Project: Multiverse Comics

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/JyKVveLK

Discord:
discord.gg/rGSaquC

Currently we're looking for artists, but writers and editors are still welcome!

So if you have any questions before joining the project, sound off below!

There's a multiverse of possibilities awaiting you inside, so join in!

Better than Catalyst Prime! Guaranteed!

I have an idea for a golden age hero based on a public domain hero, would it belong in the alphaverse?

>let's run before we can even crawl
I'll never understand Sup Forums.

What do you mean, friend?

bump

Come oooon, don't be pussies
Prove to Marlel that you can make better superhero comics than them

bump

For those of you actively contributing to the discord, what kind of structure is this? Multiverse with each writer's respective stories, or an Omniverse where in some cases writers present their own multiverse?

Can anyone tell me which stories are currently in progress? I'm interested. Very shitty artist willing to start practicing religiously if I can contribute something (specifically something worth people's times).

At least Marvel(or smaller companies) pay

Think of it like this.

We have a shared universe where many people work together to make a cohesive world.

Then we have elseworlds where people can work independently with their own thing.

This is it, basically. Alphaverse is our shared universe, everything else is its own thing and you can do whatever the fuck you want with your story.

They would never hire (You) though. At least not as an amateur.

What type of tone does it seems like the Alphaverse is turning into? Something more lighthearted/yet mature tone (The Incredibles) or something more R-Rated (Powers)?

How realistic are the physics of this universe? Could characters like Batman easily contend with otherworldy threats or would he be held back severely due to his limitations? Not trying to be a douche with these questions. Just trying to get a feel for this universe.

I think he means that we shouldn't even really be thinking about a collaborative effort on this scale because Sup Forums's track record has been pretty minimal and no one is coming forth feely saying that they have a "FINISHED" piece of writing they're willing to share. Bunch of individuals with probably good ideas due to our large knowledge bank but no one with the drive or initaitve to see it through to completion.

I don't know, you'd have to join the discord and ask them. I'm doing my own thing so I know jack about the Alphaverse.

I get that, but we're still in the planning stages. Truth be told, I don't expect this to come out until Q4 2017 maybe even next year. The editors are still organizing shit and getting people interested.

bump

This seems like as good a place as any to ask where's a good place to find competent and professional artists online?

If they are competent and professional they're probably already working.

Not by simple rule of supply and demand really. There's always more skilled people than there are positions for work unless it's a completely new profession being created. This is particularly true in the arts. There's 1million people trying to get 100 acting parts in Hollywood, there's 1million people trying to get onto 100 music labels, there's 1million plumbers and only 1000 broken toilets, etc.

Bumping this thread so hopefully it can stay relevant till morning when I can really focus my attention. This project seems really cool and I wanna know more about it.

Get on the discord then faget

Tumblr and twitter. Depends on the kind of style you're looking for though.

bump

Anyone got an OC donut they want drawn?

Sure, he's a supervillain called the Cockmongler. Here's a reference pic of his face. Go crazy.

What kinda artstyle you got?

Bored drawfag? That you again?

...yes.

Cool. The same from past threads, that did Insight, right?

I've got two, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.
Both are Hell's Angels type bikers. Rock is a younger guy who can turn into a four armed stone monster, Metal is an older guy who turns into a metallic form.

Rock is a younger guy, early 20s, about 6'1, fit and muscular, kinda dumb. Short black hair. In stone form he looks like more like a human proportioned Doomsday than a grey Thing, four armed and a few inches taller than his human form. His hair turns into black cristalline spikes, and some of those grow on the back of his arms.

Metal is older, late 30s to early 40s, 5'7, muscular but with a little gut, bearmode, blond, long hair under a bandanna, short beard. In his elemental form he can stretch a little so he makes himself an inch taller than Rock and loses his gut. He is gunmetal grey with golden hair and beard.

Their uniform is just their biker leathers. They both usually drop their jackets before transforming.

If you want to just make their elemental forms that is already plenty good for me.

Cool, I'll sketch something up soon

Thanks. I'll try to pin down the appearances of the rest of their team so I can bug you when you ask again.

np, if you miss the pics here, check my DA