Unsounded

Darkest paul taking out the trash

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Alderode#The_Castes
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well shit, I was just starting to like Bastion

Now would be a good time for that "totally impossible teleportation" thing.

In fact I would have led with that, to gain spellcasting distance.

He's not dying anytime soon. No way Ashley would kill off her husbando this early on.

He revived Dwayne, he has to stick around for a while yet.

>In fact I would have led with that, to gain spellcasting distance.
As a Jet, Bastion's range is practically nonexistent.

Well Paul, you're not long for the world now.

Were those skeletons glamoured as skeletons while actually being more wrights, or is 'transform into a wright-bot' just a defense mechanism ex-heads of the Black Tongues can do?

Bastion's a bitch boy

...the hell are you talking about? Ballanstern's skeleton is still sitting in the chair, and those guys in the last panel are just more Black Tongues dropping down through the ceiling

>If you're not with us, you're against us

Gee, Tittybird, are we the bad guys?

Well, so much for my idea that Bastion's a total beast who can solo the rest of the Black Tongues.

I guess this also means that if he ever had to actually fight Duane he'd get his ass reamed.

So

His clothes are a glamour, right?
Like, that's why he can thwip around like he does

Glamours don't work if you know they're there, and all the Blacktongues know about Winalils' schtick

So, the question here is, are we supposed to take this fight seriously when we know that they're all getting a distracting eyeful of his floppy, terror-shrunk schween?

>Glamours don't work if you know they're there, and all the Blacktongues know about Winalils' schtick
Perceptive glamours don't, but Bastion's imaginary clothes are literal ones. The only one around who can see his true nakenedness is Ruck.

Well Duane IS the greatest write of his generation.

I thought they were replacing the skellies we saw hanging from the ceiling before.

That explains why he was so...touchy

Lewd

is there like a wiki I can check to tell me what the different hair colors gimmicks are

Fuck, I read that in his voice

>write
>write
>write

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Alderode#The_Castes

The skeletons were floating outside, not in the room. Also, all the skeletons are former Black Tongue leaders.

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Main_Page
But here's a quick rundown:
>Coppers have 400 year lifespans but almost no Pymaric ability and a tendency towards madness at extreme age
>Jets have 200 year lifespans and shit Pymaric range (Bastion's range is short enough that he has to be touching something to cast on it)
>Bronzes have normal, if somewhat flukey, lifespans and abilities
>Silvers have 50 year lifespans and increased Pymaric range and ability
>Plats have 30 year lifespans but extraordinary range and ability (in an recent ask, Ashley said that only Plats have the range necessary to manipulate weather)
>Golds are descended from the native Tainish people (the inventors of Pymary), and are for reasons unknown completely immune to the odd effects of the Dammakhert

>The only one around who can see his true nakenedness
Matty could probably also see through it since he uses a pymeric to see... which raises other concerns

>"That's not a weapon, Darkest!"
>Literally a sword

What the fuck is that guy's definition of weapon?

wat

Any bets on what Paul's new toy is?"

A from the look of it it's a lightsaber or something

Maybe some kind of looped spell that causes it to be a self sustaining sharpness aspect. A forever sharp, bladeless cutting vector

Or some kind of stupid thing, the BTs have been really scraping the bottom of the barrel with their inventions recently.

If it's supposed to not be a weapon I'd guess it's either a ritualistic or surgical blade. Them balls don't chop themselves off.

No clue on the glowy bits. Sharpness or maybe heat aspect? Or maybe even just light if it is a surgical tool?

>looped spell that causes it to be a self sustaining sharpness aspect
Japanese first steel, folded one thousand times

It looks kind of like a ribbon or cloth of some sort, not a blade

Is Darkest Paul gonna shiv a bitch with some ball cutting knife?
I take back 70% of the laughter I enjoyed at your expense.
Kinda Metal to be quite honest.

I guess there's not much point in actually carrying a sword as a wright, since you can just make anything you're holding just as sharp.

>M'M'M going full-blown autism again in the comments

Does Darkest Paul even have any idea what's going on? He just walked in on Bastion quitting the Black Tongues completely while bearing a grudge. If Darkest is in on the "Crescian" take-over then why even bother putting on such a show for the patrons whose funding has already been rendered unnecessary.

Maybe he's aware of the plan and doesn't like it one bit, so he's trying to keep the ship afloat without resorting to going political. (Though given his monobrow tattoo he must like the idea of switching to a snake theme).

Or maybe he knows they'll have to swap to snake regardless and he just can't resist the true calling of his Sharteshanian blood: parting fools from their money.

He's a Sharte? For whatever reason I thought he was a light-skinned Crescian

>His real name’s Tarpaulin Targellery, a very salty Sharteshanian moniker he was eager to put behind him.

I guess having a Sharte name doesn't necessarily mean he's Sharteshanian, but A) the only things we've seen him do are swindle and attempt murder, and B) he willingly named himself Darkest Paul.

Odds are pretty clearly in favor.

I suddenly understand why Jets are only considered useful for theoretical pymary. Bastion must really rely on his teleportation.

You understand how OP Duane is the more wrights you see duel in this comic.

>Sharte

I need to make a post about how immaturely funny I've always found this and STILL find it.

People from Cresce are Crescians. People from Alderode are Alds. People from Sharteshane are poop-farts. This makes me giggle like a stupid middle schooler.

And here last thread, it felt like.

For one thing I'm not sure you can quit the Blacktongues. For second even if he is on the Crescian side or isn't on a side they can't really afford to let Bastion just wander off and potentially ruin their plans and them as an organisation.

Paul said he was the newest member of the Blacktongues too, so I can understand him being pissed at an older established (famous, even) member shit-talking the whole deal and Bastion probably seems like a good scalp for him to take to prove himself.

>I suddenly understand why Jets are only considered useful for theoretical pymary.
Just imagine how bad Coppers have it in that regard.

And instead he took fucking "Darkest Paul" as his name
I'm not sure if this guy should trust his own judgement

IIRC Coppers aren't considered useful for pymary at all.

That said this could be a hint to how the lifespan thing works.

t. mildly somber Paul

Come to think of it, I really hope Ashley will expand on the other countries on Kasslyne.
As of now, only Cresce (how do you pronounce it? 'Cres-ke' or 'Cresse'?) and Alderode are of any importance, with Sharteshane having a minor role in comparison.

The only other country that we saw is Ulestry. Which only really served as a vehicle to introduce Cresce, both as how odd the culture is and for Duane's meltdown when he finds out where he is. We never really expanded on it except for them being the pacifist bitch of Cresce. The wiki got some info, but I don't recall any of it being said in the comic.

Come to think of it, were any of the other countries ever even named in the comic? Most don't even have a wiki page

I think we're gonna see some crazy pymary shit within the next few pages. Remember, when Bastion was being all flirty with the silver haired lady she mentioned his breath was cold. Only kind of person I can think of with cold breath would be a corpse. Wild guess is thats a plod he's got a glamor on and is controlling through through some means. Though him being a jet might put that theory to pot, unless hes worked out how to extend his pymary range.

The "your breath is cold" must be a hint to something. We know how much foreshadowing Bastion and even Ruck apparently had, even in the smallest details.

Either he's a perfected version of his work on Duane, or you're on to something

>Come to think of it, were any of the other countries ever even named in the comic? Most don't even have a wiki page
There's a map of the entire continent floating around on the wiki somewhere.

The only character of any importance not from one of the major countries thus far was Turas, who was from Madishane. The folks there are black people with asian-type hair.

>There's a map of the entire continent floating around on the wiki somewhere.
I know, which is when I realised how much else there is beside the 4 countries we've seen.
I believe there was also a page in the comic where a map was shown

>The only character of any importance not from one of the major countries thus far was Turas, who was from Madishane.
Huh, never knew.

Most of the matriarchal Gefendur countries are client states of Cresce.

Was this said on the tumblr somewhere? I don't recall it being mentioned in the comic, barring Ulestry

She still has at least two different husbandos besides him. She'll be fine.

>terror-shrunk schween?
what if terror is his kink

RIP Maur, he was best stepdad

You mean his raging hard fear-boner

There.

I'm aware of the map, I'm saying that they have not been expanded upon or sometimes not even named in the comic

I doubt we'll see much of the other countries in the main story, but maybe when she finishes Unsounded she can work on expanding the wiki or make an atlas and sell it before she starts her next project.

Ulestry is the holy land of Kasslyne with a theocratic government ruled by a lady Dalai Lama.

West Manilda and New Arlit have parrot-sustaining rain forests.

Hanret is a highly repressive North Korea expy, and Rachshane is ITS bitch.

That's not really uncommon for high fantasy stories. The author usually creates tons of stuff for background flavor, might even have whole histories written up for everything, but the actual story only skims the surface and mentions stuff only in passing. If you're lucky the author publishes a kind of bible or encyclopedia that goes into detail about everything, if not then you're just left wondering.

You're quite right, although the reason is somewhat jars me is that Duane and Sette passed through Madishane and Ulestry. We know little of the latter, and absolutely nothing of the former. It's not important for the story in the slightest, but it does leave the reader wondering.

Hell, we don't even know anything about Sharteshane other than that it's a place full or cunts, although it's relatively important to the story. Although I expect it'll get more exposition when Sette's daddy gets back into the picture

We don't know much about how Sharteshane looks or its customs but we know a lot about its political situation and power structure just from the glimpses we've got into Nary's criminal empire.

Sette and Duane were barely relevant side characters in her original tellings of these stories. I imagine that ten years down the line we might be somewhere other than one of the countries we've heard about so far.

>Sette and Duane were barely relevant side characters in her original tellings of these stories.
Can these be read somewhere?

I don't even want to imagine a world where BestDad isn't a main character

No. Ashley nuked them and very little of it survives. The world of Unsounded has had multiple incarnations. It started as freeform roleplay on a forum (this still exists last I checked, I remember seeing a link on her formspring way back in the day and reading a bit of it) and then she put the characters into stories and webcomics, all of which she destroyed.

But why?

Maybe she's re-using parts of the plot and doesn't want it spoiled

Partly to prevent spoilers, partly dissatisfaction, partly to start over. She's an artist/writer, it's what they do.

Pretty sure most of the only spoilers would be in terms of the characters and their day to day lives but I could be wrong. Should ask to see a picture of Tanners, that was the prior incarnation. I don't know if she has many of the pages left herself but it's worth a shot.

Fair enough
Hope she'll release stuff once it's finished
It'd be fun to read through

is he /ourpal/?
>comes up with a badass name like Darkest Paul all on his own
>doesn't need any ladybirds inspiring him to keep shit running
>rejects tyrant states and tyrant churches, championing the mind that is free
>comprehends that patrons must sometimes be kept in the dark for their own self-interest
>dresses respectably in appropriate attire, not in corsets like a courtesan
>impeccable fashion sense with trendy snake-eyes-tattoo, recognizes that bird-themes are so last year
>intuitive ability of coming up with practical applications for brand new phymarics, like turning a new experiment into a weapon
>understands that if you're not with us, you're
>isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, instinctively knowing when to give a practical demonstration to a customer about to leave

t. dorkest pole

>shit tier black tongues falling for the "muh peace muh secular enlightenment"
Just in case people were getting any funny ideas because of the crazy religions so far in this comic.

>Darkest "The Sharte for the Part" Paul
>Darkest "Bird tits get Snake Bit" Paul
>Darkest "Better Bald than Ald" Paul
>Darkest "Silver Wife, not on your life" Paul
>Darkest "If you're not with us, you're" Paul

>A from the look of it it's a lightsaber or something
Darthest Maul confirmed

He's /ourpaul/

It's a knife. A tool.

There was a country mentioned in one of the old "ask Duane and Sette" answers that apparently eschews pymary entirely for the natural sciences. I kinda wanna see that place, and hope it still spawned at least one black tongue.

Imagine what a wright could do with basic knowledge of chemistry.

Ruck had foreshadowing?

Is this the first time the 'Black Tongues get castrated' thing is mentioned in the comic itself? I can't recall other instances.

Most wrights DO have that though. At least based on what we saw of Alderodes school system.

The physical sciences are very much studied and understood by wrights in Unsounded.

That made me laugh harder than it should have.

>understands that if you're not with us, you're

The plot's shit hit the fan a year ago and is continuing to feed directly into it.

Paul is the wokest of the Blacktongues

He sees the future, and it is snek

>>understands that if you're not with us, you're

We're gonna get a scene this chapter where the Queen's sister is meeting with the shit fart king.

oh that's where we'll finally get to meet Nary? it's been moved to next chapter though

I don't give a fuck about them I just want more fish witch titty

Dem tiddies will just make it harder to post on the New England Puritan colony that is Sup Forums

Remember, no sinful comics about bare anatomy or inhuman beasts are permitted, the bible says so.

Tits are fine now if it's in the source material, tiny island turbo moot changed the rules

Paul could definitely use a new scalp, his is all used up

The jannies going hard at the fanservice comic thread says you're wrong.

Pretty sure it was just hinting at effects of whatever the hell Delicious force fed him in that flashback.