Reminder that Dr Manhattan could have killed both Ozymandias and Rorschach, destroyed the fortress...

Reminder that Dr Manhattan could have killed both Ozymandias and Rorschach, destroyed the fortress, and eliminate all evidence of the conspiracy, and peace would have been kept

Killing Rorschach was unnecessary but I figured Moore did it as a parallel in that Walter refuses to live with what's been done and Adrian must live with it.
Adrian couldn't be killed there on the spot though, as I've said before they needed him to use his resources and preestablished schemes to guide the affected towards the fabricated utopia he had in mind. Without him I wouldn't say things wouldn't become peaceful but the amount of chaos from the psychic nightmare wash would likely have made it difficult for anyone to think straight for some time.

Once all that was done however I agree there's no reason he should be left alive, he's outlived his usefulness, should have already put people into place to succeed him and should pay for his crimes.
If he refuses then it was clearly never about really helping others and only making the world helpless so he could feel useful and sate his paranoia about its destruction by pretending to help them.

Sure, in the same way he could've 'stopped' Comedian from shooting that pregnant woman.

he didn't know about rorschach leaving the diary???

>killing Ozymandias

There is literally no reason to do that.

But Ozymandias' plan hinges entirely on him and his various companies taking advantage of the chaos that he caused with the squid monster by continuously promoting a message of looking towards the stars and fighting an imaginary enemy.

Can someone explain what the motive for killing Ozymandias would be in the first place? Is OP just being retarded? I don't see a reason anywhere why he should be killed.

Presumably as punishment for the murder of all those people. You normally get the death penalty after a few people down.

He wasn't just murdering people for fun, his murders were useful, like when we bombed Hiroshima. You wouldn't give the death penalty to President Truman.

>He wasn't just murdering people for fun,
That's not legally useful information.
Murder is murder.
>like when we bombed Hiroshima
Who is this "we", kemosabe?
Also acts of war in war, that you are part of, are regulated by war law. You don't just bomb whoever you want for whatever reaction and reason and then file it under greater good.

Otherwise every single terrorist would be exempt of their crimes.

It's not like the diary would actually do anything, imagine if the national enquirer printed the memoirs of some basement dweller...nothing would come from it, its a disreputable paper printing material from an even more disreputable source

>legally

We're obviously not talking about the law since the hypothetical OP brought up was whether Dr. Manhattan should murder Ozymandias.

>Who is this "we", kemosabe?

The United States of America. It's a country generally considered responsible for the decision to use nuclear weapons against Japanese civilians of which most of us here are citizens.

>Otherwise every single terrorist would be exempt of their crimes.

No, not all acts of violence and/or murder are interchangeable. That doesn't follow at all. Each act has its own merits and its own moral questions which need to be evaluated individually. Hiroshima and what Ozymandias did are comparable not because they're just both acts of violence and murder but because they both had extremely positive consequences justifying their execution. Very few terrorist attacks are similar to these two acts in that respect. If you want to name a specific terrorist attack and argue it has comparable benefits to Hiroshima or the psychic octopus thing go ahead, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to make a very compelling argument in favor of it.

Reputable news outlets have investigated National Enquirer scoops and confirmed them in the past. All it takes is one person at a reputable outlet to hear a rumor or notice a grocery store tabloid headline and get curious enough to check it out themselves.

>We're obviously not talking about the law
And yet brought it up
>You wouldn't give the death penalty to President Truman.

>I'm pretty sure you won't be able to make a very compelling argument in favor of it.
There's no need to argue an inherently fallacious attempt at comparisons.
Without authorization to act, what Veidt did falls under an act of terrorism regardless of any moral relativism to frame it otherwise.

Lastly there is nothing to indicate the nuclear war Adrian hypothesized would happen nor that he permanently averted any further conflicts. He himself acknowledges the uncertainty of his actions to Jon before he leaves.

I do not require a follow up from you, anything you could muster would lack evidence to support itself.

>he still believes american propaganda.

The real reason they nuked the nips was to make them surrender as fast as possible to avoid possible soviet involvement.

muh lives saved was just a convinient excuse.

The source is Rorsharch. The public at large saw Rorsharch as a dangerous lunatic who committed extrajudicial murders and frequently assaulted petty criminals. He's accusing one of the world's most beloved celebrities, a billionaire philanthropist and world class athlete, of something that sounds completely retarded at face value. Rorsharch's journal will go completely ignored for years and Adrian will live just long enough to see the fragile peace he created crumble and collapse.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>and should pay for his crimes.

It was okay when Truman did it. And Walter kept sucking his dick for it.

>>If he refuses then it was clearly never about really helping others and only making the world helpless so he could feel useful and sate his paranoia about its destruction by pretending to help them.

Yeah, he should have just stood idly by and let humanity go into extinction.

>Presumably as punishment for the murder of all those people. You normally get the death penalty after a few people down.

Truman didn't get jailed.

>Saved Japan from a Communist Utopia of forced starvation

Pretty sure the couple hundred thousand civilians and military personnel killed would have been less than a full infantry invasion of Japan, then the thousands that would have died in an unregulated Russian rape tour of Northern Japan.

>there is nothing to indicate the nuclear war Adrian hypothesized would happen

There's nothing to indicate it WOULDN'T.

>>I do not require a follow up from you, anything you could muster would lack evidence to support itself.

Get the fuck over yourself

Oh, you were there with Truman and he actually discussed his decision with you?

>he really thinks Veidt's killings actually changed a damn thing

Yeah, he delayed the inevitable. That is the sole point of the final conversation between Ozy and Manhatten.

'Nothing ever ends.'

Yes, Ozy did avert the near nuke war, but, he didn't actually avert the destruction of humanity. He changed the date of humanity's extinction. The whole purpose of his character is he is just like the original Ozymandias. He's too obsessed with his ego and the empire he's building to have the foresight to see it will all crumble into the sand.

>There's nothing to indicate it WOULDN'T.
No, Jon's final statement pretty much does just that.

>muh nukes
They need a third one. Preferably after shipping all the weebs to Japan.

Oh hi don't mind me I'm just creating actual LASTING peace on earth

Ozzy wasn't a President during wartime.

as far as we know peace was kept