Kevin Feige says no rivalry with DC, offers love and hugs to all

>According to Feige, there isn’t really a rivalry between Marvel and DC. In fact, Feige is quick to say most of the supposed rivalry hails from the press. “There’s not really a rivalry. The rivalry is much more amongst the press, I think,” he shared. “Geoff Johns is a very good friend of mine. We grew up together in the business and recently celebrated Richard Donner, who we both used to work for. So, I applaud all the success he’s had. I really just look at it as a fan. When the movies perform well and are well received, it’s good for us – which is why I’m always rooting for them.”

>“The success of Wonder Woman is wonderful. It makes us incredibly happy. Finally, we can put to rest the falsehood that audiences don’t want to see female characters,” Feige said. “We never believed that was true. There were a run of movies that just weren’t very good 10-15 years ago that caused that reputation. I’m glad that Wonder Woman has blown that away.”

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/chicago-day-1-bendis-panel-goes-wild/
bleedingcool.com/2016/11/14/what-next-for-bill-jemas-valiant-dmg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Finally, we can put to rest the falsehood that audiences don’t want to see female characters,” Feige said. “We never believed that was true.

Then where's YOUR fucking movie dipshit?

Dude is playing damage control so hard

Aside from snide remarks inserted into some comics, I don't think most of the people working for either company hate the other, it's always just the fans making things worse.

I have literally never seen DC do even a fraction of the shit that Marvel writers get away with. If anything Waid, Spencer, and Slott need to get called on it.

Most of it comes from retarded fans. It was never a race anyway,when the mcu's been around for 10 years. There was no need to rush stuff like Superman's death and now nigga will be JL's Hawkeye.

Any examples?

>Aside from snide remarks inserted into some comics, I don't think most of the people working for either company hate the other, it's always just the fans making things worse.
I'm pretty sure SOME people have legit beef

Bendis is pretty snotty towards DC as an entity, largely because he's a dunce

Quesada talked some shit in the early days because he mistook comic book publishing for pro wrestling, and that offended Levitz which meant an end to Marvel/DC collaboration once Joe Q rose in prominence

>marvel executive is a love not war pussy

Who could have guessed

>Then where's YOUR fucking movie dipshit?
All that "marvel stands for inclusiveness" PR down the fucking drain. but hey "LOL TALKING RACCOONS MARVEL IS JUST A MADMAN!" amirite?

DC takes the risks while Marvel reaps the rewards. Keep in mind Captain America 3 wasn't going to be Civil War until DC came out with title called Batman vs Superman.

I don't see this as damage control, because he's used that "When one company is successful it's good for the other one too" line before in the past. Basically, his reasoning is that if the movies are well received by critics and audiences, it creates more of an appetite for the genre in general, and fights the "superhero fatigue" some press members have pointed to. Certainly for him in his position, it's beneficial that the studios continue to look at cape films as being good business.

He wanted to make Captain Marvel earlier but Perlmutter was still in charge then and said no. Eventually allowed him to do it if they also made an Inhumans movie.

Then Feige broke Marvel Studios away from Marvel and now he doesn't have to worry about Ike anymore.

>Then Feige broke Marvel Studios away from Marvel and now he doesn't have to worry about Ike anymore.

and he pushed back Captain Marvel for Spider-Man and an Ant-Man sequel. Smooth moves, Kevin

Are you implying those aren't savvy moves? Becaus from where I'm standing "make room for Spider-Man" is pretty much always a smart call.

>company cared about diversity
>posts a picture of a bunch of straight white guys

>Keep in mind Captain America 3 wasn't going to be Civil War until DC came out with title called Batman vs Superman.

This will always make me sad. We could have had a good movie with Cap, Falcon, and Bucky with a real Zemo. But instead we got a film based on one of the worst events that ever happened to Marvel.

Ant-Man and the WASP. Co lead female. Like Cap 2 was co lead with Black Widow.

Civil War is great tho.

>Meanwhile Nick Spencer has a spergy aneurysm on twatter

The Russos always wanted to do "Civil War" and would have included the New Avengers regardless.

CW: Saving private Barnes>>>Comic CW though. It even made more sense with Tony and Cap clashing in each Avengers movies . But I hope they still make Serpent Society.

I swear it's like Kevin is the only guy who knows what he's fucking doing in superheroes movies.
No, Sup Forums, not in the sense he's some kind of genius like you'll laud any twat that isn't under Disney to be. In the sense he's not going for the tired, yet still very predictably swallowed, market tactics of the console wars era.
That whole aggressive business bullshit with made up buzzwords about your blast processing, and smear ads to make your shit look less brown by comparing it to the competition and all that conditioning.

No one will listen though, he's right in that the press has people pulled by their strings. People like to say the content is childish, but the love acting childish even more and just won't hear it.

Nobody wants Serpent Society, bro. They used it as a mock title because they always joke about how silly it'd be to use them in a movie.

Yeah. Really, he must be relieved that DC is no longer poisoning the superhero movie well with more Snydershit.

>There’s not really a rivalry. The rivalry is much more amongst the press, I think,”

Is Marvel writer Nick Spencer part of the press?

He's not part of Marvel STUDIOS, that's for sure.

>he's right in that the press has people pulled by their strings
It's nothing new. 'Member when Rap first started to get really popular and they had the East Coast vs West Cost Beef? Niggers literally killing other niggers over that shit.

At least in *this* case the worst you can hope for is two faggots getting into a company war slapfight on Sup Forums.

And that pet project Inhumans movie Perlmutter wanted so dearly. "Delayed Indefinitely" which was a nice way of saying "tossed into a burning dumpster.

Steve was clearly the lead in "Winter Soldier". Natasha was at the same level as Falcon as "unusually strong supporting character".

But how the dc's been risky with movies ? they've been cocksucking Batman for decades and PRESENT DAY, PRESENT TIME it's never been safer to do a superherorine movie, even if it was shit people would go in hordes to see it.

I don't agree with the other guy that she's a co-lead but she has more screntime and character moments than Falcon in TWS... who up until now really hasn't had much.

I honestly believe him. Marvel doesn't want any bad blood with DC. The better they (and Fox) movies do, the more people stay interested in superhero movies which is a plus for everybody especially them since they're the most popular

A lot of people think Marvel wants DC to fail and that's just not true. Sure I bet they want to stay top dog, but they don't want the competition to straight up die. Competition is what keeps them going

>an Ant-Man sequel
Well it's Ant-Man and the Wasp

Poking a little fun here and there is not a full blown gang war people treat it like. From a business aspect, Feige is right. If DC does well it helps marvel, and vice versa. The industry as a whole will thrive if both are supported. Same goes for comics, you want people to be in shops buying stuff, if they aren't buying anything that hurts everyone.

Still doesnt stop Marvel actors and writers from taking shots at DC for no reason.
Marvel is that asshole friend you cant stop the friendship because they were pretty cool back in the day.

The one they announced a couple of years ago when they already had a full slate, which is still on track even though DC bumped Wonder Woman up the list because they could, or the one they were going to do with ScarJo but then she got pregnant and her schedule became impossible?

Good for him. JLA is going to be terrible regardless, so I don't see that he's got any ulterior motive here, and it's true. This literally does make it easier to market twice as many Marvel characters in their own movies as before, because it proves to investors that female-led cape movies aren't all Catwoman and don't need an A-lister with a proven track record to headline.

He needs to tell that fuck Quesada then.

This is the best piece of writing Bendis has ever done

I would've preferred to get the William Burnside movie.
Marvel Studios and DC Films are cool, the actors for DC and Marvel are the ones taking potshots, and Nick Spencer's been brainwashed despite Marvel canning both of his other books prematurely.

I hate how sexuality is involved in diversity

>they've been cocksucking Batman
if you think people bought tickets to Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman on the premise of seeing less than one minutes worth Batman then you must be retarded.

>and he pushed back Captain Marvel for Spider-Man and an Ant-Man sequel. Smooth moves, Kevin

Idiot, of course he would have to push back Captain Marvel for Spider-Man. Even though they can use Spider-Man in the MCU, it's still a Sony film, and Sony wants to get as much money from the box office as possible.

>Feige is right. If DC does well it helps marvel, and vice versa
I feel that feige may be sincere, but i wouldn't put it past Disney to feel threatened of DC in fear of there being a chance of capeshit fatigue.

>cap
>straight

>Poking a little fun here and there

I think what some people on the comics side have been doing in the last 17 years isn't exactly poking a little fun here and there.

Tell that to Bendis and Dan Slott.

Yeah I had stuff like that in mind when I said "most" of the people.

By her inexplicably going crazy crazy over muh babies and muh Magneto?

Everyone should shit on DCEU's retarded Joker

Capeshit fatigue is much more likely to be brought on by terrible movies, though.

>turns a question alluding to the long-standing rivalry between comics' two largest competing companies into an opportunity to signal virtue

They went because the trailer promised Guardian of the Galaxy and the promotion of the movie had a shitload of Joker, Harley and Batman.

When Joe Quesada and Bill Jemas took over at Marvel they encouraged an anti-DC culture, with Jemas calling Paul Levitz "LOL Pevitz" and Quesada trash-talking the company.

Jemas is gone now and Quesada has backed off on that, but it seems like Marvel encourages its editors and writers to be pugnacious and mix it up online, probably on the theory that all publicity is good publicity.

DC seems to have a more button-down corporate culture where employees and freelancers are discouraged from saying obnoxious things (not that they sometimes don't, just it's not encouraged).

I doubt Feige or the other movie people have any beef with DC though. There's a limited number of people who have a) professional moviemaking skills and b) any knowledge of comic books. This is why the likes of Whedon, Heinberg and Loeb will always get work, but the upshot is they can't afford to trash each other because they'll all need to draw from the same talent pool.

Spiderman being in the MCU is great for Spidey fans but for fans of any other MCU character not called Tony, it means get used to minimal screen-time.

If Rey is a Mary Sue then what is the rich as fuck, genius tactician and inventor, martial artist, king, T'challa?

Coming to America.

Blame Ike

He wasn't allowed to as long as Perlmutter was calling the shots. He was only able to get approval for Captain Marvel by agreeing to do Inhumans.

Once Perlmutter was gone, it became all SJW all the time

Also blame decades of Marvel creators who never came up with a female solo star who was any good.

Carol really is the best they've got available (remembering that anyone's favorite Marvel comic female has probably been mostly on teams, not solo) and that's pretty sad.

MCU Tony and T'Challa both have egg on their face from Civil War, their pride and ego easily leads them to become rash and nearsighted so they're already far from mary sues.

T'Challa in fact wised up at the tail end, is trying to extend an olive branch to Steve and co. by using his resources to help Bucky after using them before for personal goals to hinder them, and it seems he's going to have to clean up old messes his predecessors left lying around with little glory in doing so should old-world Wakanda or the outside world disapprove of whatever choice he makes. He's not in an ideal situation right now, he might come out better from it but it's no blessing.

With Rey it's less that she has any inherent responsibility or was raised to fulfill an obligation and more that people around her, who just met her, decide she's the best to solve everything. Her choices are also puzzling, lacking any sense other than to stay or move as the plot requires.

If Disney whips up some horseshit at the end about her actually being a Sith splinter cell or whatever then at least they'll have some strand to tie it together, but if she's really just all that because the script calls for it but can't be fucked to justify it then that's the Mary Sue way of writing. Where you just tell your viewer someone is important and never bother to back it up or explain it. This has been discussed to death.

He was born into privilege so it's more reasonable for him.

>the actors for DC and Marvel are the ones taking potshots
Did anything happen, other than that "fuck Marvel" autograph from Momoa?

Marvel Studios is much less dogmatic than the comics division.

Disney and Feige would never allow Marvel Studios to become political

And yet Black Panther and Captain Marvel exist.

Unless the movies are really bad I doubt Disney will be dumb enough to market them as "you must see this movie or you're a bad person," which is what killed Ghostbusters.

The trick is to market a movie as silly escapism (which is what they are) while dog-whistling to the critics who want Social Significance. That's how Wonder Woman was marketed pretty much.

If a popcorn movie is marketed as being Good For You then nobody will want to see it, not even the people who actually agree with the message.

While Wanda appears in the MCU, the comics division only grudgingly gave her a solo book (Robinson said as much) that was disconnected from the MU and had no letters page or any editorial content.

Likewise Storm has ended up as T'challa's fucked bitch, and the bland dullard of the X-Men.

>They're not ignoring good characters just because they're black/female
How political of them.

Critics think to be of value art or any creative endeavour must be "socially significant" or "worthy".

This is because they are embarrassed they review such "trivial" things.

See Perlmutter truly believed a female lead wouldn't sell at all hence why they never did a Black Widow movie back when she was relevant.

Based Big Boy Bendis.

Meanwhile on the DCEU:
>FUCK MARVEL

exactly. If the movies keep on being liked, that is better. Marvel does 2 1/2 films a year, they sell products too. DC wants in on this fire and if families are dragged out to bad super hero movies that ruins the taste of the genre. McDonalds would rather you like burgers and eat bugers than get a taste for something they dont sell.

I think you're giving them too much credit. 75 years of rivalry doesn't exactly equate to friendship.

It's good, but it could've been better.

>DC takes the risks
What fucking risks?
They are superhero movies, they follow the same, clonic structure, except they change the costumes the main character and villains wear.

>Keep in mind Captain America 3 wasn't going to be Civil War until DC came out with title called Batman vs Superman.
And what fucking risk was taken in either movie?
Both were the same, absolute garbage.

The SS dorector said it but later apologized cuz he was harrassed.
Other then that no.

>'Member
>le reddit asterisks

>East Coast vs West Cost Beef? Niggers literally killing other niggers over that shit.
Oh yeah, because white people have never killed each other over stupid shit before

>There will never be a DC vs Marvel fighting game

He didn't say otherwise.
Niggers are other people, and since they are people, they are fucking retarded.

>and Quesada trash-talking the company
He also put the kibosh on any future crossover books. JLA/Avengers happened on his watch but it was contractually obligated preceding his becoming EiC.

DC does have tighter constraints on creatives in social media which is how McDuffie got fired. During the 70s and early 80s they weren't even allowed to drink socially together but this was eventually ignored.

If it helps put things into perspective at the height of this obnoxiousness from Marvel, DC cancelled The Boys (a good seller they acquired with Wildstorm) as soon as an issue came out with a foul-mouthed, intolerant Hitler-moustached Stan Lee character in it. They'd tolerated gore, anal sex, and all the edge Ennis could muster but depicting "The Legend" as someone who'd call Will Eisner "that faggot they named the awards after" was the breaking point. And they kept the whole thing low key, handing Ennis and Roberson the book rights AND reprint rights for zero (0) dollars just as long as they took it elsewhere. Officially DC never explained why they dumped the book but the timing speaks for itself.

>people around her, who just met her, decide she's the best to solve everything. Her choices are also puzzling, lacking any sense other than to stay or move as the plot requires

Like America Chavez

The biggest miscue was marrying Ororo to anyone with a penis. Outside of a thing with Forge that was engineered by Claremont to fail spectacularly, she's been one of his classic "don't ask, don't tell" dykes.

or will

> there will never be a DC v Marvel pool in a dive bar game with Rogue bending over to make a trick shot and Wonder Woman licking her lips at the sight

muh dick is diamonds

> no dykes in the bathroom cutscenes
We are denied

>He also put the kibosh on any future crossover books.

That was Levitz, Bendis confirmed this over a decade ago when he and Brubaker wanted to do Batman/Daredevil.

>“This is a weird thing to talk about publicly,” Bendis started. “A year ago, Michael Avon Oeming and I started talking about a big Batman/Daredevil crossover. At the time, (Quesada) told me to put it on the back burner, because of the climate between the two companies. This was perplexing to me, as JLA/Avengers was making a boatload of dough.”

>Bendis continued, “So this year, me and Ed Brubaker started talking about it. Batman versus Bullseye. Elektra versus Catwoman. Yeah, a lot of cool shit. Everyone was excited, a lot of people said they’d do it for free — let’s just get this shit done, let’s get it green-lit. But (DC President, Publisher) Paul Levitz said no.”

>Bendis went on to say that he did call Levitz personally, and that Levitz cited Quesada personally as the reason the DD/Batman book could not go on.

>“And that’s not a good reason,” Bendis said. “That’s a personal reason. We could do this book without those two ever even speaking to each other.”

>Wayne then effectively supported what Bendis said.

>“The impression I have is that we expressed an interest in it, and that Brian would be involved… and we’ll do it, as soon as Joe is not at Marvel anymore,” said Wayne.

cbr.com/chicago-day-1-bendis-panel-goes-wild/

advanced damage control.

>and that Levitz cited Quesada personally as the reason the DD/Batman book could not go on
>and we’ll do it, as soon as Joe is not at Marvel anymore

Remember what I said about DC's response to making fun of Stan Lee? This is Marvel in 2002 under Joe Quesada.

The fuck did I just read?

oh that's right, Storytime of Pain hasn't done Marville recently.

Peter David and Marvel Publisher Bill Jemas made a bet over whose original idea was better. Jemas decided he won and we got Marville for it, a miniseries about a Superman parody sent back in time to the present. And then he makes friends with a female cab driver. And then they meet God. And God takes them back to prehistoric times to meet the first mutant and discover the meaning of life while disregarding everything about biology and anthropology not because it's a comic book but because Jemas is a fundamentalist retard on a soapbox.

It's one of the worst comic books ever made. These are just a few pages from the first issue.

> sitting around enjoying her dad's money
This is maybe the most offensive thing on the page. Henry Fonda was frequently destitute and his children didn't just go into acting on a lark, they did it to eat. At one point later in Peter Fonda's career as a film producer he was finding his dad bit parts just to keep him out of the poorhouse.

Meanwhile Jemas himself has lost his own website where he could rant about Jesus and is a pariah in the industry.
bleedingcool.com/2016/11/14/what-next-for-bill-jemas-valiant-dmg/

No one 'won' that shit because the other idea was Ultimate Adventures which was taking the piss on Batman and Robin.
Both are horrid from hell ideas that should have never graced comics or any media for that matter.

Are you shit talking UA

Levitz is a wonderful man though. Not talking about his writing here, but what he did for the industry and talent.

I dunno Bendis, how are we gonna know your Mary Sues are super special unless you keep telling us that.

Storm was pretty interesting with Wolvie, and Thor, to be honest. The only thing she really had in common with oilspill was that they were both black and powerful.

I liked that she had some neat similarities with Gambit in that they were both thieves.

By having the rest of the characters talk about how damaged she is all the time while the actual character doing nothing to prove they are right