Why is this trope so common in cartoons?

Why is this trope so common in cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-2_OstpR5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's an easy way to create drama

Love dodecahedrons make for some easy drama and/or sexual tension.

Because it makes you feel like there's someone out there who does love you even if you don't know it. It's common because people latch onto it because they have no hope of finding love so they have to resort to hoping that someone out there loves them when in reality no one does and they're going to die alone.

If you're asking why there's always a complicated tangle of love interests, it's because it makes for an easy well for the writers to go back to whenever they need a cheap plot.

If you're wondering why it's always "The Sexy Homecoming Queen is too obsessed with the Dickbag Jock to notice the Sensitive Nerd, who himself doesn't realize the Cute Girl Next Door has feelings for him", most writers were unpopular in high school and never got over it.

The fact that this isn't properly arranged in the image is infuriating.

Is there just a constant train of uglier and uglier people liking the next one in line?

>hot girl wants bad boy
>nerd wants hot girl
>ugly girl wants nerd

This isn't a trope.
It's life.

Yeah
Just like reality

Except it doesn't go far enough where the bottom people just give up and settle for each other.

Everybody knows fully cyclical love triangles are far superior.

>Picture doesn't end revealing that the chad from 1st panel likes the shy girl from 3rd and thus the whole situation comes full circle
I can swear I saw an image with the same premise ending that way, I'm just not sure if it was specifically this one.

>Using cheap cliches means the writer clearly has unresolved issues
Nah they're just cheap cliches with obvious reasoning. Quit projecting user.

You're thinking of the Humon one
And it's unrealistic and just a tumblrbitch fantasy

Why would a Chad want a fat cow?

>Ugly girl wants the nerd
Nah Ugly girl wants Chad too.

Because it's something that actually happens, except it just gets uglier and uglier the further you go

Of course
But she's smart enough to lower her standards

>Isaia went full Tumblr

shame

No the Queen is obsessed with Dickbag "Star QB" Chad because he's usually handsome and cool. Girls are usually attracted to guys that are attractive and confident in themselves. Usually the 'nerd' can't work up the nerve to even talk to the girl he likes he just stares at her weirdly and acts like a total spaz. These stereotypes are more or less true, especially in middle and high school, but there can be more than that. It's just more of these characters are, at best, 2 dimensional (Or are children) so we never really dive deep into the relationships.

I...feel retarded, but wasn't the topknot a royalty thing for the Fire Nation? I don't recall any regular soldiers or people with it.

I want this

I am amazed this actually exists.

>Humon one
I'll look it up

>And it's unrealistic and just a tumblrbitch fantasy, Why would a Chad want a fat cow?
Dunno, I just felt like I had seen it somewhere else before

>avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Top-knot
Ah, thanks. I knew it was FN but I thought it was royalty exclusive. Thanks, yo.

you could build a fairly amusing season long farce arc using that scenario, each ep presenting each characters' scheme to win their targets love and the how it breaks down from the plans colliding.
and then they all find happiness with other people introduced at the last moment of the final ep because shippers NEED to suffer for their sins.

because comic artists are retarded and lack any skill to make a good story.

Usually the pretty girl character the geek MC is into doesn't really show much interest in other guys, or is actually already dating a guy.

So OP's pic seems off.

Thread should have ended here.

Writer self insert.

>Why would a Chad want a fat cow?

Cause it's his fetish.

Because we all like to think someone secretly crushes on us.

>you could build a fairly amusing season long farce arc using that scenario, each ep presenting each characters' scheme to win their targets love and the how it breaks down from the plans colliding

It is Sup Forums, but that was basically the plot of School Rumble.

Seems like she's making out that he's an insecure pseudo-chad, I guess.

Moral of the story is: Be a bitchy bimbo, you'll always be happy

>PC mouse
>Console controller
Found your problem

Why does Chad want that frumpy cow's attention though?

blonde nerd is qt

And bitches say Sup Forums is homophobic. That would be cute, especially if the "bad boy" just dressed that way because he liked it.

Chad is secretly a new found nerd who has discovered anime and by extension how cute some anime fan girls are and look. He might assume "She looks nerdy, she might like the thingy!"

>tan lean guy ends up having crush on small chubby asian qt
Cute as fuck.

>memecreatorapp.com

fixed it

You forgot the part whee broski is gay for froyo

>no one gets anyone in the end and everyone suffers
Why isn't this a common trope?

sorry but love triangles with only 2 people are the best

(You)

The chad turned gay from too much exposition to Sup Forums

yes yes YES!

youtube.com/watch?v=z-2_OstpR5c

bitchy bimbo here. can confirm.

This image imply that nerdy girls prefer nerdy shy guys while in reality both of those girls would want a muscular alpha chad.

why'd you not post the full image?

Because that's how it works in real life? Especially with teenagers who only care about who they want, and get focuses ignoring each others outside of their target

I liked our ending better

Ah, hello darkness my old friend.

So if Britney wants to spend time with Zayn she has to front it through getting Diego some babySSitting time with Toph, but if she wants Toph's to agree and invite her over she needs to get her with Milo J Thatch, who wants to Justin Timberlake Britney.

that sounds tedious. just give em all some molly and let 'em have a big ol' fuck pile

Universal party starter.

>people who find """love""" don't die alone