Gunnerkrigg court

Robo and Juliet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eyja8EsWvDk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SIN

>Tom will be in Santa Monica
Whoa, I live in LA, I could easily do that. I don't want to embarrass myself though.

as long as you don't do anything embarrassing it should be fine, the GK scene is fairly normal

>Black Annie
>Black Annie
>Black Annie
Also, how young does the court nab 'em, geez.

>robots have childhoods
Okay, this is a little overboard...

Also
>All my friends were doing it and i joined in
So he wasn't actually in love with her at the time? He just wanted to do like the other bots?

It wasn't childhood. They just had smaller chassis' back then. You know how robots are these days. Every year they come out with a bigger one.

>All my friends were doing it and i joined in
Monkey see, monkey do.
It was expected of you.
Much later, you get the sense of "Fuck it, I don't want any of that shit."

Get some help user.

Fucking disgusting...

>Robot childhoods
TOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!1!

Kat is too cute.

I missed Wednesday's thread.

me too

were there a lot of DON'T DATE ROBOTS jokes

Because I don't think the whole song and dance is even remotely worth it?

Man what the fuck is this garbage, when are we gonna learn about that Steadman person

Sure, and because you brought it up without anybody asking.

Now, that's where you're wrong.
I answered user here

>Robot childhood

You do realize that if we ever actually invent AI we're probably going to have to give them an actual childhood too.

Would you want the mind of a small child in an adult body that could bend metal with it's bare hands?

His question was about the comic. Your answer was about yourself. But I'll fix it.
Hey, user, How do you feel about the dating scene? Not too undesirable are ya?

The truth hurts don't it?[spoiler/]

>friendship turning into romance

more unrealistic than robsexuality desu

Fuck I'll try that spoiler again.
The truth hurts don't it?

But there's still small bots like that around, and there were bigger ones back in the days too
This really seems like it's meant to be a stage they have to go through

I guess not, that makes sense. but even some of the other small ones we've seen seem to be stronger than your average human

This is such a fucking trap people aren't allowed to be this happy in Tom's world.

I guess even if it's not a safety issue, robots 'growing up' is one of the ways they try to be more like the humans they admire. They're not exactly kids but they start as a basic design and progress differently with each model.

Called it!
Pedo robot!

This.
The most realistic way of achieving real ai is to make a synthetic brain that works just like a human's.

Yeah maybe but that childhood will only last a few weeks.
Or hell, a few fucking seconds.

What are you talking about?

An AIs childhood, if it can be called that, won't happen in the same time frame as a human childhood, user. A simulated childhood to teach an AI the basics could be done in mere moments.

I don't think we'd be able to rush it like that. It's not just basic information you'd need to show them. Just like with real schooling the purpose would be just as much about teaching them empathy and social skills.

>would be just as much about teaching them empathy and social skills.
Yeah, and? That could still be simulated for an electronic brain at ridiculous speeds.
I think you're really underestimating how quickly an AI could process information.

>not using the fixed version

What is this based on? :D

Because that's how our reality works. We're all learning AIs, being run through an advanced simulation. When we die, we're either put to use or deleted, depending on how useful we are. Your entire lifetime takes place in the blink of an eye of our creators.

This trapped in a simulation shit is just the new religion for pretentious people.

You're not trapped user you can leave any time.

Bushnell Tour V4 Golf Laser Rangefinder
youtube.com/watch?v=Eyja8EsWvDk

I understand.

A bit off topic but i just binged this comic since i was like 600 pages behind. You guys think annie will try to catch up her school work so she can graduate with her friends or do you think she'll be a year behind them forever?

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.

That seems like ... cheating?

I hope she'll be a year behind.
Or even get expelled! :D

And just like that, the robots are a slave race.

I take it you dont like annie very much.

I don't think you fully grasp how complicated the human mind is, if you think that.
Just because we have computers that can solve complex mathematical problems on the fly, doesn't mean it wouldn't take them a long, long time to actively process all the background information our brain has to process before some semblance of it reaches our conciousness.
First off, your brain actively processes everything within your vision and places it in a 3D environment. Any time you talk to someone, your brain not only records what is being said, it filters it out from any background noise, decodes it from whatever language is used, interprets tone in conjunction with facial expressions and setting and then some. If you're reading something on the internet, it has to do even more complex operations, trying to figure out what the intended reading of the text is, without the context of face or tone of voice.

On top of that, when you learn something new, you don't learn it as a line of code. Schools don't just give you a line of code to put in your mind, because the human mind, and by all chances anything else that functions the same way it does with even close to the appropriate efficiency, doesn't just maintain an alphabetical library of facts, but finds a place for all information where it has connection to other things. You might remember Julius Caesar's death in 44 BC, because it's so close to the Biblical birth of Christ, and because you remember being told that everyone who died before Christ was damned too hell, and how unfair that seemed to you at age 9-10. You don't just remember it because it's somewhere in there, it's tied to other pieces of information which before learning it, your brain needs to find, needs to evaluate on the basis of how close it is to this new piece of information, and then store it with those older pieces of information.

That's how an efficient mind works too, and it isn't just a shitty organic design.

>TL;DR:
The stuff computers do quickly is extremely simple compared to managing the by comparison absolutely massive database of information an average human possesses without even actively knowing about it, and on top of that, computers are quick because they're only concerned with said simple tasks, and don't have to also actively interpret everything going on around them.
So no, the "True A.I. can download the internet in a second because Brainiac did it once" is bullshit that pulp sci-fi came up with.

I WANT TO FUCK THAT ROBOT

I love Annie!
Her suffering brings me joy!

Yeah. Pretty much.

Little did you know, I am both types!

I don't think Annie's schoolwork is the most imperative plotline.

So did Kat sucking random boy's cocks while Paz watches and cries while masturbating ever become a thing?

I wish this wasn't true

Is it a thing in your heart?

The only thing in my heart is cholesterol.

I mean, its kinda important, it would be a sign that she's actually getting her life back in order. Which does relate to the court purposely letting a child have free reign, specifically so that child would get worse and worse, so they could blackmail that childs father.

haha what the fuck is going on

Heresy. Lots of heresy.

Robbing the factory.

It was a bug at the time, I guess he never installed the patch.

i want to give zimmy love

But she already has Gamma!

what about a nintendo I can get her one of those and then she'll love me

Zimmy doesn't play video games.

>Juliette literally falling for a love letter, specifically what the Court's own rules say NOT to do

This whole plotline was foreshadowed TWO-THIRDS OF THE COMIC AGO. Somebody post the page.

She's also homeless.

Criminally underappreciated

I think the Chapter 113 pages was posted in previous thread: but she didn't fall for it, she rejected him, then fell in love later
I quite like pic related

This actually makes me wonder: does Robot still, deep down, see Annie as his mother? He stopped calling her "mommy" because she asked him to, but I wonder how he feels inside. It might be neat for them to have a heart to heart.

That would be neat, but unfortunately anything involving Robot and relationships is gonna be put on hold as soon as his creepy-ass robo-cult comes to light.

>>Tom will be in Santa Monica
WHAT
oh gosh should I go

I keked

go and kiss him

And she kills cute animals for fun.

Did Kat turn city face gay?

I don't see why you would go and make up terrible rumors about her, she has enough trouble making friends already.

I seen her do it! She just twisted a rabbit's head off and then she dun ate it with her sharp teeth all raw-like!

That´s not true

She lives in the middle of a vast, expanding technologically advanced cityscape that's mostly void of life. Where the fuck would she get a live rabbit?

>He isnt in a relationship with his childhood best friend

Zimmy can teleport.

Fuck I'm going to be completely heartbroken if anything bad happens to these two.

Not on purpose.

self defence

Paz.
She stole it.
She's also a thief, btw.

I hardly even posted in this thread!

>would she get a live rabbit

That's probably a cosmic crime or something.

Ever notice how the thread instantly turns to shit whenever someone mentions Zimmy?