Just finished reading this and HOLY SHIT did it subvert my expectations

Just finished reading this and HOLY SHIT did it subvert my expectations.

That ending...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RGHQ4HE8SS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tfw it ended up being one of the best written endings in a webcomic I've ever got
Very few people can nail casual stupid human interaction down that well, I truly belive bendis would give his left nut to write like that.

praise Gob

do you mean you just started and binged it user, or you just caught up on the last ~10 updates?

honestly, I was just a casual reader but I got to be around for the hell arc updates and beyond. it's not completely for me but I totally dig all the religious/philosophical shit thrown in during endgame, and the last strip execution was simply elegant.

youtube.com/watch?v=RGHQ4HE8SS4

Finished it. Holy fuck was it a ride.

I fucking loved this series

It's a good story! It isn't for everyone though, you really have to be able to get into the right groove.

same boat, user.

i finished it within the span of two days, quite a ride. ending had me in tears.

who do you think was best girl? also nice dubs

I get that his goal was to make everyone happy, but doesn't the ending mean that katie in the new universe never gets validated about the apocalypse happening and never gets a boyfriend? that's sad

I just want to say Chaos was the best character and he only appeared in the final update.

Katie wasn't "validated by the apocalypse happening," she was just right about it all along. Without an apocalypse to prepare for, I choose to believe she was able to further pursue her passion for wasps and wasp-related activities.

Aurora or Trisssh, of course.

Nah, she'd be writing Cheese Forgive Me.

Frankly, I wasn't as impressed as I'd wanted to be. I'm anti-suicide, and Pasq's answer just rubs me wrong since the implication is that he died so she could live. Fits his character, but the easy way to prevent he and Aurora causing the apocalypse was have them live in different times. Short of temporal manipulation(which could have happened, it was that kind of strip), if they lived and died separate each other, no contact, no problem.

As it is now, it's only going to end in rhinos. Who still have the ability to dissipate angels and smash worlds. The consequence of original timeline is that Aurora feels bad and Pasq blames her for the apocalypse. But the people he cared about mostly lived and thrived after that. Red Hands aside, that is, but hey, they got to chill in Hell even.

With the knowledge that short of oblivion, you can still hang with folks you like, Pasq chose oblivion. Just doesn't sit right with me.

rhinos were apart of the apocalypse plan. no apoc, no rhinos

also I think you missed the fact that he could've gone into the next world without sacrificing himself, but this would've ended in another apocalypse or he would've had to wish for Aurora to never been existed.

however to Pasq, the idea that he would be essentially killing aurora in order for the rest of the universe to be saved was bullshit, instead he opted out to sacrifice himself so that everything could be right and still have aurora exist. It's not really suicide if you're doing it for a noble cause.

It was literally him or her
One or the other, they couldnt both exist in the same universe or they'd find eachother like they were destined and start the apocalypse.

So he didnt kill himself, he didnt martyr himself, he let her take his spot, he left so she could live in his place or else the apocalypse all over again forever.
Its not about sucicide, its about being willing to give up anything for the ones you love, maybe even your life i it comes to to it, the same way pushing somebody out of the way of a carcrash to take their space isisnt really suicide.

plus he remade the entire universe including giving the school Japanese outfits, im sure he got the rhinos to fuck off

Fuck, it ended?

Better stay out of here until I read it too, don't want some spoilers.

>that picture

oh

oh sweet summer childe, you really aren't ready.

If he had just gone back to how things were, there was always the chance that Aurora would still come to him. The only 100% way to avoid the apocalypse was to not be there.

Only thing I'm confused about, is Aurora called
Pasq in the new timeline? Because Ally mentions his name before going to get her.

I can see that; most of his character is about hating himself for being such a freak and causing bad things to happen all around him, so he felt that he had no place in the world. But, I find satisfaction in knowing that he helped a ton of alien civilizations and murdered the space rhinos in his road to redemption while waiting for the end of time. If he created a new universe with him still in it, he wouldn't be the same Pasqualo so he "dies" either way, at least with how it played out he can choose to die of his own accord knowing the new universe will be a better place and that he brought joy to so many alien worlds

That's the best Wojack hug meme I've ever seen.

>Fits his character, but the easy way to prevent he and Aurora causing the apocalypse was have them live in different times. Short of temporal manipulation(which could have happened, it was that kind of strip), if they lived and died separate each other, no contact, no problem.

being drawn to pasqualo is inherent to aurora's being I guess, no matter where or when he is in the universe

it's a bit of a handwave but I accepted it

It Hurts!! x LISA the RPG

someone make this happen

>Aurora is Pasqualo in the new universe
>Katie still ends up dating "Pasqualo"
>also goes on to become a best-selling novelist and wasp hobbyist

You don't get it dude. Pasqualo's entire thing was that he wanted to be a better and more deserving person than he felt he was. In this new universe, "Pasqualo" can be the loving, supportive friend that he always wished he could be, and not feel like a burden to his friends. It's suicide, yes, but it's also what he wanted all along. It's suicide with purpose and a better outcome, which I think every chronically depressed person has wished for at some point in their life.

Also, Harmony spells it out pretty clearly: Aurora's existence is contingent on there being a "Pasqualo" for her to make happy. If there is no Pasqualo, Aurora wouldn't be who she is. What happens in the end is really the only solution. Pasqualo existing in the new universe as a better person, and Aurora existing inside of that body as a Pasqualo that really and genuinely wants herself to be happy, and is capable of doing so.

No, it's not a perfect solution. It's bittersweet. Aurora sees what Pasq is going to do in the end, and tells him she doesn't want it. She wants him, who he is, to be happy. But that just isn't possible without her. Not because of magic powers or depression bullshit, but because our Pasqualo won't really be happy unless his friend Aurora gets her fair shot at life. That's who he is.

>reached heaven arc
mutha fuckin dad is there

not even on the end and I already wasn't ready

I'm saying that we've been shown already that death's not all that bad, it's oblivion that's truly the end. Unless you're unfortunate enough to know and care for someone who's never touched their own junk, but hell, they still exist and there's ways to break that barrier too.

So that removes the original cost of the apocalypse happening at all. Tubsy profits off his death happening, even.

But then you have oblivion, erasure. Never feeling or knowing anything more than nothing, and no one remembering you. Which still had holes in it because Pasq remembered, meaning he's got a bit of him outside the confines of the universe already.

I look at Pasq's choice the same as I look at Hartigan from Sin City offing himself to save Nancy from the mob(Only seen the movie which chased me off ever reading the book). He didn't save her, he just removed himself from reality. One less capable mind around to stop bad shit from getting worse. There's always, always going to be bad shit, but being able to be with those you care about? That's what makes it work.

I can accept that it's not a perfect solution, that it's bittersweet, but it still doesn't sit right with me. We've already had hints that there's cracks in the solution, with the dreams and similar, but hopefully it mostly works out. Story's done, supposedly, so 'happy ever after' is implied, but not guaranteed.

>best girl
Jennifer is the patrician choice. Eliza and Kim are good secondary choices though. Aurora is nice too. Trisssh is for monster girl plebs.

Pasq spent the entire comic being a self-centered piece of shit. Even when things were going good for him, it was all about himself and his whims. Pasq, at the end, is finally able to commit an unselfish act: remove himself and give everyone better lives.

I think Pasqualo got what he wanted in the end, and being able to accept finality is important.

just ordered one of these

The ending was great, how so many professionals in the animation or comic book can make a decent ending to save their life then some internet random completely nails it.

the ending left me satisfied deep in my soul.

If It Hurts got an animated series

Do you think Bones could do a good job

I mean they did a good job with Mob Psycho 100

werent there some guys trying to do an animated it hurts adaptation?

wonder what happened to that

I don't know if it would lend itself well to a cartoon

How do you adapt something with such immense genre shifts?

This is one of those things, like Undertale,[spoiler/] where it can really only be done in that medium. It works because of that specific medium.

The problem is that for a lot of types like that the story grows far beyond the scope of what was originally intended: it becomes too popular to abandon, time or their writing sensibilities change, whatever it is.

Gob started It Hurts!! though knowing exactly how he wanted to end it and knowing more or less how long it was going to be. I think minor things here and there probably changed based on reader feedback but the overall core of the story never did and that's very obvious given how much foreshadowing their is to stuff that has a payoff much farther down the line.

Have you seen the original art to Mob Psycho

There's probably a difference between what you think makes Undertale and It Hurts!! similar. Unlike the former, IH!! can work in another medium, specially a cartoon. The shifts in genre and tones is nothing that'd be impossible to recreate in animation. I see where you are going tho. Going from a 'sunday funnnies' format, to a 'slice of life' one, to then enter a more adventurous tone and narrative structure... it still has overarching themes and a continuity that is subtle and only spikes at certain points, namely when there is a shift in 'genre'. It wouldn't be for everybody, but it could be a great cartoon.

The real question is who should voice pasqualo?

I'd like to point out that Moral Orel had a shift much like that and some revere season 3 as the best season of that show, hands down.

>The real question is who should voice pasqualo?
Ben Diskin maybe? Pasqy's voice needs to have a bit of a childish, high pitched whine to it.

why the fuck would you still want to exist after being conscious for billions of years? it has to end sometime, you gotta let go at some point

Don't mind me, just posting best girl.

I'd like to see the apocalypse done by the Superjail animators.

are there any other webcomic that come close to this one?