Bug! The Adventures of Forager #2 Storytime

>no Bug storytime yet
For shame Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/p0ZTVb6.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This Doc Shaner variant is fucking great.

I think I know who most of these guys are.

I have to say, the labels are useful

See, Cyborg ain't so special.

Even with the labels I think I only have a rough idea of who one of them is and no idea who the other is.

Those henchmen designs can't be practical.

never liked Sandman's second costume

Which Sandman is this exactly? Is he different to the one from last issue?

Wesley Dodds, the golden age hero
i.imgur.com/p0ZTVb6.jpg

who's Vertigo series will never be completely collected :(

What does that door say?

Sandman is a pretty popular name

>loli on a leash
I'm surprised that was allowed.

Yeah I knew there were at least 3 and I figured this one was the golden age guy but when I googled him almost all the pictures had him a a completely different terrifying costume.

Oh nice.

So who's the thief guy?

How does he know so much about earth?

the gask mask/fedora was awesome but sales slumped a bit so he got a kid sidekick and a new outfit

Pretty sure he's lived here before. This run seems to be referencing tonnes of previous stuff. Kinda like what Way is doing with Doom Patrol.

He looks legitimately terrifying as fuck in the gas mask outfit. Any recs for him?

Can he stop making mother boxes for everyone? He made one first issue with the dominoes and now he made one when all they asked for was a radio. Will it be a running gag?

Maybe it'll actually be a plot point.

That's it. Be sure to support the series if you can. Even as someone that hasn't read alot of older stuff that I'm sure the series is referencing it's been bonkers fun so far.

Young Animal man, you have the ghost of a gigantic bitch impregnating her former body which has been possessed by a bird-alien.

his Golden age stuff
Sandman Mystery Theater by Matt Wagner

bump
This comic is fucking great so far

Sandman Mystery Theatre is great, and it WAS getting the thick Vertigo collection format, but the last one was cancelled. I think either 2 or three of the thicker collections got released

This issue was a lot easier to get a grasp on, tonaly especially.
Definitely taking some Giffen beats, the magazine cover panel feels straight out of Ambush Bug.

Even if it was a small role it was nice seeing Dan
Garrett get some love.

This.

You mean you didn't like seeing him essentially murdered by Dr. Fate in the new Blue Beetle series?

I'm pretty sure last issue also had the bear trying to get her to flash him.

The Losers were a team that appeared in the old war anthologies DC did, Kirby did a brief run in the 70's.

I know who the Losers and Dan Garrett are. It was the Sandman who I wasn't sure which version he was and I've never heard of Sandy the Golden Boy before.

Been looking for this one all day!

This is so far the best that DC is publishing right now.

Agreed, best looking especially.

There's something special with the Allred. I can't wait for that Doom Patrol one shot they are working on.

I'm sorry what?

Doom Patrol #7 is drawn by Allred, and it is a story about how the old team came together

Nice. I hadn't heard about that.

Elasti-girl time?

I just hope to see this man.

but he was already in Way's Doom Patrol. granted it was a small role

>this comic exists
I fucking wished I knew sooner. I got to go find issue one now.

I want to see him on the Allred style.

>How have you been, Niles Caulder? The Chief is back, and he’s ready to reshape the new Doom Patrol to be just like the old Doom Patrol—a prospect not everyone is happy with. But the team’s former leader hasn’t grown less manipulative in his old age, so nobody make any rash decisions. Pretty sure he’s up to something. Michael Allred (iZOMBIE, Silver Surfer) joins the team for this special issue.

Rita's dress is skimpy.

I think that might just be Casey in her dress

Good catch, it fits her hair, and I think there was something weird with her leg. I need to read those issues again now that everything wrapped up.

So the blessing the progeny line refers to the first guy Brand who's son is likely Deadman but what about the other guy?

bump

That Casey tho

Why is this 'Mature Readers'? Feels pretty All-Ages so far.....

see Though not every issue of every YA series HAS to have adult stuff in it. It's just that the teams are allowed to if they want.

>and I've never heard of Sandy the Golden Boy before.
Golden Age Sandman's sidekick. Got turned into a sand monster for a few decades. Came back calling himself Sand. Joined the JSA. Had a brief tragic romance with Hawkgirl. Has nightmare premonitions. Can still turn himself into sand. Temporarily erased from existence by the Flashpoint.

Allred is the best cartoonist the Big 2 employs
I love this

Bump.

>Brooklyn Brand
>Buddy Blankenship

>Boston Brand (Deadman)
>Buddy Blank (OMAC)

What's up here?

They save the blue goddess who blesses them and their progeny. Obvious reference and origin.

Thank you.

Is it bad that I laugh at these awful but hilarious word plays? Because I'm feeling silly, but cannot help myself, because, well, I find them really funny.

I'm not too familiar with the character, but maybe building mother boxes is one of the few things that he knows how to do, aside from the fighting and everything else.
Or it could be just a gag

word plays and puns in general are farly divisive. Many think they're funny, many others can't stand them. You really shouldn't worry about it

Same here. It's really fun in an unusual way.

I like his art for the most part but the way he draws lips bugs me

>loli on a leash
My fetish

bump

LOOSAHS!!!!

Will the Mister Miracle book be published under Young Animal as well? It's 'Mature Readers' rated in the soliciations....

I don't think so, probably because it will have different editors.

Isn't he Atlas, another Kirby chracter? Also appeared in Robinson's Superman
Also, the next issue's title is 'Atlas bugged'

I enjoy this comic, with the fun guest stars, bad jokes and overally zaniness, but the plot doesn't make any sense
I may be daft, but I don't understand what the hell is the little girl and teddy bear supposed to be, or why does anything happen

user, even the MC doesn't know what's going on,
We are supposed to not know at this point and just read until it's uncovered.