Why is Sup Forums laughing at this?

Why is Sup Forums laughing at this?

Heroes shouldn't kill. Ever.

Pussy.

Sup Forums doesn't read comics

Neither does Sup Forums but that's beside the point

>why are idiots laughing at something

who cares

So it's doing exactly what the Arkham games already did? Why is this news?

Because its fucking Sup Forums numbnuts. Both comic ignorance and just regular ignorance is rampant

Yes, they should.
People like Osborn have caused far too much death and destruction, proven to not stay locked up for long and beyond mere mortals and will continue to do horrible things.
Death of them is the only pragmatic, sensible and even moral thing to do.

Oh wait, this is just a shitty bait thread because you were BTFO from Sup Forums and want us to give you arguments to take back there.
Well, fuck you, pansy.

Sup Forums is full of edgy troglodytes who love Injustice and Jason Todd.

If it is like It just means that everyone you fight will have a 'knocked out' animation as they squirm on the ground.
But I bet you will be able to punch someone out of a building and they won't 'die'.

>Batman/golden age autist

Maybe a saving animation where if you punch them off the roof Spidey rapidfires a we shot that catches him and makes him hang from the side. That or a lack of roof fights in the first place.

There is a scene exactly like that in the demo they played at the Sony E3 conference
Spidey hits a guy and send him flying off a roof but webs him and pulls him back last second

People just don't like being told not to do things or having option taken off the table. iirc, in the old PS1 Spider-man game you could throw henchmen off roofs.

I'm more worried about game itself, the demo made it look like Arkham with more QTEs. I wanna see moonswinging in engine not some jackoff on twitter says Yeah its totally there."

In the Spider-man 2 game you could powerbomb dudes off the Empire State building and they wouldn't die
In Arkham all Batman does is knock guys out
The only superhero game I can think of that let you kill anything other than robots was Wolverine Origins

>Heroes shouldn't kill. Ever.

I loved seeing that in the E3 footage, along with the crane save and the helicopter. That's what Spidey would do, 100%.

The time is finally right for a Superman game.

How is the news so slow after E3?

>you could throw henchmen off roofs.
>"could"
>implying you didn't take every possible available opportunity to throw henchmen off roofs
>implying you didn't reload the level if you accidentally knocked someone out instead of throwing them into the foggy abyss

yeah, I wondered about that, in that scene. actually though, "wow, are they going to let you kill people?" I assumed the grab was intentional. That its automatic is interesting, and I kindof like it I think.

The QTEs are gross I'll give you that, but doesn't Arkham combat make more sense of Spider-Man than Batman? I mean he's fighting with spider sense.

You're welcome.

I like it. It's something Spidey would do.

... wait, people WANT moonswinging now? By "moonswinging" you mean swinging on nothing, right?

Would have been pretty cool if it weren't just "watch a movie clip while occasionally hitting a button".

The whole thing makes sense for Spider-Man, I think it's just how incredibly blatant it is that's bothering people. Both Shattered Dimensions and ASM2 took cues from Arkham but this looks literally like reskinned Arkham. It doesn't look like it h as its own identity.

If I want Arkham style combat, I'll play Arkham games. They even gave him a NOT! Alfred codec buddy. why did they pick Yuri Wanatabe aka the Wraith instead of Jean DeWolfe?

I was hoping the game getting an actual studio and having money put into it would be more its own thing than a pretty Arkham clone. Not really feeling the costume either but there will probably be DLC costumes out the ying yang

How would you do those kind of scenes without resorting to QTE then? It's not something you cna map with a normal control scheme and the only other option would be to just make it a straight up cutscene. It's not like the whole would be a setpiece fight like that, most of the game would still be regular swinging and combat.

They picked her because Slott is writing the game, I think.

fuck

To be fair, the freeflow combat makes more sense for Spider Man than it did for Batman. Bruce damn near had Spider Sense in those games

>why did they pick Yuri Wanatabe aka the Wraith
Because Slott is writing this game and he wants to shill his OC?

that's the comic but this is a game here you take control of Spider-Man. I think we should decide what Spider-Man does

The worst thing I can say about the trailer (besides the familiar Arkham gameplay and QTE's) is the Miles pushing. Hes not Peter's fucking sidekick, and no one cares about him. A Miles costume would have been more than enough

Miles DLC
probably his own story mode in the season pass too

>Press X to Venom Blast

Miles is such a boring character and im sick of him bieng pushed into everything because normies like the idea of a black spider-man
i just want to play as Pete swinging through the city, fuck Miles

His powers are kinda cool though

Well, the thing is, it's a video game, the game loses more overall from being faithful to the source material by sacrificing fun gameplay mechanics than it gains.

Games are about taking control of the character, if I wanted to watch Peter Parker do the things Peter Parker does, I'd just watch or read Spider-Man.

I choose to play the game because I want to take an active role, not a passive role as an observer who's actions are limited by an adherence to other canons.

The only thing more annoying that Miles pushing is how unbelievably butt-blasted people get about him.

testing

So...I can throw people off of say...Empire State Building, swing on down to the pavement, and see them laying on the ground rolling around in pain?

Can I throw people through walls? Can I attack people who are already down? This is important.

from I understand, if they are in danger of falling etc. Spidey auto webs them out of danger

>Implying Carol is a hero

Get that disgusting thing out of here.

so I should expect Carlie too?

There are actually people in this thread that will take this bait literally.

> implying you never webbed up a guy, carried him to the top of the empire state building, then powerbombed him all the way to the pavement in spider-man 2, aka the GOAT spidey game

fuck insomniac

keyword: shouldn't

sometimes shit happens but until then a hero should do all in their power to not kill.

So just like how he killed Gwen? Spidey's a serial killer I guess...

I mean the running joke with Uncharted is Nathan Drake is a maniac who has killed thousands of men and makes the game feel unrealistic.

Nah, I'm pretty sure seeing such a bland character get pushed everyone is way more annoying.

>Punisher
>Deadpool

JJ would have a case if he ever caught Spidey take the law into his own hands. Also he would be considered a Vigilante not a Hero. That where Venom comes in.

>Punisher
>Deadpool
>Heroes

Stop.

He would be more spider than man, a Man-Spider.

>Why are mentally retarded apes laughing at this

Oh gee user I don't know

Carlie is Quesada's.

That's pre-emptive self-defense. Nate canonically hasn't killed anyone that's not employed by his enemies. This is especially apparent in how tackling policemen during the Talbot chase in UC3 results in him immediately being taken down. Note also how he doesn't break out of (government) prisons and instead is bailed out. The only times Drake can actually hurt an innocent is due to unintended results from ragdolling such as a museum guard falling after being tranquilized.

Im not gonna say heroes shouldn't kill cuz thats bullshit, but spiderman has never been one of those heroes that throws people off buildings and murders to accomplish his goals, hes always been pretty PG-13

Maybe, but it's not something Spider-Man should do.

No, it's something Peter Parker wouldn't do.
It's something Spider-Man -should- do when a villain has shown that they'll do this shit a thousand times over.
Letting them live puts every life after that on you.

Does spiderman even really kill? He's always made as big a deal about it as Batman as far back as I can remember but I don't remember him ever having absolute explicit no-kill rule.

every time in the trailer that a henchman got smacked with a huge piece of construction material - he would be dead. That's how I watched the trailer

Spider man killed like 10 henchmen

It's not like killing them solves the problem either.

They are either resurrected, survived because of some stupid reason, or some other guy steals their suit/powers.

>caring about Sup Forums's opinions on any matter
>ever
Remember they're the same guys who got Moot to quit because they discovered game ''''''''''journalism'''''''''' was corrupt.

It could be an interesting gameplay mechanic.
>throw someone off a roof for insta-kill like other games, but risk extra time/webbing saving him
>do it the basic way and beat the shit out of him
Good quicktime risk/reward.
or it could be garbage.

He's not. He was surprised as anyone else that two of his characters made it in.

88,000 deaths in NYC per year

Straight-up. Watching that game play trailer when he boots a crook off the roof and ropes him back, made me realize that I'm a murderer in Spider-Man 2. I kick thugs off rooftops all day, and sometimes bring one to the top of Empire State to pile-drive them to the ground.

This is why a Kaine game would've been better

>Ran over criminals with the Batmobile in Arkham Knight
>They just get tased and are immune to players going back and forth over them
>Vee does not mind
>This happens
>LEL, SHITTY GAME

Sup Forums has been the cesspool of this site for at least 7 years now, why are you surprised?

How is this news?
I don't remember ever killing anyone on.a Spiderman game

Is that you, Frank?

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums are laughing at us again

>again
They've never stop laughing at us.

>Sup Forums idiots mad about killing Nazi in wolfenstein
i dont give a shit

Fuck. I assume if you knock someone off a building, it takes control away from you and webs them back?

Spider-Man doesn't kill.

And don't bring up Superior Spider-Man because that was not Peter Parker.

Batman didn't kill in the Arkham games either. Sure, he maimed and caused severe damage but he never killed.

Mainly because the game said he didn't.

Despite what players would do in gameplay.

... yeah, there's an admittedly gray area there but SPIDER-MAN DOESN'T KILL.

I'd say it puts every life on whatever prison or institution that can't hold a super villain at this point. Also, you are referring to murderers like Norman, right? Not thieves like Shocker or Black Cat? Finally, I think you'd enjoy Superior Spider-Man. Don't mean that as an insult. It was a fun ride.

They're saving that for the mode where you play as Venom.

Batman gtfo

Because nobody was expecting Spidey to kill anyway, so specifying that he can't is kind of dumb.
Plus, let's be real, you'll be able to do things that should kill people, like fling them off buildings.

Interested in the story. They said today you play as Peter outside the suit. Don't if that means during Story or you can switch between.

>Wolverine shows up in Venom's first mission for no other reason than to be Wolverine
i don't even know why i have this game but i need to get around to finishing it

It's a pretty fun game. You can race against Johnny Storm when you play as Peter.

It's just rampant shitposting, why is anyone fucking surprised? I guarantee not a single person on Sup Forums right this very second even gives a shit, but between console war threads and "what did they mean by this #485991", someone got bored and started baiting because they had nothing better to do.

But my shallow and gay insight on a bunch of anonymous faggots holds no water. It doesn't fucking matter. They're going to continue to make awful posts, and scream at each other "ironically", and continue to drag us further down to hell whether anyone likes it or not.

I honestly wish I found Reddit first before that cesspool. At least I would be happy. Blissfull ignorant that cocksuckers around these parts like arguing for the sake of arguing, because their precious screenshots from r/Sup Forums told them they had to.

Fuck Sup Forums for being an awful place.
Fuck Joe Quesada and Dan Slott for ruining Spider-Man.
Fuck Beenox for fucking up so badly on Edge of Time.
Fuck "Stan 'Stole DC's ideas' Lee" for being such a sack of shit.
Fuck you for reading this post.

That's exactly how all the other spider man games were, how is this news? What's next? Metal Gear Solid has guns in it?

Who hurt you, user?

You should be mad if it was a Punisher game and you couldn't kill

Spider-man doesn't really kill people so I'm cool with this.

I'd like to see her in costume at some point in the story. Bonus if you can play as the Wraith.

You know those are literally the two worst boards right?

...Yeah? What is your point here?

>DARK HAWK IS FASTER THAN YOU
as one of the only kids at the time who understood that reference, I foolish thought he would show up.

Yeah, Sup Forums is a pretty awful place to discuss games half the time.
But it's still far better than Sup Forums.

>that spoiler
this is top-tier bait. You do know they literally had a thread where a dude fucked an actually baby?

wait what

It's actually kinda neat cause spidey is a no kill hero

>It's actually kinda neat cause spidey is a no kill hero

Tell that to Gwen Stacy (OH SNAP!)

You mean /x/ and /po/

I'm more confused over the need to STATE this, barring fuckery clearly on the part of the players Spider Man games don't you do that by default. What's next, you're going to tell me it takes place on Earth? That the game is set in Manhattan? That water is wet?

A year ago someone posted a webm of a dude fucking a baby. The mods banned the thread a couple of minutes after the post.

>hurr Sup Forums is stupid am i right???
it's not like this board is any better.

And that's gonna be some of the fun to attempt to glitch the game and cause some damage.