The art style was fucking perfect except for that dogshit joker

The art style was fucking perfect except for that dogshit joker

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ayb0PBbdbZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>except for
*especially

I liked it. The jester hair, the saw-teeth, the monkey kung fu... it's different, sure, but it works really well.

You mean riddler, right?

I didn't like it at first.
Then I saw the original comics Riddler design.

it the best black joker you nigger

I liked this show alot
and putting Scarface in a little tracksuit was my favorite change

This show was meant for children so the design works in that context. They only thing that bothered me about the show was martial arts master Penguin.

Marylin Manson was a brilliant Riddler

>That Episode where Freeze woke up and terrorized the future with no Bats.

Worst incarnation of Mr. Freeze

After Leto I look on this design a lot kinder

I liked the new take on it. He was more of a jester, and had more of a comedic focus than most Joker iterations around. The voice was surprisingly great too, considering it wasn't Hamill.

The real problem with the show is how hard it pulled its punches on all matters of violence and death. I know it's a cartoon, but it's painful watching them dance around the concept of dying all the fucking time. Kids know what death is, and they know bad people kill, it's fine to say the fucking words.

To be fair, it was aired around the time when kids shows were starting to get more heavily regulated. That being said there were still occasionally a few times where the show slipped in a clear "yeah nah this person would be dead if we could get away with it" moment. Take for example the moment where joker dropped clayface from several stories up after assuming he was a regular dude, hell, take the entirety of the batman v. Dracula movie.

>WAAAAHHH, why didn't they copy BTAS?

>Beware The Batman was going to go back to being a dark gritty Batman that didn't shy away from death, violence, and sexual innuendo
>had to get censored cause Cartoon Network

awkward censorship usually isn't the fault of the writers.

I know it wasn't the show's fault, but it still sucked to see the potential held back so much because of censorship. It probably feels especially bad because it came just a few years after Batman Beyond, which was pretty open with violence and sexual innuendo.

To be fair, they did still kill off a few characters and got away with some stuff because of the TV-PG rating.

That Joker really should have been part of the whole "there are 3 Jokers" thing DC is doing.

He would have really set himself apart from the others and give more justification to it.

Also, best Harley backstory and best Freeze design.

>the mad min actually put the body in the refrigerator
I can't believe that put in Green Lantern fan service.

>short ears
>lean build
>grey tights
>yellow circle around the bat symbol
>long draping cape
>blue highlights on said cape
This is literally the best Batman design outside of the comics.

>Things that were good in The Batman:
>Joker
>Clayface
>Yin
>Firefly
>Clock King
>Hugo Strange
>Black Mask
>Batgirl
>Harley Quinn as a quack talk show host
>Joker and Harley's relationship
>Dracula
>Pretty much every Villain's design
>Black Mask
>The Batmobile Designs
>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work
>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman
>Gadgets created for one episode reappearing in multiple others

>Firefly
If you ignore the episode where he got super powers.

I really liked how Firefly turned into Phosphorous.

The only villain I thought was outright bad was Scarface. What the fuck were they thinking?

Should have stuck with Brave and the Bold for a few more seasons.

I liked the Catwoman design from The Batman

I know they had some sort of mandate that every single character should be engaging in martial arts and flipping around and shit but they really should have made an exception for Penguin. Especially since they already introduced the kabuki twins as his bodyguards, which were perfectly capable of doing the flips and martial arts for him.

eh

While I had several problems with that version of Penguin (and the show in general), I didn't really mind him being some kind of martial arts master. I mean, for one, it's grounded in the idea that Oswald went through similar lengths to Bruce to strengthen himself, and the show played up the Cobblepot-Wayne connection.
And it was a decent throwback to the character's earlier appearences where he often engaged in physical action and clashed umbrellas with Batman.

>>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman

This is always something I enjoy when it comes to Batman.

I loved Joker's design. Could be because I didn't grow up with Batman heavily so I don't care but I thought him being more animalistic was a great move.
Also penguin best penguin.

>While I had several problems with that version of Penguin (and the show in general)
Care to elaborate on this?

The entire show was a throwback to old batman comics really.

It was starting to get stale near the end. Too much unironic Bat-wank. They should've kept Beware and Green Lantern around for another season or two.

I don't like his voice, his way of speaking and his dialogue. And when it comes to Penguin, the way he conducts himself and the way he talks is extremely important to who the character is, in any medium he's in. I like Tom Kenny in most roles but his Penguin just sounds like an evil Spongebob with generic evil dialogue. Compared to other, much better versions of Penguin like the one voiced by Paul Williams, or the ones played by Burgess Meredith and Danny Devito, he comes across as too uninspired and too flat. He's not terrible, he's just not engaging. He's not Troy Baker in a silly english accent, I'll give you that.
I also don't like his design. But that's really more of a problem I have with the way The Batman looks.
I don't think he's written well enough to capture my interest, either.

I do like several things about him, like a more expanded backstory and his background in having traveled to the Orient to pick up martial arts, which brings him closer to Bruce Wayne as well as pulp heroes. I like his gadgets, I like him being a more active character and I like that they played up the connection between the Cobblepots and the Waynes.

Hell, he's far from being the worst version of The Penguin. I respect that they actually did bother to try and add their own spin on the character.
But I don't think he's one of the better versions, either. He falls right down the middle for me

What about the show in general?

Penguin should've been a Bartisu master rather than flipping around

I really liked the relationship he had with Harley in this one. It wasn't over the top abuse and it seemed like they really got along.
>You little imp, I could never stay mad at you
>*Squeal*
youtube.com/watch?v=ayb0PBbdbZA

Btw what is the worst Batman animated?

Beware
Not bad, just mediocre

Beware I guess

>Iknowthatreference.png

Hated it at the time, and I was 100% wrong to hate it. This show had a lot of good stuff going for it, and that Joker was one of them.

Kevin Michael Richardson, wasn't it?

what they did with clayface was really really unique.

it wasnt quite TAS Freeze tier, but it was close.

>that zombie apocalypse episode
>D.A.V.E.
>Hugo Strange in general
>Hugo Strange's voice and weird speech patterns

Filmation Batman. Even by 70's standards, it was godawful.

Being honest? The Batman. It's a good cartoon by its own rights and I still enjoy it, but it probably had the sloppiest execution. The first couple of seasons were aggressively mediocre, with some hints of good episodes here and there. Season three was VERY hit and miss, season four was great, and season five was back to being dull. Despite all of the hype about doing things differently from other Batman shows, it didn't really. Most of the changes were kinda shallow. Also, some of the better characters like Yin, Jim Gordon, and Ethan Bennett were dropped too quickly, and I didn't care for the show's take on Joker and Penguin, who were pushed everywhere as opposed to other, more promising villains.

It does speak to how lucky the Batman brand is currently that even the weakest of its shows are still pretty good.

Every Batman cartoon is extremely uneven in terms of episode quality, so your criticism doesn't work.

Just because every Batman cartoon is uneven doesn't mean some aren't more uneven than others, so his criticism works perfectly fine.

Beware was pretty great overall, the focus on less popular villains was interesting and though I prefer a polite and civil Alfred this one was done pretty well for how different he was.

Hey if you ever wanna get annoyed look up the 2D concept art of that show. Here's the Joker.

It would have been the best looking batman if they didn't fuck up.

I love Glines's stuff, particularly in Justice League Action.

I think WB was pushing for a CGI show in general. There were a lot of other pitches around that time that also were going to be in CGI, like No Man's Land or a more toyetic one.

>Just because every Batman cartoon is uneven doesn't mean some aren't more uneven than others, so his criticism works perfectly fine.
Except that The Batman is the least uneven.

Is that caviar poop?