"The Book of Life 2" in production, "Kung Fu Space Punch" Also coming soon

variety.com/2017/film/festivals/annecy-reelfx-jorge-gutierrez-the-book-of-life-2-1202466961/

Well there's a surprise

I really,really hope it's good, but I'm not much confident about that.

Even the first one was merely "ok". How much can Mexicans milk La Dia de Los Muertos anyway?

All the first one had was pretty visuals, and it didn't even do that well. A sequel will just flop even harder

Huh. I thought the first one flopped.
Looks like there's going to be more sexy sugar skeletons in this one, so I suppose it'll probably supply what I'm looking for.

Well, it looks like Pixar wants to try.

Hopefully there's way more Land of the Dead and much less of the Land of the Living because there was very little afterlife hijinks in the first film.

This could possibly redeem the first movie but it won't.

Coco was in development longer than Book of Life retard

>not following Pixar's behind the scenes activity makes someone retarded

So you're saying book of life was just a fast follow ripoff of coco like Madagascar and The Wild

Saying stupid shit makes you retarded let alone shit nobody really cares about
Except The Wild was released 6 months after Madagascar, Coco is coming 3 years after Book Life and also the big kicker is that while Madagascar was a big success Book of Life bombed and nobody remembers it.

Except no normal person follows Pixar enough to know that their Day of the Dead movie isn't a ripoff of a movie that was released years ago.

Creativity is dead.

Except no normal person gives a shit about the Book of Life enough to claim that Coco is a ripoff

Book of Life had style, but that story sucked ass.

It probably did very well on DVD and digital.

and George pitched the movie 11 years prior to disney

Cool horseshit bro

>The Book of Life was originally optioned by DreamWorks Animation in 2007, but never went beyond development because of "creative differences".[6] From there the film went to Reel FX,[11] with 20th Century Fox handling distribution rights.

>Coco
>Three years after Book of Life
Fuck me, time flies

I thought the first one was busy and uninteresting. Too much shit going on for the sake of having some shit going on screen. A lot of people liked it though and I can see a sequel being a surprise hit after it did well on video.

>“I want to make a movie about an American Kung Fu cowboy guy in space who falls in love with a Mexican girl,” Gutierrez said at the Annecy Work in Progress.
Errr sure I guess

HOLY SHT YESSSSSS

Well this is the first good news in awhile, i cant wait.

So glad Kung Fu Space Punch has nothing to do with KFP and actually seems awesome.

More skeletitties. Fucking nice.

Hopefully they can get the pacing down. Because other than that I loved it

>Book of Life 2

Shit man, I didn't think they'd make it. I'm gonna have to see it on principle alone.

I really hope the story is as good as the visuals this time. It pains me to admit something so astonishingly beautiful made for a mediocre film in every other respect.

Name one other mexican cultural staple that isn't cartels or drugs.

Tacos, Frida Kahlo, muralistas, Pancho Villa

It's already won the moral highground over Disney and Pixar

Wait, what. How?

Actual Mexican making it.

And Gutierrez likes to roll all that up and put it into his productions.

I just want more JOAQUIIIIN

I'm a simple man.

>it didn't even do that well. A sequel will just flop even harder

>Huh. I thought the first one flopped.

Technically the first movie wasn't a flop. It had a budget of $50 million and made almost exactly $100 mil. So, it's a success by some standards. (I've heard now Hollywood is pushing to make triple your budget to be considered a success but I have no citation for that.)

As long as it still has cool visuals, I'll watch it.

I am glad I made time to go see it in theaters. But wow, 2014? Fuck how time flies.

I'll go see this one to support it. While the story wasn't amazing, I quite enjoyed it. It was simple and straightforward. I understand people wanting to see more of the Land of the Forgotten and I agree, but I also enjoyed the Land of the Remembered. Ron Perlmon was great as Xibalba.

And the best part is everyone (or nearly everyone) seems to agree the visuals were great.

Personally I'm going to go see this film in theaters because I want to support non-Disney animation. It's the only way we'll get something that isn't another Princess film or a (progressively more bland) Pixar film. Man Pixar really has lost the spark and magic lately.

But yeah, it might not be perfect but it really fit for the director/creator's vision. I've love him since he made The Buzz on Maggie and El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera.

Nice

Considering how much heart and work Jorge put into making the first movie happen, I'm glad he's getting to continue it.