Was there more cartoon shows about African-Americans?

Fat Albert is the only one I can remember.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H4A1haySbx8
youtube.com/watch?v=nJ76nuzDWCk
youtube.com/watch?v=YH0o-zofRsA
youtube.com/watch?v=k1tMr5yEwM0
youtube.com/watch?v=z0WCR7BVx7k
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZBfqkIAAc
youtube.com/watch?v=j0wkHixS6iA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not remembering The Cleveland Show

>So many DSL

youtube.com/watch?v=H4A1haySbx8

youtube.com/watch?v=nJ76nuzDWCk
Static Shock was primarily about a black superhero, and dealt pretty consistently with the heme of his race.

youtube.com/watch?v=YH0o-zofRsA
I hated the shit out of the pride family and would change the channel when it came on, but it was about a black family and community.

Boondocks, nuff said.

youtube.com/watch?v=k1tMr5yEwM0
The PJS was dogshit.

>PJ's Projects
>Boondocks
>The Cleveland Show
>The Proud Family

there are also shows with black protagonists, but race is more incidental to their character, and race is not a major focus of the show.
>Static Shock
>Mike Tyson's Mystery something.
>the Harlem Globetrotters cartoon

>but race is more incidental to their character, and race is not a major focus of the show.
>Static Shock
Did you every watched that show? Or read the source material?

youtube.com/watch?v=z0WCR7BVx7k

>it's a Jetson-esque future
>the blacks still live in a shack and drive a beater
I'm white and even I can feel that sting a little. Fugg.

Boy they built some fat ass lips for that rocket.
There's also Filmore for the second list.

this scene is beautiful and the best thing the boondocks has done

bebe's kids, the proud family, the PJ's

I liked the Proud Family because of the dad's antics
Fuck Penny though

>Waynehead
>Class of 3000
>The Proud Family
>Static Shock
>The Boondocks
>The PJs

>all these honkey doodle dandies not posting the best member of the best race

>You're a nobody, Dumb Donald

Classic case of a cartoon too good to last

If you like buckteeth go ahead, mushmouth probay got crazy shit going inside that mouth too

The PJs was pretty funny
>"Some place where little boys don't belong. The wonderful world of crack."
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZBfqkIAAc

Was the Black Dynamite cartoon worth watching? I loved the movie but I didn't think they could top it.

It's a little more absurdist than the movie but I love them both equally. I love the movie for being the second best blaxploitation behind shaft in Africa, and I love the cartoon for being a fantastic action toon that we don't get near enough of. Whole cast is the same too

Cool I'll check it out. Rake up em fruits user

They did those episodes pretty well, though.

>bullied school shooter and those affected gets help while they bullies get in trouble
>racist only racist because he deals with a lot of niggers and learns to treat everyone in an individual way rather than "learning" to just love every black person
>doesn't make all gangbangers 100% evil because people have different motivations
Static Shock was too good.

HEY HEY HEY! I'M THE KEYBLADE MASTER!

I'm surprised nobody seems to remember Fatherhood considering it was a Bill Cosby creation...

Fat Albert's VA played Fat Albert with wind powers in Static Shock.

A lot of these shows were terrible.

Hello friend!

African-French instead of American but Foot 2 Rue has a predominately black cast (or in some character's cases "ambiguously brown")

>when i'm done molesting you you're gonna wish I didn't make you

Didn't the Jackson Five have their own cartoon?

Yes.

The Jackson five had their own cartoon.

Afro Samurai

Whole cast except for BD himself. Still great though.

Every time I'm in the projects, the PJs is always in my mind. Theme song and everything. Plus the building always look the same way.

Wayne Head
youtube.com/watch?v=j0wkHixS6iA

>A future society where blacks are redlined to the outer limits of the city, in shitty housing and a beat up car.

Here is the problem.
If Fat Albert was made by a white guy it would be considered a hate crime.
The vast majority of cartoons subsist on caricatures.
Exaggerated depictions are a very base facet of comedy and when done to black people by white people it is always taken as form of racism.

But Michael Jai White played Black Dynamite on the cartoon.

What are you talking about?

That show was so vanilla it was sad. Little Bill had far more character than this show.

sUPER gLOBETROTTERS

rICKETY rOCKET

Granted I was a dumb kid who liked the X Men cartoon, but I really enjoyed Static Shock.

The characters of Fat Albert had actual characteristics that weren't just "I'm a black stereotype, look at me". The characters had interests outside of stereotypical "black things", were shown to be functioning individuals with mostly stable families. The episodes focused on their daily lives and troubles in the inner city.

Sure, if a white guy made this show, it'd probably get slighted, but Fat Albert is far from being just a collection of stereotypes. Fat Albert isn't like the old Looney Toons cartoons where black characters were tap-dancing, jiving, big lipped dimwits.

I feel like there was a shitload in the early 90s.
Remember Hammerman?
Remember C Bear and Jamal?

There was a Globe Trotters cartoon

>racist only racist because he deals with a lot of niggers and learns to treat everyone in an individual way rather than "learning" to just love every black person

Wheres Static Shock you fucking white boys

>its not like the movies

I dont know why but I always thought that line was great

yeah man, a cartoon about a black superhero is definitely about how racism is 100% OK so long you make exceptions once in a while

But that's not what you are quoting. Are you missing the point on purpose or just stupid?

>Dude it's not his fault he's racist. He's only racist because of all those dirty niggers.
>Them fuckin' liberals want white men to love all black people. That's the real racism there. I mean it's fine to hate most black people but there's a couple of good ones here and there.

If he genuinely doesn't think that, that's fine. I'd love to just be stupid here.