I am both frightened and aroused

>I am both frightened and aroused

Did anyone else think this was the funniest line of that whole movie?

Haven't watched the movie yet, this guy and the others from the photo have small appearances or are they prevalent?

is he, dare I say /ourguy/?

That's a pretty typical internet comment that you see all the time, I stopped finding it funny a long time ago but I can see how it'd be funny seeing it in a movie.

They're pretty prevalent. Sameer and maybe Chief get the most attention out of the group I'd say.

I laughed when the rope swinging chick got shot.... I guess that's not a line.

>Watching the movie with my GF
>Get to the part where Diana says that men are necessary for reproduction but not for pleasure
>She turns and gives me a smug look

I laughed at that part

I'm really glad they managed to be Koskal Baba in a capeshit movie

Diana taking down the whole churchtop by sheer overkill was the unintentionally funniest part of the movie

Spud got way more attention than the chief, I'd say.

Watched in dub. Question. Dr. Poison told about "returning to former power" on scene with her blue meth. What was about? Is general had some powers? Or is it just a metaphor\lost in translation? Or was it "blue pill" for different kind of power, if you know what I mean.

I think it was to give him to the strength of his youth and more.

That's good then. I was afraid of them being just decorations because they don't show up frequently on trailers nor on comments from the movie.

also a red herring to make people think he's Ares like his 'you know nothing of gods' remark

I can't be the only one who thought this.

>strength of his youth
So, he could bend metal in his youth?
Is there any comics in movie universe to read, btw?

You stopped reading before you were all the way through the sentence. Go back and give it another shot, you can do it if you try.

One the best things about this movie is its side characters. Their little subplots made them more fleshed out than most other supporting characters in cape movies.

>Diana doesn't have a movie Poster of Sameer in his first leading role

Ditto except I went alone

>Implying he ever got one.
Killing the god of war didn't turn him white user.
I do hope that she helped Charlie get over his PTSD. Charlie was best character.

They got more development than the Howling Commandos did.

Literally a reddit line, im not even joking. I see that exact line everywhere on the internet every other day on pictures of 'alternatively' attractive women.

It's horrible writing

>/ourguy/

its straight stolen

Did anyone else catch I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD?

It's a stock line but it worked in that scene. Just like the Scot's introduction.
I don't really laugh in movies 'cause I'm an asshole, but this movie got plenty of laughs from everybody when I went to see them. Way more than a movie that was supposed to be humorous and whacky like Suicide Squad (which pretty much didn't get any when I watched it).
I guess it also helps that most of them weren't in the trailers.

same

I was honestly afraid they would nerf Ares into a typical one-shot comic villain to be discarded like Marvel does to anyone not named Thanos.

But then we got to his scenes and Ares makes his armor out of melted down weapons and he makes the slit in his helmet by hand, I knew shit was about to get intense. Bravo for making your villain actually feel like he has weight, DC

Right? People are complaining that he was boring or bland with his "THEN I WILL DESTROY YOU" line and yeah, he kinda was a typical bad guy, but I thought the powers he had were so damn cool.

Anyone think Ares will be back?

I thought the spooky reveal scene was pretty cool.
I wish they would've had a fight that felt more personal instead of that CGI eyefuck fest.

Yeah, they kinda let the ball slip at the end there, but otherwise hot damn it was a good fight.

Side note though: How the hell did Ares get Zeus' lightning? Did it just default to him since all the other god's were gone?

After the jumbled mess that was the Doomsday fight, I'd settle for some simple back and forth attacks

>dat Doctor Poison and Ludendorff laugh

>Did it just default to him since all the other god's were gone?
Yeah, and I think it was just a cocky thing from him to try to use it against the daughter of Zeus herself, which ends up backfiring.
I think it was cool that Ares was pretty much a victim of his own ego and overconfidence, since that's a common thing in Greek mythology. You know, hubris. Too bad some of the folks here think that's a plot-hole because he causes his on downfall, when that's the whole point. Every single action he takes to avoid the prophecy of Diana killing him ends up making it happen. That's 100% classic Greek stuff.

I assumed it had to do with being the son of Zeus, but it could have possibly been from killing Zeus

The entire IMAX I was in got a good laugh out of that. Easily my favorite joke.

The fact that the whole boat scene was improvised makes it so much better.

Hopefully not.

I want a series where the bad guys are nothing but the two of them as they where in that scene.

But why? It could be the same for either sex. The Sex obsessed stuff was stupid.

My favorite was:
"what is that?!"
"it's a benis :DDDDDD"

It was "restore your strength" actually. Worked a little too well.

This is the best character in the movie

pretty much

Better than any marvel villain to date... except maybe Loki, but discussing that would be a shitshow.

Lol, you're gay.

>but the mask wont work
>i know
>hilariaty ensues

GOLD
O
L
D

>But why? It could be the same for either sex.

True, but it was an Amazon's treatise on sexuality.

The whole conversation was ad-libbed.

Would be cool to see him in a Crisis or other world-threatening event.

Men orgasm most of the time during sex, a lot of women don't.

Why? Its honestly not that hard.

That's why

One of his attacks looks like it was ripped straight out of the Fate/Stay Night franchise.

Not really into crude humor, but it's an easy way to get laughs. Didn't like it in 1978 Superman either.

personally I want to see him as Azz style Ares, just a defeated old man

AH

But seriously you can give a woman a orgasm with your pointer finger. Like three and a half inches to four there is a patch of nerves that feel slightly different, not rough or coarse just different. Friction, pressure, and listen for her breathing and you can get her squirting in no time.

Its piss, dood.

>When you find the guy who never gave a orgasm if he tried

With the grenades? Yeah, totally got the Gilgamesh vibe, which actually makes perfect sense, if you think about it

>but the mask won't work
>they don't know that
>[diabolical laughter]

Couldnt help but grin. Was nice to see a just strait up goofy, evil pair, Boris and Natasha style for once.

>Gal Gadot actually acted decently in this flick and made Wonder Woman a likable character and looked cute even if I though she was fugly before
>Likable secondary characters
>I didn't even flinched when Superman died in BvS but I got teary eyes when Steve Trevor died
>That Christopher Reeve Superman I-like scream Diana makes when Trevor dies
>The movie was still as dark or even darker as the other DCEU films but in a realistic and not a try hard edgy way likje the others
>The action scenes in the first 2/3 of the movie felt like a pay-off and not a forced mess

That movie was pretty good, the only thing I didn't like was the excessive GCI ridden that climax that went too long and that seems to be a tradition in the DCEUverse

>Ludendorff

I feel kinda bad when he died not even with inhaling the super heroin he had any chance fighting Diana, he died like in 5 seconds

Even at this point into the movie, I still kept thinking:

"Why does every amazon need to do a spin before attacking?"

Good, but was he the one who said they'd follow Diana and Steve just to make sure Steve didn't get killed ahead of Diana? I liked that one better.

I want and extended cut of Wonder Woman, it's the only DCEU movie I wanted to see more footage, I wanted to see more of Themyscira.

BvS extended cut was OK too I guess since it made it have a sense of coherence as a film that the theatrical version lacked.

>mfw she didn't turn back time by jumping against the rotation of the earth to bring back steve trevor

CGI is the way things are now. You people should stop pretending it's just a fad.

This, but my brother turned to me and I gave him a forced orgasm in the cinema to prove him wrong.

Raises paw

HE STILL DIED! wtf why do all villains die? this is not fukken anime here in the west villains return again and all the time, in fact there is a villain inside your house RIGHT NOW WTF

>Is there any comics in movie universe to read, btw?

No. DC doesn't whore their comic lines to their movie universe the way Marvel does. The comics that were released before BvS were advertiser tie-ins that really have nothing to do with the plot of the movie, just like the novel had nothing to do with Bruce or Clark or the movie.

This time around there's no extended cut, if you want to see more Themyscira and WW stuff you will have to keep following the DCEU and WW sequels, hopefully by Jenkins again.

The Above Average line is what got me.

Yes

>not white
>/ourguy/
Pick one

On one hand I feel like when you're talking about "gods" and "death" there are clearly ways Ares could come back. But on the other hand just from a story perspective I don't want him to, at least not right away. Justice League will be about Darkseid and his minions (though I'm sure there will be some kind of reference to Diana being a "Godkiller"), and future WW movies should give some of her other villains a chance to see mainstream popularity.

Maybe if this franchise lasts long enough for a Wonder Woman 5 or 6 they could do a plot about the return of the Greek Gods, but anything before that is too soon.

Doubt it, it doesnt look like either phobos or deimos. Though i would love a live action version of giant ares with no armor that looks like kenshiro

There's something about the tone of this movie that felt really good
Similar to how Disney's Hercules is basically a Superman movie in disguise, this felt like some one-off anime movie with Wonder Woman inserted in. I mean that in the best way possible.

funniest moment for me was seeing flashback Ares all buff and jacked while still retaining the mustache and face of his actor. What kind of God has JUST a mustache?

You know, I saw Wonder Woman a second time in theaters and it's really starting to grow on me.

Dare I say... a memorable super hero film on par with Days of Future Past or Cap 2?

the Amazon fighting style clearly revolves around spinning

Jesus people are really exaggerating how good this movie is. It was so goddamn cookie cutter and I legitimately don't believe people could think it was this good, especially the portrayal of Ares.

I was thinking more You filthy mongrel

Had you said 'the bad guy' instead of Ares, this would have made for a perfect generic stop liking what I don't like post

There are no white guys in Sup Forums.

It's not that I don't like it, but the fact that people are praising it like its one of the best action-adventure/cape movies of all time is crazy

I turned to my Mom and gave her a smug look.

Why you gotta bring in colour like that man.
Everyone can be /ourguy/ as long as they qualify.

CGI's fine. CGI that looks pretty realistic throughout but then becomes Sucker Punch in the last 10 minutes is bad.

I think the textures are fine (not always) but the physics are trash

>Days of Future Past
>Cap 2
>Memorable

Nigga, Cap 2 is arguably the only worthy movie to come out of the Marvel EU outside of Iron Man 1

>>That Christopher Reeve Superman I-like scream Diana makes when Trevor dies

Oh please. Her scream was pretty weak and generic, and I don't even think Reeve's scream was THAT amazing.

So? It's not a memorable movie on its own.

>Charlie won't be singing for Steve no more

I'd say the theme of government surveillance / internet tracking is pretty ballsy and memorable.

I turned to your Mom and gave her a smug look too.

Ares was played by Professor Lupin and there was no foreshadowing that the man negotiating the armistice was actually the god of war. People argue he's bland because he came out of nowhere, he acted against his own interests throughout the movie, and whatever personality they built for him was a "ruse" in the fact that he was being the opposite of Ares so that the viewer wouldn't think he was Ares.

Supporters of the film like to pull out this "oh it's so epic" logic by saying Ares was going to cause WW2 by negotiating, but at the same time we're discussing a character that financed his own destruction and led to the killing of General Ludendorff, who actually participated in one of the attempted coups Hitler was involved in.

>and there was no foreshadowing that the man negotiating the armistice was actually the god of war

He walked with a limp. That's how you do good foreshadowing - you don't realize you're being lead on, but it makes perfect sense in hindsight. Who were we told was wounded by Zeus? Ares. Who was the only character suffering from an old wound or injury? Sir Patrick. That he was seemingly arguing against his own interest is what is known as "dramatic irony" - no one expects the god of war to be the sympathetic man arguing for peace - and yet, how much chaos was he causing in doing that?

>but at the same time we're discussing a character that financed his own destruction and led to the killing of General Ludendorff
I'll take classic Greek hubiris for 500 Jack.

He was making the peace happen while also making Dr Poison and the General plot to stop it. Do you think they would try to make peace again after being blindsided while attempting the first one? Not a chance the war would go on until one side was destroyed.

He explicitly says he wasn't making them do anything. He was just providing inspiration for their weapons.

Those dumbasses didn't have food, troops, money, or ammo, and after they killed the German leadership they didn't have a command structure either. The troops weren't going to eat poison gas and therefore there wasn't going to be an infinite war effort once they finished the gas.

If you really think about it and don't assume Ares had precognitive abilities (and he must not or else he wouldn't have been killed by Wonder Woman), Ares' plan didn't make very much sense and he probably did more to stop himself than to help himself.