With Rebirth, DC Has Proved Its Reboots Foster Innovation

cbr.com/batman-catwoman-rebirth-reboot-dc-comics/

>There’s a sense that, in comics, no matter how earth-shattering the latest event, things will eventually return to the status quo. That’s certainly been the line folks have used in defending the HydraCap storyline running through Marvel’s Captain America and Secret Empire — we all know that Steve Rogers will eventually be returned to his heroic stature. There are holes in this argument for this particular scenario, but for the purposes of the current discussion, it will serve. Captain America will be a hero again. Good will win out over evil. But for situations where you’re not dealing with good guys versus bad guys, when stories get into the more human aspects of superhuman life, changing course can be extraordinary difficult.

>Rebirth
>innovation

What's your point other than trying to spark a company war?

The entire argument about innovation seems to hinge on Jon existing. But he can always be pretty easily retconned out, and he likely owes his existence more to the fact that DC has realised Robin(s) sell comics.

Rebirth is the epitome of what mediocrity while playing safe and pandering to the audience could achieve and DC really took wrong lessons away from new 52 and DCyou. I'm at the point where I want to read what these characters are up to but I give up after 2 issues. King's Batman really pissed me off during the first 2 arcs but holy shit I respect it because underneath all the bullshit, it's one of the book actually willing to challenge the readers. Only DC books that's currently worth reading are side imprints, stuff like Scooby Doo team up, Flintstones, Wildstorm, YA books and I find it incredibly sad. Mainline doesn't even have 5 books that I could be compelled to read on weekly basis.

>Flintstones
I'm getting so tired of people praising The Flintstones comic of all things, just because it made a little bit of social commentary. You brainless sheep will suck off anything if it makes you feel smart. Fuckin' retards.

>DC really took wrong lessons away from new 52 and DCyou
That they're a publishing company, and comic book fans are more willing to buy 30 unchanging Batman and family books rather than spend a single cent on something like Dial H?

>Innovation is 70-year-old characters having a son and proposing

This is why I dropped cape comics

It covered broad range of philosophical and social topics even though a lot of it was shallow, gave characters emotional depth and worked as a black comedy. It was pretentious at times but what made it work was the sense of self awareness about all of its absurdities. I don't know what else to tell you. It genuinely entertained me.
That you don't have to kill every ounce of creativity to sell comics in numbers, that should've been a good lesson but they went the exact opposite way.

>You brainless sheep will suck off anything if it makes you feel smart.
Actually I only scuk off things that get my dick hard.

Well, Dial H got a deluxe so obviously it did end up selling well for them. And Rebirth has been dropping in sales anyway.

>It genuinely entertained me.
Then you are everything wrong with comic book fandom, and you should kill yourself at once.

shut up you event devouring bitch.

Thanks, I'll try.

Fuck off Flintstones was great.

>drones SEETHING in this thread

All the shitposts in the world won't stop the mouse

When do we get the sales data from last month? Isn't it usually in the first weekend? I want to see if the Lazarus stuff had any impact on DeathStroke's sales. It was like neck and neck with America at the late 90's last month.

>The Flintstones
>great
The entire franchise is inherently shit. It's like Cutie Honey, it's an IP people think is worth a damn only because they've been told so. The Flintstones trying be serious and philosophical is, frankly, kind of offensive.

I share your view, not so much your vitriol.

You have to remember a large portion of any audience is casual, and therefore exposed and accustomed to its current averages. They will therefore be readily impressed by so much as a notch above that.

An expectation of high expectations doesn't add up.

How is Rebirth not awesome?
I'm sorry, I'm enjoying everything but Wonder Woman, then again, what else is new.

I'm upset with Batman and Catwoman getting engaged because I don't think that's a good ship.

Otherwise, I like Rebirth.

Fuck all of you. --With a rake!

>Flintstones trying be serious and philosophical is, frankly, kind of offensive.
That's what makes it great.

>>>/reddit/ is that way fag.

>It's like Cutie Honey, it's an IP people think is worth a damn only because they've been told so.
Jesus Christ, are you me?
There's usually no one else in agreement when I'm firing off about the influence of social osmosis.

>How is Rebirth not awesome?
It's just pandering to the fanbase that want status quo, how is it "awesome"?
>Fuck all of you. --With a rake!
Absolute cringe

I don't know or care what Cutie Honey is but the notion that people are "told to" like The Flintstones is absolutely ridiculous and makes me wonder if you fell into a coma after 1967

Merging Supermen was awesome!
I totally didn't see that coming, really! I thought SuperDad was going to be the new Superman of Earth Prime.
But then hey merged! To save Jon!
That's so fucking cool!

Batman returning to being a detective instead of a fucking thug with pointy ears! Fucking awesome!

Wally's back! Fucking awesome! Slade had speed force power! Fucking awesome!

Batman Beyond rebirth! Solid as a rock! Great art! Awesome return of Bruce Wayne and the Joker!

What the fuck is your problem, user?

Do you miss your pussy ass Nu52? I don't. Nu52 fucking sucked! Back to front! Awful! Most Haram!

We're never getting Pre-Nu52 back. Ever. Sorry.

Rebirth is fucking awesome.

Eat shit, sempai~

Been on Sup Forums longer than you, Son.
I was here before party hats.
I was woke when David was a thing.
Fuck you.

Eh I like Deathstroke, Aquaman, Green Lanterns.

Oh and also I unironically enjoy Nightwing Rebirth even if its highs never reach Grayson's highs.

I can not stomach Aquaman because the art is so fucking bad. Seriously if Abnett had better artist, I would totally read it past issue five. I might give Sejic's arc a try if it's more stand alonish.