Laura Kinney - X-23 - Wolverine

How Strong is Laura's sex drive?

Why is she more popular than other teenage characters created around the same time?; Cass Cain, Pixie, Tempus, Winddancer, The Cuckoos.

Why does Wingbat commission so much rule 34 of her?

Is she doing a good job as Wolverine?

What are some of her best comics?

How would those fit in her arm? Her arm is too skinny to accommodate the curve of those claws, they'd be poking through her skin.

Average to below average.

literal Wolverine clone (cynical answer) her story is a bit interesting she was actually created a somewhat earlier so even if it was just a little push you get that for her from X-Men Evolution fans. I think she's really helped out by more of a supporting cast or an unusual dynamic with a supporting cast that no one else you mentioned had.

Money to waste and obsession.

Ups and downs, I think crossovers really hurt her book (specifically they are trying to use her popularity as a boost to other characters and it ends up dragging her down) And she has this pg rated relationship with SHIELD that Logan had with Nick and it's funny sometimes or good adventure but weaker by comparison.

Couldn't say exactly. I like most of her origin and when she was on X-Force.

The stronger Laura is, the stronger she will fall to the cock just like everyone else.

Macbeth isn't anywhere near that long, Is it a picture book version?

Anyway, that comic where she's angsting with Gambit and Wolvie in Paris is so much better than it has any right to be it's unbelievable.

Do you know what really irks me about the new series that Taylor is doing? Its how fucking safe he is playing it. There is no sort of blood, crisis of identity, examination of Laura as a character of anything similar to that. Nor do they bring up any part of her life that makes her look bad, at all.

I do wish there was, honestly. Because it feels... I hate to use this word, but fuck it I'm anonymous here, sexist. I mean, what does he think? Oh, she is a girl and she can't handle any sort of conflict which she can stop immediately or have any sort of flaws that aren't minor quirks? Because currently her book feels neither like an X-23 or a Wolverine book. It just feels something which has the title.

Man, this. Taylor wants to include all the cool shit Wolverine had, but without any of the baggage that made the character what he is.

It's really sad, because it's not just Laura, it's the same character scrubbing that ruined Carol Danvers while making her more marketable. Marvel apparently wants all their star superheroines to be flawless generic action girls while dropping any of the character work that made them worthwhile in the first place.

Exactly. Female characters are allowed to be flawed. They are allowed to have moments of weakness, to be bad people and so on. In fact, this whole generic action girl stuff has actually turned off a lot of the female audience because they can't enjoy these new heroes due to the fact that they are more like events, rather than characters.

I mean, let's use your example. I think Carol Danvers as a character can really work. She works really well as a person who has made a lot of shitty decisions and trying to make the best of her life. The whole thing of trying to be the best superhero really works as it is Carol trying to get her life together, to be a good person.

It also works in her current series too whenever she feels weak and insecure. Hell, if her current book was her trying to repair her relationships with her former friends and family, that would be fucking perfect and I'd buy it.

>those nips
This is an edit, isn't it?

Nothing gets past you, eh Sherlock?

Yes and no. It's an edit, but the original lineart actually did have a nip slip that was edited out in print.

That's way better than her current costume

I like Cho's art fine, but this pic is weird because I always picture X-23 as a teenager and here she looks like an adult.

...source?

I hate to say it, because it makes me sound like an edgelord (I am), but Laura was far more interesting back when she was a shell of an abused girl trying to learn how to be normal. I get the idea it's mostly an act to try and be more like she thinks Wolverine would want, but she has become 'generic female anti-hero'.

Ugh... will Bruce Tim ever stop sexualizing teenage characters???

she is an adult. she was 19 when she joined the X-Men properly and she's now in her mid to late 20's

Why has no one posted her best costume?

I wish it wasn't so short lived

I put her at 16 - 17 during New X-Men and X-Force, and then 18 during Avengers Arena then joining the time displaced Original 5 whom she would be slightly older than. Kitty and Magik would be in their mid to late 20s and Emma and Psylocke in their early 30s

She was sixteen in New X-Men.

>How Strong is Laura's sex drive?

Weak at base but incessant once revved up.

>Why is she more popular than other teenage characters created around the same time?

Ties to a a very popular character, more compelling origin, more distinct character than most of those examples (I mean, really, what is Tempus' character?), persistent creators who wrote her well in her early years.

>Why does Wingbat commission so much rule 34 of her?

He's a weirdo with too much money.

>Is she doing a good job as Wolverine?

I dunno, I guess? I feel like the Wolverine book is acceptable-ish but lacks bite, and X-23 has become a completely different, diluted character.

>What are some of her best comics?

I remember liking her most in X-Force.

>Why is she more popular than other teenage characters created around the same time?; Cass Cain, Pixie, Tempus, Winddancer, The Cuckoos.

Cass was deliberately ruined by fucking DiDio, and the rest just weren't as interesting.

she's a whore not worthy of Wolverines legacy

Edgy.

Biologically the claws make zero sense regardless. For both her and Wolverine. Where is there even room for a mechanism that extends and retracts them? What holds them in place when they're extended?

>Where is there even room for a mechanism that extends and retracts them? What holds them in place when they're extended?

The claws must be operated by a set of muscles.

Arm muscles, obviously. Rearranged at first, but later revealed to be a natural mutation.

What really bothers me is the idea that her and Logan cut their knuckles open whenever they use their claws, instead of having natural openings like a cat or something.

Even back before Logan's claws were revealed as part of his mutation, he was occasionally depicted with the metal ports from his gloves actually embedded in his hands. Kind of weird that they'd drop that, especially after the bone claws reveal.

The problem is, the arm doesn't physically have room for that extra mechanism. Especially since the claws have to go through the wrist on the way to the hand.

The whole concept of Wolverine's claws is something you have to just accept as existing because it's cool, without regard to whether it makes any sense.