How was there not a better way

How was there not a better way

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYSxN4ezhO4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh, it's this one.

Reminder Xavier had to send Wolverine on a stealth mission to not just kill this kid,but make sure literally nobody knew he existed.

If you have to do that, destroy the actual existing evidence supporting your opposition's views to maintain your own, your side is implicitly wrong and has lost. Xavier having this kid killed is a confession that mutants shouldn't be tolerated.

Does he not hear the cars crashing?

Still better than Inhumans.

Didn't it turn out not to be Xavier who gave the order wasn't it someone masquerading as him or something

honestly you'd think stuff like this would happen more often. Wolverine is like the mutant euthanizer.

How?

Youre telling me nobody had the resources to slap him somewhere he was isolated and help him train his powers up?

Couldn't they give him a protective suit like Hazmat?

Because he destroyed organic life just by being in the same general vicinity, there's no helping that.

Friendly reminder that Ultimate Wolverine was killed by Cyclops' optic blast because Magneto lifeted his visor and Scott apparently couldn't keep his eyes closed at all.

That's what I always think did they even try to see if they could put him in a protective suit. They just killed him off the bat

>Ultimate X-Men are assholes
Wow, what a revelation.

And right here is why the mutants-as-racism metaphor just doesn't work. Mutants ARE unpredictably dangerous whether they want it or not. If at least they didn't have the random superpower thing going on, if they all got the same power like some other settings have, it could have been acceptable, but when there's absolutely no way to know what happens when your kid hits puberty, there's no real way to defend it. Even Sniktbub here basically admits the X-men are just trying to make the case look better than it really is so they don't get all killed.

Also I doubt it qualifies as just toxins when it causes people to spontaneously combust.

Yeah statistically more mutants might cause more crime and violence, but dont particular races and people of certain religious faith also statistically commit more crime/violence etc.. relative to their population?

People do it because of ideology and culture. Mutants do it because they have dangerous Super powers they can't control that kill entire towns of people accidentally. Not to mention mutants create their own radical idealogies. Who would you have society rather face, a radical Muslim with a gun and bomb or a radical mutant that can bend the forced of magnetism to his will?

You can't train "Literally 100% deadly to all organic life" It's not like it happens when he is pissed, or sad or when he loses concentration. His biology is just an anathema to things that are alive, doesn't seem to be stopped by walls or glass as he never even saw his mom, she probably died when he woke up upstairs. And the person in the car was ages away

Only way to stop him would be to completely seperate him from human contact forever, which is bound to fail at some point. (Also, probably worse than death for him) or just put him out of his misery.

How does Logan's healing factor protect him from this? Hes not even flinching you think it would hurt him a little

They were already lucky to have bub around to do it relatively humanely, without him it would probably have ended in a bombing run on the whole area

wasn't there an entire series like this? X-Force or something? I was reading up on X-23 cause of her collection and it mentioned she'd been put on basically a mutant kill team set up to deal with Mutants by Mutants.

At least they don't expect you to follow a monarchy.

The deed was done.
If he was kept around someone eventually would have connected the dots.
Not like I want to justify killing kids.

>Frank shirt
Did Ultimate have its own Punisher? I wasn't reading comics back then. Don't tell me it's this mutie.

Cop Frank instead of Marine Frank
He was the one who shot Peter with the gun wound he bleed out.

Put him in NBC suit. Hold him in a room with very good ventilation. Anyway, this is some fantasy stuff even for comics standards. He is an organic, god damn it, he should burn too.

>I'm Bendis?
>Yup
>...
>Yeah
>I -- I write comics, then? I think- I think I wrote this comic.
>Yeah
>Because I'm Bendis?
>Yeah
>I-I-I-I wrote this comic. All this cyclical dialogue that never goes anywhere because I'm Bendis.
>Yeah
>[manchild softly crying in the foreground]
Yeah, it works for this scene since the kid's in shock, but...

He's like a poison frog, his own body is unaffected by the stuff he emits.

was there an ultimate x-23. Logan should have brought her in to at least bang her.

Yes, she basically went around the world killing Kids at their birthday parties. It wasn't explicitly stated why but you can assume its because they're mutants that are about to hit puberty.

Nice

>Only way to stop him would be to completely seperate him from human contact forever, which is bound to fail at some point. (Also, probably worse than death for him)

I already do this myself and it's volutarely, I'm not poison is or anything either

get an island in the middle of the ocean (or make one your mutants) but this kid in the center in a tube with a vr feed. he thinks hes living his normal life bothers no one. Put up signs trespassers will die (Very true)

It's a brutal story, but I honestly kind of liked it. I liked that the idea of extreme mutations was something they were willing to explore, at least a little bit. If you think about it, pretty much everyone in the X-Men won the genetic lottery- with only a few notable exceptions, they're beautiful, attractive people with beautiful, attractive mutations that are not only useful, but can be easily hidden. Lower on the food chain are mutants like the Morlocks, who have mutations that don't let them pass as human, and are generally considered "gross" or "weird".

But what about mutants like this kid, born with mutations so severe that even life with the Morlocks wouldn't be possible? It's the kind of thing that would probably happen more than you'd think, I would have liked to see them expand on it a bit more.

Then it's a shitty writing.

This is actually a pretty good comic and a reminder not all mutants are pretty smart and powerful.

That was eliminating threats to mutants. Like human groups that actually hunt and kill them. Or super villains.

Its weird because there really are no rules about the laws of science in the comics. If they wanted to do it the writers would invite a way. If they don't they don't.

Just imagine that the chemical could never be contained reliably.

I think they dissolve somehow. I didn't see burned clothes. Also the anti mutant thing is weird because mutants have to happen. The celestials started it and stopping it has caused the phoenix to show up.

In the ultimate universe mutants were a failed experiment trying to recreate the Super Soldier serum not evolution

Explanation would take too long and ultimately be unsatisfactory. Also the comic doesn't want to take forever. They want most of the pages for the kid and snikbub inside the cave.

Laura comes in to give him a send off blowjob. Finishes him right after he blows.

Would like to see this, anyone willing to storytime a bit?

Have you read pretty much any xmen?

like half of them would be killed by their own powers all the time.

This one can at least be likened to a real world example.

Till some villain picks him up with a drone and drops him in new York. His existence would demand a supermax prison which would fail.

99% of people with superpowers in comics and shit are immune to the negative side effects of their abilities. It's very rare to see characters or stories that explore the genuine down sides of abilities besides bullshit like being social outcasts or whatever.

Check out Alphas if you want to see stories about superpowered people dealing with the down sides of powers.

>Mutants ARE unpredictably dangerous whether they want it or not.
To be fair usually the minorities are more unpredictable and dangerous and not only in USA.

You sure about that?

That, unfortunately, is not how the world works.
They're trying to stem future scenarios where people react irrationally to unknown circumstances. This situation falls under social politics; how people react emotionally, instead of logically.
This is a textbook example of a 'grey' area.

I'll be honest before this happened I thought that all of the disappearing people was because it was the Rapture and this was a Left Behind comic or something.

>You can't train "Literally 100% deadly to all organic life" It's not like it happens when he is pissed, or sad or when he loses concentration
Says who? They only know how his powers kill people, not how they work. He literally got them the night before.
So, saying he can't train his powers, or that his powers aren't related to emotions, mental states, etc., is an ignorant statement based on no evidence.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for some people.
>Poison frogs don't poison themselves
>Electric eels don't shock themselves
>Scorpion/snake/spider/bee/ant/etc venom doesn't kill the host

Even in fantasy worlds
>Fire breathing dragons don't burn their face/mouth off

This is fantasy shit, its rare that someone's powers hurt the host adversely, especially if the host is born/grows into it naturally.

maybe Logan did this...

How do you know it doesn't.

Venomous creatures can kill themselves with their own venom.

there was a Spider-Man issues from the early 2000s where there was some kind of mutant kid who was an absolute asshole and he killed people too, Spider-Man hunted him down but Wolverine stepped in and killed him. I think that was before House of M.

Wait, I'm confused. Who is he and how did those people die?

maybe read the following 6 pages, too?

Jesus Christ, who wrote this? This is legitimately the most depressing comic I have ever read, so goddamn dark.

This is good, but I also don't like it, because it's still edgy as fuck to the point of being ridiculous. I never liked Ultimate universe

The fact that this person could exist is just proof that mutants would never work in society and are dangerous as fuck. Even in a mutant only world this guy would've killed 300 people just by waking up.

Difference is, a minority might shoot someone or something
Mutant will fucking vaporise their high school when they hit puberty
There is no way for you to control that other than isolate those who have the X-gene

Your average minority, unarmed, is only as dangerous as any other human being.

Your average mutant, unarmed, could still likely kill dozens of people with their powers before being put down, sometimes completely unintentionally. The two are not even close to being equivalent or even comparable.

How is being fearful of mutants because there is an existing and proven case of one of them accidentally murdered his entire town "irrational"? Especially when a moderate Mutant leader did everything in his power to suppress it for PR reasons rather than actually helping the child, which is meant to be part of his school's manifesto? What are the evolutionary advantages of such a power for a social species? How is it not just further proof that Mutants are (in this universe anyway) nothing more than a fucked up guinea pig species created artifically that should not exist?

It was Nick Fury you dumbass

Is anyone else blown away that this was a Bendis issue?
The only other scene that comes close to this issue is the short Gods and Monsters clip.
youtube.com/watch?v=HYSxN4ezhO4

This is a hardcore product placement and I bet someone from Harley Motorcycles is fucking pissed or will be.

One good thing to come of Hickman destroying the Ultimate U in the Incursion is I no longer have to feel sorry for all the poor bastards who had the misfortune to live there.

There's some comfort in knowing they were all doomed anyway.

It was K. Vaughn I think

This kid's powers are so fucking insane. ALL organic life? Even fucking interdimensional beats or deadly monsters would die in seconds to a power like this. A healing factor wouldn't help for shit either. As the vaporization process seems almost immediate, and complete.

>going to drive cross-country next summer
>hit puberty yesterday

So this kid hit puberty at 15??

Maybe... maybe that might be a good idea?

seconded

I just don't get it. Why do Mutants think that they are good and natural when they have a basement of freak monkeys they hide from the world and then there are people like OP's dude who just fucks all living things. Who are they kidding? The world would be better off if they died or at least weren't allowed to breed.

Homosuperior my ass.

There wasn't a better way because this is the hyperedgy Ultimates Universe where everyone was pretty close to 100% less competent and skilled then their mainstream counterparts.

That's like saying that down syndrome kids prove that humanity should be destroyed.

Down syndrome kids don't melt the flesh off people who are within 100 yards of them. Some mutants have a temper tantrum and they level a city block, some left unchecked can destroy a planet, hell someone should have smashed Franklin Richards with a rock when he was a toddler because if he fell off the slide he could wipe out reality. Hell most of the freak monkeys would be better off dead anyhow look at some of pic related.
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkVfJg7oAE

I don't think people with any type of major illness or mental defects should be allowed to breed either but that is a whole other story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon
Basically this. Only shitty written edgy overdramatized version of it.

I really don't like this because it paints the mutant cause as hypocrites who just quietly murder teenagers inconvenient to their cause after they killed a ton of people. I understand and even sympathize with the logic that, literally, "Not all mutants", but it just feels wrong for X-Men. I'm glad the Ultimate universe got nuked into oblivion because Ultimate X-Men was an abomination

He was actually trying to wound Captain America.
The ONE time someone shoots at Cap's legs instead of the impenetrable shield, and Spider-Man dies because of it.

Damn Wolvie