Why do people hate Carol now even though 1 of the like, 3, decent comics she's had came after she became Captain Marvel?

Why do people hate Carol now even though 1 of the like, 3, decent comics she's had came after she became Captain Marvel?

It's just a bandwagon of Sup Forums hating anything to do with women

I'm super confused why everyone was against her in Civil War 2, sure her tactics didn't have much nuance but she just wanted to stop innocent civilians from evil, like Thanos and shit
I was totally on her side
oops like one or two innocent people are jailed, but that's literately just like the real world, nbd
also its cool that she kinda has a team in Alpha Flight but wish it was more of a ragtag cosmic thing, like a new Marvel Team-Up where she had mini-arcs with Quasar, Starbrand, other not often used space people, etc... and just have fun badass adventures
also the entire thing with Roades was retarded and I like him a lot, just it was hamfisted as fuck
have her tighten her friendship with Wanda would be nice
and I like her being overprotective over her little Jess

Roman Reigns effect. The harder something gets pushed the more people will push back even if he's a good guy who puts on great matches.

the more people hate her, more I sympathize with her
it's like Sam Alexander
can't help for feel for a kid with the whole universe against them

>Ugly costume
>Ugly Hair 80% of the time
>Not the Carol we knew
>Stripped of everything that made her who she was.
>Can do no wrong
>Yaas Queen

The thing with her was I assume marvel wanted her to fit the good little soldier role as not many hero's have the background. Gives her an excuse to be a bootlicker

>Ugly costume
It's ok.

>Ugly Hair 80% of the time
I'll give you that.

>Not the Carol we knew
>Stripped of everything that made her who she was.
In what way?

>Can do no wrong
At least 80% of CWII and its tie-ins was shitting on her.

>Yaas Queen
Huh?

she's pushed. I didn't mind her during Reed's run, but when you push something down my throat while saying: LIKE HER LIKE HER LIKE HER LIKE HER LIKE HER WHY DON'T YOU LIKE HER ALREADY? YAAAASSS QUEEN SLAY! I can't but start hating her.

tl;dr: blame ike the kikie

>Huh?
Actual Marvel advertisement

ALL FOR REVENGE

>Huh?
It's something heterosexual white women imitating homosexual white men imitating heterosexual black women say. Roughly translated it means "this woman/drag queen is great".
It was put in the solicit to one of Carol's comics.

They weren't pushing her down your throat to like her. Her run didn't end with her getting everything right and not every tie in was brown nosing her.
I can hardly think of any run from any book that wasn't pushing an opinion as far as the story goes

>In what way?
Mind wiped or some shit, yet again, no longer an alcoholic and number of other defects have been erased as well. KSD just wiped the slate clean when they rebooted the character

Yeah. So what?

>It was put in the solicit to one of Carol's comics
Only place I've ever seen it is here on Sup Forums. Is it like that Bane meme?

Dyke body and dyke hair

try hard to be leader type wonder woman

Ever right after KSD has ignored that. The alcoholism was even brought up.

Reed's run was, like, barely decent anyway. I don't know why people act like its so great now.

A few noticeable threads within the first few days of its reveal and that was it.
Annoying as hell, just imagining someone actually saying it in a genuine fashion causes me physical discomfort

>or some shit,
So you don't even read comics? God fuck off.

>It was put in the solicit to one of Carol's comics.
specifically this one:

THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #1

MARGARET STOHL (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)
Cover by ELIZABETH TORQUE
The Greatest. That’s what they call her. Carol Danvers has been to the depths of outer space and back, but that still hasn’t prepared her for her newfound status of biggest super hero ever. Yaas, Queen! Danvers may not like the crown she’s wearing, but boy does it look good on her. Just watch out for the thorns it comes with—forces trying to take down everything Carol has built. Carol Danvers makes her triumphant return as the Mighty Captain Marvel! Written by celebrity writer Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures, Black Widow: Forever Red) and drawn by the artfully talented Ramon Rosanas (Ant-Man), this bold new take on Earth’s mightiest and favorite hero!

>Annoying as hell, just imagining someone actually saying it in a genuine fashion causes me physical discomfort
Sup Forums anons who, like you, were triggered by a solicit months ago are the only retards repeating it constantly. Do you have any idea how dumb this complaint is?

>carol

So a handful of people picked up a single aspect of something entirely unrelated to the actual character to push as one of the reasons why they don't like said character?

>people are bitching
>about a solicitation
>not even a page actually IN the comic
>a solicitation
>from 6 months ago

This

just delete the character Marvel

Actually John Oliver just reminded me of it on his show on sunday, I had managed to completely forget, until that British bastard reminded me of it.

And then introduced me to the rightful ruler of England Lord Buckethead.

Poor baby

Is this thread intended to do damage control because of how badly reception was for CW2 and toward Carol?

Sort of, I guess.

They'll take any fuel they can get to add to the fire they started

Carol Corps, assemble! Shills do your thing!

>its just a character with pretty much no redeaming qualities. And whos biggest recent arc was to minority report so hard, it became satire. And we are somehow supposed to side with her.

For christs sake Tony was more justified in his actions than her, and hes been written as an insufferable prick for the last 3 years only beinf passed up by Cyclop and his amazing bipolat melt down of killing charles because the writers couldnt figure out what to do with him.

>lets blame the Sup Forumsgieman because clearly recognizing basic writing flaws that even stephanie meyers would say is weak just can't happen.

>Implying Cyclops was wrong.

>not reading comics to know 3 different writers all had him from admittimg chsrles death was his fault, blaming others or saying it was good

Cyclops was wrong, he didnt kill enough.

>Tony was more justified in his actions than her

Tony's actions were based entirely on his feelings for most of the run

Oh yeah, and shacking up with Rhodey and almost getting an entire team of mid tear avengers killed didn't affect Carols ability to think logically at all...

Tony was doing what any rational minded person would do, questioning a fortune teller, and not trusting a gas mutant.

Gas mutant saved millions of lives. Tony saved his hurt feelings and those of a few future criminals

This and she only has a little good to help her. This shit reminds me of Scott summers where the writers wanted you to hate him. But they could never write the story to make you feel that way so eventually they just had the charecters tell you to hate him instead.

Also they changed her too much. The hair costume colors body name. I just don't want to invest in a new carol. They could have changed half of that but all just males her feel alien.

Also Marvel hasn't had talent for awhile so there's not much to like.

But the whole universe is for her. Haven't you seen the characters say she is the most popular hero? You obviously need to ignore your own opinion when the characters say what you should feel.

WHEN

Have you ever had a friend who just wouldn't shut the fuck up about a show that you weren't really interested in watching? Like, maybe you'd have given it a chance if they didn't push it in your face 24/7 until you not only had less than zero interest in the show, but you also kind of started to resent your friend as a person for not getting a clue and toning it down when you didn't respond the first twenty times?

That friend is Marvel and that show is Carol Danvers. We get it. You want us to like her. You think she's great. I'm happy for you and your enthusiasm, but your dogged insistence has ruined any chance for me to get invested in this thing. All you needed to do was be a bit more casual about it rather than YAAAS QUEEEN all the time and maybe I'd have given it a chance, but this is the opposite of good marketing and I'm not going to reward it.

The reason it caught on is because it perfectly sums up everything we've been annoyed with in this push over the course of the last year or so. It's like Trump and "alternative facts." That the term came from one of his PR goons rather than the man himself and that it's a comparatively minor gaffe isn't what matters: It's that it encompasses everything else that's so annoying in a memorably succinct way.

>telling a holocaust survivor he's too paranoid over her surveillance and arrests based on visions

>Magnetofags

It's a combination of many things. Her writers have been sub-par with nonsensical plots that make her look like a gigantic piece of shit and you can read between the lines that she is being used with an agenda in mind (be it a commercial agenda, trying to make her Marvel's Wonder Woman, or a political one by tying writers like KSD to her books). Then we got another problem, she is being pushed by Marvel like she is the new sliced bread despite being a piece of shit for reasons already explained, which is also one of the reasons why her comics are not selling at all.

She is just not likable anymore. At least she used to be a somewhat sadistic battle crazy bitch, that deep down was trying to do the right thing. That was an interesting take on the character, but now she just can't do no wrong. Even Superman is wrong and makes mistakes more than once.

Fuck off tumblr. You dont have to be Sup Forums to hate this shitty character.

Based Spencer with his Keikaku Cap pretty much rendered her entire side wrong. That's why Bendis got pissed and made his OC(Miles) kill Cap.

And even then Spencer out planned Bendis. Cap pretty much wanted Miles to kill him for the Glory of Hydra... hell, he even lifted Whor's hammer.

They're salty DShits who hate the fact that no female DC character is as strong, elegant and developed character as Carol.

This but unironically.

Probably as a result of the standards for female led comics dropping at Marvel faster than a German to their knees.

Spencer used to be so Based. I dont know what the fuck happened to him with Secret Empire.

what really gets me is that if marvel can get the hint that nobody likes inhumans why can't they get the hint that nobody likes carol?

i know they want a wonder woman of their own for movies but they seriously couldn't the 3 or 4 they already introduced in the movies already?

the funny part is that with all the changes they made with carol they could've just made a completely original character.

Because they have shit taste. Carol's the best.

>Carol
>In a solo
Please don't lie.

Okay they Claremont one was approaching decent.

Serious answer is if they gave her long hair back, and returned her original physique, you'd probably get less bitching. Well slightly.

She was right but she was a major asshole about it.

she never had anything to be a leader much less the face of marvel.
I liked the 2006-2010 run. her character evolved into someone who stopped caring about having fame and just wanted to the right thing. this pretty during the War of the marvel story arc. Where Ms. Marvel personality got split from her. The normal Carol just wanted to live a quite life because she was full of everything going wrong because of her stupid decisions made solely to be The Boss. While the Ms. marvel personality even being a walking berserker cared more about saving people first and taking down osbourne. her fight against Moonstone was a really good one. Even during the lame final arc of Ms.maarvel vol 2 with mystique and the Marr-Vell clones she was starting use more her of her brain.
Now that she is Cap.Marvel she is doing the stupid decisions, don't have a single knowledge about leaderships, can't think of a strategy for shit, if someone is against her way of thinking she will get angry and try to arrest them without a second thought. she is never prepared for the worst because she thinks that killing or beating up stuff will work.
She is acting the same way she acted during Civil War I mixed with House of M

Part of the reason I dislike her is because of Carolfags like you. The "you are wrong if you dislike her" crowd. Are you fucking paid to say this shit?

All of her runs are subpar. All of them. I'm including Claremont here. I can honestly say that Snyder's Batman, with all its divisiveness, is better than anything ever made involving Carol Danvers. Everyone knows this is true, but some chose to don't accept it.

If she somehow was erased from comic books, nothing would be lost. No classic story would be lost, no influence in the medium would be lost, no good run would be lost. She is as D-lister as it can get.

The attempt to make her a big deal is blatant, and so is the lack of quality involving her. Here, this is the general reason people dislike her.

You can always convince yourself that she is great, all of her stories are classics and Brian Reed is just a pseudonym for Alan Moore. The majority of you Carolfags already do that. It won't convince anyone with a brain to like her.

>oops like one or two innocent people are jailed, but that's literately just like the real world, nbd
Yes, yes big deal. You don't send people to prison because there's a 10% chance that they'll break the law. That's not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

this thread is more successful than carol danvers will ever be.

This.