War of Jokes and Riddles

Are you hyped for King's big story arc?

I'm a little hyped it'll be interesting reading about two extremely smart bastards trying to fuck with each other

Expecting intelligent people to act intelligently in comics is a mistake.

Look at New Avengers.

The only good issue has been Batman/Swamp Thing, so no.

That issue was literally garbage.

t.Ewingfag

We'll when you get people trying to write characters with triple their IQ the smart things they do Borderline wizardry not just in comics just looks at shit like Sherlock

Not even Snyder was this edgy. What a hack.

my god, this is ridiculous.
Riddler is an edgy cutfag and joker can't smile?
For fuck's sake, enough with the subversions.
Play your bloody characters straight.

>tom king projecting his cutting fetish again

>Mentally unstable person commits act of self harm
Not seeing the big deal here

>Not even Snyder was this edgy.
Did you even read Snyder's Batman?

I am less hyped after seeing those two pages.

I actually kind of like the idea of Joker trying to get his smile just right
Like he spends an hour trying to strike the right balance of manic and menacing

I want fuck to Edward Nygma

I was just about to say that. This is basically Joker's way of putting on his clown makeup

>Did you even read Snyder's Batman?

I'm starting to think some of the negative comments lately are lazy people putting less effort into contrarian shitposting.

That scenario is so close to the antics in series 3.

I hope they do a nod to Mark Hamill and have him practicing his laugh in a car or something while asking some random bystander to rate which laugh strikes that balance the most.

Naturally the bystander is terrified through the entire experience.

His Riddler wasn't that edgy. The worst of it was that question mark mohawk he had in the first issue that was quickly dropped and never mentioned again.

Has Janin been working with a different colorist on Batman than he did on Grayson? I loved his art on Grayson but both here and in I am Suicide it looked like shit. If there's no different colorist involved, then is it shit because it's on a biweekly schedule? When Grayson was coming out, I remember telling people, more than once, that Janin was my favourite artist on a currently ongoing big two series, why do I hate his art now? I have gone back and looked at his art in Grayson, and I still love it, but something's fucking wrong with his art now.

>Riddler is an edgy cutfag and joker can't smile?
I see it as Joker practicing his smile since he needs to be on his best. You know, like a rehearsal.

I didn't like Snyders run on Batman that much either. His Batman felt a little silly when he was actually doing detective work. Joker using innate chemicals in the Joker serum to spell out ACE chemicals which would then lead Batman on a scavenger hunt. Or when he brought out that gigantic mech (which is now becoming common place with Snyders Batman when you read his new work about the Dark World). I still enjoyed court of owls.

Tom's dialogue maybe borderline autistic with the whole "Bat, Cat, bird" thing but I kind of like the way he building the characters. Even if some scenarios are forced as hell. Or and over reliance on the Jokercentric plots.

Yeah Joker prides himself as some artist so it makes sense for him to be a perfectionist about it.

>Or and over reliance on the Jokercentric plots.
I meant to say he is not like Snyder with Snyders jokercentric plots.

>We'll when you get people trying to write characters with triple their IQ the smart things they do Borderline wizardry not just in comics just looks at shit like Sherlock

It is legitimately difficult writing a character which is smarter than you the writer. Especially when most writers are English Literature majors who don't know about anything outside of the comic book or literary world.

I'd be more hyped if it wasn't fucking Janin. He's US War Machine-tier

>Mentally unstable person commits act of self harm
man, miss all the lolcows that used to do this on Sup Forums all the time, shit was hot

okay, I take that back, joker practicing is okay

don't believe their lies the whole joker scene is just an artists masturbatory self reference to his own poor takes

pretty sure mohawk riddler was in Dark Knight Detective

I don't know what you're referring to but it's right there on the cover.

you're right I must have confused the two issues

when new 52 launched there were 3 Batman books

Batman by Snyder
Batman and Robin by Tomasi
Batman: The Dark Knight by David Finch

Dark Knight sucked and it also had a riot at Arkham in the first issue

Janin is so fucking crazy good

When did Eddie get hot?

That's a lot of straight 3D model dumping in 2 pages.
What the fuck are you smoking?

partaking in pharmaceuticals or just shit taste?