Really makes you think

Really makes you think...

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-09-08/.92622
amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-Golden-Collection-6-Pack/dp/B005NFJAQC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497327061&sr=8-3&keywords=looney tunes
theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/09/21/mark-rothko-abstract-expressionism-and-the-decline-of-western-art/
theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/09/23/mark-rothko-abstract-expressionism-and-the-decline-of-western-art-part-2/
theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/09/25/mark-rothko-abstract-expressionism-and-the-decline-of-western-art-part-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Manchildren here will complain m8. They will defend their shitty media aimed at little kids.

Anime is gay tho.

>movie with a budget
>shitty 2d animated adult cartoon that was designed to look like cheap shit funded by the offshoot of a 3rd-tier network

Flash animation was a mistake

>part time job basically babysitting kids after school, helping them with homework, and showing them movies or shows for a couple of hours before their parents come to pick them up
>none of them like cartoons, literally none of them, at least not modern ones
>ask them if they wanna watch anime

>one half of the week is boy shows like DBZ, my hero academia, and Naruto
>second half of the week is girl shows like little witch academia, Sakura card captor, and oddly enough mob psycho 100

Man, I love cartoons, and I've been thinking about showing them stuff like samurai jack and megas xlr, but holy shit cartoons for kids are gonna die. One of them legitimately thought steven universe was a preschool show.

That's a fan video for Rick & Morty, not from actual show production.

>showing kids mob psycho 100
Based.

Really forces me to consider, OP.

Now somebody do this with Spirited Away and Aqua Teen Hunger Force so we can accurately represent its state in 2001.

>my hero academia
>little witch academia

Huh, never noticed the same naming convention. Those would be pretty good back to back, come to think of it.

I used to go to one of those as a kid.

They should make a cartoon about chess, kids fucking love chess.

>comparing movie budget to tv budget
Any other post under mine is OP samefagging for (Yous)

Let's be real though, it's the only comparison that can be made.

If we compared western cartoon movies to anime movies, there'd be nothing to compare because 2d in theatres doesn't exist anymore.

flash animation is a useful medium that can make amazing work
tweening, puppet animation, etc., etc. was a mistake

how about getting old DVDs (or VHSs if you got the player) & showing them THOSE cartoons

Or ping pong.

It truly does OP, it truly does

>he didn't have a cool computer science teacher who'd let you play flash games and LAN matches of starcraft brood war and quake 3

Oh come on, post the original.

>be in this same positio, but close to moving away and quitting
>fuck it
>show them a bunch of gory horror movies, evil dead 2, braindead, return of the living dead
>the kids were actually really into it, one of the girls was drawing the rat zombie monkey thing from braindead and the boys kept saying BRAAAAAIND like tarman, or GROOVY like ash williams

Ah, memories

I remember you telling this story

We had this thread last week

It's s fond one. It'd also kinda memorable just cause how much cartoons seem to baby kids these days, and yet some of them can handle hardcore macho horror shit from the 80s. I think it actually alienates them more than anything.

The moment they start making edgy teen oriented cartoons is when cartoons will start being successful again, otherwise they're gonna lose to anime and vidya

FUCK ANIME I hate it with all my soul, and fuck weeaboos waifufags who calles Iris ugly and stupid!

Fake anime is bad, real anime is good, please understand.

Also fixed.

animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-09-08/.92622

On the low side of things, cable shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Invader Zim are estimated to have cost a little over $1 Million per episode, and the really low budget stuff can go down to about $350,000 to $500,000 per episode. It's not cheap.

Anime, however, goes much, much lower. A typical show can cost as little as US$125,000 per episode. On occasion a very well-off production can go north of US$300,000 per episode, but that's pretty rare. Budgets for an anime are never made public, but that's the general level things are at.

Iris is ugly and stupid

Fuck you waifufag weeb trash!

Somehow even worse than the parody.

What a meme.

Movie or show is irrelevant. We should consider cost per minute.

Rick and Morty costs $1~1.5 million per 22-minutes episode. The Boy and the Beast is 120 minutes. There doesn't seem to be any budget info on it, but most anime movies not made by Ghibli have a budget below $5 million.

On a per-minute basis, it's quite possible The Boy and the Beast is cheaper. But we should also be mindful of how budgets are distributed. US voice actors, writers, and producers get a disproportionately large piece of the pie.

That said, if I were someone with money and I wanted animation done, and style, tax rebates, and language barriers were non-existent, I'd still go with the Japanese animators.

Avatar's episodes are only a million because of plane trips to China and Mako's/Mark Hamill's pay check, only $200,000 is spent on the show itself.

American shows now of days are never more then $100,000 per episode (excluding Family Guy's royalty payments and The Simpson's VA's pay check just to deal with shitty scripts), unless they're locally made in CG (most of Nick TMNT), heck most studios are scared to spend more then $10,000 a episode.

Well most of R&M is kept in the States, also to get people like Rob Paulsen to do voices for it.

>US voice actors get a disproportionately large piece of the pie.
That's definitely the same in Japan.

Lol, buy your estimate it lost 1.5 million.

Where did you get that info about R&M. I personally cant find anything about their budget.

Sorry, I misspoke. I was only using an upper-range for CN shows, same with the anime. Those numbers are just the kind of budget I would expect to see, disregarding outliers like The Simpsons or Ghibli.

I should also add, whatever Rick and Morty's budget is, the amount of assets and shots they have in each show is very impressive, even if one does not care for the style or animation.

EMBARRASSING.

This thread again?

That's even worse than Symphogear's since all you need to do is animate the bones...

Obligatory

>One of them legitimately thought steven universe was a preschool show.
You've seen it, were they wrong

Buckle your seat belt kids because once I get off the toilet I'll be posting some rwby talk - scenes vs fight - scenes to really highlight where the budgets is placed.

godspeed poopanon, but be sure to detail how much the Maya grunts get paid, the postproduction grunts, and then the talking cunts.

Someone should make a reverse version where you compare the 3D animation of the Captain Underpants movie to Berserk

England was a mistake.

>Movie vs TV show
Faggotry of the highest level

That's not flash. It's Toonboom.

But in some regards YES! Too much of this industry is HOOKED on flash. I work in an animation studio and the client studio we're working with wants everything done in flash! Everything! They're editing and compositing in flash!

Why would anyone DO that?!

And the prevalence of puppeted animation is really putting a damper on my desire to jump to animation.

No you

>Citation: my loose smelly asshole

have you ever heard of the concept of keeping it simple?, stupid.

Reminds me of the movie Click when Adam Sandler's kids tell them they're going to watch CSI...young primary school-going me was pretty amused by that because of how I really love that show too - would watch whenever it was on AXN for the longest time, gradually stopped following not long after Ted Danson(? Memory is fuzzy on that) was around because university. I was a little biased liking CSI:NY more because of its setting, though.

No this is a fact. Plane trips are expensive and getting people like Mako and Mark Hamill to do voices is also expensive.

Someone give these kids this.

amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-Golden-Collection-6-Pack/dp/B005NFJAQC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497327061&sr=8-3&keywords=looney tunes

Art is dead.
Almost nobody has the budget to pull off the really great stuff we used to be able to do back when Disney was king and Japan's economy was looking better, and when they do, it seems to go largely ignored.

Great art in anime/cartoons still exists, but it's just getting to be quite rare.

Is western animation beyond saving? granted most anime sucks but at least it's an industry that can push out something good at times. Cartoons are hanging by a thread because they're too expensive to produce and it's easier and cheaper to just film it live action.

>another shitty east vs west thread
What you can't put into picture is the shitty voice acting, unfunny humor, nonsensical and at times pretentious plotlines, and excruciatingly boring filler that plague most anime. The closest thing in the west to it is Steven Universe, which has all those faults as well, which is why its popular only amongst fat NEET woman and lesbians.

Yes.

What's that black line below him? Is it supposed to represent the bottom of the screen or something?

Is 3D really that much easier than traditional animation or I was just memed into thinking that?

You do realize that the bottom one was just a guy fucking around during a stream right? It was like 10 minutes of work and I don't even think he was an actual member of the animation team. That's like comparing Kingdom Come to some quick sketch a mangaka drew for a fan.

M8, this is a trend that is happening everywhere. I went to art school, and we barely did any drawing, sculpting or anything. We were given a big studio, a textbook full of shit by Guy Debord, and basically told to do what we want, as long as we can talk about it.

But then, knowing how to draw ain't shit either. People went to the more technical art college here and they end up making about as much as a contemporary art student anyways. Nobody hires an artist to do shit man, the camera just does it cheaper. When was the last time you saw a movie poster drawn by someone, for example?

That's quite a shame. Seems that drawing is going to become a permanent hobby sort of thing instead of a possible career choice.

>Movie animation vs Fan Animation done by a Sup Forumsmrade on stream.
I know you guys like to nitpick, but at least have some dignity.

why?

why did this happen?

You can make a living drawing, but you have to not only be so much better than everyone, you also have killed business instincts, and you have to sell out a little.

Unironically, jews.

theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/09/21/mark-rothko-abstract-expressionism-and-the-decline-of-western-art/
theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/09/23/mark-rothko-abstract-expressionism-and-the-decline-of-western-art-part-2/
theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/09/25/mark-rothko-abstract-expressionism-and-the-decline-of-western-art-part-3/

Reference line

so we have ART graduates who cant draw now?

>my her o academia
>little witch academia
>Mob fucking psycho

you're doing gods work user