I AM JESUS

I AM JESUS
I AM JESUS
I AM JESUS
I AM JESUS

Snyder the Jesus comparisons we're already implicit in the Superman mythos because he's the same archetype, it was unnecessary to intentionally make blatant allusions to the Bible like the Kryptonite lance of loginus or Lex literally rambling about demons. The entire point is that Superman has heavy allusions to the Bible and the story of Christ like the fact he has mortal and heavenly parents and the general structure of the stories themselves and their themes. The direct references and plucked iconography just cheapens it.

Since this thread is absolute shit, I would like to ask a favor:

I never get any (You)s here. It is very tough. Can you guys please give me many (You)s?

>93236524
no

More like DEEPENS it. TO THE MAX. You just don't understand kino, bro. It's like the great Greek filosophizer said, "things that fall stay fallen on earth, fallen things."

That's ART, bro, you can't argue with that.

>I AM JESUS
No you are not.
Your father didn't create humanity, Diana's did.
Your father didn't declare that you will protect humanity, Diana's did.
You are not the child of a god, Diana is.

>93236524

Guys for fuck's sake STOP.
The Jesus Imagery is only in 2 moments (church scene, cross pose in space) in Mos that made for less then a minute out of a 140 fucking minute movie.
That is the definition of irrelevant and insignificant, to say it has any barring on the quality of the overall film or Clark's characterization is preposterous.
Let it fucking die.

no fucking bullshit.

here (you) go

That's really only if you go for the literal 1 to 1 comparisons.
If you look a little deeper you notice that Clark gets questioned by his earthly parent as to his mission at the same age where that happened to Christ, then wanders the wilderness at the same age and for the same duration as Christ, before finally doing his ministry at 33 for a couple years and dying on Good Friday.
And that's just the parallel of the journey. You could also mention the direct marketing to churches that WB did in order to fully massacre that dead horse.

It wouldn't even be a big deal if not for the fact that they only did The Passion and none of the Jesus that hangs out with people and washes feet and shit. It doesn't work because it's so paradoxical.

>It wouldn't even be a big deal if not for the fact that they only did The Passion and none of the Jesus that hangs out with people and washes feet and shit. It doesn't work because it's so paradoxical.
That's because Snyder Superman is Supply Side Jesus. He can't feed the poor or heal the sick because that's Communism. Helping the weak and hopeless just prevents them from pulling themselves up. Prosperity Gospel said that the poor is poor as punishment for not being faithful enough, and rich are rich because they are morally good and are being rewarded for it. And Superman thus should only help people with hesitation because poor people should help themselves or die.

Best Green Lantern for YOU.

Sure thing buddy

>I see the intentionally obvious religious imagery
>I get the movie
These bros crack me up.

I like the Jesus imagery because its absurdly disrespectful to Christians who think the bible is real.

He saved the guys on the oil rig, they're sinners.

>

>I gave them you, my only son
This is from the Donner movie.

Get over yourselves.

I thought he was a Moses analogy.

How is working in the oil industry not sinful?

Jesus himself is a Moses analogy AND the idea of a messianic figure being the offspring of gods in both pantheistic and monotheistic religions occurs with stunning regularity across cultures while predating Christianity.

Religions aren't created as stories from the top down they're built from the ground up as explanations for human emergent expectations, observations and behaviours that are intrinsic to human beings and how we live, hence the similarity between all of them and religion as a human universal.

8 year olds, Dude.

>Get over yourselves.
We don't have a problem with Superman being Jesus. We have a problem of Superman being a very skin deep image of Jesus will doing a horrible job of it. We might as well watch The Life of Brian instead in that case.

>we

>>we
Is this the new meme you are trying to pull now? What's next, you are going to try to ban the leeter "e" next?

It is amazing how many complete retards have started to post now thinking they are "normal".

I watched that Nostalgia Critic episode too.

Also stop hating Man of Steel for combining superhero tropes from beloved, high-rated, flicks.

>Also stop hating Man of Steel for combining superhero tropes from beloved, high-rated, flicks.
No one ever hate a Cape film for that. And especially with Snyderman the main complaints is a lack of actual superhero tropes in it core.

Wonder Woman is basically all tropes, and her film is well received for it.

Literally had an old woman 'shove' her Christianity down our throats.

This too. And the part where she slapped a jew trying to steal coin.
Five times with Spider-Man. A character who literally had nothing to do with Christianity. THAT'S forced. You people act like Superman turned into the Boondock Saint just for going to church once and flying with his arms spread. Nostalgia Critic has no idea what he is talking about.

>getting this mad

Looking back at Spider-man 2 makes me wonder.
What fucking bank still uses scrogge mcduck-tier bags of gold coins?

>>getting this mad
Hard to get mad when Wonder Woman is showing how it is suppose to be done. And Warner notices it too.

But WW is more generic than MoS.

>But WW is more generic than MoS.
And? You never explained why you think generic is bad. Cape is a genre, so of course it is generic.

If you don't want to make cape films then go make something else. Cape films should be cape films, trying to argue that you don't need Superheroes is done by small budget arthouse films.

Someone gets it

Wish Snyder did

Most use the see thro poly bags, but a lot of bank stillmuse the canvas coin bags.

see

>see
Your mistake is thinking any of us are complaining about the Christ references existing.

No, we are complaining that the references have nothing to do with Superman. That the references do not reflect what Clark Kent believed in. When you throw in symbolism that don't match the actual theme, it fails.

Snyder wanted to portray a Superman who doesn't want the responsibility, who doesn't want to be treated like a god. To then also throw in Christ imagery at the same time is schizophrenic. Snyder is telling one story while showing a different story at the same time.

No?
He IS seen as a god. He doesn't have to want it to warrant the allusions.

The Christ shit is something other people push on him, though. Like those Mexicans at the warehouse fire. Superman just wants to help, but they see a miracle right before their eyes, and act accordingly. Later that very same scene there's a discussion on TV, and someone says "Maybe this guy's not a devil or jesus character, maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing." If you wanted a sort of thesis for all the Christ imagery you're talking about, that's it right there. That's what would happen in real life, half the world would want him to be their protector god, the other half wants his ass dead.

>The Christ shit is something other people push on him, though
Does the "other people" include the director? Does that include him needing to die? Because when the director is the one doing the pushing, then it doesn't match what the protagonist wanted.

>He IS seen as a god. He doesn't have to want it to warrant the allusions.
And what did the end of the film show? That Superman went and followed the script and died for no good reason instead of letting Diana hold the spear. Diana. the child of god and the actual real Jesus of DCEU.

You're no longer making sense. You're trying to turn hard into a new point because you know your initial one was shit after being called out by two people.

Not him but are you retarded, snyder fanboy?

Snyder and Goyer writte him like a hard as fuck analogy to Jesus and you just can't deny it, see Superman doing nothing until 33, or the multiple poses, or the death and resurrection. Claiming that "only people in universe do this and the pint is that he isn't" is retarded when reality disagree with you.

WW was a realistic take on the character the same as Man of Steel. The only trope character-wise was the protag's obligation to help everyone and the only plot-wise trope was the actual villain twist and the big action scene. Even that was different since she only fought that villain once in the whole movie; whereas every other cape movie has the hero and supervillain fight multiple times.
Other than that it still had the whole this-person-was-choosen-to-be-our- saviour that OP is complaining about.

Yep. Superman NEVER died and got resurrected. He NEVER made a "religious pose." He NEVER did anything remotely theistic like attend a catholic themed funeral of his foster parents or go fight actual in universe deities or join his wife in HoIy matrimony.

>Yep. Superman NEVER died and got resurrected. He NEVER made a "religious pose." He NEVER did anything remotely theistic like attend a catholic themed funeral of his foster parents or go fight actual in universe deities or join his wife in HoIy matrimony.

See, I am not sure if Snyder fans are genuinely confused or just trying to act dumb. The main complaint with Snydrman is that he is wrapped in Christian imagery and yet does not support its genuine tenants. That all the references to Jesus are just references, while Snyderman failed entirely to embody the ideals himself. That even after deliberately kill himself, Snyderman is still entirely unconvincing as a real Jesus figure.

To be true Snyderman went through all the trappings of physically re-enacting Jesus on all the superficial major elements. Especially the meaningless parts of being a jobless bum for 33 years. But then he was an extremely bad saviour.

And that's the complaint, that the Jesus references are half-assed and don't have much to do with Snyderman as a person. Snyderman went through the motions but not believing in it. A Jesus without faith.

(You) can have a little superman as well, to fit the thread.

"Maybe if I move the goalposts enough I can justify why I hate this movie!"

If it's so half-baked and has nothing to do with the story, why are people getting this sore and going as far as to list it as a major complaint in nearly every review? It's such a nitpick.
It would be like saying the Daredevil movie was shoving christianity down the audience's throat whenever he went to church. Or the Crow was making people worship voodoo.
Those characters are only references to religion through name or backstory; and no one complained about them. And those were more prominent than MoS 2-3 seconds of spread arms, the belief that he was sent here for a reason (which doesn't explicitly say because you're a messiah.), and a quick scene in a church with unfortunate framing.
inb4 it was a different time for those movies lol
Shut up. Most people complaining are those that supposedly grew up on Superman comics, cartoons, and media. Why would their opinion go from left to right?
You know what? This post is too long. I'm basically telling a child to stop pestering me instead of just saying leave me alone. (You) won't listen.

Diana should be the daughter of Ares, changing it to Zeus was retarded

>inb4 did u even read my post? Lol
Yes. Three times because I refuse to believe these "fans of capeshìt" can be so jaded when trying to hate one for being serious instead of winking at the camera as if to say "isn't this stupid? We know. We're laughing WITH you."
And I don't blame you. You probably got into comics because you like seeing people in colourfull clothing punch each other, and you want to see that when you go to these movies. You shouldn't be blamed for going to a movie about a man who came to earth from space to avoid an usurper and expecting anything but filler leading up to a fight. I'm not going to let your subjectivity get in the way of me actually being interested in the in-betweens.

>Diana should be the daughter of Ares, changing it to Zeus was retarded
Snyder wrote the mythology. It's just that the WW director tried her best to hide it. There are no goddesses, there is only Aries and Zeus. And Zeus is made into the Christian God.

The problem of course is that doing the Christian analogy TWICE, on separate characters and separate god figures, is a terrible idea in a connected universe. But Snyder only knows how to write Christian mythology and nothing else. So he ended up doubling up on it. The WW film did its best to repair the damage, but all they could do is to not mention the fucked up pantheon.

And to expand on that, the Christian God ALREADY exists in the DC metaverse as the Presence. So if we count Him then we are now at THREE separate Christian Gods co-existing in DCEU.

They made her the daughter of Zeus because she was the daughter of Zeus in New52, which was still happening when the DCEU started. Not really Snyder's original brainchild or anything.

Sorry you posted the wrong image here you go

sure m8. thanks for improving the thread. here's your (you)

They were trying to translate the John Romita Sr. look of Spider-Man to film, and captured it very well.

you think the bible doesn't exist?