So how does it make sense for Wolverine not to have super strength?

So how does it make sense for Wolverine not to have super strength?

If you had unbreakable steak knives surgically sewn to your firsts would you be able to slash them through steel doors and pipes? Of course not, no matter how hard or sharp his claws are he would still need to have the strength to pierce metal.

user dont piss off x-fags

He's abnormally strong for a human but he's not super strong like the thing or spider-man are.

The combination of metal skeleton and healing factor makes him heavier but also means when he works out his body recovers instantly.

Wait, is that why he is short?

No he's just short.

No, he was an adult long before he got the metal skeleton. He just has unfortunate genes.

Adamantium is just that fucking strong. It's like taken diamond to tin foil. You don't need to exert much effort and you'll break through anyway

He does have super strength, just not to the degree others have it, especially those who have it as their main power.
There's no way anyone with non-super strength could move with adamantuim bones.

There are more than a few occasions now where just implanting someone with Admantium around their natural claws is enough to make them sharp or whatever.But I remember when I was a kid ( I think on the back of a trading card, so however canon that is) it was stated that Wolverines claws were sharpened to some insane degree. And I assume the general principle is that Wolberines claws work like a razor or scalpel cutting as they are dragged along a surface and less like a cleaver or axe that depend a great deal on the direct force behind it cut things.

I think he had to be toned down for 70's X-Men who were the low powered team until they started getting more popular in the 90's

ALL superheroes have at least a little super strength. They kind of have to.

He's short becuase he was born in the mid 19th century

Didn't they try to say all mutants were in the Captain America range physically at one point?

He has whatever amount of strength required to move the metal all the time. Not as a super power, just a natural cause of having all that metal in his body. That's always been the canon as I've understood it and I'm sticking to that.

Same with endurance/durability.
If you're fighting baddies other heroes,
more like then you need to be able to take that super powered punch and run miles.

Has there ever been a speedster without super reflexes? Like he could run fast but he could only do it out in the wide open country or he'd run into walls or cars constantly?

Or how about a character with wings but they're useless because human bodies are not aerodynamic or flight capable?

>Or how about a character with wings but they're useless because human bodies are not aerodynamic or flight capable?
Don't know about the speedster but X-Men did have a bird guy who could not fly. He was just some abortion chicken man who looked terrifying.

>no matter how hard or sharp his claws are he would still need to have the strength to pierce metal
Yeah, but no. Because his claws function like a Lightsaber in practical terms: they can literally cut through ANYTHING ( as long as the plot calls for it ).

I'm not saying that that doesn't get a bit silly. I can remember a bit in one of the cartoons ( evolution? ) where he snikt'd out a single claw and cut a circle in a vault door that was like a foot thick as if it were a hot knife in butter and then Cyc punched it across the room with his punch beams ... and even as a little kid I wondered how the crap he could push the claw through that much metal. But, then, if they'd had Colossus use him like a can-opener no one would have thought he was the baddest badass in badassistan.

He's also shown to cut through Spider-Man's webs ( when the plot calls for it ) which doesn't make much sense either when you think about it: he should just get the gunk stuck all over himself not cleanly slice through it.

They also used to just have Spider-Man "fly" via webline. Like: he's in fucking Brooklyn and climbs out of Aunt May's house's top floor window ... and shoots a webline up into the sky and swings away. WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK IS HE SWINGING ON??

His name is Beak.

Ultimate Wolverine felt like a suped up version of 616 Wolverine.
>Taller 5' 9'' compared to 5' 3''
>Healing Factor is more insane
>Fucked Jean.

>He was just some abortion chicken man who looked terrifying
And then he hooked up with a literal Fly-Girl and they had maggot babies. Seriously.

How do baby spiders travel?

616 Wolverine's healing factor was boosted significantly in the 80's and 90's. Then they turned it up to eleven when Ultimate Wolverine became a thing.

Also love it how they made Ultimate Wolverine taller. Must suck being tiny 616 Wolverine.