101 Dalmatian Street Thread

We will be getting a new 101 Dalmatians series by the end of 2018. It should be on Disney Channel around the world.

> “101 Dalmatian Street” is inspired by Dodie Smith’s 1956 novel and Walt Disney’s 1961 “One Hundred and One Dalmatians.” But it is has been updated and moved to contemporary London. It depicts the adventures of eldest dalmatian siblings Dylan and Dolly, parents Doug and Delilah, and 97 younger puppies, all with names beginning with “D,” who live all by themselves at the titular address.

What does Sup Forums think? What was good or bad about the original series?

Other urls found in this thread:

101dalmatians.wikia.com/wiki/Two-Tone
yle.fi/uutiset/3-9665087
youtube.com/watch?v=bmUq3AmsCqc
youtube.com/watch?v=pEr12aBbQ60
youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_rT3x0hE4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sweet jesus that looks like trash. Brace for another wave of Dalmatian puppies being abandoned because shitfuck parents and kids don't know how to properly train them.

Remember how the 101 Dalmatians cartoon from the nineties was a prime example of quality animation for a half hour program?
This is... not that.

>Remember how the 101 Dalmatians cartoon from the nineties was a prime example of quality animation for a half hour program?

Nope

It was avarage, Cadpig was waifu though

>all with names beginning with “D,”

No need to argue, It will be shitty as it sounds (and looks)

Kek TV animation just gets cheaper and cheaper

>Pongo with D

DONGO
O
N
G
O

I would let Pongo stick his Dongo

We can blame all of the fags who liked Gravity Falls and SvsFoE

Looks like they're trying to cash in on the Loud House's success.

Won't be surprised if Cruella turns out to be younger than the original version or making her a really incompetent villian that represents no menace

>Cadpig was waifu though
She's a fucking puppy you sick fuck

Everything's a waifu to you people.

In a world in which people have sexual desires for ponies, foxes and dragons.
This is nothing

It looks like user is weeping because his dog just died and he's remembering the good times.

I detect no lewds.

Wait, isn't this the cartoon that had canon-incest between Lucky and his biological littermate Two-Tone?

But that's Horace and Jasper's job

Wat

Yes

There's an episode where Lucky falls in love with Two-Tone and spends the whole thing trying to impress her. At the end, she falls for him and kisses him and they go to a dance together.

Writers forgot that Lucky and Two-Tone were biological brother and sister. The relationship was immediately ignored and a new female character was introduced as Lucky's love interest (and was deliberately written as not even being one of the adopted 101 dalmations but an outside character altogether).

Expendable characters

She was, actually. In the show itself. Established as being biological.

>No, because two-tone was never implied to be one of Pongo and Perdita's puppies,

101dalmatians.wikia.com/wiki/Two-Tone

>Two-Tone is one of the original fifteen puppies of Pongo and Perdita.

So, Lucky likes chubby pups?

>So, Lucky likes chubby pups?

And his sisters, apparently.

Looks like shit

101 dalmatians is my favorite thing, why did they do this?

Did they fucked with your autism user?

>muh autism.
boy, I haven't hear that word being thrown around in like two whole minutes, you must be proud

It's an academy record

Is this why Disney remastered and released the 1997 series?

It's almost 20 years old. Damn.

>Dylan and Dolly
Fucking unforgivable

>remastered and released the 1997 series
Whoa what? Where can I find this? Is it bluray?

Top tier taste

>Whoa what? Where can I find this? Is it bluray?

Only available on Amazon streaming. No physical media release.

They've been remastering all their animated TV series with available film negatives. There are a few episodes from each series they've lost the negatives for and had to us SD video masters, but they're pretty complete.

They went so far as to re-animated a segment of the Goof Troop title sequence because they lost the source negative. It was a... valiant effort, but the digital Toon Boom quality looks way out of place alongside the traditional cel animation.

>Two-Tone
Well, they're dogs, so it's cool

>WHATS THA MATTER?

I was just about to come to post about this. Disney ordered this series from Gigglebug Entertainment, which made the "Kikattava kakkiainen" ("Gigglebug" in English) animated series for YLE (Finnish Broadcasting Company). I subbed some of the early episodes a long long while ago, someone might remember it.

There was also another very interesting tidbit in the news article which told about this Disney deal. Gigglebug Entertainment is planning to open up an animation studio approximately the size of Disney's London studio. So it looks like Finland is about to start producing a lot more animated stuff. There hasn't been much done here, so I'm very psyched to see this happen.

Here's a Finnish language article about it if someone is interested: yle.fi/uutiset/3-9665087

Thanks! This is interesting stuff. Didn't expect Finnish animation to be taking off.

Sup Forums masturbated to that rabbit for a week and drew art of "her". Thing is, I'm pretty sure it's a boy. At least a finnish website referred to the character as "him", and it doesn't have eyelashes like other female characters in that show.

So is it male or female?

too bad this looks like shit but gigglebug was pretty neat

lol who cares?

I had a recollection that the bunny was a girl but now that I took another look at it, the bunny's name is just City Bunny. Finnish language doesn't really make much distinction if a certain word is feminine, masculine or neutral - we don't have those different classes of words. So you can't really figure it out through language either, at least in the Finnish language version (the show has dubs AFAIK so maybe through those you might be able to find out) so the jury's still out on that one. And I don't think it's an important deal for the creators, it's just a fun show for kids.

Pic related.
Also, I'm most hyped about the fact that they are opening an animation studio here.

No problem. Didn't see this coming either, there hasn't really been much worthwhile Finnish animation. Hopefully things go smoothly and they get to produce good stuff. It would be really neat to see something animated that has to do with Finland's history.

I'll probably be dead before Zootopia gets a shitty series.

Is there a teaser or something?

I wish you were dead right now.

>Calarts

Holy fuck, do calarts graduates not know how to draw teeth anymore?

Or anything sharp?

It's being made by Finland.

Finland? Is there any thing Calarts won't ruin?

>Dongo

He's talking about the animation itself

I'm glad animation is back on Disney Channel.
First Tangeled, then Hotel Transylvania, and now this.

what the hell kinda designs are those?

>tfw the only reason anybody even watched/remembered this show is because of her

Is that a bad thing?

It's weird. In Dodie Smith's books, Cadpig was a central character. Hell, she was the main character of the sequel. Yet Walt Disney didn't put her in the movie. Lucky was the one who almost died instead.

I made the same webm using the higher quality episodes from Amazon. Unfortunately, keeping them 1080 made a lot of compression problems, so I re-sized it to match that webm.

Even with the reduced resolution, it looks a hell of a lot better. Subtitles don't sync well, though.

>we can't just leave and let him starve
>we can do anything if we try
holy shit cadpig!

That's what made her a fun character. For all of her talk about peace and harmony, she was a manipulative bitch who bullied others. I had previously uploaded a number of clips, but I might re-upload them, or some additional ones, with the higher quality stuff.

Here's the old clip with the new clip. I like to compare quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmUq3AmsCqc

youtube.com/watch?v=pEr12aBbQ60

Ones that are easy to animate in flash.

The sequel was kind of good to be honest

>disney
>ever releasing tv shows on blu ray, let alone dvd
why do so many people ask this when it comes to hd versions of old cartoons? disney is super fucking stingy when it comes to this stuff. blu ray release never ever

In that article, it says Disney offered their studio three franchises, and they got to pick one. They chose 101 Dalmatians.

Wonder what the other two were.

I'm interested in seeing that Goof Troop remastered intro

I believe it's just the bit at the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_rT3x0hE4

Really hoping we get HD Gargoyles.

Yeah, it's kinda obvious

>they've lost the negatives
stop with this meme, there's no evidence of that. and it's fucking disney. they preserve this shit like.. like i dunno what but they're super protective of everything they make

too bad. ducktales, gargoyles, talespin, and jungle cubs were released digitally in standard definition.