INDIE COMICS

>INDIE COMICS

>BOOM!
>indie

They just do licensed shit anyway.

So, Almost Human is getting a comic spinoff right?

Boom was never indie. Fuck, if you want to get technical, not even Image is indie.

Hypernaturals movie when?

Indie means "not owned by a big corporation."

Lol @ how indiens are quick to dismiss BOOM! once they get bought.

Oh, we never liked BOOM, ever.

Since when

No one here ever liked Boom, it was Tumblr: the comic book company since day one.

And what the fuck is a indien?

>I started posting in 2013: the post

Indie comics should just be thought of as self published stuff. Like all those zines and mini comics no one reads. Every larger publisher is a company so they're not really independent from the industry

Hey man, the Power Rangers comic is pretty much the furthest from "Tumblr" you can get. It's pretty much an outlier compared to other Boom books. And that's not a bad thing

Since forever, corporate bitch.

What about fanta?

That doesn't answer my question

I like boom studious. They do well with the properties they're given desu.

Or Big Trouble in Little China, or Valen the Outcast.

>goalposting

Not indie, just say they publish alternative comics

*>moving the goalposts
I'm tired. Good night.

How am I moving the goalposts? I just want to know what the fuck an indien is. Sorry I'm not familiar with your shitty obscure meme.

Boom was never indie. They started as a property mill and still are. That being said they at least fund the odd good comic with their blood money. Grass Kings is promising and Godshaper is great. Also Deep is okay.

I mean just because they do licensed comics doesn't mean they don't also do indie comics. IDW may be built on 80's cartoons and toys, but they have comics like Locke and Key or Tom Scioli's American Barbarian

BOOM just put out the first issue of a 4 part horror comic by Cullen Bunn The Unsounded that was good

BOOM owns Archaia

which means Fox now owns Mouse Guard (and the Jim Henson fantasy conics)

It's a nickname for arrogant people who read indie comics

Or we could keep using "indie" to mean "not Marvel or DC", and we could keep using "self-published" to mean "self-published".

That's much less work, since we don't need to find a new term to mean "self-published" because we already have the term "self-published" which means exactly that.