Does anybody hear know what this fat piece of shit is talking about?

Does anybody hear know what this fat piece of shit is talking about?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0001842/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Geez what a fucking asshole, the man just died.

He's a dumbfuck with a victim complex and a natural tendency towards contrarianism.

It's certainly the case that "real" Batman fans might resent the goofy, campy tone of the 60s show, but as far as I know West was always beloved, primarily because he was such a good sport about it all.

Nobody shat on Adam West. Sure, they might have said how the Batman 60's show was dumb, but nobody was shitting on Adam West.

God, it's like Dobson can't separate the real person from the art.

This is not new, the guy has one of the worst"Everyone is terrible, everyone hates everything" persecution complexes I have seen.

Fuck this piece of shit.

>>The guy who loves the Super Mario Brothers Super Show and EXCUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS Zelda cartoons is acting high and mighty cause the 60's Batman passed away.

Like, what happened to West is a shame, but I notice a trend with Dobson.

Of course he can't. We've known that for years.

>LOL LE EPIC TWITTER DRAMA
Go back there, subhuman.

This is "calm they tits" all over again. I guess he didn't learn his lesson.

It's the same as Moviebob.
They are creating a fictional scenario where Adam West was underground and hated more than Adolf Hitler by the evil Geeks and straight males.

Most people just acknowledged the series was goofy and cheesy as hell.

Some people also wanted a "darker" take of Batman at the time. Which led to the Burton movies which led to Batman The Animated Series. Also Batman comics were darker around the time. Dobson and Bob take this as Batfags ruining the character with the edgyness (instead of saying you can have multiple versions of said character and being as close-minded as the strawmans they create).

Basically, Dobson and Bob just using Adam West's death to act Smug and to egotisically talk down people. Because these people can't live unless it's belittling people and acting smug.

Calm thine tits

Anyone that likes that garbage is either 90 or a hipster
Don't pretend you like it you fucking faggots

Remember when he told Zelda Williams to calm her tits after her dad died and then tried to act like it was just a joke? Dude is human garbage

The best I can possibly figure is that he can't separate Adam West from the 60's Batman. And in the 90's, lots of people said they didn't like the 60's Batman. The market in general was very anti-camp. But nobody ever hated West. Even if you hated 60's Batman, West was always looked at as a great guy. None of that matters, though. We've all clearly reversed position, and the 60's show and the camp it represents has been embraced for the past decade.

Nah nigga.
Don't go putting words in Batfags mouths. Even Batcasuals loved Adam.

The ONLY way Dobson can get attention is by shitposting in the wake of people dying.

When he sees someone famous die, he immediately thinks, "how can I use this".

Well, a lot of comics fans hated the show because starting in '70 Batman was fully returned to his dark and gritty roots but in the popular consciousness he was still the campy comedy character.

When it was announced that Tim Burton was directing a Batman movie with Michael Keaton and an all black suit a lot of non-comics fans looked at it the same way we view gritty reboots of old cartoons today. There was even famously a petition to recast Batman as Adam West because people said West was the only person who should ever play Batman.

It's probably the best example of how a movie can totally change peoples' perceptions of a character literally overnight.

I'll also add that after the '89 movie made the public think of Batman as dark again, comic fans started to ease up on the 60's show and eventually appreciate it.

Casuals did kind of turn on it for a long time because MUH DARK AND EDGY and also there was an entire generation that somehow didn't understand that the show was literally a comedy and that all 60's shows weren't like that.

Recent years have seen a huge resurgence in appreciation for it.

fuck off dobson!

>Dobson and Bob take this as Batfags ruining the character with the edgyness (instead of saying you can have multiple versions of said character and being as close-minded as the strawmans they create).
>Basically, Dobson and Bob just using Adam West's death to act Smug and to egotisically talk down people. Because these people can't live unless it's belittling people and acting smug.

This. They act like they thought about Adam West 24/7 and somehow they can mourn him better than other people. I mean, hell, people who watch Family Guy probably will miss him just as much.

Fair enough, but that was 30 years ago.

This is the same person who started bitching when he saw the panel of Bruce proposing and said that Bruce didn't deserve to be married to a compulsive thief.

I don't think Dobson really reads tweets and thought that he thought it was some gamergate thing. Wasn't Zelda Willaims previously for gamergate?

Fuck you. I remember bitching about how they should've made the West Batman the main Batman.

Dobson's idea of controversy is often imagined. Like he has an idea of what people are like and he gets mad about that despite not really knowing people. It's like that knee-jerk reaction people have when learning something about a new person like "ugh, you're a vegan, please don't vandalize my fur coat" or "oh my god you're a Christian, I bet you want all gays to die and go to hell" but instead it's complete nonsense like "I'm going to state my opinion about the new batman movie and oh my god CAN I JUST DO THAT WITHOUT PEOPLE GETTING MAD THAT I'M NOT MENTIONING THAT THEATER SHOOTING!?" I don't know where he gets this from.

I'm not defending Dobson's retardation, just giving some historical perspective.

She said she liked going to Sup Forums, she never said anything one way or another about GamerGate.

Is it impossible for Dobson, or anyone else using twitter in general to back down and say, "Okay sorry I was wrong" when they are wrong and get btfo, instead of ALWAYS getting defensive and going "No obviously YOU'RE wrong"?

>This is the same person who started bitching when he saw the panel of Bruce proposing and said that Bruce didn't deserve to be married to a compulsive thief.

The same guy who ranted against the "sexy Harley Quinn" pages?

Arrested Development. Not the show, the actual psychological thing. He never advanced beyond high school, and even then he seems to believe that high school was actually how it was depicted in 80's teen comedies. In his mind, Revenge of the Nerds was a documentary and he didn't watch the revenge part.

Not just Twitter, but everywhere. It's one of the things I will personally never understand.

Also see the "mansplaining" and "actually guys" maymays people pull if anyone dares to correct their factually incorrect statements.

Here on Sup Forums I've had people literally get shocked and confused when I'm corrected and admit I was wrong, or if I agree with their logic.

Most people who use Twitter like Dobson does have egos the size of Everest, so the idea of admitting they were wrong is like the idea of cutting off one of their fingers.

>>The Batman I grew up with
>>Not the Tim Burton one.
What the hell is he trying play? That WAS the Batman of his childhood!

Frank Miller hated West's Batman, and Miller's take on the ebin Dark Knight has been very popular with edgetards.

He was always my favorite.

I've had that happen once or twice too, and I'll never understand why that should be shocking. I'd rather be told why I'm a fucking idiot so I stop saying stupid shit than not.

How hard was it for Dobson to resist the urge of inflating Harley?

I liked how corny Adam West's Batman was.

Probably because HOW DARE you do that to a poor innocent female!

Someone tweet this at him and see if he goes into an autistic rage.

Wow it's real

>>Some people didn't like that
>>I apologized for BTW
Saying you offended others isn't apologizing!
>>Never say I don't apologize
YOU DIDN'T! You just offended people and said "Geez, why everyone so upset?" Apologizing means you realized your actions were wrong! Not that you caved into pressure from others!
>>WTF is wrong with us
MY FUCKING GOD!

In all honesty? He needs to be socially around other people.

He's always said Adam West was his favorite Batman and the only true interpretation in his mind.

Another self-victimizing special snowflake. move along folks, nothing to see here.

Clean up your room Dobson.

Seriously he sounds like a child who got tolled by his parents to make nice with his sister

>Only I was a true fan unlike you haters
Has virtue signalling found a new low?

That image needs to be sent to him every time he states how much of a feminist he is.

for a long time, especially during and after the tim burton movie, people constantly shat on the adam west version because it wasn't hardcore enough, or something. even though now the burton/shumacker movies are just as campy, the nolan movies are great films but shitty batman movies, and snyders batfleck is yet another randian nightmare, the west version is closest to the era that came before it.

Is this the same guy who tried to start shit about Eisner?

In fairness, West was basically out of work for like 30 years following Batman. That might be what that guy is referring to.

It's pretty clear Dobson has autism based on his inability to pick up social cues

>does nothing for 30+ years
>still makes money and is respected

h-heh, how do I get this life

there was definitely a period in the mid-80s to maybe late 90s where Adam West's Batman was seen as taking the piss out of Batman instead of just being a goofy take on the mythos.

the push towards more serious and grim Batman is almost directly a reaction to the campy 60s series.

Eh, hate to play devil's advocate but Dobson is in the right here. Most chubby hairy men dressed as female characters at cons, particularly those in revealing clothing, are doing it to get laughs and not to express themselves or in hopes of starting a pride parade. It's also really played out and I wished they'd fucking stop because it's not funny or even cringeworthy anymore, it's just tired and done.
Nah, that was Aaron Diaz who makes Dresden Cloak or whatever.

maybe among normies but comic fans should know he got serious in the 70s

>Nah, that was Aaron Diaz who makes Dresden Cloak or whatever.

Damn I can't keep up with these webcomics assholes. Thanks.

Picture something like the Justice League or The Avengers. Then it got under new management and people like Dobson and Moviebob end up getting recruited into high hero positions. How does that organisation fair up in the long run?

I remember people shitting on the 90s batman movies far more than the 60's series.

Does anyone have that tweet where he got pissed at the Uncle Andy episode of Steven Universe?

This.

Along with the many comics by him about his past that show he's developed a deep self-assured neurosis it's the smart thing to just ignore him.
He's off his rocker. Aimless spite is his opium.
>hurp hurp like Sup Forums
Fresh thought there.

>They are creating a fictional scenario where Adam West was underground and hated more than Adolf Hitler by the evil Geeks and straight males.

This is kind of the modern trend for some reason. These internet weirdos just attach their personal hangups on to their own favorite things in media and act like the "hardcore" crowd terribly persecuted them for so long and need these guys to defend their honor.

wow, what an over-inflated ego

Anita-senpai, I'll protect you from those subhuman harassers and gators!!!!

See how much of a nerd I am, I'm just like one of you!!!!!!

His weird persecution complex plays into almost everything. He imagines some situation with internet bullies saying something then he actually acts on that imagined situation as if it literally happened.

And it's all Nintendo shit.

Didn't Dobson also jump on the "Link crossdressing in BotW is offensive to trans peoples" bandwagon?

Yoshi's Island was his own personal Vietnam.

He made a whole video on it.

Hey you know how we all hate William Shatner for being a womanizing drunk? I bet when HE dies, we'll all be super sad and ignore what a piece of shit he is too.

After all these years, I don't think pretending to be a feminist online and running to the defense of all the poor girls in media has ever gotten him laid.

You're being sarcastic, right? I genuinely have no idea when people are serious or not these days. I mean, what posted is an obvious joke, but I would not be surprised to learn that some crazy fuckstain out there actually believes that.

Because of typecasting, which is common in the industry. Ask Mark Hamill who found a second career voice acting for a living. Just like, shocker, Adam West did for years between Batman TV and Family Guy. He did VA work for various Hanna shows including Batman and guest star gigs on TV for the longest time. He just couldn't land leading man roles on TV because so many saw him as their iconic Batman

>imdb.com/name/nm0001842/

You're actually conflating the reception of Adam West with William Shatner right now? Seriously?

Are you saying West was a womanizing drunk too?

I don't know what you're trying to argue.

Wait, Adam West died?

I am. I was gonna post something like "Dobson's a knob" under it to confirm but hit Post without thinking.

He really is a knob of the highest order. I bet him and Yale Stewart would have a ball sitting by themselves at lunch.

Adam was a really nice guy and William is a bit of a prick. Two different people.

Yeah. On Saturday. We had a sticky.

He's part of the Ghost Squad now. That's what happens when you don't remember her name.

>Dobson

Why must we lose legends when this fat fuck still draws breath

Shatner is the Stan Lee of television. He's mended a lot of bridges despite being a self-admitted asshole in his prime. Time and self-deprecation have healed those proverbial wounds

In short, nobody hates Shatner except George Takei

>nobody hates Shatner except George Takei
What exactly is the story there?

I've been out of town for some days, so I didn't hear much news.
Bummer, he seemed like a pretty nice guy, who loved doing what he did. Good thing he managed to squeeze out the animated movie with him and Burt, before he died. Must have been fun.

Gillian Anderson is still hot.

Reminds me of that episode of Pepper Ann where she went to a book signing for Mark Hamill and he listed off all of his accomplishments except Star Wars. Then some guy in the like yells "he's Luke Skywalker" and security kicks him out.

shatner was a prick a big beautiful prick

He and Burt fucked tons of women in their prime when Batman was airing. After it was canned and he couldn't get any good roles, he became depressed and turned to alcohol. He overcame it all though and I don't know anybody who thinks he's a bad or scummy guy.

I always wanted to see Shatner fight West.