his parents having had a devorce
>not knowing hardship
It is to laugh.

How was this not the first post?

>especially how he does the one thing that Bruce never could, break the joker by just laughing at him
So in the end, it really was Bruce's fault that the Joker became a massive, psychopathic murder machine, if he'd just laughed at how ridiculous he was from the start, he never would've tried so hard to get Batman to pay attention to him.

Fuck you, Bruce.

It's Lark or some gay ass shit like that

Apparently a live-action Batman Beyond was one of the movies planned after Batman & Robin.
But the movie bombed and put the whole franchise on ice

I thought it was "Bat Wing"

No you're a failure because you were raised by one.

He is literally "BatBoy."

He's the best spider-man that a batman can be.

That was David and then Luke

Lark

No one got it worse than that guy

>if the cuck was as sick as any of us here; he'd cut the guy down to just the parts he needs to make him into a fuckdoll and automate his body to do all the work as the good doctor just lays back and looks at the dread in that guys eyes as his new body does everything another person has assigned to it.

>i'd rather be at the center of the earth

That's an awful name.

He's not exactly "Batman" imo since I consider Bruce's obsessive behavior to be part of the character... but he's fun to watch. I consider his partnership with Bruce to be the most interesting part of the series.

Had sex only one time in his life, died right after, had his suit taken by Tim Drake, who goes to the future and fights crime there.
Poor guy.

And don't forget that he (mostly) failed his one objective in going back to the past to begin with.
Nobody likes you, Brother Eye

And then Bruce came in with the stone cold quip.