PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #1 Preview

>For a long time it felt like I couldn't breathe, like I was trapped underground
>My Aunt and Uncle took me in and slowly but surely pulled me out of it
I'm pretty sure that Peter Parker didn't even remember his parents.

>Torch stands in for the reader sick of hearing Spider-Man's origin story over and over
kek

>Amazing Spider-Man
>Scrappy younger sibling
I like it.

I never knew I would actually enjoy Zdarsky's take on Spidey. And That was just from the few FCBD pages and 3 pages from this!

>passable humor
>no more glow-in-the-dark spider logo
Well, it's already an improvement over Amazing. I'll give it a shot.

I'm feeling optimistic about this series.

I wonder if marvel are going to do a tie in comic for the new spiderman game. It's set in it's own pocket universe after all.

I really like the white on the suit
that'd be cool

>Do you? Then check out Amazing Spider-Man.

Chip don't!

Oh boy. /Exactly/ what Spider-Man needs. /Another/ love interest to add to the pile...

When the hell are Peter and MJ kicking Mephisto in the balls?

This is probably super old by now, but whatever happened with that teaser page that implied two people were bitten by the spider? Did that end up going anywhere?

Wasn't the other person Silk?

You're thinking of Silk, and it was.

Oh fuck me, it was part of that? No wonder I blocked it out.

this reminds me of goatse

>But no superhero movies. I need escapism, man! Plus, they're so unrealistic.
>Thanks for the Shawarma.

10/10 dialogue

Kek, I remember that issue. It's when that mad hoe Ann Nocenti went bonkers.

Is Spider-Man finally saved? I feel the need to buy this

Fuck this preview was amazing.

so
whats the point of this book?

Unfuck what used to be the highest selling marvel hero

and how do you expect that to be accomplished?
ASM is still the flagship book, and Dan Slott is still on ASM until god knows when.

you plug a leak at the source; this is like trying to wipe it up with paper towels.

To thest the waters for a slott-free spider-future.

Forget about a bar, Johnny once burned down an entire campus.

meh
i dont know why you guys have any hope
i had hope
i've surrendered. i accepted that spidey is just gonna be a shit book forever in 2012.
its been TEN YEARS of this garbage.
this is just bait

Wonder if Zdarsky will continue the routine where Peter breaks down about Uncle Ben.

This comic is a sign that times are changing. ASM will be freed from the rapeful tyranny of Slott's pathetic run.

>Its ANOTHER "Superhero saves black chick with funky hair who can 'take care of herself'" episode
I have high hopes for this series but I'm tired of seeing the same character get saved in EVERY book I pick up when it's clear she's a multiverse traveling chick who can beat up criminals.

God I hope so. These few pages were great.

Zdarsky has a fetish for this character type, considering the same person existed in Howard the Cuck.

More money
Spidey used to have 3-4 books dedicated to him before OMD, and they have seen that even if the stories are awful they would still sell

Amazing would consistently sell more than the others regardless of quality, which is why they tried the "What if we ship Amazing three times a month?" experiment.

To have a more new reader-friendly and fun Spider-Man book that has Peter as a normal dude fighting crime in New York instead of whatever big confusing "epics" Slott is coming up with.

Yeah, kind of like how Batman always outsells Detective Comics.

yeah thats why they're still double shipping Amazing now.
how many books does Pete have rn?
Even when they canceled everything but ASM Pete has pretty consistently had one or two side books, not as many as it used to be, i know, but still enough.

I just dont see the point of starting another book if they main title is still ass. I somehow dont see this going anywhere interesting.

meh. if they're never going to pross Peter's character just reprint old stories or something

Amazing actually stopped its 18 issues a year schedule when the Clone Conspiracy started. They're making a one time exception this month on account of the Secret Empire tie-in.

Not to mention all the Spider spin-offs like Spider-Man (Miles), Spider-Man 2099, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Scarlet Spider (Ben), Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Web Warriors, Agent Venom, Venom: Space Knight, Venom...

my point exactly.
oh it did?? i didn't realize this. so now its back on 12 a year?

Yep, though if you consider that the clone conspiracy was five issues plus an epilogue, that still comes out to 18.

>I'm pretty sure that Peter Parker didn't even remember his parents.

Huh? He remembers them. He was just really young when he lost them.

kek
well i guess that settles it then.
it will be interesting to see how slott handles being on one issue a month, since he's been bi-monthly since he took over

Probably Nick Lowe trying to sabotage this book.

Have you been in a coma for the last three years?

oh boy
looks like the won´t turn down on the sjw crap and probably won´t give us any of the good old spider moments either
in that case I´m not excited at all for it.
only way I would still buy it if gwen, mj or felica show up and are portrayed like their old sexy versions

Yeah, so young that he barely remembers them and didn't really miss them.

>won´t turn down on the sjw crap
What SJW crap? A woman with pink hair getting mugged?

Oh, Slott is gone now? Haven't kept up in a while.

so spidy is back to basic?

Not till Slott is off ASM. Amazing is still the main Spider-Man book.

That character will most likely only appear for a couple more pages after the ones we have seen
The last panel actually shows that there is someone out of screen that has helped Peter against that criminal, and that character is most likely the one that is going to interact with Spidey for the rest of the chapter
Fuck, we don't even know if that character is a super-hero or not, since there isn't anything that could show if the criminal was downed by a super power or just, for example, a rock thrown by a passerby

The best part of The Clone Conspiracy mini was that, with the exception of the first issue, the regular tie-in issues of ASM had more orders. That was undeniable proof that there are over ten thousand people are only buying it so there aren't any gaps in their collection.

This is "Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man"

Slott is still on Amazing Spider-man, at least for now

by two white guys
one of which she easily defeated

how many attractive black women with pink hair do you know?

In comics there's Max from Batman Beyond and not-Max from Spider-Man 2099.

None, but I don't know hot redhead top models that are my neighbor, hot blonde pure girls or hot white haired thiefs either

>Gwen
>pure
She fucked Norman Osborn.

I mean in real life

Finding girls that have been retconned by God as slut is even more difficult

This isn't Amazing Spider-Man, dingus. Slott's still here fucking everything up.

Christ, ANOTHER Spider-Man comic? They bringing out Web of Spider-Man again next? Casual Friday Spider-Man? Spider-Man Presents ...? Adventures of Aunt May? Fucksake. Here's an idea! Produce one good one before putting out more!

Def will try this. Was hoping for the classic street level book the first volume was back in the day but haven't hated the's pages and FCBD.

'Meatcakes.' He's talking about her breasts. Kinky-ass shit, Spidey. Kinky-ass shit.

No, Amazing is the scrappy little sibling title.

How many people with the power to do whatever a spider can do you know in real life?

To give a "back to basics" Spider-man for all the people that were bitching about Slott's Tony Stark-lite version, and to see if a non-Slott Spider-man book would sell higher than a Slott-written Spider-man book.

So with Slott acting all chummy with DC on Twitter, what do you think will happen with his ASM of this series outsells ASM? Will Slott's run finally end?

It should say "crappy younger sibling"

>A world where Bendis, Slott, and Quesada never touch another Spider-Man run again

Soon.

So you don't actually know how comics work, huh?

they have gun at her back and the reason she fought back thanks to Spidey for distraction

>all those poor fools and their hope

damn your sensitive

wait, JJJ is dead? and he was May's husband no less?
I'm so fucking out of the loop concerning Spider-Man...

>wait, JJJ is dead?
>and he was May's husband no less?
No you goddamn casual, JJJ's father. Read a fuckin' comic.

I don't really read Marvel.

Is Amazing over?

Or is this just a side book?

Just a side book. Slott just won't leave ASM and Marvel has no reason to get rid of him since he still sells.

It's comics. Every girl is going to be attractive unless they're intentionally drawn otherwise.

Is it? Spidey basically tried the same thing and look where that got it

>Asking someone to read Slotted man

Shit casual taste

>N-n-no! I'm n-n-not a casual! Y-you are!

Slott sadly still on it because he's like a Facehunger for Spidey, the tighter you pull the harder he grips on.

One day user, maybe not today, maybe not next month, and maybe not even next year. But one day, Spidey shall be free from Slott and all his poorly-written OC donut steels.

I hope not, that was funny the first time, but he ran the joke into the ground before the series was over.

>the thugs are white
>THAT'S SJW CRAP

kek