Why does She-Thing get no love from Marvel

She's got an "attainable" body type for little girls to emulate. She's a strong female role model.
What gives?

Because you get one Ms. Marvel and Sharon Ventura ain't it.

>a female
>called "the thing"
You didnt really think this through, did you?

Here's an idea: go around town and call every female you see "that thing"

Ben Grimm with tits just isn't fappable

You don't do this already?

She was until those sexists at Marvel took her name away and gave it to a more traditionally attractive woman.

that's what you think

>Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha please kill me

Why the fuck does she look like such shit? At least Ben looks cool, all square and even square rock pores not like an action figure of the Thing you put in the microwave for a minute and took out when it started to melt and blister. If she just looked like Ben with tits she wouldn't be such a hideous fucking freak, instead she gets melty stone skin.

She should be called the Thiccng.

Disgusting

ben looks cool because everything about him is square and angular, which accents his masculinity

hard to accent femininity with stone, without making it look like, well, not stone

Because nobody likes ugly chicks.

Modern Marvel knows nothing about itself.

Actually, yea, what the fuck? Why doesn't she at least make a Cameo in Kamala Khans books?

She was featured heavily in an arc during James Robinson's run, AKA the final run of Fantastic Four... at least for now.

Damn, I loved how Robinson wrote the first family.

You underestimate my power.

Blame fans and editorial.

Fans hated Sharon because she was created solely because Marvel would not budge on breaking up Byrne's shit pairing of Johnny and Alicia after Byrne rage-quit the books. IIRC Tom DeFalco created Sharon explicitly, in the last couple of issues of Thing, to be a replacement love interest for Ben.

Englehart brought her into the FF when Sue and Reed left the team, but decided to retcon Sharon's second appearance (and arc in Gruenwald's Cap) to have Sharon be gang raped off-panel by henchmen of the Power Broker. As such she now hated all men except Ben, who's deformity made him more of a sexless neuter than a man.

Fans hated her guts and such much so, that Englehart turned her into a Thing to try and salvage shit, complete with a plot point of having Sharon point out that, while she hated all men, she was still a raging narcissist because she was pretty.

Simonson hated her because he wanted Ben to be the only Thing (let alone his classic design) and made Sharon lose her powers. DeFalco (who created Sharon) then had her turn traitor on the team and get mutated into an even ghastlier Thing form for shits and giggles and turned her villain, even as he killed Alica/Johnny as a pairing in his very first storyline on the book.

I never got a chance to read it. I picked up 2 issues and wasn't impressed. Did I only pick up the bad issues?

Was the Human Torch/Alicia Masters pairing really that hated?

I didn't start reading the FF until the early 00s and the whole "I married a skrull" thing is one of those retcons that seems like it was done explicitly as a mea culpa for fans who might have being pissed off at Byrne for having Alicia cheat on Johnny.

>cheesecake

i had no idea the term was so old

Depends on who you ask.

Some fans liked it because they fall into the camp of thinking Ben has to forever be alone and miserable, which means Ben and Alicia can never be together romantically in any meaningful way.

Others hated it because it made Johnny seem like a huge jerk, especially given the context that Johnny was forever tormenting Ben with pranks and jokes at his expense.

It should be noted though, that DeFalco was not the first one who pitched breaking the couple up. Steve Englehart actually did intend to break Alicia/Johnny up by blaming Franklin Richards for the whole thing (he telepathically violated their minds to make them fall in love, per a call back to an earlier Byrne story where it was established that Ben always could turn back to human form but blocked out this ability out of fear that Alicia would leave him/only loved him for his deformity).

Crystal would find out and force Franklin to undo what he did and an abrieviated version of this story appeared during the Dream arc that was Englehart's final storyline on the book.

Also, while DeFalco did wipe out the marriage with the Skrull reveal, he never paired Alicia and Thing back together and IIRC, they still have never reconciled after Byrne split them apart.

She has the same look Ben did in the first couple of issues of Fantastic Four. She eventually morphed into a more traditional Thing look by the time Simonson took over the book

>Also, while DeFalco did wipe out the marriage with the Skrull reveal, he never paired Alicia and Thing back together and IIRC, they still have never reconciled after Byrne split them apart.

That is so fucked up. It's kind of strange that a pairing that's so classic was dashed to the rocks relatively early on and never touched on again afterwards.

Oh fuck, that does sound like a mess.

Depends on the issue you picked up. If it was the start of the run, then that makes sense. Robinson had to fix a lot of shit from Fractions run and reestablish things. After that it's smooth sailing aside from the occasional bump.

>even as he killed Alica/Johnny as a pairing in his very first storyline on the book
Before it happened PAD (who I was emailing at the time) warned me this was coming because "D-UH, ONLY BEN CAN LOVE ALICIA." And so we got Skrulls.