Since Johns has been mending bridges with various people, when will he get Rebirthed?

Since Johns has been mending bridges with various people, when will he get Rebirthed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hasn't he been super nice to DC lately? Same with Slott?

I'd be laughing if everyone just jumped the Marvel ship to go to DC.

I think Waid and Slott can be good under better editors and having them work hard to keep their spot.

>PAD
Please no

Has he crowdfunded all his taxes yet?

Johns only hires his pals. So expect Waid and Slott instead.

No, Marvel can keep all their shit talent, DC should be promoting new talent via Young Animal and putting the successful ones in their main line.

Say it with me:
YOUNG
JUSTICE
REBIRTH

They should, but they won't.

Is Johns really friends with Slott?

He's good at writing fantasy. Give him some Vertigo book.

You really think he can be brought back to the light after years in the darkness? He must find all these Marvel writers aping his stuff so very poorly flattering rather than insulting if he's still there.

I spoke with him at a Con and I said the exact same thing. He said he can't, he has an exclusivity contract with Marvel.

He will be writing episodes for the third season of the animated series, though.

/Thread

Then why is he only writing one monthly book?

Honestly glad he still has an exclusive, he could most likely use the health insurance with his issues.

Slott's DC work is all completely fantastic

There was never any bridge to burn. He has said before DC just stopped offering him work. This is likely because of Dan Didio who really wasn't fond of PAD's Earth Angel Supergirl.

I liked his vampire Peter Pan novel

Didio hated Young Justice too.

Exactly. We've seen what happens when a writer gets comfortable and knows he can't get booted from a book. Light a fire under Slott or Bendis and they return back to the way they were.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4

Words to live by.

I think that was more Eddie Berganza. He fucking hated Impulse according to Mark Waid and ran several takes of the Titans into the ground. He probably was just furious the book existed outside of his control.

>Berganza

What kind of friendship or blackmail keeps this guy employed?

He slagged publicly after it was canceled.
>First he complained about the quality of the book's sales, stating that a book which features such iconic characters should have far higher numbers. And second he asserted that "Slobo" ruined the character of Lobo.

>The aspect that Dan perpetually leaves out of his two-part evisceration of "Young Justice" is that YJ was specifically designed to appeal to a younger readership. That was the mandate from editorial. That's what I was asked to write. YJ was intended to skew young--in its stories, in its subject matter, in its readership--with the notion that it would draw in younger readers who would eventually "graduate" to the older-skewing titles. I was told at the outset that DC neither expected nor needed the book to sell huge numbers; it was aiming at the long-term goal of bringing in new, younger readers. So his complaining about the quality of the sales is irrelevant...not to mention that YJ outsold "Impulse" and "Superboy," both of which were also cancelled, and even he admits the book was turning a profit. So pointing to these iconic characters--characters so "iconic" that DC did away with them--and complaining that sales didn't reflect their presence is really beside the point.

>As for Slobo, I wanted to introduce a Wolverine-esque character to stir things up. Since the book featured junior versions of Superman, Batman, and the Flash, a junior version of Lobo seemed perfectly appropriate. A character who was, in his execution and handling, far more serious than Dan remotely gives him credit for (because, y'know, having Slobo go slowly blind was such a knee-slapper of a storyline). And, frankly, I think that a company that raped and murdered Sue Dibny, murdered Blue Beetle, tortured and crippled Batgirl, and had both Superman and Wonder Woman at various times cold-bloodedly murder opponents, doesn't get to say that *I* ruined one of their characters.

No.

I totally forgot about that.

I didn't even know he's done anything for DC.

I mean both Young Justice and Aquaman are getting reprints.

The only company he burned bridges with is Image since he was very public about his distaste of both McFarlane and Larsen. Next to Bynre he was probably their biggest vocal critic.

Slott's career trajectory is weird.

Started as a Marvel intern
Lucked into writing Ren & Stimpy since they bought the license and he was the only one there who knew the property, was a huge success
Causes him to be viewed as a "funny animal" writer, gets lots of work writing Scooby Doo/Looney Tunes and other licensed books from DC but nothing else
Justice League cartoon coming out, DC has no comic book plans, Slott proposes a comic and gets to write it
Opens the door to let him pitch actual superhero work, gets a Batman mini-series.
Gives him enough of a profile to pitch a She-Hulk book to Marvel

You probably know the rest.

Is PAD still good?

Straight up napalm, and i don't disagree with any of it.

Despite the uninspired art, and whatever bullshit crossovers the series has had to deal with, Spider-Man 2099 has been fairly good.. or at least it was when it started.

Not entirely sure wtf else his got his tentacles in.

Nobody knows

I honestly can't think of any writer who moved from DC to Marvel and didn't have their writing go down the tubes. Loeb and Waid, for example.

There are some writers that do better at Marvel than at DC like JMS.

>John's DC
>Promoting new talent

DC is giving a deluxe treatment to his Atlantis Chronicles, so maybe.

apparently exclusives don't come with insurance anymore

when he gets a chance to kill of DC's Gypsy

Didio and PAD will bond for the first time by killing Dick.

Regardless of what you think about them, Orlando and Williamson are being pushed.

And Tom King. And that's just writers. I pray to god they keep some of these new artists they have too, especially Bilquis Evely.

Orlando is shit, but I like Williamson. His MMH was balls to the walls crazy. It was a perfect British comic.

Had to google, but shes fantastic... reminds me of Paquette...

I hope someone at DC finds a way to snipe Dauterman... he's fucking fantastic.

Claremont has 0 books and is still exclusive to marvel

Is this the guy who begged his fans to pay his taxes for him?

Orlando is only shit on multipart stories, it seems standalones are mostly his taste.

I'd prefer him to stay at Marvel honestly.

His comics are really boring.

Plus we already have Gillian and JMD to write boring mediocre comics.

Ben Reilly. Which hasn't been bad, it's just felt really off. I think he's trying to set up too much to start off with to actually get going on the book

>david
>shit
Triggered tumblrtard or Sup Forums casual who chimps out at the word "Marvel"?

This Orlando does a more classic style really well. He can weave single issue stories together but struggles with decompression.

Yep

But why? Do they just have him on exclusive to appeal to older fans?

It was Williams, not Williamson.

Its most likely because they don't want him writing anything for the competition even if they have no interest in giving him work themselves. That's what I hear most often at least. Its a real dick move, to be honest.