/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

My Hobby edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Best of Star Wars Insider Vol.6: Heroes of the Light Side (June 13)
Star Wars #32: Screaming Citadel #4 (June 14)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oHLw2lyLnA8?t=40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Posting more females and their hobbies.

btw remember to thank me for finally removing the
>[embed]
links from the op

>Rey builds a new saber over the course of VIII

Were those mid-film time skip rumors true?

Fuck off JT
You're not the OP, ands weren't in the OP in the last thread, or the one before, and so on.

They weren't there last thread?

you did what everyone does, you fucking retard. If you want attention, bait like everyone else

That's Kenobi's saber. Perhaps it was salvaged from the ruins of the Death Star?

It's actually not. It has similar design features to both Obi-Wan and Luke's sabers; but Kenobi's doesn't stay at a consistent width from the middle to the base of the pommel, instead getting "skinner" again before reaching the base. Luke's stays at a consistent width like that, but we also know this isn't Luke's saber because it's blue in-game.

Ergo the logical conclusion is that this is either another random saber Rey found, or more likely this is on she builds under Luke's tutelage, and it looks similar to Luke's because she's trained by him (the same reason Luke's saber looked like Obi-Wan's).

>it's a new lightsaber but it looks familiar because they are rehashing OT designs again
You were like a brother to me, Rian. You were supposed to destroy JJ, not join him.

He didn't do shit, he isn't even the OP.

SECTOR IS CLEAR

Have you bowed to your new king today?

It's out?

its like even the writers know this is dumb

Arc troopers> commandos

>nuCanon is the same shit as Legends just under a slightly different name
I really wanted to believe it will be different this time, but I guess I shouldn't be so surprised actually.

What a shit opinion

Stop being a retard

What a shit design

I wish they'd gone further with the whole space knight look in the clone wars

This one felt like an episode of TCW. The writing certainly fits.

What would you want to see in the next animated series?

it's a bug you autists, confirmed by a dev

Anything you want, as long as you don't kill my waifu, Dave

No promises.

Please have mercy, my Lord, I'm getting enough suffering from other shows as it is!

So it is actually Kenobi's saber that just wasn't supposed to be used by Rey?

Yea, we're getting anons too hype. I mean calm down

Jango and Obi are all but confirmed

Not OP, but glad to see you still care :D

Okay, I don't think it's Kenobi's lightsaber either (if anything, a mistake that confirms Obi-Wan as the second Republic Hero)

But if this really was TLJ related, do you really think the Devs would just admit it. "Oh yeah, whoops, you weren't supposed to know about that yet, sorry Disney!"

Something that follows the OT crew between ESB and ROTJ. I wanna see how Luke grew so strong, and occasionally between scenes they can cut to Jabba's palace and show Han's frozen stare into the camera.

What's going on here

force vampire queen uses parasites to control people

she didnt want to put one in luke because the king/queen parasite is chosen by whoever is strongest in the force.

Aphra puts one on luke

Luke's new jedi order post endor.

Aphra and Luke shippers btfo

>I wish they'd gone further with the whole space knight look in the clone wars

I think they wanted to, but capes and loose fabric are a bitch to animate. Hence why we seldom saw open sleeves on the Jedi except for a select few here ant there.

But at the least they did give Anakin and Obi-wan the vests and gorget like Vader would one day wear.

>Luke's new jedi order post endor.

That wouldn't exactly make for a decent series. Literally every one of them would be youngling level. Luke would be the only Jedi Knight among them having to teach upwards of who the fuck knows how many students. There's no real way to have them go about and have crazy space adventures on a regular basis. When Kylo went all school shooter on Luke's temple, it was probably one of the very few occasions he probably was away.

>No Ezra
>No Ahsoka

Stop being stupid.

I'm not THIS op, I'm an OP from like 20 or 30 threads ago who went out of his way to remove it and noticed everyone copy pasted my edited from here on out
I'm the fag who goes on and on about how Nebulon B is best ship and posts this picture all the time

This isn't even the first time a Queen has used a parasite to mind control a Jedi

It happened to Barriss in TCW

Why are people pretending to be upset about this again?

Ahsoka is gone, user. You get to get the fuck over her.

the bad reason: eufags with sour grapes trying to shit on new canon after they were burned by the purge

the good reason: doesn't bode well for Aphra/Luke shipping

>This isn't even the first time a Queen has used a parasite to mind control a Jedi

Damn it, Padme. Stop trying to get Skywalker to fuck you.

>clone wars anakin's armor is styled after vader's armor

how the fuck did I completely fail to realize this until now.
pottery as hell.

lmao you have no idea how wrong you are

kek

SHE WAS ALIVE

I FELT HER

youtu.be/oHLw2lyLnA8?t=40s

>Star Wars continues to be fucking shit whenever something supernatural happens

more at 11

I liked the idea of Screaming Citadel when it was announced but its plot has taken turns I find extraordinarily unpleasant to continue reading

Actually, wasn't it implied that Luke, with Ben Solo possibly in tow, were traveling around? Supposedly Lor San Tekka played a part too.

Remember that it was said that "academy" was the wrong word for what Luke was doing. So likely he wasn't always just sitting around at a temple teaching younglings. Who knows what he and his followers were up to.

>I did the thing everyone does NOTICE ME

>implying other people defend the Nebulon B
I fucking wish, it's all memeing about "muh weak spot" by the same people who complain about star destroyer towers

What's it's weak point?

>No Ezra
Probably dead. And even if not, he likely abandoned the Jedi arts.

>No Ahsoka
Did you not hear her on Malachor when she faced Vader?

Ostensibly the center spar is a glaring weak point, which is why the only time one was ever split in half it split at the fucking base of the neck after tanking a full ISD frontal assault for a minute

>Remember that it was said that "academy" was the wrong word for what Luke was doing.

The Word 'academy' has always been the wrong word when applied to the Jedi.

>ezra
>probably dead
wrong, and stupid

and did you not pay attention to Filoni at SW celebration?

>and did you not pay attention to Filoni at SW celebration?

>if not, he likely abandoned the Jedi arts.

that was referring to Ahsoka, who is quite definitely alive

>there are posters in this thread who unironically don't believe The new Jedi order will be built by halftrained padawans.

Its going to happen and it's going to be fun.

>that was referring to Ahsoka, who is quite definitely alive

Then I repeat.
>Did you not hear her on Malachor when she faced Vader?

they will discover the true secrets of the force for the first time and make a jedi order better than the one that came before it and that will be episodes 10-12

Something more interesting then " he tried and he failed" i expect.

and what does that have to do with anything? We see her alive at the end of the finale. We are told by Filoni in 2016 following the finale that she could come back for Rebels or a future show. Then we are told by Filoni that she is alive in 2017 and she's coming back outright for S4.

She stopped being a jedi. She can just as easily START beig a jedi again. ESPECIALLY IF THE SON OF HER MASTER NEEDS TO START THE ORDER UP AGAIN.

>and what does that have to do with anything?

Everything. She actively rejects the Jedi Code.

>She can just as easily START beig a jedi again. ESPECIALLY IF THE SON OF HER MASTER NEEDS TO START THE ORDER UP AGAIN.

If she didn't go back for her master, why would she be expected to go back for her master's son? If anything, I suspect she'd probably try and talk Luke out of being a Jedi.

>he watches Star Wars for the Jedishit

Is there a contest on this site to go into random threads on Sup Forums and post the stupidest fucking thing possible? Because I feel like Sup Forums gets the short end of the stick on quality discussion

That artwork is awful
I regret buying the first volume of this, I was tricked by the artwork and thought it would all be good.

it's amazing how Salvador larroca manages to give his artwork more detail while somehow making his terrible tracing even worse

>he doesn't
thank you for admitting you don't actually like the franchise and are just here to shitpost for (you)s

>mfw I just realized that Tatooine is right next to Arkanis meaning that if Luke went to the Academy he would have been put into Project Harvestor where he would have likely been turned into an Inquisitor

>if you don't like Jedishit you don't like smugglers, space battles, outlaws, the empire, the rebellion, etc

nice one peabrain

>The Force and its practitioners are an integral part of the lion's share of the franchise, including every saga film and television series
>is only in it for the ancillary content
Again, like I said, you're not a real fan, you're a 2cool4u deviantart parasite looking for nerd cred.

*tips fedora*

We desperately need some new infinities stories.

>he isn't more interested in starfighters than jedi

Magic space knight monks are really cool and all but the starships were always what I was most interested in.

>says the religious supernatural mystical element of the films is garbage
>accuses me of fedora tipping
typical Alinskyite, don't you have a #resisttrump rally you have to be getting to?

Why would LSG go out of their way creating irrelevant "what if" alternate universe fanfiction stories when you've already got the entire EU?

>you have to like hokey badly written, uninteresting magic shit or ur an atheist libcuck!!!1

your neckbeard is showing

I agree, but to dismiss the face of the franchise (read: Jedi) is the kind of idiotic delusion that can only come from a total moron or a fan of a rival franchise. My wager is on the former, given his continued posting:

Criterion confirmed there will be space-battle-only locations in BF2, revealing the Space Battle of D'Qar being in the free TLJ DLC alongside the regular Crait map.

So I think it's a safe bet that Coruscant will be in the game, but only as the space battle.

I wonder what other Clone Wars Space Battles they could do? Coruscant is the only one in the movies, so they're going to have to draw from TCW, or invent some new ones.

because what's more fun than creating new, stupid, stories that are equally as uncanon as the EU?

>crait map instead of canto bight

Clone Wars space battles aren't all that memorable honestly, maybe the one from TPM?

Well if you admit up front that they're stupid and silly I don't have a problem with it.

christophsis maybe? maybe a battle against the Malevolence?

Hold on a minute so the symbiotes once nearly infected the entire galaxy and we know the Queen has been alive for tons of years and the symbiotes turn people into her slaves. Now that the Order of the Terrible Glare is canon again (in the form of the Ordu Aspectu) and since Aphra was somehow led to the Screaming Citidel using lore from the Ordu Aspectu my guess is the Queen is the nucanon version of the Pius Dea. In the EU the Pius Dea were a cult who worshiped The Mother. they took over the Republic and led a bunch of crusades against alien space. The Order of the Terrible Glare were a splinter group of Jedi who ended up joining the Pius Dea in their crusades. This sounds very similar to the symbiotes infecting the galaxy until Republic space worships the Queen and the Ordu Aspectu possibly escaping to her territory so they could study the heretical aspects of the force.

none of this shit will ever EVER be in the movies/shows so who cares

>take Thrawn
>make him black and female
>continue to act like Thrawn but with added needless villainy (don't touch me white boi imma cut yo arm off and the nerves so u can't use robo limbs and shiieet)

Wow
So diversity
Much creative

U M B A R A

Seriously, if the ground map is too inconvenient to create, then at least give us the space fight

Space Christophsis sounds good (and in a perfect world, the Carrion Spike/Stealth Ship would be a Hero ship too), but I also think Chistophsis could be a good TCW DLC map too.

Also one of the most recognizable TCW locations, appearing in both the show at least twice, as well as the theatrical movie.

none of this shit will ever EVER be in the movies/shows so who cares

>The Mother
AAAAAAAAAAA

stop posting this garbage, you're as bad as KOTORfags who think KOTOR is canon just because the Hammerhead corvette showed up in Rebels and RO

this would be a concern if Thrawn wasn't already in canon you fucking dipshit stormfag sperglord

But Thrawn still exists, and they're distinctly different characters.

Also Sloane isn't nearly that bad, she's not stereotypical at all, and she has shown MUCH more compassion than most imperials. She allies with Brentin in Empire's End with a level of respect for him, but even more notably in The Levers of Power she was extremely protective of the men she was ordering, and saved a lot of Imperial lives at the Battle of Endor.

>responding to bait with even worse bait
The fuck are you trying to do here, user?

honestly, she was one of the better parts of the Aftermath dumpster fire

Umbara will never be seen. Stop hawking on about it all the goddamn time.