/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

Best Mando edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Best of Star Wars Insider Vol.6: Heroes of the Light Side (June 13)
Star Wars #32: Screaming Citadel #4 (June 14)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends#Force_powers
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/866988157031546881
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/734433990204129280
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm still sad about Rebels coming to an end. Feels like it's before its time.
I'm going to miss her. And I'm going to miss all the bullying even more.

Me too man. Too soon. Just like TCW.

Just talked an Eutist at work into Reading Thrawn and starting rebels.

Filoni seems to really love TCW, to the extent that Rebels seems like an addendum to it sometimes. I wonder did he just get bored of it, or was he moved along to a new project by higher-ups?

Good job

You're doing god's work, agent.

He wanted it to dovetail into RotS, but the Disney acquisition forced them to cancel, because you can't have a Disney IP on a competing network...he definitely wasn't bored. I'm just glad they finished Maul's arc and did it justice.

>including thrawn in nu-canon

One of the worst fucks up they've done so far, might as well make Snoke reincarnated Palpatine while at it and include a Yuuzhan Vong invasion in some future movie.

About 2/3rds of the way through Thrawn and loving it. I'm listening to the audiobook.
Curious, how do you picture Eli in your head? And does does anyone else see Trip?

>and include a Yuuzhan Vong invasion in some future movie.
Yay!

Fuck you.

>he doesn't know about the plans for a Yuuzhan Vong scout ship to appear in The Clone Wars
>he doesn't know they are likely to reintroduce the idea sooner or later

C'mon babe, don't be like that.

>not wanting an extragalatic s&m xeno invasion

Shit taste senpai.

Was never interested back in the old EU. Heard it was trash. True?

Whole EU or Yuuzhan Vong?

Mostly trash, just like any fictional universe not created by a single individual. Of course after being dumped it was just replaced with something equally shitty.

I heard the Vong themselves besides the whole "immune to the Force" thing were neat, but apparently they took up a lot of stories or something and people got fatigued. Or something along those lines.

HA. Actually chuckled. The latter.

The EU itself was a huge mess with lots of very good as well as lots of very bad content.
I personally never got as far into the EU as the Vong invasion or beyond, but I hear its trash.

the vast majority of the EU is a giant shitty mess, but the few gems of the EU are better than anything that has come out of the Nu canon so far.

I'd say that's a fairly true statement.

I'm aware, I was talking about the Vong. My bad for vagueness.

I think Filoni does really like Rebels, but he also finished up the main things he wanted to do with it.

Ideas for Rebels were actually some of his earliest TCW ideas, such as the idea of the cast living and traveling on a "home" ship, so he finally got to bring them to life. Remnants of these ideas are seen in TCW with things like the Twilight, which is why that ship basically disappears after the first season.

But he probably got the opportunity to start on something bigger, and figured that now was the best time to end the show. Vader "killed" Ahsoka? Done. Rebellion set up? Done. Maul's arc concluded? Done. Story of a family living in a spaceship? Done. And it all ended up lining up perfectly so that chronologically, ending it at Season 4 would sit Rogue One perfectly between Rebels and ANH. He saw that he could tie a bow on it, so he did. It's much better than taking things nice and slow and going 100+ episodes, only to be told by Disney to wrap it up without time to end it properly.

I think he'd rather just give it a nice ending now, and then focus his efforts on his "bigger" project which he has not yet revealed to us. And if he ends up feeling like stuff from Rebels was unresolved, like with TCW, he'll find a way to give fans some closure in his new show. I'm certain that we'll be seeing Hera again, for example.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends#Force_powers

>Luke safely landed himself and Isolder from a free fall drop from orbit with the Force
>he also absorbed the initial cannon blasts from the AT-AT
>Luke managed to telekinetically sustain a black hole
>he walked on lava while still throbbing with the Force after defeating a Fireworm living in the lava just moments before
>Luke used the Force to call all the Jedi across the galaxy to Ossus
>Luke also trained to overcome the Force-Blindness caused by Ysalamiri
>Luke used the Force to generate a physical copy of the Jade Shadow to fool the attacking dartships. This usage of the Force was so extreme, Luke burnt out and his face was temporarily sunken and shriveled like Palpatine's
>Luke rooted himself with the Force so strongly that it was said that he had become the very essence of the immovable object, and that not even the black hole at the center of the galaxy could move him
>Luke shut his presence down after being fired upon by Jaina to make it seem like he died
>Luke made Caedus "see" a fleet of ships, causing him to panic in front of his navy
>He was described as a maelstrom of luminous Force energy, against which there was no shelter. So calm and focused was he that his actions were not interrupted by any thought. Luke merged with the Force to such a degree that the Jedi Master did not seem to be there, physically or as an individual personality
>Electric Judgment
>Luke was taught the Fold space ability which allowed him to teleport objects vast distances
>The Light Side rushed into him, his cells began to burst with power and his skin gave off a golden glow
>mnemotherapy
>Luke had great resilience in Force duels, able to break a powerful Force grip on his neck
>Luke dispensed powerful blasts of Force energy that manifested itself as golden flame

>the idea of the cast living and traveling on a "home" ship
I love that shit, it's so damn comfy. And not many, if any games have managed to capture that feeling yet

the Vong, as a concept, had potential

an alien race from outside the galaxy with massive organic space ships, and were immune to the sensory aspect of the force, Jedi couldn't sense any force in them. It could have been amazing, but was handled poorly and eventually it just sort of puttered out.

with the story group and a competent author, they could theoretically do justice to the concept. it won't be at the scale it was in the EU, but it could be done.

The biggest problem with old SW was them being autistic about canon instead of adopting policy of myths, rumors, hearsay, propaganda, and outright lies that GW uses.

Whats with this general's autistic obsession with canon?

Thank you for this.

Sometimes bait. Other times an opportunity to mentally masturbate.

Pottery

Huh. That's an interesting idea. I didn't see him, but I definitely imagined Eli with the same accent.

I think the hardest thing for me was keeping his age straight. I think he starts the story as an adult, but he's a (soon to graduate) cadet. And Rebels, Servants of the Empire, and Lost Stars have got me picturing cadets as younger.

I imagined this guy

>the Twilight
Damn I hated that flying box of a spaceship.

i imagined him as a not as pretty gay luke with a southern accent

>puttered out.
>it won't be at the scale it was in the EU, but it could be done.
Sound like a lot of things done in the EU, maybe the have plans to reintroduce a good amount of the gems from then. Fingers crossed for a new Starkiller type character.

I hated the Vong, but it was in a "Villain I Love to Hate" kind of way.

I'm like 75% convinced Filoni's bigger project is an animated film rather than a series, possibly with something approaching a regular Disney-sized budget. The question is just what said film would be about.

I'd hazard a guess at the siege of Mandalore, since it gets Ahsoka back out in a cartoon movie for kids who love Ahsoka and also because she's Filoni's waifu, but it would be nonsensical viewing for general audiences because it's literally the conclusion to a story most of them won't have seen.

>but it would be nonsensical viewing for general audiences because it's literally the conclusion to a story most of them won't have seen
Also Maul figures prominently in the story, and the masses think he bought it in TPM.

How well did TCW's movie do at the box office anyway?

Nah, normies generally know by now Maul is alive, and some exposition/flashbacks wouldn't be impossible. There was a big marketing campaign about his return back in 2013, and the main Youtube channel has addressed it tons.

You overestimate how much Lucasfilm is going to bend over for idiots

The Vong as a concept - realistically - are probably going to be the big bad of the inevitable sequel-sequel trilogy a decade from now. Obviously they won't be the actual Vong, but they'll be the Vong in spirit.

There's been an inordinate amount of stage-setting for a darkness lurking outside the galaxy across all the new canon novels and comics, etc., and at this rate I doubt that particular plot thread is going to come to fruition at the end of Episode IX. Snoke and the First Order don't seem to have anything directly to do with the extragalactic evil that's been foreshadowed so much in everything from Aftermath to Thrawn, but rather look like they're going to be simple 1:1 expies of the OT villains without much of a twist.

All these tidbits and teases about the font of the dark side are probably the story group playing the long game, laying the groundwork for extragalactic invasion, so that when Star Wars X comes out in 2030 and features dark side-wielding aliens attacking the galaxy and everyone starts complaining that they pulled that out of their ass they can point back to all these hints and go "nuh uh, we've been planning this for years".

>star wars x in 2030
goddamn that just sounds fun to say
sounds FUTURE as fuck

>darkness lurking outside the galaxy
>extragalactic evil
I still say all the language used in the books suggests, to me, the Unknown Regions, not the actual outside of the galaxy.

>It's a Ralph McQuarrie concept art episode

new lego sets leaked

75194 CONFIDENTIAL_HERO SPEEDER NEW

75195 CONFIDENTIAL_VILLAIN SPEEDER NEW

75196 CONFIDENTIAL_HERO FIGHTER NEW

75197 CONFIDENTIAL_VILLAIN FIGHTER NEW
75533 CONFIDENTIAL_HERO FIGURE NEW

75534 CONFIDENTIAL_VILLAIN FIGURE NEW

75535 CONFIDENTIAL INFERNO FIGURE NEW
75198 CONFIDENTIAL_INFERNO PACK NEW

75199 CONFIDENTIAL_CLONE TROOPER PACK NEW

75200 CONFIDENTIAL_FIRST SPECIAL FORCES PACK NEW

75201 CONFIDENTIAL_JEDI COUNCIL PACK NEW

75206 CONFIDENTIAL_ACH-TO DUEL NEW

75207 CONFIDENTIAL_IMPERIAL CORVETTE NEW

75210 CONFIDENTIAL_TBC WAR ROOM NEW

FUCKING JEDI COUNCIL FIGURES

FUCKING IMPERIAL CORVETTE SET

>ach-to duel

You best be prepared to provide a source this instant

that's been confirmed since last year pal

knights and ren vs luke and rey

>75196 CONFIDENTIAL_HERO FIGHTER NEW
Please PLEASE be Hera's X-wing. Answer my prayers, TLG!

He looks like the guy that sits next to me at work

feathery blond hair, brown eyes,tannish pale skin but no freckles, awkwardly tall and mildly fit, talks with a north carolina accent

What is she, Sup Forums?

Old Republic Exiled King

An original character who probably has connections to a character we know and Snoke himself is unlikely to be a character we know

I second the need for a source, the only thing I can find is a /toy/ thread.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? My question is if you think Djem So would be most suited to the fighting style of Jon Snow. Just occurred to me is all.

>Fighting style

Do you watch game of thrones?

P L A G U E I S
L
A
G
U
E
I
S

Jon Snow's actor honestly feels like the most proficient swordsman on the show. Whereas Jaime's, for example, is really sloppy. So yeah.

I finally did it. Rate, pls no bully, etc.

I ended up cheating a little to have a "complete" grid, but I was really running out of characters I liked enough to waifu, and even had to scrap the barrel for a couple of literally whos. Also, I tried to arrange them as logically and organically as possible, and with symmetrical Twi'leks for maximum kino. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

>Sana
Oh you better believe you're getting bullied

>Lyra

disgusting. The rest are fine though

>Aphra
>Sabine
>Padme
>Evaan
All patrician choices.
I've never understood Pryce/Tua waifu-ing, but hey, if it floats your boat!

where are the husbandos

Kinda like Linguini from Ratatouille but shorter and with red hair.

One guy sperged at me one day because I said this, and had a total meltdown about it and it was funny, but Aresko

normal looking, nothing special.

You know what's coming next, right?

>Satine
>Lyra
>Pryce

>Wona Goban
Questionable waifu, but I'll allow it.

The biggest problem with the Snoke is Plagueis theory is that it's too obvious.

To be honest, Sana is one of the girls I'm most unsure about, alongside Shaak Ti (she is cute in the cartoon, but her live-action version creeps me out a little) and Wona Goban (the cute Asian Y-wing pilot from Rogue One with 2 lines and 5 seconds of screen time total, chosen simply because I have a soft spot for rebel starfighter pilots dating back to the EU and because she was dubbed by Hera's VA)

Shut up Krennic, Galen will never love you.

Tua is a cute, and the fact that we failed to protect her highlights just how precious she is - I mean was.
Pryce is the dommy mommy.

It's a waifu chart, not a husbando chart.

The biggest problem with the Snoke is Plagueis theory is that he was in TFA, and JJ won't touch a prequel thing.

Have mercy

Are you ready for season 4 /swco/?

>Sana
>Seventh Sister
>Pryce
>Lyra

My body is ready

Yeah, I can buy that. Just some average joe next to Thrawn.

The EU is fucking stupid and autistic and the new Disney canon is much better.

If you even bring up any EU bullshit, you make yourself known as a shitposter.

Who's the girl between Suu LawQuane and Ursa Wren?

The biggest problem with the Snoke is Plagueis theory is the same problem with the Rey is Luke's daughter theory. It blatantly contradicts Lucas canon. Lucas says that the Sith are all dead at the end of Return of the Jedi so Plagueis must be dead and Lucas also said that Jedi aren't allowed to start families so Luke isn't allowed to produce children or have a lover.

Soniee from Mandalore episodes

FILONI NO

Huh. I was thinking she was from that episode, but when I looked those cadets up and saw your pic with the different bangs, I eliminated Soniee as a possiblity.

Daily reminder that the Vong are canon.
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/866988157031546881

FILONI YES

>Lucas canon

That hack created Mara Jade and the Vong. Who gives a shit if it contradicts him?

Not even trying with this bait.

They're not canon.

Filoni said that the Vong concept art was never from a planned episode. It was just a story idea in his head.

>we could have been on Season 8 of TCW by now

They are just as canon as the other unproduced TCW episodes. Pablo has said that the Vong would have appeared in a 4 episode arc. They wouldn't have been the main focus, but they weren't just spitballing them. It's also very possible that this arc has been referenced already in canon since Thrawn mentions having met Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars meaning that for some reason Anakin went to the Unknown Regions during the war.
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/734433990204129280

How long before nucanon goes too far off of the deep end and gets thrown into the legends trash pile where it belongs?

>meaning that for some reason Anakin went to the Unknown Regions during the war
I took it as Thrawn visiting the Known Regions during the war.

See it this way, at least we got a few new waifus in Hera, Tua, SS and Pryce. So Rebels wasn't too bad.