We're getting an episode of Gumball with puppets done by the DHMIS people

We're getting an episode of Gumball with puppets done by the DHMIS people.

variety.com/2017/tv/festivals/cartoon-network-amazing-world-of-gumball-puppet-1202462475/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j5CBhPDQDr4&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2gh_WG3YJBITuO-tODVCcJ&index=38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish that Gumball took the time to make more episodes like this.
A total shift in artstyle for all characters would be fun to see.

Will the episode be written well, though?

Oh my god, if they actually make references to DHMIS and/or make the episode actually as creepy as DHMIS I will love this show forever.

Are they ever not?

I'm assuming they will. Gumball doesn't give a fuck.

It's also interesting they are saving these last 10 season 5 episodes. I wonder when they will air especially as season 6 won't come out until next year.

They'll air by September. I mean, they've been advertising it in the extended summertime go promo.

>he appears in the background throughout the episode

yessss

Ben said he had an ending in mind for Gumball. That it would be beautiful and meaningful. But he's leaving the show after season five and the show is continuing without him. What happens to his beautiful ending? Will they put it on ice and use it at some point down the road?

It's weird. I loved Gumball. I was one of the first people to talk about it. Interviewed Ben Bocquelet and got free swag from Cartoon Network. But recently, I've been watching it less and less. That month-long bomb of episodes made me fall so far behind, as there are over a dozen episodes I haven't watched yet.

It's sort of depressing. I came to Sup Forums in 2009 to talk about Gumball. Was in the 2011 threads when the show premiered. Yet I feel like everything moved on without me.

Based Gumball does it again.

Frickin sweet

is this that crossover he said was coming?

He's leaving at season six.

>Gumball is CN's second most popular show
>Airs almost as much as Teen Titans Go
>Show won't get cancelled
>Only Ben is leaving

How long till it becomes shit like Spongebob?

Wait, is it and episode and spin off shorts or is it just shorts?

Also it said Turner is taking the series in a new direction, that's interesting.

Gumball's fate is fully in the hands of Cartoon Network Europe. Until they get another hit, they're going to keep milking Gumball. I don't think Prince Ivandoe is going to be that hit.

Plenty of times actually.

>I came to Sup Forums in 2009 to talk about Gumball
What were you talking about 2 years before the show began? The pilot?

>such talent wasted on a terrible tv show

It was announced in 2009. I thought it would be something special.

Damn that sounds cool
youtube.com/watch?v=j5CBhPDQDr4&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2gh_WG3YJBITuO-tODVCcJ&index=38

bait

I've never seen this before, neat

>the bit where Gumball mutilates and devours Darwin because he's a cat and cats eat fish
What did they mean by this?

This is good news. I hope Gumbo gets a good send off. All the best to the staff.

This series went to garbage after the first episode.

Hopefully the episode will be batshit crazl ike DHMIS

crazy*

>Hopefully the episode will be batshit crazl ike DHMIS
Then what's the fucking point?

Oh wait I misread it as "wont" sorry,

but will it be CREATIVE?

Since this is Gumball we're talking about, YES.

THIS. Also, more episodes with weird toon shit.

80% of the show isn't well written

>Ben said he had an ending in mind for Gumball. That it would be beautiful and meaningful
Ben says a lot of stupid shit. I don't believe in him anymore

>I came to Sup Forums in 2009 to talk about Gumball. Was in the 2011 threads when the show premiered
Those days were so autistic... and so good. Remember the massive shitstorm when the second season was announced and everyone was mad at the new artstyle?

Let me guess, it's gonna air June 19.

I remember when, like, half of the fandom we had on Sup Forums left after The Goons. The Picnic bothered a ton of people, but The Goons was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Now that was a shitstorm..

The hate for The Picnic was totally irrational. There isn't nothing wrong with the episode.

I didn't like episodes where Gumball is made to be incredibly stupid. Eating the map, thinking that's how he learns from it, really rubbed me the wrong way. I also loathed the episode that implied Gumball didn't know how to use a computer. Made no sense.

Season 1 in general is a lot more meh to bad though.

>Eating the map, thinking that's how he learns from it
That was funny. His explanation of how everything is made of little bits and circles was really cute. And the episode got some of the best art of the show. I can't hate something this beautiful. Episodes like The Club and The Painting were pure shit tho

The Painting was unironically my favorite episode for the longest time. I thought it was great.

I thought that the creators were against the huge channels.

Yeah sorry. I meant The Genius. The Painting was good
>"I've polished my cleaning products"

What about The Rocket?

That's not a real episode

there are still new episodes of this? I thought it ended?

Ben will leave after season 6 but it may or may not continue without him. New episodes air in september btw.

Are you sure?

looks like they have the freaky stretchy limb thing that the characters in dhmis had at times, unless they just fucked up darwin's height or gumball's on his knees

So when's The News airing?

Soo is a new DHMIS coming this year? Or a spinoff?

HE better

Next year

>DHMIS

I'mma be honest, I thought the people behind DHMIS were actually the producers of this show. I just get Gumball vibes watching it.

There are definite "throw away" episodes I think they put their B team of writers on.

So much has changed.

I get go fuck yourself vibes from your vibes comment
Go shove bullet vibes up your asshole
vibes

>Those days were so autistic... and so good.
yeah i miss old Sup Forums
i remember a post asking what darwins va looked like, somebody posted that pic of a black naked guy humping a giant kfc bucket

>he doesnt know about the_rocket.mp4
someone wasnt here in 2013 then, okay

Most of the current "fandom" was not here until 2015.

>tfw series runs long enough for them to do an episode in another media as a gimmick

DICK

Remember the Gumabuse/sadball?

I'm more surprised that they have not done this kind of thing sooner.

Wow, that's... not bad at all.

they've done this multiple times before

What happened to that animation style?

It looked like a perfect fit for the designs.

>What happened to that animation style?

it was never animated like that, that's concept art

and there's no way it could have every worked on a budget either way

I'M A COMPUTER

It was too good for the animators.

FOP already did it.

Oh yeah I forgot it was summer time, we have to put up with you fags now.

That sounds really boring.

Did what though?

Puppet episode

I remember the flockdraw threads, and later the pixiv threads, where some of that stuff started. That, and the Molly rape train meme. Lots and lots of trains.

Bluejr is still around - just drawing stuff for other shows. No idea where Rex ran off to. FishKwanzaa. GumRec, who claimed to be some hotshot indie musician. There were a lot of us namefags way back when.

Haven't used my Marty Feeb trip in ages. Once the show became really popular, I gradually lost my access to the studio. No more insider information meant there wasn't much point in holding on to that identity.

Why would you do that to him?

>Once the show became really popular, I gradually lost my access to the studio.
what did you fuck up, user