or
George Lucas Edition
Pick your poison

Previous parts:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_p_FHTV2RSA
youtube.com/watch?v=Qn977W9HjWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dumb arc but gotta love that Morphing Disk jet.

Also I totally miss the old Metropolis Science Police stuff with the robot suits.

Agreed

lol

Yeah, that was a neat idea, I'm surprised they haven't brought it back

The worst part is they don't even try to explain this with hypnotism or magic or anything.

Literally just Diana overcome by animal magnetism.

Stargate. Always Stargate.

Unless it's specifically Universe, that can stay in the trash were it belongs.

To be fair, who could ever resist that haircut?

Ah yes, the Ancient Furgyptians, who could ever forget them

And none of these brainiacs could figure that out huh

I love the Science Police. They're police. For science.

John Byrne is a creepy idiot. News at 11.

At least Levitz had the decency to err on the whole Dream Girl/Atmos thing as hypnotism. Doesn't stop it from being gross, but still.

Why is it always Egyptians and alien shit
Next you'll be telling me there's aliens in AC Origins.

Oh god, it's the Capcom marketing department at it again!!

The ancient Egyptians were super into animal heads, yo. Damn near every important god had one, or an alternate interpretation of them had one.

I used to be really in to Egyptian mythology, and that shit is proper insane. Ever heard of the story of how Osiris's dick got eaten by a fish?

Oh, I know that, it's just that sarcophaguses (sarcophagi?) featured regular humans in them, since, you know, regular humans were "buried" in them, not animal-god people.

>ANOTHER earthquake
Seriously?

Wink wink

WINK WINK.

The whole "aliens built the pyramids" thing has been around a long ass time, so that's probably why.

Ah. Yeah, that makes no sense. Maybe these people were just really pretentious.

Though pretentious is probably the wrong word. The Egyptian pantheon was just as much a bunch of inbred idiots as any other.

TBF this story is based on an old Hawkman story.

I don't know WHY, but it is.

Wait, for real? That's really weird.

Yep, Brave and the Bold #44, The Men Who Moved the World. It's why Byrne thanks Gardner Fox and Joe Kubert in the credits here

He's such an alpha. Almost as alpha as John Byrne. John Byrne is the greatest alpha in comics, the greatest artist and the finest writer. I am not a John Byrne, who is not a pedophile. It is very bad how pediphilia is often confused with ephebophilia. Again, I am not the greatest alpha in comics, John Byrne, who would never deign to post on a forum that is not fairly and well moderated like the forum of dominant alpha artist and writer, John Byrne.

Hi, Mr. Enryb, great post.

Man, that's so odd.

Of course you're not John Byrne. He has his very own forum where people can jerk him off all day

Byrne is starting to remind me waaaay too much of Ken Penders.

youtube.com/watch?v=_p_FHTV2RSA

I can't believe Cave Carson is fucking dead

I will say this run starts to really pick up after this arc.

Goddammit, man.

Would you?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qn977W9HjWM

That's so stupid how Cave's telling HIMSELF what just happened to him.

My heart belongs to a different tittybird

So they're like an army of blind Bendises

Do I want to know?

And there we go. Gateway City: America's First CGI City!

It's one of the odd things about this run. Sometimes you get usual Byrne writing, sometimes you get this weird, stilted, early Silver Age writing that almost seems like it's supposed to be for kids.

Certain issues just feel totally phoned in, the one that most easily comes to mind being the one where Diana fights the giant Greek statue earlier.

After this issue things suddenly take a turn for the better.

Yeah, and this was the mid 90's, so there was really no excuse for this kind of writing unless you were intentionally making a throwback to older comics, which Byrne clearly isn't doing.

It's worth noting that Byrne already did the "ancient aliens" thing in his Superman run. It even had a (giant) mummy so even the whole Egyptian shit was there.

I've always felt more could be done with the Roman gods. Perhaps a War of the Gods remake?

That's literally a fucking Batmobile.

Invisible plane time, bitches

This one and the page after. Took me longer than I thought to find it

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_67.html

Ughhhh

Lol, Ubis looks like that character from the bkub comics

Well, that's certainly one unique look.

Is that the Deep Crow?

This had me nearly in tears from laughter the first time I read it. Fucking Diana friendzoning some guy.

Byrne is a genius.

UGHHHHH

Dat Elesh Norn meets the Shrieker aesthetic. Not gonna pretend I'm not a weirdo.

What an asshole. Diane apologizing here is such bullshit.

Next time: an actual Wonder Woman villain?! What is the world coming to

See y'all then

Next is probably the highlight of the entire run. Great issue.

Thanks, OP.

Thank you, anonymous coward on a disgusting board full of anonymous cowards who besmirch the good name of John Byrne, who is not a pedophile. Thank you for reminding me of one thing about a John Byrne. I hear a John Byrne has an eight pack. Impressive, huh? Comics, kids! Now get in the van! Ha ha, only kidding!