Is it fair to say that Batman's No Kill rule, is what lead to all the death, wars...

Is it fair to say that Batman's No Kill rule, is what lead to all the death, wars, and destruction in the Injustice Universe? I mean...EVERYTHING that happened would've been avoided if he killed the Joker after the guy's repeated escapes and murder sprees.

yes

Also if superman hadn't gine full retard with the regime
Also if WW hadn't made superman so parinoid
It was caused because the fuck ups of all the memebers of the trinity

I honestly prefer it when he has a no murder rule.

It does get to pretty ludicrous levels in this canon

Extending to the point where he thinks Clarke is a monster for killing an invading army of demons was an absurd stretch

Debatable.

In the Injustice comic, Superman has a vision of a world where Batman kills Joker. Batman immediately reveals his identity and turns himself in after doing it. So, sure, no tyrant Superman, but all of Gotham's roster of criminals would have gone unchecked without Bats, and who knows how that would have panned out.

Superman could have picked up the slack until they made a legion of doom and went after him.

Why is it always batman's fault for not killing joker? Why doesn't anyone ever blame the government? That fucker should be on death row at the very least.

Joker caused the events of the destruction of Metropolis and the Deaths of Lois and Superman's son. Superman killed Joker which lead him down a slippery slope. Then Wonder Woman manipulated Superman's grief and locked him down that dark path. This is all true.

However when you really boil it down, all the death, betrayal, destruction and wars that have taken place in the Injustice series, could've all been avoided if Batman made an exception to his rule and kill the Joker. I understand the reasoning for not killing out of vengeance, and how it can set a bad precedent. However part of being a superhero should mean you should be willing to make the tough decisions. When you've got a villain who openly states he will continue to break out of Arkham and resume with his murder sprees, and he does, then the system has completely failed. Your No Kill rule has failed, and the justice system has failed. The only thing stopping him from causing more death and destruction, is whether or not you are willing to make the choice to end his life.

Batman has had every opportunity to do so, and he never did. His rule, however noble or righteous it may be, was misplaced in this one case. Batman must've known that eventually one of the superheroes would've had enough of the Joker's shit, and kill him. It would've been better for Batman to be the one to do it, because he understands more than most heroes, the weight of that choice, and the responsibility that comes with it.

He may not be the villain of the Injustice setting, but the events that take place in that universe, are a result of his failure. He was also never there for his friend after Joker's death. He was only there to stop him, but he never approached him as a brother. Batman may be a great superhero, but he's not a good human being. It's kinda why I role my eyes that the latest Injustice game paints such a positive picture of him

Which started with Bruce. He fucked up twice to be honest. He didn't kill the Joker, and he was never there for his "friend" after Joker's death. Yes he approached him in a "Clark stop. I can't let you do this." sort of way, but he never approached him like a brother.

Fool. Batman doesn't kill the Joker BECAUSE he is afraid something like Injustice will happen. On some level, Batman realizes he's in a comic book. I think in book he outlined why he doesn't kill the Joker:

>A) It would trigger an event(Injustice).
>B)He would just come back.
>C)Someone worse will come along.

The only way to end the Joker's reign of terror for good is for Batman to rape the Joker.

*I think in one book

No. Bruce not killing the Joker meant that he would never lower himself down to Joker's level. Clark on the other hand, DID, and as a result, the Joker got what he always wanted: an avatar of chaos and destruction. Think about it, Clark allowed himself to team up with people like Sinestro, even Bane. As a result, the world was thrown into chaos, destroying it's great heroes and villains teaming up with one another, killing one another. Old and new gods nearly came to blows. The Phantom Stranger died, and the Green Lantern Corps was nearly destroyed, and Hal went to Sinestro's side.

Bruce also knows that when you cross a certain line there is no coming back, and that is why he emphasizes it so much. Its why Bruce will never kill anyone, even if they deserve it and even if they wronged him.

I haven't played Injustice 2 yet but does anyone address the fact that Jason Todd is completely vindicated?

Do you blame a cop for not executing a prisoner? Batman isn't Judge, Jury and Executioner, he's basically a cop who goes outside the law to catch the bad guy so they can face justice. Batman killing the Joker would not be justice, Superman killing the Joker was not justice. It reminds me of the quote from The Hateful Eight, you can't have a personal prejudice against the man you kill, or else you run the risk of the act being unjust.

The Joker willingly chooses to hurt and kill people. He is an agent of chaos. He must be stopped, and if killing him is the only way to do so then there is no sin in doing so. He chose his path

Why doesn't Bruce feel the least bit of guilt for Superman turning out the way he did? Even if he thinks he shouldn't kill the Joker, shouldn't he at least feel some responsibility for not being able to keep Joker locked up? Or for not being there for Superman in his time of need?

It's not even like Batman never considered killing the Joker before, either.

Jason Todd isn't in the story. In the versus quotes, though, everyone shits on him for either killing people or not killing enough people. Even the Regime.

Doesn't the New 52 just have the Joker conveniently disappear every time his plans fail? I think that's a better way to handle him rather than throwing him into Arkham.

That or scale down the severity of his crimes.

> implying batman isn't the badguy.

>I just shot your surrogate daughter, paralyzed her, stripped her naked, took pictures, and showed them to you. Hilarious right!

So did joker rape Barbra?

No. Rape isn't funny. Unless you're Gordon.

>everyone shits on him for either killing people or not killing enough people.
Reminds me of political discourse here.

Yes.

>EVERYTHING that happened would've been avoided if he killed the Joker

The problem with this idea is that it assumes that it's Batman's responsibility to kill the Joker and by extension that nobody else could or should kill him.

I loathe the retarded kids who whine about Batman's rule. I also thought he should kill when I was fucking 14

It isnt batmans job/duty to kill anyone. This is the same shit as if someone said how OP is a piece of shit for not killing Osama before 9/11

Why doesn't Batman just rape the Joker???

>before 9/11
After 9/11 is a more apt comparison. And if you didn't kill Osama after 9/11 you are a piece of shit.

>capeshit is stupid
this is why you shouldn't read it, user
in other news, water is wet

>Caught in a dead end, the Joker breaks the night's silence with a chilling cackle. "So whatcha gonna do, Batman?" he says, as he turns around to face his pursuer "...Kill me?"
>"No," says Batman in his raspiest voice, filled with contempt as the Joker's grin widens.
>"But I'll do this." The caped figure straightens, menacingly. "Bend over, Joker."
>"What?!" says the villain, his laughter suddenly cracked by fear. "W-what do you-"
>But Batman is now close, and he slams the Joker face first against the Batmobile. A hollow thud echoes in the bare alleyway, dollar bills from a toppled suitcase swept away by the wind like dry leaves.
>"It's time for you to feel..." Batman says, with a cold, hard squint, "the Baton of justice!"

Fucking this
He's a regular fucking human, any guard could have smothered him during treatment at any time, ir switched his drugs for cyanide, or just fucking shot him during prisoner transfer/inspection and claimed it was self defence, or at least turned their back when another inmate felt like doing it

Is there an equivalent of Frank in the DC universe?

Wonder Woman.

Better question, why doesn't Batman just let the Gotham cops kill the Joker, or arrange for it to happen?

Not really.

Wonder Woman is to blame really, in the original comics Martian Manhunter tried to talk to Superman, to calm him down. Wonder Woman didn't like that.

WW stoked his fears, and I'm glad the game addressed that.

Azrael

He was even Batman at one point to prove that a Batman that kills was a dumb idea.

>Batman actually raped Joker with a strap-on
>Joker thought it was legitimate penetration
>Batman got the last laugh

Until Superman takes an afternoon to sort them out.
To what effect?

>kill the joker or put him in a shitty corrupt mental hospital with a 5000% rate of escape

False dilemma.

He could be imprisoned somewhere else that's actually secure. Maybe even a federal prison far away from Gotham since he's a terrorist. Or Batman could push for him to receive the death penalty since while he has no legal/ethical ground to execute people, the state does.

There should really be a NO KILL general so you faggots dont make 59 threads about this shit everyday

Yeah. We don't even know if he's an American citizen. Guantanamo his ass.

If we're talking about the Dark Knight series, then I guess he'll be fine with the Joker being killed by policemen or civilians capable of defending themselves.

For me, I like the version where Batman is okay with people being violent to defend themselves or for the authority to use lethal ways to eliminate criminals in a hot pursuit; and Bats doesn't kill because he just doesn't - silent all about it, just there in Gotham trying to reduce crimes and corruption.

to be fair we're to assume that batman not killing joker has worked out perfectly fine up to the point where injustice starts, so for him to kill joker would either mean:

A. killing him without proper provocation (not exactly holding up his own morals),
B. killing him after the destruction of Metropolis, which is too little too late and I think that wouldn't have affected Superman's resolve

in a perfect world clark would have composed his thoughts for a while and come back a better man, but y'know. evil superman is a gimmick that sells.

Superman went full on hitler.

How the hell is it his fault?

Hell, the original superman even told him he shouldn't have done that.

Because all their sex is consensual.

I mean if you have the ability to capture someone without killing them, that's the way to go. If Bats straight up killed Joker then not only will the GCPD(Gordon especially) not work with him again public opinion on masked vigilantes will go down and who is he to decide who lives or dies, if he does kill Joker even if he deserves it, what's stopping other people to take up the mask and start killing criminals they deem too evil?

The joker would just come back if he killed him.

>Is it fair to say that Batman's No Kill rule, is what lead to all the death, wars, and destruction in the Injustice Universe?
Only in the sense that everyone in Injustice is an idiot who needs to be slapped until they realize this fact.

>terrorist responsible for the death of thousands
>not put on death row
>not even sent to a black dolphin tier prison
>sent to an insane asylum that's he escaped from multiple times

Why do people bitch about Batman not killing instead of this?

>you really should have let the crazy clown man keep killing people

Did he at least tell him he should've put him in Phantom Zone years ago?

Joker has been dead for nine years in the Injustice universe.

the one thing a lot of people forget is that despite all his money and gear and gadgets, Batman is still not well in the head either. The way I see it, his no-kill rule is a result of his own trauma. It's not just a belief, it's a mental crutch. Bruce is a manchild, and his rule is a sign of that, no matter how many lives he could save by killing one person, his childish beliefs makes him refuse

There would be a lot more masks like Midnighter, realistically.

Gee, OP, it's as if strict no-kill rules are dumb, are only done to maintain roster marketability, and push plot status quo.

no, it's the fault of whatever state gotham resides in for not death penaltying the shit out of joker

>>Killing Joker is not Justice

Stupidity on this level is amazing

So do people on Sup Forums just pretend to not understand why heroes realistically have to have a no kill rule, at least for human villains?

You can not have a paralegal force that acts as judge, jury and executioner, especially not if that person is super powered. A superhero killing someone outside of actual self defense is a Rubicon that can't be uncrossed.

Yeah, it's almost as if nobody should stay above the law because then the law would be useless... What a weird thought...

>if you kill him you'll be just like him!

If Gotham's justice system worked, there would be no need for Batman. And as among the richest people there is he should be able to pull quite a lot of weight in reforming the city's government if he wanted to.

Yes, it is obvious.

Again, it's not Batman's fault that Gotham's institutions don't work and as a private citizen Bruce Wayne isn't obliged to do anything.

I feel like most issues with villains could be solved if cities utilized the death penalty.

>Bruce Wayne isn't obliged to do anything.

He's not obligated to be Batman either, yet he is and now the police rely upon him.

I did both endings but cant remember what happens to Brainiac if you side with Batman.

I was done with Injustice Batman when he wouldn't even kill an AI.

False. You're equivocating charity/volunteer work with charged duty. That's like holding cancer walk fund raisers responsible for solving cancer.

Why don't the just send Joker to the Phantom Zone?

I don't thonk Brainic is an AI in the injustice universe. I think he's an Alien cyborg. Batmans agruement was to keep him alive to figure out how to restore the cities.

Barry is the only non retarded JL member in the Injustice Universe. Which is ironic considering he is such a huge fuck up in the main universe.

You're the one making a false equivalency. Batman is not a fucking charity worker. He's a crutch the entire GCPD relies upon to do their job. They've become hilariously incompetent if he's not there to save the day.

I'm a newfag that doesn't know shit about DC outside of Batman and his rogues. I bought Injustice 2 because it looked cool but I have no idea about the power levels. All I know is that superman is an invincible hero who can do anything. Can someone tell me the power levels for all the playable characters? Are black Adam and Wonder Woman invincible superpowered gods like superman too?

>Are black Adam and Wonder Woman invincible superpowered gods like superman too
Yes. Adam can go toe to toe with Superman.

>All I know is that superman is an invincible hero who can do anything
How retarded are you again? Even a newfag like yourself MUST have seen the DCAU or heard about the Death of Superman.

>In the Injustice comic, Superman has a vision of a world where Batman kills Joker. Batman immediately reveals his identity and turns himself in after doing it. So, sure, no tyrant Superman, but all of Gotham's roster of criminals would have gone unchecked without Bats, and who knows how that would have panned out.
>Clark's dream world is a world in which Batman is a better person and friend
>Also no Regime or Super Dictator either
Whoa dude

>All I know is that superman is an invincible hero who can do anything
Are people this fucking stupid? What the fuck is Kryptonite then motherfucker? How does Batman beat Superman then? Goddamn this is good bait.

>How does Batman beat Superman then?
Because of bad writing and Superman always looking to talk first, letting batman get his ten allies and weeks of prep time off before the fight really starts.

>Because of bad writing
True. He should just punch Bruce in his unarmored jaw and force his jaw out through the back of his skull

Superman's right up until the point he kills non-murderers, you know like Billy. But Superman is clearly just over the deep end when he decides to just brainwash peiple.

Or heat vision him to ash while floating somewhere in the stratosphere like a satellite. Superman doesn't even need to be on the same continent to win that fight.
Batman is my second favourite comic character, but this should never be a contest.

Batman is Canadian clearly

Oh please, this can be said of anyone with a rogue gallery with actual murderers in it. Look at Superman's usual villians of the week. Most of them just need one streak of good luck to pull off something as bad as Joker did. Yet he doesn't kill them.

>Batman is responsible for the incompetence of the justice system

OP you need to be 18 to post on this site.

Batman chooses to do what he does out of his own free will. He doesn't get paid for it or compensated in any way. He's effectively a volunteer/charity worker like 99% of other superheroes. He's not obligated whatsoever.

And again, Gotham institutions are not his fault. They were shitty before Batman and as you yourself already alluded to, there wouldn't have been a Batman in the first place if they weren't. You're basically trying to blame Batman for a mess that existed before he did.

At the end of the day, Batman is altruistic vigilante without any real authority or office. Blaming him for NOT killing the Joker is a preposterous assumption.

>>if you kill him you'll be just like him!
Not "just like", you would be identical.

It is the justice system's problem that they don't see Joker as deserving death. it is not Batman's problem that Joker is alive, and it is not Batman's job to be Gotham's executioner.

Joker kept escaping is not Batman's fault OR his responsibility. In fact it is borderline supernatural that the Gorham judicial system hadn't been destroyed by mobs at this point.

How is it none of the villains in the DC universe have gotten the chair yet?? When you commit several mass murders and have a penchant for breaking out of prison there's going to be a time when the average voter will go FUCK THIS SHIT, TAKE THEM TO THE FIRING SQUAD!!!

It'll become the Joker Zone

He fucked her raw. Then once Jim was safely tucked away, he had his gang run a train on her. Sadly, she didn't get pregnant. But the video is being kept for a special anniversary.

Is Bruce Canadian?

This is retarded. You are allowed to use lethal force to defend yourself or someone else if they are in danger IN REAL LIFE, why the FUCK can't you do it in capeshit media? I mean I know why but goddamn if it isn't stupid and backwards in universe.

What a tiresome load of bullshit.

What kind of prison sentence would Bruce get for killing the Joker? Someone find that Alex Ross comic in which a jury acquits a guy who kills the Joker or whatever I'm talking about. Please and thank you.

nah, it's not that simple

>Batman is not a fucking charity worker. He's a crutch the entire GCPD relies upon to do their job.

No. He's a wake up call to the GCPD, reminding its officers to protect and serve rather than to serve themselves. Before Batman came to light, and even during his early years, the GCPD was a cesspool of corruption in the pocket of the various crime families. True blues like Jim Gordon were the exception rather than the rule.That's all changed because of him.

No, but he does throw them into the Phantom Zone, which has a much better escape record than Arkham.

not having read or heard about DoS isn't what I would consider a great loss

Also note that in Clark's dream world, Wonder Woman is into Bruce instead of constantly trying to convince him to be her planet-conquering husbando.

>Wonder Woman gets cucked even in Superman's dreams

you can't make this shit up

>it's a 'WHY DOEZNT BOTMIN JUS KIL THE JEKUR????????' thread
normie detected