>Gadgets created for one episode reappearing in multiple others

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93228644/#93229343
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92948457/#92948457
youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA
youtube.com/watch?v=2cR-6rBpYz0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is the best batman cartoon?

The greatest made-for-TV cartoon of all-time, 'Batman: The Animated Series', of course. But you probably knew that already.

TAS is ridiculously overrated, and holds up poorly

Nah. It's one of a small handful of tv cartoons you can watch as an adult without being autistic.

'The Batman' is definitely not included in that handful.

There are NO cartoons you can watch as an adult without being autistic, by definition.
That said, B:TAS is still shit in comparison.

'The Batman' isn't even as good as 'Batman: Brave and the Bold'. 'The Batman' is the Batman cartoon you show to your 6-year old if you think the other Batman cartoons are too intense for him. That, or old Superfriends episodes.

BATB is a literal joke of a cartoon. I can get nostalgiafags for TAS, but I cannot understand how anyone can like that one at all.

And The Batman has plenty of dark shit.

I'm assuming you're a kid in your 20s and you grew up with The Batman. Despite your nostalgia for it, it's really not good. Sorry. It's not a case of the show not holding up. It was never good.

Shitposting aside, well there ever be another Batman cartoon?
Not counting team ups, the last Batman cartoon was Beware the Batman.

It's good, but like The Batman; it's terrible episodes are a fucking abortion. Which episodes? Ones with; Batman's romance as a focus, all but one Ra's Al Ghul episode, and anything with Batgirl thinking she is hot shit (guuuurl power)

You got my age right, but not much else.
I literally just watched it for the first time.

>There are NO cartoons you can watch as an adult without being autistic

So a parent can't watch a show with their child?
Nice projection, autismo.

>B:TAS
>The Batman
>Batman Beyond
All good in my opinion

However, is Brave and the Bold any good?

That would require Cartoon Network/WB put money into an animated show again. When was the last time an action/superhero cartoon with anything resembling a budget aired on Cartoon Network? ThunderCats?

More than likely you'll get some cheap watered-down kiddy garbage cartoon in a couple of years that has shit animation and no real effort put into it.

You grew up with other bland cartoons like it. You probably think Jackie Chan Adventures and Men in Black the Series were good.

It's a good jokey series. Like a good 4/10 is joking. Intentional or not.
>"BATMAN DOES NOT EAT NACHOS!"

I've never seen either of those.
I'm the pic related poster.

Batman Beyond>BTAS>Batman BATB>The Batman>Beware the Batman

>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003
>all cartoons from when you were about 10-12

Yeah, that's about right.

No more reason to continue the thread, this is the answer. Only 12 year olds will disagree.
I give you example A.

The closest thing we have right now is Justice League Action and even that's getting screwed over.
I don't get how DC is just letting them snuff out their animated properties in favor of TTG.

Except that I'd never seen the following until quite recently:
The Batman
Kim Possible
Teen Titans
TMNT 2003
And the rest of those shows I'd only watched sporadically as a kid, and recently caught up on many episodes I missed back then - and probably enjoyed those even more, if anything.

Bottom line, it's not nostalgia in the slightest.

They're all cartoons created in the style of cartoons that were on the air when you happened to be about 12 years old.

So, yes it is.

You're still technically a kid and still capable of watching cartoons like that, but I assure you you won't be watching any of that crap by the time you hit 35.

Well yeah, I like how quality 2000s cartoons were made. That's not going to change, though.
(Especially since I used to prefer Canadian cartoons back in the day. How embarrassing.)

I'm rewatching The Batman recently, and I admit that it's less bad than I remembered.

>You probably think Jackie Chan Adventures and Men in Black the Series were good.
not him but those shows were good(well besides JCA's last season)

>I don't get how DC is just letting them snuff out their animated properties in favor of TTG.
cause DC literally has no other options here in the US, Disney has Marvel, and Nickelodeon has Ninja Turtles & Power Rangers, neither of them need or want anything from DC, and for whatever reason DC hasn't tried to make a deal with Netflix

Brave and the Bold is pretty good.

But this doesn't mean I like 2000s cartoons in general, by any measure. Some stuff Sup Forums goes crazy about like MLAATR or Danny Phantom is trash.
I've also tried watching more recent cartoons that Sup Forums raves about, like Motorcity and Sym-Bionic Titan. Both turned out to be utter shit as well.
(Oh yeah, and Cybersix is deeply overrated here.)

>DC hasnt tried to make a deal with Netflix.

Stop talking out of your ass. Are you in the board room witnissing the offers they get? The answer is no, you arent. They probably have gotten offers and are contractually obligated to turn them down because of their liscense deal with Marvel.

Summer gets worse every year.

>28 posts
>12 posters
If I were to guess I'd say you made this thread for the sole pupose of once again proclaiming your love for The Batman, using that same copypasted text posted several times before, and complain about Batman TAS by baiting TASfags into disagreeing you.
You do this in every thread about Batman media. Especially the occasional Batman TAS threads which you feel the need to derail by complaining about how overrated it is.
You could just start a "The Batman" thread normally, you know. It's not like Sup Forums hates The Batman that much, a lot of us like it or are indifferent to it at best. But no, you have to make this about how The Batman is the greatest cartoon ever and how TAS is so overrated and etc.

Most of what you wrote is wrong, but whatever...

BTAS

Brave and the Bold is more of an Justice League cartoon.

The Batman is not worthy of mention.

You have 10 seconds to tell me why Brave and the Bold isn't Batkino.

>Joker
He's okay, but seeing be so acrobatic is kinda weird
>Yin
oh that cool chick who gets forgotten after the first season for Batgirl? Yeah no
>Firefly
Before he became that Human Torch knockoff sure
>Clock King
No
>Hugo Strange
Good rendition of Strange. Zombie episode is the best with him
>Black Mask
Not enough of him in the series to judge
>Batgirl
A-okay
>Harley Quinn as a quack talk show host
Fucking stupid
>Joker and Harley's relationship
Even stupider
>Dracula
Got my vote
>Black Mask
What?
>The Batmobile Designs
The first one was better
>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work
As apposed to every other series that does that?
>Bruce Qayne being just as important as Batman
Except he's not
Only ones I recall are the new Batmobile, Batbot, and thr Cold suit for the occasional Freeze fight.
7/10 series it does some cool stuff but then falls flat by the end

>most of what you wrote is wrong
Let's see what happens when I put that filename for your epin reaction image on the archive.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/93228644/#93229343
Oh look at that, another post made for the purpose of baiting TASfags.

Or what happens when I look up your pasta
Or what happens when I look up "The Batman" on the archive
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92948457/#92948457
Gee, what do you know ?

If you are going to be this pathetically transparent at least take this shit to Sup Forums, it's just embarassing that you feel the need to force The Batman down everyone's throats and pick fights with people who like TAS just because it's better received than your show was.

Yeah, that was my thread too. But that was about the intro specifically, which is even better than the amazing show itself.
The artstyle thread isn't mine, though I did post in it.

Justice League Action was almost a Batman cartoon, but WB wanted to promote Justice League.

This is stupid not because we got a JL cartoon instead of yet another Batman cartoon, but the creators of Beware wanted to do a Batman/Superman cartoon, but WB told them no, even though they had BvS to promote.

>Joker

He was mediocre and had too much airtime.

>Clayface

He was pretty cool, even if derivative of Two-Face and his arc had a lame ending.

>Yin

Dropped with no explanation after season two.

>Firefly

Cool suit. I don't see why the comics continue to stick with his ugly gray jumpsuit.

>Clock King

That was a good episode, but he wasn't Clock King.

>Hugo Strange

Good villain that, again, was wasted.

>Black Mask

He had a strong first episode, but his later appearances fumbled. He looked like shit half the time in the Hawkman episode.

>Batgirl

She was annoying.

>Harley Quinn as a quack talk show host

Neat little modernization, but not my ideal take on her.

>Joker and Harley's relationship

It was overly cutesy.

>Dracula

Indifferent.

>Pretty much every Villain's design

Some of them looked like garbage, like Riddler or Cluemaster.

>The Batmobile Designs

The second one was pretty cool, admittedly.

>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work

So did Beware the Batman. It ain't that special.

>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman

So did B:TAS. It ain't that special.

So does any Batman media ever. It ain't that special.

>Think Men in Black the Series was good

But it was

>They probably have gotten offers and are contractually obligated to turn them down because of their liscense deal with Marvel.
I highly doubt Netflix's deal with Marvel would require them to reject any proposals from DC, heck if they did that they would have made Netflix get rid of all the other DC stuff already on there

How can one person have so much conviction when praising such horrible shows? If these are your true opinions you seriously need to seek professional help.

>one person
>implying

Yeah, I can understand Marvel throwing a fit if Netflix commission original content from DC, but hosting a few DC shows should be harmless.

>influx of shilling of the same shows
>using the same image
>not one person
ok

You're gonna need to provide some sources on that, as I have no idea what you're talking about. What other shows have I been "shilling" like this?

>all but one Ra's Al Ghul episode,
THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one who hated whenever he and his daughter showed up. Especially his daughter, couldn't stand her.

>and anything with Batgirl thinking she is hot shit (guuuurl power)
Would you agree that Batgirl was much better-written in The Batman?

Actually, as far as behaviour goes, the batman's joker, was great. The rastafarian design was horrible, but the way he acted was spot on

It's so "NOT MUH BATMAN" in here, it hurts.

How?

The Batman is cool but why do I get the feeling that everyday we see the same user talking about how great it is and when someone says that BTAS or any other Batman cartoon is better, he says it is not?

Have you considered that this mysterious user may in fact be correct? Popular opinion is not always right, you know...

Found (you)

>and the curious user asked: what is sarcasm?

It's stupid.

There, took me like 1 second instead of 10.

A healthy bit of Batwank, but anyone who expects otherwise is a fucking moron. Has Batman playing the straight-man to a lot of zanier characters and really provides a nice sampler platter of the DCU at large.
Might be pure cheese, but their Aquaman never fails to make me smile.
Lots of great pisodes; 8/10 should watch

Because opinions can differ. We have learned this lesson since the aecond grade.

Yes. She was trying to prove herself and would whine when people didn't recognize "I'm doing a thing! Hey! Hey! Come ooooon."

Btas Batgirl "Hmph, I don't need anyone's help. I'm perf and in control and who cares what Batman said."

Do you want a teenager who wants your approval or a woman who will go out if her way to go against you if you disagree with her? Plus, The Batman Batgirl had college near the end; so she was less prominent.

But why talk trash about other cartoons?

The sad part; the one episode was a flashback to the western development years. Let's see if I can summarize a basic Btas Ra's Al Ghul episode

>"Mwahaha! Detective! I know who you are and respect you but you disagree woth me so I will fight you!"
>"No, father, I love him, even though I have had maybe 2 hours of interaction with him, tops."
>"Gasp, daughter, you DARE go against what I, a 600 year old MAN would say?!"
>"No, daddy, I sorry, I love you."
>"Gah! Somehow the detective has beaten my rushed storyline for the episode! I'll get you next tiiiiime!"

Because this is Sup Forums and anonymity allows assholeness to brew easier. Honestly, I like both series for different reasons, but they both did have their weak spots.

The Batman's not that good but BtAS is obnoxiously overrated and not that much better.

Batman Beyond (best DCAU cartoon in general)
Brave and the Bold close second

Don't forget the constant use of MUH BELOVED every fucking sentence.

How is this the definition of cartoons? There are plenty of cartoons that are definitely not meant to be viewed by children at all. I mean I saw Fritz the Cat on tv when I was like 10 but I certainly was not the target audience of that film.

Dark does not equal good and the fact you used this as an argument means you're clearly the idiot here. BATB being goofy also doesn't mean it's bad.

I mean shit Beware the Batman had way better character designs/art style than The Batman. And I say this as someone who HATES shows that are all CG.

Aside from becoming basically a more serious Brave and the Bold toward the end The Batman just didn't have a lot of redeeming qualities.
Ok now The Batman was pretty bad but let's not drag JCA and MiB into this. Those were good shows.

I will concede on all of these except Sym-Bionic Titan being shit.

>dracula

The Batman was a shitty shoe with terrible character designs and inconsistent tones build to sell toys to children who didn't know any better.

BTAS=Brave &The Bold BTAS>Brave &The Bold if you're subhuman garbage that can't appreciate the golden age of comics and camp>Beware the Batman>>>The Batman

>short ears
>lean build
>grey tights
>yellow circle around the bat symbol
>long draping cape
>blue highlights on said cape
This is literally the best Batman design outside of the comics.

>he doesn't rate Batman Beyond

Not a fan of the dragging cape.

Looks neat sometimes but just seems like a huge liability in fights

The worst crime the show committed was replacing the original theme, imo. Well that and not living up to the hype of the theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA

And thus whiney faggot has been BTFO with help of little detective work. Batman would approve.

weeabo The Batmanfag absolutely

>BLOWN
>THE FUCK
>OUT

>The artstyle thread isn't mine, though I did post in it.
oops

Also, a thread from two weeks ago isn't proof of anything.

Eh, those are animated sitcoms. Not cartoons as we know them.

>he felt the need to share this twice in 3 days

KEK

This is literally the most autistic thing outside of the comics.

That's not my post either.
Have fun thinking it is, though.

I liked when he closed the cape all the way so his body was completely concealed, it made him look inhuman and mysterious.

Well excuuuse me, I was just rating the Wayne Batman series. I consider beyond more of a spinoff than anything it's more consistant that BTAS but it's best episodes don't top the best of BTAS so I would put it extremely close, but maybe below BTAS and B&TB

The cartoon I named was not a sitcom. What?

Maybe if you stopped being such a shallow-minded normie for one sec and actually considered the fact that Batman's character, history and folklore is built around both dark AND silly things, then maybe you'd understand why people like BATB.

Batman is stupid by definition. Think of another argument.

>Clock King
>No

what are you on?
that episode was fantastic

Because?

Everything related to the cape in this show was awesome.

This is neither an argument nor a reason

>And why is it The Batman?

It's enjoyable, but Brave and the Bold and Batman: TAS were both better.

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=2cR-6rBpYz0

It's a lot of fun if you enjoy camp and lots of references that only comic book readers will pick up on. If you liked Adam West's Batman, it's worth checking out. Neil Patrick Harris's cameo gets mentioned a lot on Sup Forums. It also had a really fun take on Aquaman's character.

There was some pretty dark stuff in BATB. Spectre straight up kills someone for seeing Batman without his mask. Characters who seemed like a joke at first (B'Wana Beast, Platelet, etc.) die and it has a surprisingly heavy emotional impact.

But Sym-Bionic Titan being shit is the strongest opinion I hold out of all of those.

ok and? We have different opinions. Welcome to the real world

>The Batman was a shitty shoe
Well, obviously. Cartoons belong on the TV, not on your feet.

Yeah. Was a good show though.

It's called shit taste, user. It's called shit taste.

Arguably, Beware the Batman had a stronger start as well.

Why did they ditch Yin after season 2? She was a bitch, but she was developing into a decent character before getting booted.