Give us your flesh. We demand it

Give us your flesh. We demand it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b4c-yPu1lIo
youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Snyderman: Maybe i should do something- Fuck it happened again...

Why can't Machines understand that they're all tools? Just like everything else! Or rather...just like everyone else!

Does anyone else feel like The Second Renaissance undermines the story of the first Matrix movie?

"The Matrix" is an incredibly simple story, deep down. Beyond the ripoffs of Ghost in the Shell, general cyberpunk, and all the other stuff the Wachowskis stole, "The Matrix," the first movie, is just a really well done Hero's Journey. It's good vs evil, where humans are good and machines are evil. It's the triumph of the spirit over the merely mechanical, the defeating of metal by soul.

The Second Renaissance ruins the simple mythic quality of the first movie by providing us with the bane of all fairy tales: nuance. It's a foreshadowing of how totally shitty the sequels would be.

machine uprisings can't be simple, the very concept of AI pushes you into nuance.

The machines by the end of the war are objectively evil at least, though it was humans that pushed them into that

>those screams

>machine uprisings can't be simple, the very concept of AI pushes you into nuance.

What I'm saying is that the first movie doesn't care about that. It's totally lazy and hackneyed about it because it literally could not give less of a shit about the nuances of AI. That's not the point of the movie. The point of the movie is how Thomas Anderson, lameass wagecuck and part-time hacker, becomes Neo, The One, the Messiah, the Hero. He is Luke Skywalker with a grunge aesthetic. The movie DOES NOT CARE about how the Machines feel or why they got where they've gotten. Agent Smith's hints about the past of the Matrix are merely meant to seem sinister. The Machines are the Galactic Empire. They exist to be evil. They exist to be an absolute enemy that must be defeated at all costs.

The minute the sequels and the Animatrix deviated from this, they stopped telling that simple story and started telling another sort of story that, frankly, the Wachowskis aren't good enough storytellers to properly get across. It would take better, smarter storytellers than they are to make the rest of the Matrix Trilogy compelling.

The Galactic Empire had Vader though, who was nuanced, its not an inherently bad concept for this kind of movie just because the latter matrix sequels/the sw prequel trilogy fucked it up so bad.

No, the CONCEPT is fine. It's perfectly fine to have complex, nuanced stories that introduce shades of gray and give both sides good and bad points. What I'm saying is that the Wachowskis simply weren't competent to tell that sort of nuanced story. They are really not nearly as smart as they THINK they are, as the success of The Matrix led them to BELIEVE they are.

Reloaded and Revolutions have enough scattered points in them that make you realize that, if they had been handled by someone smarter, they would have been just as cool and a lot more compelling. Alas.

Also, Darth Vader only gets nuanced in ESB, in ANH he's a pretty standard villain with the virtue of a cool design.

But the movie does care. In the first movie it is pretty much two machines doing their job and one machine going off the deep end in it's hatred of humanity. Hell it turns it back on the other two in the fucking finale.

>Implying that machines needed that "human battery"
Either they still care for humans or it's just pure sadism

They wanted their brains for processing power but it was "too complex" for the average movie-goer.
So they got turned into batteries instead.

The Matrix was an allegory for Corporate America

A society run by soulless entities created by man but which man now serves. It uses you, the worker, to sustain itself, and feeds you lies and illusions to keep you placid and controlled.

Neo at the start of the movie is a standard suit-and-tie wage slave, working day in and out to make someone else money, and being talked down to and reprimanded by the very people he sustains, with no option of escape because the system in place gives those people all the power over him.

Then he's given a way out, and shown what it all is.

That's why the movie was so successful. It resonated with people. Something in their subconscious personally identified with the entire scenario, even if they didn't realize what exactly.

The real philosophical question would be why the machines stagnated once they won. There is no reason they should not have gone into space or become even more advanced, instead they just sat there and farmed humans. That suggests that the machines are not true AI or that their own culture was terrified of more advanced machines supplanting them the same way they did humanity.

Artificial Intelligence is irrelevant. Robots are just iron shells for ACTUAL Intelligence!!!

>gone into space
How do we know they didn't?

I genuinely cannot even tell what you're trying to joke about and/or imply at this point.

What I always wants to know about the Matrix setting is who in the FUCK thought it would be a good idea to block out the source of LITERALLY ALL ENERGY ON THE PLANET just to spite the machines.

There's no coming back from that. Even if humanity won, we'd still die out. How did the guy who came up with that retarded idea ever get anyone to agree with him? Must have rolled a fucking nat 20 on his persuade check.

Dark Storm

What? Bullshit. Smith's comments don't constitute a rebellion. He's the ONLY Agent who speaks at length, for that matter, so nothing in the movie leads us to believe his ideas about humanity are in any way aberrant. He only goes rogue in Reloaded, and THAT only comes after he's been changed by his encounter with Neo. Which is one of those scattered points of a good idea I talked about before. In The Matrix itself Smith is just the identifiable face of the enemy. He is our Darth Vader.

Humanity was facing what they assumed was extinction, it was literally the final solution.

But no, it's really retarded because thermal and nuclear power will always be a thing. Like maybe if they machines had built a supercomputer up there to become a giant hive mind and we darkened the sky in order to cut off all their eyes and a part of their brain?

humans have reached the stage where we can generate our own energy from the earth even without the sun, with nuclear fission and whatnot.

They are aberrant, the other two agents are mildly surprised that smith unplugged his ear jack and he literally tells Morpheus that his views of humanity were his own conclusions about things.

The silliest idea was that setting off nukes did it. Nuclear winter was a long debunked concept before the Matrix came out.

"Mildly surprised" isn't enough, and Smith's comments, again, are never assumed to be too far beyond the pale. He IS still an Agent, after all, and the whole point of the Agents' aesthetic and demeanor is that they're old-fashioned G-Men. They are meant to be government enforcers. It's hammered into us that Smith speaks for the Machines as a whole and not enough is done to convince us otherwise.

That doesn't account for the ecosystem.
All the energy in the world won't save you if it doesn't put food in your stomach.

Reminder that this happened

youtube.com/watch?v=b4c-yPu1lIo

> that scene of an android girl being lynched by a mob while her bf was forced to watch the ordeal
We deserved it

What Operation Dark Storm did?
>Obviously blocked our Sun n shiet
>Denied humies/machine air superiority
We only saw sentinels n pyramids + nukes flying
>Denied space travel

Well, keep in mine the Matrix was NEVER meant to be a power source. It was originally supposed to be about harnessing our brains for raw processing power. This is why the machine simply couldn't put us to sleep. They needed us awake and thinking. But it was re-written because the studio didn't think the audience was smart enough to grasp the concept. Frankly, I think they were right. The average American is too stupid to understand.

...it didn't. They specifically threw some smoke bomb gadgets into the sky to darken it.

>that time KND tried to cut off the adults' coffee supply

>Those experiments on the human prisoners

Operation Dark Storm was literally the worst idea they could've come up with. Even if they won, the world would've been uninhabitable.

I for one was rooting for the machines.

>EMP is a main weapon against machines
>Nukes can't stop them
That was pretty silly.

Don't think about the Matrix's backstory. It's too anime to be taken seriously.

Pretty sure since it was a huge nanoswarm they hardcoded a very specific secret code or chemical fix into it that they'd tidy up when it wall all over and they the clear winners, since they all lost and got btfo they probably lost it forever.
Not the worst plan in human history to be honest considering the over half the team working on the atom bomb were convinced it would ignite earths atmosphere but we launched it anyway under much less shit circumstances.

If not then it was one of the last acts of petty human 'yeah you win but fuck' you that make me proud of our species in a really weird way.

>Humans enslaved machines
>Began war on them
>Burned planet to ashes
>Closed skies making food production impossible
>Machines are OK without humans
Is Matrix a bioreserve for humankind? They tried to make it paradise.

Both of the Wachowskis are transgender.

Does that mean transgenderism has a genetic component?

Did one CATCH transgenderism from the other?

Is transgenderism a memetic illness?

The Matrix was an allegory for many things.

The feminists will come for your sex-bot exactly the same way, user.

>"Why keep us alive?"
>"They use our brains as biological computers."
>"Oh."

I think it's fairly well established that being transgender, like being gay, has a strong genetic component. You're also more likely to be out as transgender if you're in an environment in which you feel that you'd be accepted for being transgender, which if your sibling was already transgender, you probably would.

There is a big difference between the incidental EMP of a high altitude nuclear detonation and weaponized local EMP.

Nobody working on the bomb thought it could do that. Sci-Fi writers at the time thought it could do that.

then you weren't paying attention.
i was like 9 when that movie came out and i had no problem understanding that smith was going off the deep end

>Is Matrix a bioreserve for humankind?
Actually yes.

Is it possible that their society advanced in ways unnoticeable to humanity?

If they had the matrix for humans, they probably had some sort of robotic paradise program for themselves.

>I'm real...
fuck

I can't remember what I was reading but I read an article talking about how with today's technology it would be much easier for machines to just leave and colonize their own planet rather than try and take over Earth

>That scene where the mech is being held down as the machine opens up the cockpit.
>The moment where you hear the soldier asking god to help him.
>The sound when the machine rips him out of the cockpit and his arms and legs are left inside.

This scene was weird to me because blowing up the UN seemed a tad unnecessary.

eh, you know those fuckers would have done everything in their power to stab the machines in the back if they could.

I think the robots largely saw this as "We gave you plenty of chances to do the right thing, now we are giving you zero chances to do the wrong thing."

>those strangled screams as it starts wrenching him out of the cockpit

user, there were people who watched the entirety of the X men movie, and didn't see the slightest parallel with civil rights.

I never understood "le Matrix is bad meme" The first film was great, the sequels being garbage fires doesn't really take away from that.

>Also, Darth Vader only gets nuanced in ESB, in ANH he's a pretty standard villain with the virtue of a cool design.

No, you gotta wait for Jedi for that character development to kick in.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA

Wasn't that the plot of Armitage?