Toonami Ratings for 6/10/17

Lupin the Third Part 4 will replace Gundam Unicorn starting this Saturday. Lupin will now premiere at 2am instead of the previously stated time of 1:30am.

Toonami is having an AoT rerun marathon on July 1st even though the 4th is on fucking Tuesday.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last week we saw absolutely abhorrent ratings thanks to the brilliant idea of rerunning Jack at 11. This week, people still didn't want anything to do with an hour of reruns out front and the ratings were slightly less shit, but still pretty shit.

11:00 Samurai Jack 884 0.39 497
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 856 0.40 510
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 893 0.42 537
12:30a Attack on Titan 717 0.36 465
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 583 0.29 377

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 574 0.30 389
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 530 0.29 372
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 513 0.27 341
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 469 0.26 331

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0zK_EUc-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Make me happy seeing Cleveland that low

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.47 750 0.25 317
8:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.33 524 0.17 212
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.39 598 0.22 283
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.41 629 0.23 301

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.61 898 0.38 482
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.82 1240 0.56 724

Comedy reruns still feeling the pain from poor Toonami numbers

3:00a The Cleveland Show (r) 435 0.22 293
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 434 0.23 298
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 452 0.25 320

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 517 0.28 360
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 570 0.30 390

Best

Samurai Meme was a mistake

Watched one of the lupin movies for the first time and it was great

>an aot marathon
>those ratings
At last I truly fear.

They're killing the block and there's nothing we can do but watch. This must be what it feels like to be a cuck.

>there were anons in these threads who seriously thought there wouldn't be a marathon next month just because July 4th is on a Tuesday.

I kept telling you all this would happen.

>forth of July weekend
>weekend
>4th is on Tuesday

Epic

Convince me, a low-life loser with nothing else to do on a saturday who sat through the one piece marathon and I dont like or watch one piece to stick around for the AoT marathon night.

I can't. There is zero justification for doing so. Stream some good anime during that time instead

I kinda want Toonami to die already, but I get the feeling this won't happen until FLCL2 has aired.

The closest weekend to the 4th becomes the Holiday weekend. How do you not get this?

This season of AoT is actually pretty good and we'll at least get to see the OP uncut for once, which is nice since it's a really good OP.

Are the days of 1 million in ratings over with (for now)?

As soon as they're able, they should shift Jack into 3am and see how that goes, but we're stuck with it there until at least August.

We already did with episode one

>for now

Likely forever. Pulling Jack of won't magically bring all those lost viewers back, and the lineup is generally dogshit. They finally get something good and throw it at 2am

>18-49 ratings jumped up when Hunter x Hunter came on
>Overall ratings only dropped 9k
I keep saying this, but HxH has excellent audience retention nearly every week. That's likely why it's remaining at 1:30.

That's really all we have left to look forward to. Nothing else on the table really. No prospects of the block growing, and no real signs they're going to pick up any requested shows either.

Yeah and now we get it again. One more time. Which is nice since they reference the chorus of the OP in the dialogue of the show later.

Yea, the dream of the block growing and airing good shows is pretty much dead

Part of the problem is Toonami's already exhausted its supply of good shows that are both available to them and would fit the block according to Demarco's arbitrary specifications. This has actually been the case for a while really. The pickings are very slim. Demarco I think was trying to bridge that gap by stuffing the block with reliable longrunning shows, but turned out those shows are only reliable as filler and can't carry the block alone. So he's back to square 1 and now has two choices: lower his standards or broaden his scope of what kind of anime are okay for Toonami.

To be honest I'd be fine with either option since there's plenty of less popular shows that would fit this block that are passed over simply because they have no hype and no established fanbase.

>PIIIEEECE OF SHHEEEET RAAAAIIINAAAAHHHH
>GRRRRRAAAAAHHHH ASSSSSHHHOOOLLL DIIIIEEEEEE

Jesus Christ and this was the hottest anime going four years ago

I wan to murder this man! I want to murder him NOW!

It's still very hot in Japan but western fans are fickle and constantly jump around.

How long do you think Toonami has if it keeps but this atrocious ratings.

What is the source for the ratings info?

If they decide to cancel they will give it til the end of this year at the soonest. Else they will wait til FLCL airs to see if can revitalize the block (it won't).

The main issue is Demarco shutting down good shows. There is plenty of stuff out there that fits the blocks criteria. But it doesn't fit Demarco's personal criteria so we don't get them.

Pretty much guaranteed we will see some kind of cut before the year ends. That will instigate a panic that will boost numbers for awhile.

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE!

Weekly reminder to report this faggot for spam

programming insider

He's right though.

>Pluto is (possibly) finally getting an anime adaptation
>Toonami won't live long enough to air it
Life is cruel.

Looks like shit anyways

that's me

On saturdays most bars close at 1:00 in my area so I usually get home by the time its on and watch it. Its also the only thing I would watch anyway because Jack is over, I watch the super subs on sundays and one piece ended a few months ago.

Nintendo saved E3

cant wait for Demarco to bitch about it

I'm really starting to think Lazzo went up to Demarco and said "Alright you can keep 11 on the block, but it HAS to be Jack, if you refuse, you lose the slot"

Which if true just confirms Demarco is a retard who didn't learn from the last time they tried this

Are you just saying that just from the poster or have you see the manga it's based on?
Because Pluto is a modern masterpiece.

BUT THEN WHO WAS FLCL

Do I have to watch the previous Parts of Lupin to get Part 4?

The poster. Those designs look awful, couldn't waifu someone with that character design if I tried

Nah man it's like scooby doo. Those meddling thieves get into different antics every episode and it never matters outside of that

Does that give him the right to shitpost? No, it doesn't.

Faggot-ass mods need to stop protesting trump and do their fucking jobs

>being excited for literally what when there's a poptetepic anime coming out

How is that shitpost? One Piece is Toonami. It's got Nami right there in the name.

No, each series reboots from scratch and episodes are self contained stories. You can not only start with any of the series but start with almost any episode. Blue Jacket/Series 4, the one we have on Toonami, does have more continuity between episodes than is usual for a Lupin III series, and it also doesn't hop around from country to country like Lupin series normally do, it's all set in the same small country. But for all that it's still largely episodic with self contained episodes, only a few multi-parters if I remember correctly.

There's only a like 5 or 6 recurring characters in the franchise and the rest are just stand-ins, but Blue Jacket again has a few more recurring characters than normal due to staying in one place for the entire series.

Why not be excited for both?

hey alright thanks for input

>barely improved ratings
>Attack of Ratings marathon in 3 weeks
folks I am actually worried at the state of toonami now

>Demarco gets world dub premiere and near world premiere AoT and ratings go in the toilet
>Demarco gets "requested" Tokyo Ghoul and it flops
>Demarco gets also "requested" Lupin and immediately dumps it at 2am likely anticipating another ratings black hole

So what exactly is Demarco supposed to do here at this point? It seems that everything he tries just makes it worse

>Toonami ratings keep sinking and sinking
>One Piece book sales increasing every day

Pottery

So even you agree the anime sucks

Where's that picture of DeMarco with the text saying "you could have stopped this"?

The danger of chasing fads is you have to strike at the exact right moment to capitalize on hype. AoT's hype is dead in the west and there's nothing you can do about that. Tokyo Ghoul is too late to cash in at all. And I'm not sure who requested Lupin III but it seems like another Gundam fiasco of a small but vocal minority requesting something out of nostalgia and then getting something new from the same franchise that they didn't have any interest in. The people who bitched and moaned about gundam don't care about gundam, they just wanted more nostalgia from G/Wing Gundam on the block. Same deal with Lupin III I bet. They were probably hoping for red jacket. Too bad, you get the new blue jacket, which while good isn't what they wanted and I bet they won't even tune in to it.

I think they'd be better off just picking shows they think are good rather than trying to cater to fans. They didn't consult any fans when they got Dimension W and it did pretty great despite being overall mediocre. Just shows the fans don't know what they want.

>The people who bitched and moaned about gundam don't care about gundam, they just wanted more nostalgia from G/Wing Gundam on the block.

Ugh. At least G Gundam is fun. Wing doesn't hold up whatsoever. Unicorn is exponentially better than Wing. Wing's only advantages are nostalgia and standing on its own with its own continuity.

Did great cause it had these robot titties

>I think they'd be better off just picking shows they think are good rather than trying to cater to fans.

I agree, but only slightly. They need to stop listening to the wrong fans (i.e., people who use too many exclamation points), and so often. Measure the responses accordingly and then see what can fit in to the block when time and funds allow.

Moderation is what the block really needs. I mean, it's hard to accuse the fans of being too fickle when the showrunner himself turned down Panty and Stocking simply because he wasn't a fan of it.

I want to see all of my jojos aired on toonami.

GTFO moefag, this masterpiece isn't for plebian like you anyway.

Yea I'd like to see the dub, it's been so long since part 2 on toonami tho

>Pointless marathon for little reason other than the 4th happening near it
>Of one of, if not the most burnt out flavor of the month shows on the block
What the fuck did he mean by this?

Give examples.

How to save Toonami: Remove the "action" rule, and have more people have a final say on the anime they pick. Demarco treating Toonami has his personal MAL is slowly killing the block.

There are plenty of anime that barely have any action that can fit the block. It's time to move on.

Names of those anime?

Why does he do stupid shit like this?

>dbz kai beat super

Fuck, Pluto is going to be 6 long episodes, assuming 45 minutes each, so if Toonami would need whole hour for it.

So how can DeMarco see more worth in fucking marathons than movies?

>it's been so long since part 2 on toonami tho
It's only been two months.

Those 2 months feel like a year to me, jojo is the only show on toonami since space dandy to resonate with me that much

Face it, you miss her.

I think he mentioned it doesn't cost them extra money to air a marathon, while it does to run a movie.

I don't specifically miss Ryuko or Kill la Kill, they had their time. What I do miss is that feeling of having something to look forward to every week.

A little bit. Her show was fun but its ran its course. If she ever got a season two then I'd be all for it.

Nanoha
Dog Days
Precure

Hey, at least we're getting a new Lupin III series on air. I'll tune in for it, and as much as I love Lupin, I doubt it'll be a smash hit.

Then again, in 2014, arguably Toonami's peak year, my favorite show that year was Black Lagoon, a nearly decade-old mid-card show that everyone else seemed to ignore being on Toonami.

Lupin airing at 2 in the goddamn morning is the thing that's going to hurt it the most. I really don't know why they don't throw Jack to the back of the block and give Lupin a real chance at success.

Pretty much this

This

Nope. Her sister on the other hand...

I stopped watching toonami when they took One Piece off air, has anything noteworthy happened?

I had a similar deal with Parasyte. I loved that anime and was psyched to see it on Toonami even if the dub was meh, but hardly anyone seemed to pay it any attention or get its appeal.

Marathons cost him nothing to run and let him stretch out the shows he has that much longer.

No they just need to stop listening to fans period.

She was a slut for her mom though

>nobody cared about Parasyte

What the fuck are you talking about? It was one of the most well received shows here during its time period on the block

>The One Piece anime su-
youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0zK_EUc-4

What'd be a good Lupiin Games to do?

I know the conotations. I know it'd probably end in death and the very least a melted dick, but I'd love a titjob or blowjob from big mom.

every time you get a boner or feel uncomfortable, drink.

I'm pretty sure we'd all fuck Big Mom.

>It's still very hot in Japan
Then why is season 2 selling considerable worse than season 1 that a shitty fansevice loli show is going to outsell it?

Criminals? I don't think Lupin has a big enough cast for a straight Lupin game

How long do you think Big Mam's scream will last?
5-7 episodes?

They just changed a meme show for another, that's the fate of all memenimes.