Ms. Marvel #19 storytime

Not a Secret Empire tie-in even though it really feels like one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MJiBjfvltQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldn't be surprised if GWW asked to be distanced from SE considering CW2 tanked her sales

OP here, sorry guys, my internet decided now would be the best time to stop working properly. I just can't get images uploaded.

Wait, she's pregant and already in her third trimester? When the hell did that happen? The wedding was only a few issues ago. Somebody needs to explain Marvel time to Wilson. Is Kamala in another grade now?

You got this OP or should I?

I guess reducing the image size seems to work

>fighting over pastries

I think I got it

Will Kamala ever go to Mecca?

>We need to show white people how great our food is damnit!

>Insert joke about Donald Trump here

Kamala turns out to be right, but she's really jumping to conclusions here

Forgot the image, great, because things weren't slow enough already.

Them damn uppity minorities, can't they see what we're trying to do here is just!

Why was Becky here? Was she sitting there waiting for hours hoping Ms. Marvel would show up?

>I am the law
Impersonating the law is 20 years in the cubes, creep!

Ms. Marvel has now become Ms. Fantastic.

>kamala starting to go full Plas again
oh hell yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=MJiBjfvltQw

And yet Marvel and Capcom opted to keep her out of Infinite...

This single exchange is a better commentary on the rise of fascist sensibilities than the entirety of Secret Empire

>none of the classic characters people love
>none of the new characters people love either

for what porpoise

Stupid internet

To be fair, that giant dinosaur was in fact Kamala's fault.

Oh you know exactly why... Can't have any non-MCU female characters upstaging Carol on the roster, now can we?

Besides, why give people the characters they actually want now when you can just charge extra for them as DLC later?

Oh Zoe

Shut up Zoe, nobody cares about white illegal immigrants.

>they don't invite Kamala's brown friends

>Insert yet another Donald Trump joke here

And that's that, hope you enjoyed. Sorry for the technical difficulties.
Next time: More Hydra fascists that aren't part of Secret Empire

This is something I never really got, why not celebrate Christmas anyway? I'm an Athiest and i still do, its like Halloween or Thanksgiving where all the old religious reasons don't matter. Heck Islam accepts Jesus as a Prophet so why not celebrate it like every other Prophet inspired holiday?

They've got Carol at least.

>that people love
????

that's why they wanted to get married so bad.

This art is terrible. I'm so glad I dropped this shit with issue 12 of the new run.

If you don't love Carol you probably don't read comics.

I'm pretty sure Miyazawa isn't done with his run, so this is likely a fill in artist.

...And we better not bang on about the lesbo and the atheist before someone's uncle gets any strange ideas...

she better not be a filthy skrull

If you still like her, you don't read her current comics.

No one likes Current Carol. If they took Ms. Marvel Carol, you'd have a point to stand on, but you're talking about Captain "Bitchface" Marvel instead.

>hiding super power status?
>do you accuse me of not disclosing I'm an American? The last and greatest of the syper powers?

Literal grand standing.
Also Becky is a surveillance and policing freak. Of course she has eyes and ears all over. If the giant girl cracking concrete foundations and her booming voice don't carry across the place anyway.

>Kamala finally has an arch-enemy all to herself

So she does not need bones after all. I guess we are witnessing a rather gradual hero learning curve here?
So, where will she go from here? Full Fantastic? Even Plastic? Or a bit of shifting on top?

My dick was hoping her powers would shift to full Pym. I'm disappointed to say the least.

>All dat biryani

I have read menus that were a better commentary on the rise of fascist sensibilities than Secret Empire.

Can someone explain to me this whole "Hydra took over" that has been going on?

How did the Nazis did it? what did i miss?

Thanks, OP.

This story doesn't seem to have anyhing to do with Secret Empire.
But anyway, in Secret Empire, Captain America was turned into a loyal Hydra soldier by the Red Skull using the Cosmic Cube on him, but then Steve killed the Red Skull and took over Hydra himself. At the same time, Steve became Director of SHIELD, and then orchestrated Hydra's takeover of the United States with a bunch of keikakus for the "sake of national security".

...did this boy just walk in from the 80s?

Ms Marvel is FINALLY back on track, to the point where she's now got a recurring villain. I'm so happy.

Well, Aamir. That's because you're a walk-over kinda guy.

And they are eating happily while their nation was taken by Literal Nazis? what the hell.

Again, this story is set before Secret Empire, this is a completely different fascist take-over that seems to have just happened in Jersey City.

Worse. A frog.

At her strongest, she's Mr. Fantastic, Ant-Man, and Mystique all in one.

Considering the last two events hurt Ms Marvel's sales a great deal, the writer probably leaned on editorial to let her opt-out of writing a tie-in book. She's publicly talked about not liking the forced tie-ins before.

Given this is the editor insert, I don't imagine she had that hard a time.

Thanks

That could get fucking terrifying if you face a fully grown Kamala who wants to fuck you up. She could morph blades, shrink, stab you, then grow and rip you apart from the inside while looking like your mom.

THE MONSTERS!

Remind the event didn't hurt the sales the pakistan chapter did fine. The voting chapter is when the sales dropped.

>recurring villain
>just shows up to introduce the new villain
I hope Becky gets to do more.

With how much time has apparently passed for the baby to develop any chance it is actually Mike after getting super fit?

I've got a stoopid question or two.

Wasn't there a full on worldwide brawl for several months about registering all superhumans? And since Kamala was literally an avenger, isn't she already registered?

It doesn't apply to Jersey City because nothing ever applies to Jersey City. It's always New York City that gets such things.

Is any of this stuff I should know about going forward?

Ms. Marvel is literally the only Marvel book I still read and it's been self contained for the most part.

Biryani is trash!

It was about Minority Report actually.

Don't worry about it.

Some westernized muslims do celebrate Christmas. I would know.

Her brown friends would be celebrating it with their own families. Or, friend, since Nakia is Kamala's only muslim friend.

Hydra aren't nazis, despite what the movies would have you think.

>I'm pretty sure Miyazawa isn't done with his run, so this is likely a fill in artist.
This is possibly some of the best fill-in art I've seen in a Marvel comic in about half a decade.

I thought Jersey's thing was not being populated by assholes like the entire rest of the Marvel Universe.

>hating on the Yaas Queen
She's the patrician's superhero.

The SHRA was repealed a while ago. Long before Kamala even got powers.

Dude, Indian/Pakistani food is fucking scrumptious. Spicy as fuck and almost never comes out solid, but some of the tastiest shit under the sun.

>all that wasted biryani
Sad!

>Hydra aren't nazis,
Founded by a member of Hitler's inner circle during the height of the Third Reich.

But they're totally not Nazis guys, totally.

> Wasn't there a full on worldwide brawl for several months about registering all superhumans?
Yes, but that was years before Kamala became a superhero.

>And since Kamala was literally an avenger, isn't she already registered?
The Superhuman Registration Act had already been repealed by the time she became an Avenger.

Pluckie nooooooo!

>Founded by a member of Hitler's inner circle during the height of the Third Reich.
Again, just because the movies say so doesn't mean it's canon to the comics. Hydra was an ancient eastern organization, and didn't make its way to the west until AFTER WWII.

Hydra was founded by Isaac Newton as a corruption of the Brotherhood of the Spear, an ancient Eastern organization which draws its origins to Imhotep in Ancient Egypt.

Last I checked, neither Isaac Newton nor Imhotep were nazis.

Yeah, but they've been run by Nazis, for Nazis since then.

The MCU was a mistake.

Wait, I thought Ms. Mohammad had already been canceled?

Fine, it wasn't founded by Nazis, but it was taken over by them in World War 2 and never really stopped being run by them and all the jabbering about Imhotep and ancient organizations can't really change that.

While Baron Strucker was indeed a nazi, that's more because he was German and all Germans were nazis during WWII. By the time he had taken over Hydra, he had renounced nazi-ism in favor of a more generalized world domination approach. By his own admission:
>I no longer want to cleanse the world. I merely want to rule it.
And beyond Baron Strucker and the handful of times that Arnim Zola was part of it, Hydra didn't have any nazis in the high council nor was it some neo-nazi safe heaven as the average Hydra henchman was a mix of stock-and-standard terrorists looking to destabilize the world and recent college graduates seeking jobs to help pay for their crippling student loan debts.

No? Why would you think that?

>in World War 2
No it wasn't. Hydra had no part in World War II and didn't make its way out of the Orient until years after the war had ended. To that end, Hydra was never a "nazi" organization beyond the loose association over the fact that Baron Strucker used to be a nazi. It was meant to be a SPECTRE-pastiche that played on Cold War-era communist paranoia.

They were communist terrorists seeking unification of the world under the glory of immortal Hydra, more so than they were nazis or neo-nazis.

I know is big for liberals to complain about "fascism" now that the republicans won and all that but this REALLY rustle my jimmies when I have members of my family actually live under fascist dictators and even have their friends being killed by death squads sponsored by the state and seeing this liberal crying about "muh fascism" because Trump won the elections (against one of the worse candidate the democrats could run against a populist) is really irritating.

How scarousing

You know, nobody said Trump.
This is Hydra supporting an established ultra authoritarian character with a grudge in setting up her own little terror state in Jersey.
Nobody said Trump, nobody even complained about an election.
She set up shop like yesterday and is already rounding up people.
If you cannot smell the fascism yet, let me just turn up the heating in the showers for you.