No Plans For Fantastic Four In MCU

>"[We have] no plans with the Fantastic Four right now," Feige told AlloCiné in a Facebook video. "No discussions about it."

newsarama.com/34899-no-fantastic-four-in-the-mcu-says-feige.html

Fuck, can they just sell them to DC or something?

It could be true. Or they've given the FF to the TV division.

I'm okay with this.

All it means is that the F4 will be the centerpieces of the next MCU, after reboot.

Do they finally have the rights t have plans in the first place?

Fox doesn't want to play ball and disney doesn't care enough about one group of heroes and their villains to pony up the money for them.

Yeah, what place does F4 have in the MCU? The "space-faring band of misfits" quota is already filled in by the Guardians.

Guardians also has the semi functioning family of heroes that argue but get along swimmingly despite it.

All I want is MCU Doom.

Annihilus, Blastaar, Molecule Man, Wizard, and Galactus could be fun to have in a movie at some point.

I'm okay with this. I can see why losing Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus and a few others might be a blow to the MCU, but I never saw the appeal of the FF themselves. Ben and Johnny both seem to be at their best when they're appearing in contexts other than Fantastic Four stories, Reed's whole "I'm smarter than you and that means I have to act like an amoral dick because science" thing is just irritating, and the Invisible Woman's only reason for existing is playing opposite Reed.

Reed wouldn't ever get to be the smartest guy in the room as long as RDJ is still signed onto the MCU.

>we will never get Charlie Day as Molecule Man

>bah, no one likes the FF anyway
And yet you people rage every time Fox makes a new movie with them.

I don't think "rage" is the right word for what happens when Fox tries to make a new FF movie, I've never seen anyone on this board get legitimately mad about the Fantastic Four movies. It's more like pity, in my opinion.

And for my part, hey, don't lump me in with the rest of Sup Forums, I liked the first two FF movies. They're not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but I think they're probably as good as it gets when it comes to those characters. The Silver Surfer in particular looked amazing and was more or less true to his comic appearance, and that's pretty remarkable, considering how unabashedly comic book-y his design is.

An underdeveloped lolevil man who quips?

>I've never seen anyone on this board get legitimately mad about the Fantastic Four movies
Lurk moar.
>don't lump me in with the rest of Sup Forums, I liked the first two FF movies
But that means your taste is worse than the rest of Sup Forums.

MCU Doom would be Tony's nemesis. Somebody as smart as him with armor just as good as his. You know this is true, he already created Ultron and is peter's mentor.

Just like they didn't have plans for Spider-Man...

Doom loses something without Reed and him being mad at Tony is not the same and would feel cheap.

Band of cosmic science adventurers who travel to places like the center of the earth or the unknown reaches of the ocean, they go to another dimension, meet old cosmic entities, travel through time, etc....

The Fantastic Four don't play on just Reed they all have their personalities, try reading one of their comics for once.

JFC that sounds horrible, yeah keep Doom away from the MCU until RDJ leaves.

>Annihilus, Blastaar, Molecule Man, Wizard, and Galactus
>no mole man

They are a family. They are the incredibles from before the incredibles existed.

They go on wholesome adventures of science and optimistic futurism.

They are the "lets see where the road takes us" brand of superheroes. They aren't even superheroes so much as superpowered Jules Verne characters.

No. You believe you want MCU Doom. Trust me, you dont want MCU Doom.

Disney Marvel cant do villains. Hell, they barely can rehash Tony Stark as the hero of every movie with different names

The first one was fun. It got the characters right except for Doom.

The second one completely blows.
>muh killer cloud

why does this surprise anyone, fox released a bag of shit to theaters to keep the rights. MCU had no chance of ever getting f4

>Pym didnt even get to create Ultron with RDJ in the mcu
My sides

Sony lost it's ass with second AOSM film and then sony leaks happened.

Fox is not sony. They released F4, a literal shit on screen to make sure they kept the rights.

This is more of a conspiracy theory, but as you all know Fox is currently playing ball with Marvel Entertainment (two co-produced Mutant TV shows, the ResurreXion deal and the X-Men being promoted again in other media), and since Ike Perlmutter has a hateboner that burns like a million suns for Marvel Studios it wouldn't be crazy to think any kind of negotiation for the X-Men/FF film properties is immediately shut down out of spite.

I'm really glad to read this, the movies by FOX were bad but I prefer anything else before than anything from the Mouse, I've not watched any of the Mouse movies (including the Star Wars ones) and I'm not planning to watch any in the future.

More like Disney/Marvel realized Fox will never ever give the rights back and decided to at least milk some x-shekels through comics and merchandising.

That being said, Disney/Marvel could make even more money than with movies if they just made AAA X-men/FF games.

They could make their own Marvel VIdeogame Universe (starting with spider-man) with a shared storyline like the MCU and not having to depend on expensive actors or rights issues. They could have Wolverine, Spider-man and the FF in the same fucking AAA game.

The two shows came about because of the ego the planet deal Marvel made for Gotg 2

Wrong.

The plan was Ego for the ability to alterate Negasonic's powerset.

This sounds like an automated post.

More like Ike might try to maneuver things so that the TV shows get the Fantastic Four and not the films

The fantastic 4 would work better as a tv show, hell they're primed for being a procedural

It's why I don't fully believe all the talk about Fox having the FF. Not when they've released an Invisible Woman figure and allowed Upper Deck to put the Fantastic Four Legendary booster pack back in print. Plus there's been people asking if Bendis should write the FF and he's the guy who does very obvious synergy or works on comics that might get him the most media tie-in exposure.

Disney wants that sweet sweet Star Wars Blu Ray collection dosh first.

You think they give a fuck about a poisonous franchise just for Galact-ass when they have a Dormammu pissed after his shitty bargain?

I want it to be a FX TV show.
FX would give it a good budget because they made Legion and that looked amazing.

Yes, I think they do. No matter how many shills try to play it off like Marvel/Disney don't care.

it's not about talk, it's about time. They released F4 last year or whatever, year and a half ago, that reset the time on the rights for something like 5 years or whatever.

Boy they don't even have the rights. Why is this news?

Except Disney was willing to buy the rights back Ike was the one who said no

>Legion and that looked amazing
I enjoy Legion, but was cheap as fuck, bad action scenes, bad vfx, only 4 locations and not so good actors.
Aubrey Plaza was great, also the guy that play Oliver, whatever is called, but other than that ...

How the fuck is Ike still in charge

Second biggest stockholder at Disney.

Third or fourth largest shareholder. Despite this though if he costs Disney too much money then he'd be in real trouble.

Good. The problem with the rights being elsewhere was that we'd have to have a F4 movie every decade. Now we're free from that shit forever.

Fuck him. What good has he done for the company?

Enough to basically make the biggest movie franchise ever the sole bargaining chip left? That makes that shit essentially priceless.

Really??? Well it was just me, I've even posted how I have not watched anything except the stuff already on the public tv on my country (which is not a lot) on some other threads.

Now it sounds like a terrible, out of touch attempt at covering automated posting.

This sounds like butthurt.

Now it sounds like a insult coming from someone who would be saying "How do you do, fellow kids"

This.
Also, Dubs of Truth.

>They are the incredibles from before the incredibles existed.
The other movie that got the FF perfectly without using their obvious archetypes was James Gunn with Guardians Vol. 2, I watched that movie thinking Gunn would do good with the FF. He got that family dynamics down just took it to a raunchier side. Star Lord is Reed, Gamora is Sue, Drax is Ben and Rocket is Johnny just with a cute powerful sidekick in Groot like Franklin.

What I would do is set up Annihilation Wave with the Fantastic Four. Gunn has already talked about using Guardians 3 as a platform for over cosmic heroes from Marvel to get their own franchise. And this is a great way to use Thanos one last time without killing him in the Avengers flick. Spiderman and Johnny chemistry in the MCU would be fun to watch. Great way for Marvel to bring the Inhumans from television into the silver screen. Galactus can make his appearance too.

RDJ's Iron Man after all the shit that went down with Thanos, decides to fund a think tank group led by Reed Richards to better the world for tomorrow. Sue Storm and Victor von Doom are their brightest pupils. Sus had a crusher on the much older Reed and Victor is jealous of his position in the science community and you could play up the Victor and Sue love interest. But yeah they discover the Negative Zone, Tony and Reed get Ben to pilot the ship and Johnny comes along as the mechanic of the ship (he was really into hot rods in the early issues) instead of cosmic rays they get negative zone energy that gives them power. You have the choice of putting Victor on the ship or he has his accident in the lab separate of the FF's. They accidentally leave a backdoor open for Annihilus and his army in evade Earth. Marvel's Cosmic heroes come and help.

Left things pretty vague cause I don't know what Marvel is planning with their future movie. All I do know, is you definitely make the Fantastic Four the cornerstone of the next phases of the MCU.

No. FOX still holds those until 2025.

No, FOX still holds the rights.

The decision on making an FF tv show would rest with FOX, not Marvel: Marvel's logo only appears on the movies because it's a contractual obligation from the time at which the rights were sold, when Marvel didn't have it's own studio.

They have no real involvement in the production process unless a further deal is made.

Who, FOX? No, FOX probably can't sell the rights to anybody without giving Marvel Studios first refusal, at the same price they'd expect anybody else to pay. Since the rights are pretty much worthless right now, it's simpler for FOX to sit on them for another few years and try to reboot again.

Feige isn't having discussions about it because FOX hasn't made any kind of approach.

Assuming that's sometime after 2025, sure. If not, no.

No, simpler: nobody's trying to make any deals because there's nothing in it for them. FOX won't get a big paycheck - if they thought they would, they'd have offered X-Men already - and Marvel would be paying a lot for something which, in all honesty, will either revert in 2025 automatically or never come back. If it never comes back, it's because FOX keep using it; if FOX keeps running it into the ground as they have, welp.

If the X-Men contract is anything to go by then the loss at this point is probably two dozen characters at most.

I think it was a gamble that if they made a shitty-sounding project happen, Marvel would rush in to buy the rights, compensate the lost money on the project to boot, and everybody would be happy.

That's a conspiracy theory. Marvel's involvement in FOX projects is a logo and the occasional piece of advice on content and characters (which prevents the movie/show deviating from the agreed story and getting shut down before release).

FOX can already make X-Men or FF shows/movies. They don't need permission or help.

But they do need Marvel's green light to get a show going.

>can they just sell them to DC or something?
Could Fox actually do that? I know they currently own the film rights but could they on-sell them? Or could they do an X-Men/F4/DC crossover without Disney's permission?

FF haven't had the mainstream appeal in a while now. Look at this faggot and doomfags who think Victor should be bought along without the FF.

Being a FFFag sucks

>"Honestly, who even cares about the Fantastic Four?" asked Feige. After the crowd erupted in cheers, he added, "Alright, now how many of you have gotten laid?"
Wow, not cool.

It's 2022, not 2025, jackass.

Holy shit! Someone who actually knows what they're talking about when dealing with the film rights of Marvel characters

Didn't this dude just say that getting the FF and X-Men rights weren't off the table like a month ago?

It's 2025, per the original contract signed in 1984 - 94 Corman, 2005 FOX (1), 2015 FOX (2). Sequels don't re-set the time limit, only reboots do that. Sequels just give you a couple of years, which only matters if you're at the end of the original rights window and haven't had time to reboot. Being in active development ("under lens") at the end of a rights period is usually permitted an extension, provided you can get something together quickly.

Source: this is how nearly all movie rights deals work since like 1980 (before that you just bought stuff in perpetuity).

No, they don't. They own the right to make whatever the contract says they can make - that's all.

What you need to make a show under those conditions is 1) a buyer, which may be one of your own networks if you're FOX; 2) funding, which is always in short supply because there are literally hundreds of other shows and potential shows to compete with and that competition is brutal. Whether you have an audience is for the network execs who'll have to sell the thing to the public to decide.

What you can't do, when working with someone else's property, is deviate from the contract you signed. So you can't just throw in Captain America because he turns up in some FF comics (in fact even if you own the rights, unless you're Marvel, you can't do things like that - which is why FF/X-Men crossovers can't happen without permission).

You can deviate from a contract with permission - but that's an extension to the contract and doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want, only what you can get agreement to do.

For example, if FOX had discovered they didn't own the character of David Haller (which is entirely possible, given the history of the X-Men contract), they'd have needed to acquire the right to that before making their Legion show, ie, Marvel's permission.

They could sell them, but would almost certainly have to give Marvel first refusal, at the market price (which would be low, given the FF movies so far).

If Marvel did refuse, FOX could sell up to whoever was willing to pay - even start a bidding war (which Marvel could then participate in if they changed their minds) - but the initial offer would almost certainly have to be made to Marvel, not on the open market.

When FOX acquired the rights from Constantin Film, Marvel were basically penniless - so despite the movie being made in 1993 (and never released), FOX got away with hanging on to the rights until they made their own FF movie in 2004.

Marvel seem to have bought out Constantin's movie rights in the 1990s (as in, the rights to the movie they'd made, not the rights to make more movies, though some sources say Avi Arad in fact bought out Constantin, which is an important distinction as Arad was already a producer in his own right, despite working at Marvel, and would likely mean the full rights went first to his production company, then on to FOX), ensuring that the crappy movie would never be released. FOX ended up with the rights and spent a full decade developing and re-developing ideas until they found one they liked.

yeah hi hi yeah yeah mm hmm yep hi

It's never off the table, but since FOX own them, FOX have to want to sell. FOX don't want to.

1.Obviously, Fox owns the rights and are pricks about it
2.They can literally integrate them at any time, so it's not a big deal right now.

>It's never off the table, but since FOX own them, FOX have to want to sell. FOX don't want to.
Thanks for replying. I think Feige is just stringing MCU fans along and this causes them to be even more aggressive towards the FOX-Men franchise. Like

I don't have anything to say, or ask of you ( yet) I just want to tell you I appreciate a knowledgeable person posting.

But the last one it's not even me, and it's true, I used to love Marvel and SW before the Mouse but now can't stand most of both.
I even had a lot of the comics of Dark Horse and many of the novels of SW, the same with Marvel.