Characters writers and artists like or hate thread

Characters writers and artists like or hate thread.
An old classic, while Morrison loves pretty much all characters he isn't a fan of Hulk, it's not real hate or anything, it's just finding his gimmick uninteresting

i generally like Geoff Johns but there are certain characters he just can't get right, the biggest ones been Batman and Wonder Woman.

Dematteis wrote my favourite cape comic arc ever, so I'm gonna go with him.

Ennis hates Batman, along with almost every other superhero except Superman and Daredevil, but he isn't allowed to make him look too bad so he resorts to oblique embarrassments.

I wonder if he ever actually read PAD's run on Hulk, or Pak's. There's plenty you can do with the character but people outside his solo seem to be afraid to get away from his original status quo which they're long, LONG past.

Johns just prefers 70's Batman to modern Batgod, but also likes taking the piss out of Batgod.

Batman used to get owned any time he had to fight more than like three or four guys at once, he would have long knock-down fights with a handful of mooks or even just one guy, similar to James Bond. I always think of this one great Englehart scene where Batman is fighting just one guy in some kind of water treatment plant while hanging from a rope.

Now Batman effortlessly takes out masses of badguys at once.

Both interpretations are valid but people get assblasted when Johns brings him more back-to-basics in Earth One and act like he's trying to shit on Batman.

pad and pak are shit tho

>tripfag is a tasteless faggot
Wow, I'm so shocked.

>Johns just prefers 70's Batman

Bullshit. Johns doesnt prefer any interpretation of batman, he didnt read batman as a kid or as a teen. He just doesnt like the character and there's nothing wrong with that, the batman he is more familiar with is Dixon's and the one from the cartoons.

Waid is a huge fanboy of captain marvel and superman, but he dislikes Captain atom, it's not irrational, it's just that it's yet another flying brick in DC and took a lot of the spotlight un the 80's and 90's. Fun fact, while Johns was really into the captain atom comic he ever liked the character: Johns was a firestorm fanboy.
It wasnt real hate, just fanboy stuff.

It's the same guy who claims Bruce Jones is a better Hulk writer than them

I saw a panel where Waid said he likes Wonder Woman but he just can't wrap his head around her.

Keith Giffen HATES Karate Kid, is proud he killed him off twice & said he'll gladly do it again.

Nothing wrong with not liking batman, but pretending Johns likes Bruce is wrong. It's like saying he liked Kyle. Johns is a fanboy, that it's his greatest asset, as as every fanboy he is allowed to like and dislike some characters.

Morrison also hates Judge Dredd, thinks the character is outdated.

Morrison disliking something is almost bizarre.

Ennis doesnt hate batman. If anything it's one of the only superheroes he likes to write, you are projecting. Batman it's the EXTREMELY serious guy that thinks using his punches will solve anything, and that's why for Ennis Batman, especially Post Miller batman is so fun to take out of his comfort zone, Batman's favorite insult was "DEGENERATE" and was pretty much Dirty harry in personality, Ennis was contracultural, that's the whole thing. Freakout it's great.

Nah he also showed Spider-man some love as well. His Thousand story was pretty good.

Bullshit. Johns' Batman acts NOTHING like 70's Batman. It's not just that Johns' Batman is weak, it's that he's a ridiculously arrogant blowhard and a complete asshole who always thinks he's the coolest and smartest guy in the room. His interpretation of the character somehow always comes off as more of a liability that the rest of the Justice League tolerates for some reason than an actual core member.

Lmao @ Earth One being "back to basics". It's kinda funny seeing Bruce being such a flaccid and idiotic fuck-up who has no business fighting crime and is the world's worst detective, but don't act like that's in any way representative of the character from classic stories.

Moore isn't that much into Batman. Even his Batman comics aren't really about Batman but his villains.

The back to basic is a excuse by johnsfans m8, they are not familiar with batman so they don't know about shaman, gothic or long halloween, they actually believe batman fans don't likie rookie batman. When it's always about his personality and not power level, even dixon Batjerk had reasons to be a jerk. The problem with johns is that his batman is both arrogant and useless, i don't like batjerk that much. but i like Alan Grant batjerk, and he is justified. You can't have a prick on tyhe teram is the prick doesnt have a reason to be a prick. The first time Johns worked with batman he has him INSULTING THE JSA, just to discover the JSA are not useless. That is Batman for Johns, a bully and a prick. It's always about personality.

He doesnt dislike batman, and he just have 2 batman stories. He hates how wasted gotham is, Gotham. Also mortal clay is fantastic.

>and he just have 2 batman stories.

Which focused more on the villain than Batman. And that user didn't say Moore disliked Batman, it's just that he doesn't care for him as much as he does for Superman.

I am and he is but its a lower bar than a midget only pub in new orleans

Actually he was saying that, and makes no sense, you could also say "Moore isn't that much into Matter-Eater Lad". Moore has generally postive opinions on Batman, you are taking things out of context, especially when Moore has said he is sick of batman, he was talking about the media sucking the life oput of the very same characters for decades

The superhero movies – characters that were invented by Jack Kirby in the 1960s or earlier – I have great love for those characters as they were to me when I was a 13-year-old boy. They were brilliantly designed and created characters. But they were for 50 years ago. I think this century needs, deserves, its own culture. It deserves artists that are actually going to attempt to say things that are relevant to the times we are actually living in. That’s a longwinded way of me saying I am really, really sick of Batman.” --Alan Moore

I don't know if that user's talking about that quote (and I don't take any of his statements on superheroes at face value), but I'm thinking of what Millar said about Moore a few years back.

Yeah that seems right. But I always saw that Moore didnt like batman as a superhero but as a noir hero. After all Batman, doc savage, tarzan, etc were all the "resistance" in his twilight of the superhero story.