Comic book author Howard chaykin is called "transphobic" in Twitter

>Comic book author Howard chaykin is called "transphobic" in Twitter.
> Make a comic years ago with transexuals characters in a prominent role.
> SJWs never fucking read a damn comic.

Other urls found in this thread:

monkeysfightingrobots.com/chaykin-divided-states-hysteria/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In their defense I never heard of the damn thing either.
Then again I ain't the one trying to start beef with a comic author, cause if I was I'd google up shit and make my hate at least wikipedia level educated.

Because Black Kiss is good and his new shit is shit.

My favorite was the part where Joe Glass posted two articles on Bleeding Cool attacking Chaykin for transphobia and the majority of the Bleeding Cool commentors called him out on it.

>SJWs never fucking read a damn comic.
I'm fairly sure most of Sup Forums doesn't know who Howard Chaykin is either, much less have read Black Kiss.

Sup Forums only have interest in Marvel and DC superhero titles.

monkeysfightingrobots.com/chaykin-divided-states-hysteria/

>monkeysfightingrobots.com

That URL guarantees that nothing posted there will ever be taken seriously.

Gross, I would've guessed there'd be hardcore nerds here, not a bunch of casuals who skipped the classics

To be fair, alt-righters were also offended at the idea of this "SJW" being written by some guy called Chaykin.

Alt-righters are crackwhores of Sup Forums

>monkeysfightingrobots.com/chaykin-divided-states-hysteria/
>The trans community deserves an apology. If Chaykin can’t see fit to do it, then his company needs to do it on his behalf. They need to take responsibility for letting this go to press. Hiding behind Chaykin’s tone deaf narcissism is a cop out.
>All of us deserve better than this. We all deserve to be treated with respect. We deserve to see something from our creators when they make mistakes. We deserve to have comics move forward with the times and not stay in the dark ages of geekdom.
You don't 'deserve' anything. Chaykin is a million times more successful than you'll ever be and he doesn't owe you shit, entitled millennial fuck. This triggered me.

Changing directions here, can somebody storytime the comic?

I can see where they come from, Chaykin's transsexual characters are horrible people.

But so is pretty much everyone the man's written since he wrapped American Flagg! and his recurring Gary Stu would brand him as an antisemite if we look at his comics in that light.

Oh, and the black characters? Massive asshokes, every las one of them. Don't start me on the women.

Take that triggered shit to your Tumblr, big guy. I've mopped up enough PTSD incidents to really not like it. You're pissed off. Call it that, don't be a drama queen.

Every chaykin character is at one point or other an asshole. At least he draw black people well.

from what I hear, its not blue board material

When I think about it I get narcissist vibes off pretty much all of them that I recall off the cuff. Again, post-AF! Excessive praise gone to his head?

MONKEY VERSUS ROBOT

Well, that's what /aco/ is supposed to be for.

Someone storytimed it last week:

Alt right is just a meme at this point.

>You don't 'deserve' anything. Chaykin is a million times more successful than you'll ever be and he doesn't owe you shit, entitled millennial fuck. This triggered me.
Now you are acting like a drama queen user, let people have whatever opinion they wish to have.

I've actually gotten to talk to Chaykin as a part of a college course I took, as the prof teaching the class is friends with the guy.

We skyped him in and couldn't see him or anything, and the whole time it sounded like he was reprimanding a dog in the background. He'd say things like, "Get that out of your mouth, you idiot," and "I'll feed you later."

Very late into the interview, it became apparent that the dog was actually an assistant of his and he'd just been talking to him in the same tone that someone would with a dog.

I recall asking him about how he's changed his artistic approach over the years, especially from the varied panels that were in American Flagg. He defended that people are stupid and that comic book readers tend to be even more stupid. He went on to say that, in order to make money, there was a demand that he adhere to a more basic style and approach.

He also said that he hated the people that worked on some Star Wars comics and almost didn't talk to me at all because I share a name with one of the people who was a part of them.

All in all though, he's kind of a grumpy grandpa and it's hard not to like him.

Speaking of Chaykin, was the run of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser that he did with Mike Mignola any good? I've been meaning to read it, but haven't gotten a chance to.

I'm not saying she can't have that opinion, she can act as childish as she wants, but I can comment on it too.

But you're right of course, there's no real point in reacting to it.

That sounds fucking hilarious

Haha great anecdote user!