So was it a good comic?

So was it a good comic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uIvpboKVdrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it was until ken penders

/thread

Depends which eras you're referring to. When you have over 300 issues, you're going to have good things and bad things.

>Was
It-it IS a good comic. Definitely worth reading now that it finally got all the rebooting and legal shit behind it. W-what do you guys think of the Egg Bosses and all their characterization and ongoing sub-plots? I for one can't wait to see how that all turns out.

There's a reboot? Did they reset everything?

There was, forget which issue exactly but it was the result of that legal shit.

Did they have an event or something or did they just drop whatever storyline they were in before they started fresh?

Any closure to the past plots? I started reading a while ago, and was thinking about going back but if there's not going to be a legit ending then fuck that.

Can you explain?

There was a big crossover with Mega Man that caused the reboot. Immediately before then things were ramping up towards a climax, if I remember correctly, that climax being the crossover. In a weird sort of way the rebooted series is more of a continuation; there was a specific in-universe event in the old series that caused it, and immediately afterwards certain characters could actually still remember the old continuity for a little while.

>IS

Poor user. Still clinging to hope that its not really dead.

Godpseed user.

he made them reset everything which lead to the comic being canceled due to the sheer clusterfuck it became due to it

Some intern just fucked up the subscription. The printer is just jammed. You can't cancel a comic immediately after announcing an upcoming issue featuring the two best girls. It'll mail out any day now, you'll see!

Will someone make a storytime?

Seconded.

Its okay, user. Let it all out.

>two best

Honey and...?

Honey and Breezie!

KEK

This comic was marred by SEGA's mandates, and by artists who wanted a Sonic comic to be on a scope far larger than it ever should have been in the first place, including vague holocaust references.

Not the same user but the OP picture is in fact the cover for the first reboot comic.

Until they refund my money I guess it's still real, the hope I mean.

So why was it reset?
The reason I heard was because Sega got pissed about that one issue with sonic crying like a bitch on the cover.

I liked it for the most part, even some of the awkward penders years.

I kind of wish the pun filled funnybook years could have lasted longer though, or at least splintered off into it's own thing the same way AOSTH and SATAM were seperate things going on at the same time.

Sucks it's probably going to get axed. Even if someone else picks up the lisence it'll probably be Sonic Boom or 100% faithful to the game to avoid "brand confusion" ...which blows because if I wanted game faithful stories I'd stick to the games only.

The Sonic crying thing happened way sooner than the reboot, but Sega started paying more attention at that time.

The reboot happened when Ken Penders went full on autist and sued for posession of his OCs. Now the series is rebooted so that none of his OCs ever existed, and the world is closer to the one you see in the games, but without abandoning everything that made the comic what it was, like Robotnik basically having won and fighting to maintain his control.

This post covers what happened in the simplest of ways. Sonic crying on the other hand? That was Sega putting a mandate on what could and couldn't be done with all Sega original characters (in this case, Sonic is not allowed to show excessive emotion, unless it's a positive one).

I'll never understand that mandate. I do think relationship drama is not fitting for Sonic, but just crying in general shouldn't be off the table. It's like they want him to be incredibly bland as a character.

Eh, I don't like it either but I didn't mind Sonic being flirty with other characters and him crying rivers can be good if used in the right situation. I guess Sega was afraid that if they let it happen, some would think Sonic is a crybaby little bitch.

Saw a review that summed it up pretty well awhile back I think.

Kinda peaked around issue 50 or so during the Endgame Saga probably.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIvpboKVdrw

>&knuckles
>&knuckles
>&knuckles
>&knuckles

Dunno, haven't read it. But I've heard interesting things about it. Mostly involving a bullshit lawsuit.

It had it's good runs