Disney Hate

ITT list what you hate about Disney. Movies? The corporation's habits of buying others out? Their Disney Princess line? List it here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act#Support
law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2017/pre-1976/
youtube.com/watch?v=yKCqJ8llKuA
youtube.com/watch?v=0JsnBOKdvXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Endlessly extending the copyright law. I usually love the fuck out of Disney and even often just have respect for them as a successful business and corporation, but I believe that preventing any properties from entering the public domain like they have just so that they can keep clutching their mouse is actively harmful to the progression of culture.

The blatant monarchism

How so?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act#Support
law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2017/pre-1976/

>Endlessly extending the copyright law
>a successful business and corporation
these two things are entirely related, you don't owe them any respect

Fucking this.

""Family Values""

>Endlessly extending the copyright law.
This is probably the worst of their sins. Copyright on a work has no reason to exceed the life of the creator of the work, short of helping a company profit off of the deceased's work. I personally feel copyright should die with the creator of the work, but I know people have good arguments as to why it shouldn't.

If pic related is your hate I will fucking castrate you with a pair of rusty hedge clippers.

I'll never understand why animators conspired in the 80's to make us sexually attracted to rodents.

They're popular

PSYOP
S
Y
O
P

I really don't get the copyright extension hate, is everybody chomping at the bit to make Mickey Mouse Cartoons? Most of their shit is based on public domain stuff anyway. I could make a Snow White film tomorrow if I wanted.
And if copyrights did run out they could stop funneling billions into the A.A. Milne trust for the Winnie the Pooh rights.

kek shut the fuck up you triggered furfag

Idk, if I had any talent or motivation I'd make a mickey mouse comic or something. I like the character.

My feelings is that if a property is still being actively used like Mickey Mouse or Snow White then it should remain copyrighted. But obscure works that haven't been made into other media or merchandise is fair use, so something like Felix the Cat would be public domain.

Deal with it peseant

Rodent's are a plague who keeps spreading, adapting, getting smarter, learning how to avoid traps and gaining immunity to poison.

You better get used to them if gonna you are going to share the dominance of the earth with a group of super evolved sentient rodents

Exactly this, the new Mickey shorts are good.
>Nobody gives a shit about Felix the Cat anymore.

So what? That pic got chosen because guess what? I do NOT like Rescuer movies. I will never understand the cult following these films have developed. The gimmick is interesting characters.....waste their time saving uninteresting human kids. And I will never get how such a boring concept was the one that broke the tradition of No Sequels for Disney. Again, what made the Rescuers deserve a sequel? A theatrical well animated sequel no less. Literal waste of money.

Many other films deserved a theatrical sequel treatment. For one thing Aladdin and King of Thieves deserved that honor more than Rescuers.

It's especially weird because rodents are tiny. So what? Do people fantasize about shrinking to be with the mouse girls?

The lack of vision as of late in theme park development. Not everything has to be a fucking movie tie-in and you need to be thinking about the bigger picture of what that park is when it comes to putting new stuff in the non-Castle parks.

It's too big to fail

>Literal waste of money.
>$10m profit
It wasn't a screaming success I'll admit but a profit's a profit. It still makes money from rebroadcasts & shit.

Maybe they want to do things to their mouseholes with a q-tip in one hand and their dick in the other.

I disagree but i don't understand why you want other companies to be able to use Mickey Mouse.

For me its
>Cookie cutter princesses
>That calarts disney standard for much of the art
>the really ugly cat faced girls in their CGI films (It just doesn't translate right to CG for me it looks weird as fuck and bulgey)
>Abandonment of 2D animation even though no one could do traditional animation like Disney could

The movie Enchanted had the last 2D animated sequences and it's such a gorgeous example of what could be done with 2D animation by Disney in a day of CGI but they only care about CGi. I'm bored of it, am I the only one?

>these fucking live action remakes
>The fact that they have access to massive amounts of characters under the original Disney brand but do jack shit with them
>Treat their creators like shit in regards to their tv animation
>Delegate most of their cartoons to a channel that costs extra and then it's a huge shock when some of them don't do as well as the shows on other networks
>Literally every live action show they have had since That's So Raven (or that era at least) ended has been absolute garbage. Something about the production values got really fucking weird and low.
The sitcoms are cornier than Horsin' Around.

Related to their theme parks
>Disneyland is the shittiest between Disney World and Disneyland. Fact. And they can't seem to fix it
>The Pandora themed land, while I hear it's really cool and stunning, is random and fucking stupid theming I didn't know it was even owned by Disney until they announced it, that's how weird it was to me.
>Ridiculously expensive considering they can afford to run for cheaper, some people never get to visit

>if you' can't beat 'em, join 'em in bed.

The best balance would be to go with having original areas with just a touch of branding. I like how the French pavilion is still all about France but in the restaurant Remy (on a trolley) may visit your table.

Keep things copyrighted, especially iconic characters. If you don't, people will horribly tarnish classic characters. When it's Mickey Mouse or Spongebob I want them copyrighted.

Full on Ratatouille ride is coming, though it's unclear what the fate of the old France movie will be.

Like the ride building will be going in the expansion slot next door, but the question is whether or not the queue and load will end up consuming the theater.

I think them being the sole holder of Winnie the Pooh is the only bit of bullshit I see with the copyright holdings. Most of their shit is fair use already since it's based off fairytales and holding onto the rights of things made specifically for your brand isn't unusual either.

Disney doesn't own a copyright for Snow White, but they own the rights to the specific design of their characters (So if someone else made a snow whtie, if she had a yellow dress with a blue top and puffy sleeves then Disney could sue, but if her appearance was different they got nothing).
I don't like them either user i think they're overrated, but Disney themselves don't pimp it out so I don't hold it against the company. Same with that furry Robin Hood movie. It's garbage and the only reason anyone likes it is because a lot of furfags had their sexual awakenings to the characters, which is pretty much all i have to say about that. If you like this movie I assume you fuck dogs.

>The movie Enchanted had the last 2D animated sequences and it's such a gorgeous example of what could be done with 2D animation by Disney in a day of CGI but they only care about CGi. I'm bored of it, am I the only one?
The Princess and the Frog & Winnie the Pooh says hi.

I see all of these but none of them are really dealbreakers for me. Someday Disney may fall too far, but it is not this day.

>Disney doesn't own a copyright for Snow White, but they own the rights to the specific design of their characters (So if someone else made a snow whtie, if she had a yellow dress with a blue top and puffy sleeves then Disney could sue, but if her appearance was different they got nothing).
Well, yeah, obviously. Same with just about every other Disney fairytale.

putting icons on a pedestal should never be encouraged

I'm okay with that. The Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris looks sweet & the short movies are so pase in the era of On-Demand entertainment. Other than the seating & air conditioning, those theaters are a waste of space to guests.

This trainwreck of a character

Surprised no one has mentioned Disney's obvious Leftist/Liberal/Progressive agenda that they put into their films. And Rescuers was the beginning of going against Traditionalism. Miss Bianca is the original Disney Feminist of the outgoing woman who acts like an adventurous male.

Then shit got worse with Little Mermaid or Little Entitled Mermaid, then Mulan with the Gurl Powah, and it continued on and on til the present with no signs of stopping. Even Gigantic screams Gynocentric shit.

I think there were other female members of the Rescue Aide Society in both films.

I'll give you Little Mermaid. But at least it was a breakaway from Walt's princesses.

Mulan was kickass, so shut your damn trap.

I hate disney because they turned me into a furry.
Damn it giving anthro characters the bedroom eyes is wrong.

okay Moses

this

Refusal to return to glorious 2D purely because of shekels.

>When it's Mickey Mouse or Spongebob I want them copyrighted.
>Spongebob

Nick has been doing a fine job themselves in ruining during the last few years. It's only gotten better recently, but even then it's far from what it used to be.

I', not interested in Mickey. But I would like access to literally everything after and from the same time as him, mostly non Disney. But since it's a law and an all-or-nothing deal, Mickey is just the marking point for when it starts. So, for example, without the law, we could let, say, Casablanca or Singin in the Rain pass into the public domain. These are just examples.

Overly attached to the standard predictable story formulas (3 act structure, hero's journey, etc.) Watching a Disney movie, I can predict exactly where the "big sad part" will be.

Also sameface. Fucking sameface. EVERYONE HAS THE SAME FACE.

Buying Star Wars and cancelling The Clone Wars and EU.

Passive-aggressively pushing the idea that there is certain "magicâ„¢" to the Disney films, that DIsney can make family friendly movies better than everyone else.

Which is a lie, but since when corporations ever lied to grow their reputation?

And Nintendo is the videogame version of this. Complete with their own Mario World Park:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKCqJ8llKuA

Basically having a monopoly on the animation industry in film.
Only making kiddie flicks when that's the opposite of what Walt wanted to do.
Same art style for every movie.
Generic use of CGI.

They ruined Orlando decades ago and now I'm paying for it.

>Only making kiddie flicks when that's the opposite of what Walt wanted to do.

Spot on. It's because of Disney that Western Animation is garbage for kids that can't rise above a PG rating. Not going to praise Japanese Anime, but at least they see animation as just a medium. So they're not locked onto just simply kids.

This.

They are quite possibly the safest, bland studios out there and a lot of their more modern movies are made by committee filmmaking that have no soul. Most studios are guilty of this but Disney feels like this more so than any other studio out there.

Basically everything they did to Captain Jack Sparrow and the Pirates movies in general.

their corporate bullshit
refusal to release shitloads of archived material in the best possible quality
trying to fuck with the law to benefit themselves
failing to innovate in style of things like the original plan for epcot and etc

>Miss Bianca
>Hate

basically this. sums up well what i hate about them too

Their refusal to market anything but princess shit to girls.

>they did to Captain Jack Sparrow
Disney published ALL of the movies. It's not like they took the license from someone else and "ruined" the films.

I have how all of the day everyone's going on about artistic integrity this, licensing that, the mouse, bla bla but as soon as Kingdom Hearts drops or some cunt goes to Disneyland it's
>Mickey Yay~!
And how KH is technically half Sup Forums so it should be allowed. Pick a side so I can stay far from you flip flopping fucks.
>Inb4 it's not the same people
Don't you fucking lie to me. Don't you lie to yourself.

>if it aint broke why fix it?

my gripe? leftist propaganda in nearly all their newest media.

>we could have Snow Queen movie by disney.

goddamit, why Elsa had to sing so WELL?!

The shitty realization of that movie getting a live action adaptation

by exclusively creating animated content for children, they've inadvertently created a cultural climate where your average adult thinks all cartoons are for babies
therefore we have very few cartoons aimed at adults and the ones that do exist are all comedies with crappy animation

because of disney, america (as a whole) won't ever accept cartoons as a valid artistic medium

dont scare me, user, upcoming Lion King is already 'crossing the line'.

Sorry for being Sup Forums for a second, but you don't "win" against "leftists" by just yelling at them. You convince enough of them to change their minds (SOMEHOW), and that's all you can do.

In other words, want to get rid of leftist propaganda in Disney stuff? Start thinking how.

i'm nobody so i can't convince indoctrinated people to change their minds.
I'll just whine on the internet like the rest of us.

>Endlessly extending the copyright law. I usually love the fuck out of Disney and even often just have respect for them as a successful business and corporation, but I believe that preventing any properties from entering the public domain like they have just so that they can keep clutching their mouse is actively harmful to the progression of culture.
100% agreed, hell I bet Walt would have hated the Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998(after all much of his success was due to adapting works in the Public Domain), although I imagine he would have been fine with the Copyright Act of 1976, as that one was much more reasonable overall

it's more the effects it has on our culture overall, it give corporations too much of a stranglehold over it, not to mention it's causing issues for preservation of media

In that case, you can just refuse to ever pay for Disney material, or even WATCH it. Then publicly (online) declare that you do not support DIsney anymore because they "are politically biased and force it down your throat".

THAT is more than nothing. And if enough people do it, if a MILLION people do it, maybe the higher ups will listen.

that's reasonable. thanks.

I fully welcome our mouse overlords

I still think this scene is awkwardly put together. Sure, they needed the dude to fall in love and get distracted, but that is both in-your-face and cliche.

And it made some people feel funny.

it's a movie from like 30 years ago, of course you consider it cliche. started the trend

Maybe you're right.

What leftist propaganda? They have feel-good messages in the movies because that's the vibe they go for. They push for "family" a lot too and that's more of a conservative value.

You guys are reading too much into it. It's not politics, it's just generic sanitized morals for children.

The complainers are just bored angry teenagers.

Depends on how you look at it.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Don Blutheis the Mouse?

And then, an angry bored teenager from a desert planet was planted by an evil sorcerer-politician to sit in the council so that it would cause problems and lead to the destruction of the order.
Angry bored teenagers really are the best weapons of old evil autocrats.

Mrs Bianca is a wonderful gal.

More people need to use "gal". A perfectly good word, slowly being forgotten because lazy fucks just keep saying "guy" to refer to everyone.

They use 'guy' because it's easy to assume everyone is male on the Web but I don't think people have actually forgotten that word.

It's in real life now.

They're just such a business that they've nailed everything down to a science. They basically just write down specific but not too specific character traits on a piece of paper, come up with a logical combination and then make that the protagonist. She almost always looks like this: has a very minor flaw that's endearing to the audience but is treated like a real fault (i.e. anger problems). Sarcastic but still jovial.

But I don't want to focus on cookie cutter characters. I'm talking about how they push the envelope just enough. Like the world's stingiest pet owner, they've figured out the bare minimum to keep us satisfied. They tackle heavy and interesting themes but never in a heavy or interesting way. The hero never loses anything, there's never a point brought up that makes the audience question their worldview and there's never any real risk. It's all simulated.

Rogue One caught me way off guard. You could say it's because that one's PG-13, but that caught me off guard, too. However, that's the Star Wars IP, which has never been shy about bisections, decapitations, immolation, etc. All their original films are so play it safe.

Frozen could have had a heavy subplot about Olaf melting in the summer, but they just pull a solution out of their ass. Tangled opens with the line about "This is the story of my death" but, true to its name, it's a Disney death. Moana dealt with Pacific Islanders, so I can't blame it for being fuck all afraid of anything and everything.

Disney's just boring.

The saddest thing about them abandoning the original concept is how clear it is that Elsa was meant to be an antagonist. The movie would've worked so much fucking better.

The fact that they made me want to fuck a lioness.

Overlords nothing. Unless they're like Miss Bianca describes at 1:38:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JsnBOKdvXI

Or bigger, you got weak overlords.

oh, Eddie. YOU did it all to YOURSELF.

Is the thread is all out of material?

I will never forgive you Disney.

The animators knew exactly what they were doing. It's the only Disney movie with a sex scene.

their unjust self harming morals they try to brainwash kids with

"family" is now just a euphemism for christian and "not-gay" shit

I say death of author or 10 years, whichever comes first, myself. But I'm probably an asshole.

>or 10 years, whichever comes first
Usagi Yojimbo wouldn't exist

Example?