JSA Storytime: X-Statix

Good evening owls,

An evening of Doop content is coming your way

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/10lhic/doop_translations_for_wolverine_and_the_xmen_17/
Marvel.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Katehunter in Green Arrow soon

Too bad the writing sucks

yesssss time for best DC lawyer

I got bored after like 10 issues, but I thought it was mostly fine. Just yeah, boring.

>X-STATIX: THE MOVIE

also that's an Ultimate Nullifier to his right

Why does Cyborg look like a raisin?

I enjoy bones thrown to the old audience like this.

Also the Moon-Boy and Devil Dinosaur branded beer

>I think i'm good right where I'm at. Too bad you didn't ask back when being an X-Man still meant something.

I wish I liked Aaron's X stuff more, he actually made an attempt to use characters beyond the usual suspects.Like when Brubaker decided Warpath needed to be on the main roaster and do stuff.

OP is a faggot.

I ain't translating that shit.

How was Bru's X-Men?

What was good this week? I'm behind but looking to pick up some new titles too.

I know some anons ITT read horror so did anyone read Winnebago Graveyard?

>If you think this is ridiculous wait'll you see what happens on the inside

IAWTC

How was THE FORGE for Hawkcontent?

Meh. The arc where they go to space to take part in the whole War of Kings crossover is good, once they're back on Earth he's co-writing with Fraction and I lost interest.

Also he's behind the infamous Deadly Genesis

Hello, Storyteller.

It's weird to actually be excited for Kate. She's the worst. And yet, that's kind of why she's the best.

Best Boy is busy being Hydra Cap's armcandy and I can't decide whether I am amused or annoyed. Zub's SE tie-in was surprisingly not shit while his Uncanny Avengers was godawful.

Reee. Spencer.

I saw some good reviews, I need to check it out along with Bunn's The Unsounded.

IIRC Bru basically won't talk about X-Men, especially the Vulcan stuff

reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/10lhic/doop_translations_for_wolverine_and_the_xmen_17/

That bad?

Doop is best meme character

Wonder Woman was great and I really think the run will be remembered very fondly once most people are reading it in trade form rather than monthly.

The Forge was like an old-school schlock event like Infinite Crisis or Blackest Night, and somehow that felt refreshing.

Hawks seem to be getting retconned back to old Johns' run but I don't know if any of that was covered in Death of Hawkman because I didn't read that.

Fucking hell, let that shit go! Especially when you fucking hate Jan to begin with, Marvel. You can't treat her all sympathetic, and at the same time shun her like she has the fuckin' plague, you hypocritical sacks of rotting shit. Kill yourselves.

>Marvel.com : As Cap’s best friend, how does Baron Zemo feel about being included in this team? How does he feel about watching his friend realize their lifelong dream of returning Hydra to glory?

>Brevoort: Zemo is not actually on the team, though he has worked alongside them on certain operations, acting as Steve Rogers’ Chief of Staff. He’s in an odd place, in that he’s been told that in the history that was erased he and Steve had this brotherly bond, but he never experienced that himself firsthand. Nevertheless, he’s chosen to believe what Cap has told him, and has thrown himself into his new role. All through his time with the Thunderbolts, particularly towards the end, Zemo was vacillating towards walking a more heroic path, betrayed only by his weaker instincts. So Steve is giving him a second chance to be the man he wants to be, the man he thinks his father was.

Hey, it does feel like we're inching back to Born Better Zemo instead of Mean to Bucky Zemo ala Bru, yes

I think it was a traumatic editorial experience

I bought gin \o/

Why is Angel a student? O5 version?

Rucka always works better in trades.

Zemo and Cap stepping in for each other in HYDRA council is very entertaining and feels very Johns GL/Sinestro in its ship baiting.

READY YOUR BALLS FOR DESTRUCTION

Definitely and it's probably worsened by the fact that it's alternating storylines.

I wish they had done vol. 1 of Rebirth as Year One instead of vol. 2 because people coming out of the movie are going to go get vol. 1 first and be like "wtf is going on"

I did read The Unsounded. I liked it, I think it's very horror movie scene-setting from the first issue but the art and visuals are nice. Bunn's pretty good on horror.

The name will trigger me because it's the same as a webcomic I read, ree.

No in Remender's Uncanny X-Force Warren became Evil Archangel, declared himself the new Apocalypse, then Psylocke had to stab him in the heart with a Celestial life seed. It killed him and then brought him back as a blank slate.

He now has healing powers

I am curious whether or not he'll break up his OTP for Marvel legacy or if Zemo will stick around on the Cap books somehow.

Warms my heart to see so many people enjoying the Bugs/Legion issue

>Wonder Woman
Rucka round 2 was good, but it has problems that understandably keep people from enjoying it.

>The Forge
I thought it alright until the last page. I, personally, need the Joker to fuck off for a while, because this fucker is oversaturated as fuck. Otherwise, I deeply enjoy the implication that Bruce is the one who done fucked up.

Can we stop bringing this up? Seriosuly, wasn't she manipulating the shit out of him, and he was having a mental breakdown? Don't most heroes do worse than hit their wife once? If I was EIC I would ban this from books because I'm sick of hack writers bringing it up.

relaunched Baron Zemo and the Thunderbolts

I will sigil magic this one into existence

That sounds a bit like Helmut is pretending to be his dad.

I've been fairly certain that the whole run is a very convoluted Zemo Rebirth ever since that one podcast. Though Standoff's framing was probably the first hint

>As Cap’s best friend, how does Baron Zemo feel about being included in this team?

Marvel stop, I can only get so erect

Daily reminder that op is a marlelcuck who enjoys Secret Empire and is subtly shilling Marlel comics by storytiming them here.

>I deeply enjoy the implication that Bruce is the one who done fucked up
Because that's so original...

Art is god tier though.

Also Spencer likes tweets that involve Zemo, etc. He knows what he's doing, and I can forgive so much because it's catering to me me me meee

I'm not lying about it, at least

>wtf is going on
What's funny about that is that what's going on is actually pretty simple.

You already burned that sigil OP

>The question then becomes when are you gonna put the camera on him and have him be like 'what the hell am I even doing?'

I am wondering if we already got that moment in Cap#11 or if that is still coming up.

We all suffered the monkey paw, we've paid our karmic debts

What?

I legitimately buy the excuse that it was the artist misinterpreting the script. Maybe I'm a fool for that.

It's unfortunate that every thread on it ends up in an argument of Azz vs. Rucka.

I think if someone read JUST Year One and Godwatch they'd love it, Truth and Lies is where people seem to have the problems.

Personally I'm so in love with how non-violent, sweet and happy Rucka's making her. It's something that's been lost in recent years of trying to make her either female Superman or a warrior.

Yeah but if it's your introduction coming out of the movie, you're gonna be like how is this the start of a story? Whereas with Year One and Godwatch you get her modern origin iterated for you and her personality clearly established.

I didn't like how the two stories were the same, but it was fun.

DC shilling Kara/Brainy is always good especially since I've been concerned they might do the Mon-El ship due to synergy.

I hope they do. Brainy doesn't deserve love.

Helmut getting redemption arc 2.0: electric boogaloo would be the only thing that could make up for having to suffer through Buckybolts.

Has Brubaker written anything that was creative and not bland in execution? I do enjoy his Cap run but I really feel like he is one of the most overhyped and overrated writer. Maybe I've read too much good noir/espionage stuff.

delete

>In a flash, the Marvel heroes are offered a gift: to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with those who came before them, free from the burdens of past, present, and future – where time has no meaning," reads the press release. "Within the Vanishing Point, through the course of these action-packed adventures, our heroes will discover what is needed to usher in the future of the Marvel Universe. This August, prepare for Marvel’s Generations!"

>Nelson Blake II's regular cover to GENERATIONS Ms. Marvel (original costume) and Ms. Marvel (Kamala) is revealed
>still no announced interior artist

>Regular covers for GENERATIONS Iron Man (by Skan Srisuwan?) and the Spiders (by Ramon Perez?) revealed
>in another "Marvel PR neglected to name the cover artists" episode

Did it de-age him as well? He'd be Bobby's age otherwise. And iirc the Archangel in Bunn's UXM was a fully-grown man.

So in typical rebirth fashion it seems Neal Adams is going to do some Deadman series. If he's also writing then I guess it can be entertaining but Deadman really deserves better than Adam's brand of lunacy that might put more people off him.

>I really think the run will be remembered very fondly once most people are reading it in trade form rather than monthly.
That really says more about the state of the character than it does about the quality of Rucka's work honestly.

Until Batman is made to repent for that Brother Eye shit, I will continue to salivate over anything even vaguely resembling him fucking up or getting shat on.

Like, you can't even imagine how good it felt to see that one page in Amazons Attack. The one good thing in that rancid piece of shit, and it happens to be my girl Circe BTFO Batgod like the fucking chump he is. Had to change my pants for that one.

I'm kind of down for Adams-madness Deadman honestly

Don't think so. His Cap was boring as fuck.

meh

LOL

>I legitimately buy the excuse that it was the artist misinterpreting the script. Maybe I'm a fool for that.
Shooter micromanaged the hell out of art. People who knew him thought the idea that he'd let something like that slide laughable.

So how was that DARK MANSION thingy in the end?

that is a dangerously lewd Warbird

It's funny that they're going from Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love into that. I wonder if the minor character takes in Rebirth are just going to be throwing shit until something sticks like always.

True that. Some of the best in Rebirth.

Schmidt and Ferrerya need to be put on books with good writing.

I don't believe so, he just has no memory and no where to go so he got sent to the school

I really fucking hope they give him a good colorist with flat style or if it's digital, at least Fajardo Jr. or Brad Anderson. I can enjoy his art but DC's house coloring ruins it.

Was it Aaron who wrote the Sabretooth mit jetpack scene?

"Dangerously lewd" is like Warbird in two words. Or maybe Lewdly Dangerous is better actually.

Awful.

>Deadman really deserves better than Adam's brand of lunacy

That's crazy talk. Give me balls to the wall Adams, I don't care if it's off putting to the average reader.
I'm that person who enjoys DKSA

i had that one panel from earlier on my desktop for years because it made me laugh every time I looked at it

Ever since the 75th anniversary, DC seems to have been getting Diana back on track, and now with based Jenkins showing the normies how her character is supposed to work, it's likely we won't be seeing much more of the Xena knockoff shit. Even more likely due to the very vocal disapproval of Regime WW in Injustice, seems even most casuals are sick of that shit.

>Sorry, GENERATIONS Ms Marvel artist is Paolo Villanelli, and the regular cover artist for GENERATIONS Captain Marvel is David Nakayama (obvious).

It's his stupid decision to ruin his art. Sides, his pencils aren't as good anymore either. DC has plenty of great colorists right now.

Any more solicits come out?

His Cumming of Supermen was not as good as Odyssey.

The one time movie synergy may actually be a good thing.

I love that when you look at it, Injustice is downright tame for a fighting game story

When are solicits coming out anyway this month?

No it wasn't, but Superman did physically manhandle a Boomtube and that was great.

So this has none of Milligan's edge but it's really a cute interlude, I have to say

We're probably getting the top 10 in sales tomorrow so the week after that

FIN

Have we decided yet what we are reading afterwards?

Okay, I haven't read this, so here we go

I saw Oprah did some shilling for the movie so it's gonna be a gorillion dollar weekend for it, guaranteed.

The one thing missing from Wonder Woman has been a really good, modern non-comics adaptation that all the people who can't be arsed to pick up a comic can look to and say "that's Wonder Woman". Whereas everyone from Batman to Big Barda has had a really good, well-liked movie or cartoon version in this century Wonder Woman hasn't gotten that.

As much as people like to claim they read comics, most just don't, or at least not the ones that aren't super popular, and most people won't bother to do their research. Now you have an extremely accessible movie so that everyone can know who the character is, it's going to do wonders for her.

No, because I am a Storyteller of Little Brain, I don't think anything got resolved

Not Allred is so weird for Doop, you know?

Man this Doop just looks wrong. I like how he looked like doped-up Slimer.

True. I dislike the Injustice comic and have no feelings about the game. It's certainly no weirder or edgier than like Mortal Kombat.

>Doop of Arabia

Doop is a character who has earned/deserves his weird meta status

Sera is what happens when you try to Make Meta Happen by force

My main interest is second-order in that the comic sells FUKKEN HUGE and yet it never gets brought up by Woke Comics Twitter talking about AUs or New Audience or anything, because it's really not what they want at all

Indeed. Pretty fucked that a Hollywood movie cares more about getting her character right than editorial has for the past several years, but if this makes them start doing their damn jobs for once, I'm not gonna complain.

You could argue that's a point against it. It's a fighting game about superheroes, and it's so desperate to take itself so fucking seriously. Injustice 3 needs to take place in the normal universe and be about heroes fighting villains, not about a bunch of stupid, sanctimonious edgelords arguing over shit.

Written by Whitley