Star vs the squad

Will they actually be all together in some episodes, or are they just showing "these are the important teens, so stop asking about Jackie"?

STARCO IS CUTE AND PERFECT!

CUTE AND PERFECT!

I've been away for too long. When did we get a clear image of the new intro group shot?

I'm not a hobo, and that's not gravy.

intro was released officially by disney

Thanks for the best beginning of the thread.

Jackie will save Marco at the mid-season finale, revealing she's a mermaid

Bye Jackie

Source?

S3E1 "Jackie Fucking Kills Herself"

Last thread

>Kelly has a huge sword
>She'll never be able to use her sword because it's a kids show despite only tumblrinas and neckbeards follow it.

This is the squad that does the fighting off-Earth.

There will be episodes with the other characters.

E.g. Nefcy confirmed in the Meet & Greet that we'd get more Ferguson and Alfonso, despite them not being in the opening either.

Reminder that every coming-to-age narrative with a fantasy setting end with the normalfag choosing to go back to his/her mundane life and leaving all the magic behind as an allegory of leaving the childish things behind and growing up

>Will they actually be all together in some episodes
I doubt it

That's what you think, faggot!

>Kelly gets to be in the intro
>Despite being in like 2 episodes and being silent for the majority of one of those
I'm not even a Jackie fag but Kelly just seemed like a shitty one-off character.

I can see maybe 1 or 2 episodes where they are actually all in it, just for a HEY IT'S JUST LIKE THE INTRO moment. All but Tom were in Starcrushed at the same time, though they didn't all interact with each other.

but I really don't see the show shifting so much that it's not mainly Star and Marco doing their thing for the majority

She might play a more important role just like Mina

People use weapons all the time in this.

That's every coming-to-age narrative with a fantasy setting.

When was the last time Star break a head with that thing? Because that's its function

Why the fuck is "where's Jackie" the only thing people seem to have taken away from this?

It will definitely happen in the season finale. Maybe they'll even parody the money shot scene in Avengers. There is 6 of them after all.

"And Tom..."
"??"
"Burn"
"[smirk]

It isn't, people also are talking about Marcos cape, Eclipsa, Kelly's future role, etc.

It's just a noticeable absence when all the other major teens are there

It's the most important part because shipping

Why do they end with that so often?

Good riddance

Fucking Gravity Falls

Because the fandom is full of super salty starcofags who are working off their traumas from all the cuckposting through shitting on jackie and baiting jackiefags

Before late capitalism, being an adult was a big deal. Fables are a way to teach morals and an important moral is to leave childhood behind

>"Of course Star and Marco will end up together, that's how these stories always go"
>"Star and Marco will leave at the end, that's how these stories always go"
Getting real sick of your shit

This is Star's coming-of-age story, there's no fantasy vs reality theme at all. Earth and Mewni are just two different places, each with their own wonders and own problems. Star's magic isn't even commented on by regular people specifically because the show has no interest in dealing with that issue.
For Star, escapism is just hanging out with Marco. Being responsible means accepting that she's going to be the next Queen. And she's going to need her King.

Have you considered
that most people like both Star and Jackie
and most of the people who enjoyed Star's suffering
are also enjoying Jackie's suffering?

Jackie's going to show up anyways so I don't get why anyone would be losing their shit desu. In fact, I don't think anyone actually is.

Showing up could be as little as a quick breakup sometime in the movie, then Marco cutting her out so he can start galavanting with star in other dimensions

It's different.
Star deserves to suffer, her suffering is a direct result of her own actions, actions she knows to be wrong, actions where she deliberately ignored the advice she was given. Star's suffering feels like poetic justice and like something that will make her grow as a person, something necessary to teach her the lessons she's been trying to avoid.

Jackie however has done nothing wrong. She gave a spergy dude a chance because she respected his stamina and perseverance and honesty. She's been a good girlfriend, listening to and supporting Marco and even giving him space to sort stuff out with his bestie. She's friendly, forgiving (didn't throw a fit when Marco broke her skateboard), cute and fun and sporty and brave, she grabbed Marco to save him and Star from being sucked into the portal and fought off the rats.

So her suffering feels unjust. It's not as enjoyable.

>Both Jackie and Star represent childhood fantasies
>Marco ends up with the girl who he actually knew since childhood
>"Sometimes what you're looking for is right by your side the whole time."

jackie is a qt

I agree with you about everything except the last part. This show is deliberately avoiding several conventional story elements, and Jarco even being a thing is one of the ways that Nefcy does so. I ship it precisely because I want to see what other twists she's willing to put on the bland cartoon romance tropes western animation always falls to. Star accepting that she can't always have what she wants and being happy for her friend isn't unreasonable whatsoever given the way the show has headed over the course of Season 2, and Season 3 can't just drop that altogether. If Starco happens, it won't be this season.

It's going to kill me Everytime that gif is posted. I missed a frame. I fixed it but four Chan won't let me post a duplicate.

To anyone triggered by it, I'll give you a choice on how I could make it up to you.
A. Star an hero gif
B. Jackie coming back as a zombie and eating star
C. Kelly and Hekapoo dick teasing Marco.

Do you think any major non-villain characters will be dead by the end?

A please.

A or B

let's see Star die

B please

B

Moon gonna die
screencap this for proof.

I WANT it to be Moon but that's not the same as thinking it will actually happen

Moon and jackie

They're not paying Grey Griffin enough

C, never enough thiccapoo

fuck off SUfag

screencap user over here being a faggot too.

Anyone that isn't a worthless ship obsessor would pick C

So why is Moon dying such a common prediction around here?

marco dies and then star's magical tears of friendship bring him back to life as a pink portal zombie

She ok.

Maximum Star suffering and parents dying is a thing with Disney

OH SHIT C.

Lost an eye though

Moon is currently the better magic user and even described by Nefcy as Toffee's archnemesis. Yet clearly Star will have to fight him herself by the end; despite the many light episodes it is her "vs. the Forces of Evil."

What could happen to make Star view Toffee as her enemy, and remove the question of why Moon isn't just handling it herself?

Also I think Star having to be queen herself in the series proper opens up interesting story opportunities.

B

You mean she gets a cool eyepatch.

It's true that Star fucks up a lot and it comes back to bite her a lot. But in terms of relationships specifically (because the main source of Star's suffering is seeing Marco and Jackie), she didn't do anything wrong, she was just trying to be a good friend to Marco and Jackie. She brought it on herself, yes, but she genuinely thought she was doing the right thing (even at the expense of her own feelings). Where is the "justice" in that?

B, then Zombie Jackie and Zombie Star go dick tease Marco

Please draw Star killing herself while watching Marco eating out Jackie

>she didn't do anything wrong
besides hook Marco and Jackie up.

My best answer is that she moved.
>Better screencap this

nice dubs

B and then A happen brutally

Marco end up with Janna

What a cop out

this We've got enough Heka teasing Marco.

There's very little of both Star and Jackie teasing Marco.

As I said, she was just trying to be a good friend to Marco and Jackie, even at the expense of her own feelings. She was being the opposite of selfish. The suffering is unjust.

why is toffee so hot?

wheres that dude that likes ajj im calling you out

Yeah, she was getting bullied so hard that her dad almost moved. Instead the teacher called a parental mediation session. Just her, her dad, the tormentor, and the tormentor's foster mother. They all ganged up on her so hard that her dad moved.

>wooden stick ice cream
Lucky!

Jackie most likely is going to show up maybe not as much. We don't see Mr and Mrs Diaz in the new opening either, so by everyone's logic something is going to happen with them.

Most likely after seeing Star's confession they will admit they don't have feelings for each other anymore. They whole lovely dovey stuff was just an act so they felt their loveless marriage meant something. They are divorcing and while sorting everything out, are sending Marco to live with the Butterflies, while they figure out who gets custody of him and such.

I think it's frozen yogurt, as requested by

Witnessed

Ok voting is closed. I haven't counted yet but I really would like to not derail the thread. So I'll be back later.

On topic response;
I'm not too sure how I should take this new intro. It's certainly interesting that Jackie isn't included.

Marco's cape puts him in the same spectrum with Auggie Farks. Or should I go with the interpretation that Marco us just chilling in Mewni full time?

Man did I fall out of love with Kelly. I'm not happy to see her front and center. Unless she ditches Tad for good, she THOT status.

Huh should be a regular.

In retrospect Moon's reaction at the end of Storm the Castle to "my enemy from decades ago suddenly returned from out of nowhere, threatened my child, destroyed the cornerstone of our dynasty, and will almost definitely come back to target us once again because he's infamously unkillable" seems a bit underplayed. She seems almost more concerned about the cleaved wand, and even that's kind of forgotten about on her part until the end of S2 (she sure didn't seem to do anything about locating the missing wand crystal during the 90 days it took Ludo to stumble upon it, despite actually having an approximate idea of where it might have ended up).

Her reaction seems more along the lines of "well, that was bad but at least it's over now and you're safe." Not even really a strained façade of calm like in Raid the Cave, except in relation to the wand. Forget the end of Starcrushed; you'd think she would've hauled Star back to Mewni right then before it even got to that point.

Not actually criticizing anything; just an observation. It's the kind of thing where you can see how the development of a more serious plot and extensive character histories/conspiracies works pretty well when watching in order, but doesn't seem to fit together completely when you look back.

Despite that episode setting up a lot of future stuff probably they still hadn't entirely decided on the backstories etc. they'd be working with later on.

>She was being the opposite of selfish
she pushed Marco away towards someone and now feels shitty that she can't have Marco.
I never stated that she was being selfish, I never stated any reasoning at all for why she set up Marco and Jackie.
But she did it, so she deserves the consequences that come from that.
Now she has zero way of not hurting someone.

either she gives up and moves away saving Marco and Jackie's feelings while hurting herself and Marco by destroying their friendship
or
she tries to push Jackie out which destroys Marco's relationship and hurts Jackie, when she is the only reason they are together in the first place.

Regardless of her intentions this is the path she's chosen and these are the consequences she deserves.

Jackie has done literally nothing wrong to deserve suffering.

>people make fun of Jarco that Jackie isn't in the intro

>meanwhile smooth Tom is going to steal Star and cuck Starco fags

>Or should I go with the interpretation that Marco us just chilling in Mewni full time?

My guess is that he's going to spend the summer (or at least part of it) in Mewni.

>"I dislike Jackie"

>implying Star won't purposely try to flirt with Tom to make Marco jealous
>implying Tom won't notice and get turned off/call her out for her bullshit

I can see it now

wtf I want this to happen now

He's gonna join the Starcuckers crew and steal Marco, son

>Jarco even being a thing
Mid-series relationship drama isn't unusual at all.
The unusual thing is Star being responsible for setting it up and Jackie living up to Marco's image of her and not just being a shallow bitch.

I cannot understand how people get into this mindset.
"I don't want Starco to happen because the male and female lead getting together is cliché" despite the fact that the way this show's relationships have played out is anything but conventional, even if it's smooth sailing for the SS Starco from here out (and it certainly will not be).
And at the same time "It would be good if Starco doesn't happen because it would teach Star a valuable lesson about ~growing up~ and how life is not always happy and perfect" as though that isn't EVEN MORE of a cliché element in this kind of story, all the way back to the fucking Epic of Gilgamesh.

To me it seems very clear that we're ultimately going to see Star earn her happy ending. I don't see why that should take away from anyone's enjoyment of the rollercoaster ride to get there.

the only acceptable endgame

He won't, he'll be stolen first.

I want pictures! Pictures of Toffee!

>Or should I go with the interpretation that Marco us just chilling in Mewni full time?
The intro shows that Marco's room is a part of Butterfly Castle now, just like Star's situation was.

Kelly is a blank slate and seems pretty cute and sporty, hopefully they can make her interesting sooner than later but at least she can't be worse than Pony Head.

Well played.

Even with Tom having chilled out and being bros with Marco now, Star still can't stand to even speak to him. Much more likely that Tom would steal Marco away from Star.

>late capitalism

No one with a brain will disagree

>the main source of Star's suffering is seeing Marco and Jackie
Not really, I'd say she suffers from having broken the wand, lost the spellbook and Glossaryck and having fucked over her family's standing and caused a riot, too

Besides, she deliberately pushed Marco together with Jackie even after she realised she's crushing on him. She got jealous in Bon Bon to the point of causing an accident, but still after that continued to push them together, instead of having an introspective moment and thinking about her feelings.

And they got together. She got the end result she actively tried to make happen. The justice is in that once again, she didn't think about the consequences, didn't really think about what was going on, tried to deal with possibly unpleasant stuff with her trusted method of "ignore it till it goes away", and that shit bit her in the ass because that's a fucking disastrous method.

The justice is that she should really learn to think about what she's doing and what the consequences will be. She does a lot of dumb, destructive shit, because she "thinks it's the right thing" and actually doesn't bother to think shit through. Like in Face the Music, where she thought that being herself and showing who she really is is more important than following tradition or her mom's instructions, and didn't actually think at all about what sort of a reaction the song would cause.

She doesn't fucking think about the consequences of anything, this is a big-ass problem, and it's justice that this flaw of hers is shown to fuck her over in many fronts, both her and her family's public image and her personal love life and friendships.

Kelly isn't exactly a blank slate. Do you not recall the episode where she was binging on goblin dogs(a confirmed hallucinagen) . I can't respect her after that kind of dependency.