JSA Storytime: X-Statix

Good evening owls,

continuing the metatext

pepe?

"best friend"

is Dark Souls 2 worth it for 12bux or will it just be frustrating?

Dark Souls 2 is the worst game in the series
So no

>She Xorn
BEENDIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!!111111!!!!!11!!!

OH SHIIII-

"soul-crushing difficulty" is not a selling point to me, good to know

Hello, Storyteller.

That fuckin' Dark Days/Metal/whatever the hell is really taking the ultimate piss now with the logical extreme of Batwank. Everyone is Batman now, no doubt fulfilling the wet dreams of corporate and editorial alike.

Like, seriously, can Batman please just fuck off already? How far deep does DC have to shove the Bat-Cock down everyone's throat before people get sick of this shit and collectively say "No.", and piss off to endlessly fellate a different IP? Cause that day can't come soon enough.

>Tike without beady eyes
Looks weird bth

Top 10 sales finally appeared, and I really want to know what the actual numbers are. Lots of SE

Also, according to BleedingCool, Secret Empire got another issue added to it, called Secret Empire Omega #1 (like The Oath).

Batstuff subsidizes the niche shit

>there was no Secret Empire Alpha
What the fuck are you doing, Marvel?!

Oh Doop, I'm hungover today too

It's been almost 30 years since Batman '89 with no sign of slowing down.

Something I found funny today was Sideshow was advertising a ludicrously detailed life-size Joker bust. It blows my mind that someone out there loves the Joker so much that they'd pay hundreds of dollars to have his lifelike, deadeyed clown head on their mantle.

The fact there's a market for that is why Batman will continue to be the brand leader.

This.

Also, the end will lead into Marvel Generations, that which leads into Marvel Legacy, that will lead into the Introduction of Marvelman into the Marvel Universe.

It kinda died a little after Batman and Robin. It didn't outright kill the franchise but there were a lot more "Batman and Robin are gay" jokes after that.

Meanwhile at Marvel the Ultimate Universe is coming back apparently.

Leaked final page of Marvel Legacy.

Thanks to the kind drawfag who made it

The whole super punishing difficulty thing is just exclusionist propaganda perpetuated by elitist fans who want to claim the series for themselves to stroke their epeens. The series is more about preparation and strategy than being absurdly tough.

sick Eno ref

LOL

Generations sounds like ass desu

hmmmm

do you have to be good at pressing buttons ala combos?

OP is a faggot WHO NEEDS TO STOP MISTAKING OTHER PEOPLE FOR ME EVEN WHEN I POST BEFORE THEM JUST BECAUSE A POST HAS "FAGGOT" AND "OP" IN THE SAME SENTENCE DOESN'T MEAN I MADE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DS doesn't really have combos. Only Heavy and Light attack. Lots of strafing/dodging/and rolling though.
I haven't played 2, but I remember there being complaints about enemy placement and anti-grinding implements.

Shut the fuck up, you whiny attention whore.

Not really. Combat focuses on timing and wise use of equipment.

so how was the first issue of Bobby Is Gay Now?

There are no combos in it. I played DS1 for the first time this year after being turned off by all the people ranting about how sicknasty hard it was.

If you've ever played Castlevania NES, you know how when you jump you're locked into that animation until you land? It's kind of like that but with attacks, so it's all about defending and waiting for an opening to get an attack in.

Haven't read it yet. So far I am only reading Blue.

hmmmmmmmm.

I suck at dodging.

>tfw batman's villians have more fans than x-statix probably
why is comics pain?

because we can't have nice things

Oh but I will say if you get frustrated by dying then you probably shouldn't play it. It's a game that requires patience and expects you to fail as you learn how to proceed.

Honestly it's probably not your wheelhouse. The RPG mechanics are weak, and exploring is not really encouraged because you can stumble upon an area with difficult enemies. Storywise the part that's told to you verbally is boring and the good part comes from reading about the lore online.

There's not really anything about it that I think would grab you.

Now Dragon's Dogma...

I do get pretty annoyed by dying repeatedly/suddenly/unfairly when exploring, at least in TES I usually get to run away

The worst part is that this comic isn't even obscure or shit.

>Now Dragon's Dogma...
Is shit.

>Now Dragon's Dogma...
... has a really cool and innovative combat system marred by the lack of fast travel and party members who never shut the fuck up.

>lack of fast travel
NGL that's almost always fatal for me in a huge worlded game :(

>being a lazy twat
>in 2017
wow

Mama Doop is big.

You mean THICC

I'm sorry I don't enjoy unnecessary tedium :(

anyone else remember Suikoden IV's fucking boat?

lmao

babby Doop is adorable

Do google the story of Abelard and Heloise

I don't understand what Ingmar Bergman has to do with anything. I mean, it's funny in its randomness, but...

>anyone else remember Suikoden IV's fucking boat?
Never played Suikoden, but I do remember all the tiresome bitching about Wind Waker's sailing. I will never understand how all these people have the gall to bitch and moan about that even though it was perfectly fine. The music is nice, the atmosphere is sweeping, epic(in the correct definition of the word, mind), and yet at the same time kinda relaxing. And it takes at most like three minutes to get to your destination anyway, for fucks sake. I dunno, maybe I'm just a freak for having a modicum of patience. Though granted, it helps there's stuff to do along the way.

It's the fucked-up family dynamics as background, I think

the boat had 1) crazy numbers of random encounters 2) was slow as fuck 3) was incredibly hard to steer into port

Did they fucked?

literally only going to read the Daken issue

(ignore that this lineup never happened at the same time)

How come no one ever mentions Doop as a bisexual hero, huh

Or that Edie is a flying brick for some reason.

We don't deserve Doop.

>the boat had 1) crazy numbers of random encounters 2) was slow as fuck 3) was incredibly hard to steer into port
See, that sounds like shit, and I can completely understand why people would dislike it.

Actually, the slowness in particular sounds like the worst part, cause that's just breaking game flow. Seems to be a recurring issue with boats, in fact, since we all know that boats are totally glacial in real life, right? Fucking hell... The hovercraft in Beyond Good and Evil wasn't slow, so what's everyone else's excuse?

Fuck that pre-rendered pile of wank for BGAE 2, by the way. There was a trailer and alleged game play footage of this game near a decade ago, so until there's a demo or something, you can suck my dick. Pre-production... fucking shameful.

He has a gender?

is this metacommentary on how so many writers waifu Kitty?

Is that Heart or Man, though?

who's got the translator at hand

Why is Kitty so wafuable?

Why IS it always Kitty? How come nobody waifus Ororo? Well, except Claremont of course. ... And let's be honest, me if I ever bothered to read a mainline X-Men book.

>Venus Dee Milo and U-Go Girl on the same team
What?

if only

Kitty's more approachable.

She's a cute teenie, obviously.

Storm is an adult black woman.

Because when these writers were first reading X-Men, they were teenagers, just like Kitty.

It's why so many 20 year olds in Sup Forums waifu Jubilee.

You know, if I would waifu some X-girl then that would be... fuck I hate Rogue and I am not into Ororo or Psylocke and fuck Jean she is worst girl. Who's left?

Tons. Magik, Emma, Rachel, Dazzler, etc.

Emma best girl

Dust

Man, the Academy X kids got fucked.

jfc

Yeah, but Ororo's an adult who has her shit together. She's cool, sensible, somewhat regal at times. I think she's perfectly approachable, since she seems pretty friendly from what I've seen, or at the very least cordial.

These actually came out exactly one year apart