>not comic book-y smart, just an expert at robotic
>wants to change the world
>likes the ladies
>has mad cash
>is a conservative in a sea of liberals
>cool mustache
>turned his arms company into a gonglomerate
>cool mecha armor

So yeah. For me Tony was always both the guy I could relate too, and want to be (more or less). He didn't have any powers, he wasn't a ninja/physicist/doctor/explorer/autist combo. He was a dude with cash and a brain who used that to become something better.

So, what about you Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/superscience_technology.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUMP

Probably Superman. He just wants the best for as many people as possible, and I think that's just something we all need to look up to.

The Flash! He told jokes while all the other kids were beating each other up!

You forgot
>is a literal villain

Pretty obvious desu senpai

So he's a grey character with problems and complexities? He's an example that sometimes even the best intentions can have catastrophic results, and that just "doing the right thing" isn't always an option.

Yeah, I think I'll continue liking him user. A hero doesn't have to be perfect, he can fail and get back up.

>the world is ending, fuck saving lives, I need to punch Captain America in the face
is not a "complexity". It's psychosis.

>what is inversion
>what is Cap literally hunting down the Illuminati
>what is Tony flying into the sun and stopping the Shi'Ar armada from nuking the world

>stopping the Shi'Ar armada from nuking the world
You mean murdering the hell out of them.

>>not comic book-y smart, just an expert at robotic

I've been reading Iron Man since the 80s and he's one of my favorite characters. You really need to reevaluate things if you're inspired by Iron Man and he's your childhood hero.

>aliens want to blow up the earth
>Stark blows up the aliens
>why did you do it you big meenie?!11oneleven!

I guess if you find yourself at a war you're just gonna lay there and let them buttfuck you to death?

Compared to Reed & Doom he's a goddamn "you can be him as well" character.
Why not? Despite all of his shortcomings, he pulls himself up every single time and comes back stronger.

I only look up to comic book heroes if they have the same gender and skin color as me

Representation matters racist sexist OP

Superman faces invasions all the time, yet he doesn't resort to genocide every time.

Different stories, different circumstances, different character. Now you're just grasping at straws user.

>Built this in a cave with a box of scraps
>"you can be him too "

Wolverine was my favorite guy when I was a kid. I used to watch the early 90's X-Men cartoon a lot

He was the tough guy who was always talking trash, and saying "bub" and I liked that when he would be like "Come get some bub!". I remember one scene in particular, I think the Blob knocks him down and tells him to "eat pavement" and he quips "Needs salt" and gets back up to fight, it was great

Also liked that he had this outsider/lone wolf kind of side to him where he would just run off on his own when he got pissed off

Wolverine was pretty cool in the 90's

>Rest of the U
>Can stretch his mind and gain IQ
>Created a time-machine and a portal to Hell
>Created bigger on the inside tech

Yes user, Stark is more "realistic" compared to those OP guys.
Thanks for contributing user.

Here's an interesting site:
zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/superscience_technology.html
Reed isn't unrealistic.

Interesting site user. But still, we can rationalize all we want, but they're all unrealistic. Stark is just closer to reality.

Emma Frost
>beautiful
>confident
>good at influencing people/has power over people

cont., I also liked that she was unapologetic about who she was. Even when she wasn't a villain she didn't change and was okay with being kind of a bitch.

>>is a conservative in a sea of liberals
Outside of Civil War, he's really more right-leaning libertarian than anything.

And even then, Civil War was just him playing the role of authoritarian bastard in trying to mitigate the fallout from stamford and make the best out of a shitty situation.

I wonder, are you okay with her latest descend into villaindom?

>Kidnapped Ulysses
But that's good

Are we still talking about the same guy who went around beating up heroes because he thought they were infinging on his copyright?

That's a funny way of saying "adapting his stolen, dangerous tech."

Not gonna lie, the last time I followed X-Men she was still teaching Gen X, no idea what she's up to these days. It wasn't until like a year ago that I found out about her diamond form, ha.

Hawkeye inspired me when he stood against HErcules. He said something like "doing what is right before thinking, so you dont have time to think about it and not doing it"

This is gonna come off as edgy but, as a kid I always related with Venom most of all

>tries to be good but doesn't have a clear moral compass and ends up doing bad things
>obsesses over the idea of having an enemy to fight
>horrible luck either way

I've always related to Eddie, and his need to try and be good despite being a psycho has always inspired me, I also always admired his relationship with the symbiote, as someone who doesn't connect with other people very well as a kid I always saw the symbiote as an idea partner

I feel you, I looked up to Wolverine because I'm short and hairy