Adaptations that are superior to the source material

I'll start.

Looks like you posted the wrong pic there, friend.

Bait

Close to source material but not as good cause cartoons are made for kids.

It improved on the source material greatly, though. Here's a repost of the stuff it introduced:
>Hun
>Battle Nexus
>Karai being Shredder's relative/underling
>The EPF
>Angel (there is character in the Image series named Angel but they're hardly the same character)
>Nano
>The Lizard Dimension
>Ylyntia
>Turtle Titan
>The Ancient One
>Ninja Tribunal
>Demon Shredder
>Utrom Shredder
>The Utopian Future
>And (ugh) the Garbageman...

Do you know how much shit the 2003 series got away with?

Ah yes, posting an image of a well known terrible adaptation that is even worse on it's own merits. Good sarcasm there, chap!

>Utrom Shredder
I want to say you're wrong but compared to comics Shredder he is better.
Even if that isn't saying much.

Utrom Shredder was the best twist of the series. That Secret Origins 3-parter, man...

It just felt like it took the personal vendetta between the Turtles and Shredder away which I'm not a fan of.
Even as a kid watching the series I wasn't the biggest fan of Utrom Shredder. Looking back he's a pretty cool villain otherwise, though.

>it took the personal vendetta between the Turtles and Shredder away
I never understood this complaint. Splinter saw Yoshi murdered by this Shredder before his very eyes! How is that not greater cause for a personal vendetta than a feud over a girl!?

>It just felt like it took the personal vendetta between the Turtles and Shredder away which I'm not a fan of.
To be honest I actually like that. It just makes it all the more satisfying when the villain gets his just desserts not from his mortal enemies or his really big actions, but for a relatively small even that made a big impact on someone he didn't even consider.

Never understood why people constantly suck this shows dick.

>Shitty character designs
>Shitty animation
>Shitty fight scenes

I'll give the show props for the stuff it turned into pretty consistent lore across most later incarnations, plus it had some good ideas But the show itself was at best boring to watch.

Writing is much more important than animation.

While I personally agree with you, that's not necessarily the case with everyone.

Second, the writing wasn't that great either. It was uninteresting schlock with invincible heroes facing monologuing villain tropes and easily conquerable half-challenges. It barely improved on the first show, red sky and all.

Think of all the other action shows that were running at or around the same time: Megas xlr, samurai jack, teen titans, justice league, fucking a:tlab. TMNT 2003 hardly measures up, and would have fit in much better with mid 90s fare

The writing is much better than Megas (too comedic), SJ (too episodic), JL (too serious), and ATLA (too uneven). It's about on par with TT tho.

well this just proves that writing is subjective, I guess. Because TT belongs close to the bottom of that list. Not to mention they all had better (in some cases much, much better) animation/design/choreography than tmnt.

But the point of listing those shows was to illustrate that they all succeeded at something that tmnt failed miserably at: being actually interesting.

TMNT '03 had me glued to my seat far more than any of those other shows. If that doesn't count as "interesting", I don't really know what does.

G.I Joe

I don't know about you, but I actually found TMNT way more interesting that Teen Titans or Justice league, and I didn't even think about Megas.

>he doesn't realize this is a cartoon TMNT thread

But my original question still stands: I don't get why so many people found it interesting when no single thing about it makes for a good show. What was interesting about it?

It was just a weird amalgam of shitty and overdone tropes. Were those tropes just arranged in a way to make some kind of garbage mosaic that I couldn't see? Is it the cartoon version of a trash sculpture? I didn't understand why my friends liked it then, and I don't understand why Sup Forums likes it now.

hey buddy thank you for your contribution but this thread was derailed a while ago

Oh...Can we have a G.I Joe thread instead?

Season 4 was best with its body horror
>zombie stockman
>mutant vermin plague with a human-cockroach hybrid
>perma-regenerating mutant who gets cut in half at one point
>were-turtle Donny
Also:
>Leo becoming edgier than Raph
>Karai becoming a more dangerous Shredder
>psycho Ratking

Blegh.

It was people's first.

Judging for you're previous posts user, I believe that you suffer from a condition known as "Shit taste".

Because the first cartoon is undisputed shit (well, deluded 80's kids will try to dispute but it's comical), Next Mutation is really undisputed shit and the third cartoon is... Look I rewatched season one this year, it's not even five years old yet and it's already aging poorly.

>But my original question still stands: I don't get why so many people found it interesting when no single thing about it makes for a good show. What was interesting about it?
>It was just a weird amalgam of shitty and overdone tropes. Were those tropes just arranged in a way to make some kind of garbage mosaic that I couldn't see? Is it the cartoon version of a trash sculpture? I didn't understand why my friends liked it then, and I don't understand why Sup Forums likes it now.

Aside from the 1990 movie, it's the only one that counts as an actual adapation, the rest are more like glorified toy commercials that happen to feature the characters. Sad but true.

>Karai becoming a more dangerous Shredder
Is this some kind of joke?

>Were those tropes just arranged in a way to make some kind of garbage mosaic that I couldn't see?
Yes, in a manner of speaking - since the plot structure was by far the strongest aspect of the show, and what kept fans coming back for more more than anything else.

She was dangerous because Leo wanted to jam his turtle dick into her.

The best adaptation is the 1990 movie or the IDW comic.

Pretty sure the finale (season 5, nobody cares about the later seasons) had her getting together with Dr. Chaplin. What are you talking about?

He thinks this is the 2012 version where the Turtles are a bunch of xenophilic horny pubescent teens.

>xenophilic
Wait, what?

>Adaptations that are superior to the source material

>he doesn't realize this is a cartoon TMNT thread

Only children would enjoy this drivel.

Go back into your basement jerking off to pictures of yellow jumpsuit April and eating stale TMNT cereal 80sfag.

To be fair, 2003 April is ridiculously fugly. I don't get why they couldn't just base her look off the 1987 version if they couldn't do a better one.

At least 2003 had actual character besides being a useless and easily kidnappable tag-along just to give kids their first erections.

That's no excuse for poor character design tho.

What is it that you don't like about her?

>At least 2003 had actual character
Like?

She's basically Kim Possible with a ridiculously plain face. Not waifuable in the least.

>Forgetting that the show also created based Bishop
How?

Objectively best April.