Venom #151 Storytime

Why do I get the feeling this is Costa trying to be witty and comment on his own experiences in Hollywood?

Wonder if this was planned all along or if this was redone after everyone got pissed at the end of #150.

There's not enough turn around for that. I didn't hate the issue, curious to see what everyone else is gonna say though.

They could change one page.

Whelp, the symbiote knows that Spidey trapping it was Eddie's idea. So were the solicitations just a misdirect?

If the priest was dead he wouldn't have gone to a hospital. It was clearly planned for him to live to set up the drama between Eddie and Venom and to set up this page where Eddie runs into a victim of the dinosaurs.

>no one noticed Venom dragging around a big dinosaur-man

Apparently Liz Allen employs Sherman Klump.

>I need that back

Lets just casually forget that the symbiote is losing its mass, though. The symbiote isn't going to even mention that it lost a piece of itself back at the hospital?

>tfw your student film becomes a snuff film

It wouldn't surprise me.

Guys come on, just have him cure cancer already!

Is Costa trying to make fun of Bendis speak or something?

Thanks, OP.

Um, does he no longer have 'Venom Sense' due to the symbiote being weak?

It still does:

I'm glad the Priest didn't die.

Why the fuck would Alchemax put their company name on the bodies of people they do experiments on?

Honestly? I thought it was a pretty good issue.

It addressed a couple of the problems I had with 150, like the Priest being dead and the symbiote knowing it was Eddie's plan.

I wonder if anything in this issue was changed at all. The solicit specifically said: "Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!" which seems to be tottally wrong for both of them now?
Maybe that's why we got no preview, because they were changing the dialogue.

Let's not forget, this plan was Stegron's long before it was Sauron's.

I mean, it's the best issue so far, but...it's still not that good.

>ywn get loved tenderly by Venom
Why live?

Yeah, saying its the best issue so far doesn't really mean much when ever issue before it has been shit.

>costume is terrible in this light
>in a poorly lit run down something
>no lighting set up
This guy doesnt know what he's talking about.

Good fucking point. Unless there was some branding thing going on that hasn't been explained.

Writing reasons is hard.

>YEEEEAAAAAA
Seems like an odd response, Ed

>Bendis Speak
Bendis isn't wrong think that people talk like that. Where Bendis is Wrong is think people talk like that ALL THE TIME.

Isn't Liz Allen one of Peter's old love interests?

Why am I getting major villain vibes from her?

She became villainous back in Superior Spider-Man.

She has hated Spider-Man for decades, user.

Well she gives me femdom boner and I want her to talk down to me while I lick her toe

>trex
>two arms
>five fingers
What. Does the "artist" doesn't even know basic shit like that?

>#151
So, what did they add together the numbers of each of the old Venom miniseries, ongoings & whatnot?

Yeah, they did. Where have you been? This is really old news.

>Stegron the Dinosaur Man wants to rule over the world and crush the mammals but has to fight Venom who is doing work for a hot as fuck Liz in a suit

This is most comic-booky comic I've seen in a long time and I love it.

I think Eddie just wants to avoid potential clones or something

And that excuses the symbiote from just not telling Eddie that it suddenly is losing mass for no explicable reason... how?

I've never seen venom just glue himself together
Ether way I missed that part I guess

>I've never seen venom just glue himself together
Wut?

So this Dr. Steve guy is TOTALLY not going to be a villain, nope, nothing tells me that this guy will end up being a total twat who somehow has an evil plot!

He's the Nutty Professor. He's going to use the symbiote to let out his evil inner thing guy.

He's the Nutty Professor. He's going to use the symbiote to let out his evil inner thin guy.

>"You told Spider-Man to trap me!"
>"But I still hate Spider-Man because... reasons!"

Sauron was working with Stegron in that comic. It was still Stegron's idea there.

Sure was considerate of Alchemax to label their work.

>Sherman Klump

Is this the "But I don't want to cure cancer. I want to turn people into dinosaurs!" guy?

No. That's Sauron.

Why does Liz look so evil?

Ah, alright.

Doesn't everyone who works for Alchemax look evil?

...because she's evil?

>the stylish art was only for 1 issue
the fuck man?

Cause it's really....
Hot

>What are guest artists?

How new are you?

To be fair, shit like that is par for the course in the Marvel Universe. People probably noticed, but handwaved it, as usual.

>Oh it's that black guy
>Is he a mutant?
>Doesn't that guy with a skull wear black? Are they the same guy?
One could expect some similar dialogue

Marvel citizens are utter retards, it's practically tradition at this point

I just didn't expect only one issue. I hope he comes back, really loved the way he makes Venom transform.

Marvel citizens know who Venom is. Go read some of the earlier 90s comics with Eddie. It was common knowledge until writers just flat out forgot or stopped caring.

Well, no but Stegron's the original guy who wanted to turn people into dinosaurs, during the Spider-Man/X men thing, he just convinced Sauron to join him.

He was in the middle of saying something that most likely started with a "Ye" sound and just screamed AAAAA in pain at the end instead.

Not a hard thing to figure out, user.

They should know who he is and might when it serves the plot, Marvel citizens are idiots though. They have the memory of goldfish. Tons of instances of A listers just being "oh that one guy"

>Marvel citizens are idiots though
When they're written by writers post-2002ish, sure.